• Published 4th Jun 2014
  • 3,213 Views, 278 Comments

Kurai the Forsaken - Seth Typofather



Having lit the first flame for the final time, an undead by the name of Kurai from the world of Lordran has been transported to Equestria. Will he learn to live his new life anew?

  • ...
11
 278
 3,213

Chapter 7: Advice and farewells

Author's Note:

This is NOT the ending. Also slightly NSFW element for those with imaginations. Sorry for the late update, school is forcing us to come in for another 5 weeks after exams so my updates will need some work after uploading. Sorry for any mispells! And PLEASE I need constructive criticism so share with your friends who might give this a fair critique or do so yourself. Thank you!

Approaching the treehouse door which was surprisingly large for just fillies, Kurai inspected the door to make sure it was not locked. No lock, after that painful climb up to the door it should be. Slowly opening the door he crept in and inspected his surroundings in the moonlight shining across the wood panel floor in the window. It was oddly empty save for a podium at the end, clearly they took their crusading seriously. What was a little off was a large saddlebag against the wall, curiosity getting the better of him, Kurai opened the bag and recoiled at what he saw. Holding up what seemed to be a…maids outfit, he inspected what was under it.

“Oh sweet Gwyn what the hell is this.” Behind the bag itself was a book, no doubt this might be the book that Diamond Tiara brat threatened Apple Bloom about. Praying it wasn’t what he thinks it might be Kurai opened his eyes to look at the cover, ‘Rosemary Delight’s guide to cooking”. Sighing with relief he sat back on the floor, just at that moment the book slid past the cover, it was an extra covered book. Those always irritated Kurai as he constantly had to put it together again, but seeing as it belongs to somepony else he had no choice. Reaching to pick up the book he noticed the title was different this time. ‘Rosemary Delight’s guide to fetishes’. At this point it did not surprise him, this filly would do just about anything for a cutie mark.

“Somebody needs to get her a boyfriend. Or, coltfriend. Next time I see her I need to have a word with her about morals of this stuff. I’m starting to think those two friends of hers did not catch the flu…” Putting the book away he felt a little drowsy after such an eventful morning, maybe it is a good idea to tuck in after all. With such armour he had no need for covers to keep warm, all it took was to nestle up to a corner and he was down like a brick.

-----------------------------

Opening his eyes slowly, the previous warmth of the treehouse now gone. A familiar coldness crept up his body like a snake, Kurai sat up and explored his current locations with his eyes. The area surrounding him was simply nothing, a black space. The only thing visible being the light grey of a ground that exhumed a dark purple mist.

“So this is your nightmare?” The sudden voice nearly made him jump out his armour as he leapt forward and twisted around to see who spoke. Standing before him was a dark blue alicorn with a moon on her flank, smaller than Celestia but still large by pony standards. “I was honestly expecting more from a battle hardened warrior.”

Before she spoke further a rumble was audible in the darkness, in the distance a red being rose up from the ground. It was clad in armour while carrying an inhumanly heavy sword, this was soon followed by another rumble with another red being rising from the ground.

“Invaders, I hate invaders.” Kurai mumbled gritting his teeth with pure fury. Before long a wall of red beings had formed in front of him and his intruder. In Lordran this was what he had to deal with every moment he was awake, and in his world he was awake all the time. Luna stood there with her mouth agape, her horn began to glow attempting to take them somewhere with less danger in his dreams but to no avail. “Don’t bother anyway, nowhere in my mind is safe.”

Luna ignored his word of caution and continued to try and find a place, a quick flash of her horn was all she needed as confirmation. Within seconds of being butchered they were teleported to someplace that looks like Equestria, Sweet Apple Acres to be precise, without a doubt Apple Bloom’s dream. A few moments later upon arriving, the princess gave Kurai a knowing arched eyebrow with a smirk. “Don’t you even dare.”

Oh the amount of blackmail this little secret could conceive, of all times for him to a grow a heart in this world. This resulted in her developing a crush on him. The princess of the moon broke into a fit of laughter, wiping off a tear and raising a trembling hoof to speak only to burst out laughing. “She honestly has a-“ Before she could even finish he had his hand gripping her muzzle shut, with a swift motion she phased right through his hand. “Alright alright I’m sorry, but we are amused by this. And slightly disturbed, you do know how old you are compared to everypony else? Your cycle must have been repeating for centuries, you might be older than our sister!”

Though she was wrong, she was right in some way. All those repeats and he retained every memory in deep detail. His body may not have aged, but his mind was older than the most ancient of holy priests. “Also, we have heard about the incident at the school. We saw her dreams anyway, so you had the right mind to do so. Who dreams of Scootaloo, Apple Bloom and Sweetiebell wearing collars and being household furniture?”

“A soon to be dead freak maybe?” Kura replied. Noticing her awkward stare he shrugged. “I’m not going to kill her, that would be me setting a bad example for Apple Bloom on how to deal with things.”

“Morning approaches, be safe and wary. You might be getting a visitor tomorrow night from the castle, good luck with the day.” She pokes his chest with a hoof. “And don’t let these monsters you discovered take over.”

He stood there and looked to where his pouch should be. “I have no weapons to do so.” If he remembers correctly he had to leave it with Applejack or Granny Smith.

“Of course! How silly of us, when you wake up you’ll have your weapons and things back. Good luck.”

Before he could even argue to how that is possible a rift appears and sucks him out into reality.

-----------------------------

Laying still in the treehouse, silent as a mouse surrounded by cats. He had no weapons, he had no idea what he would do. And what might be worse for him, is Apple Bloom had a crush on him. If that became apparent he would most certainly be seen as some sort of freak, not as an interspecies thing, but an age thing. Slowly turning to the saddlebag and book at the end of the room, he could only imagine what sort of things she would do if older. Shaking his head to rid his mind he heard steps approaching the treehouse, expecting it to be Applejack he set back and awaited his fate at the hooves of the crazy mare.

“Hello? Mr Kurai? I know you’re in there.” That voice was Apple Bloom without a shred of doubt. How she knew he was in there was anybody’s guess, opening the door slowly she peeked in to make sure her assumption was right. With a smile she closed the door behind her and hopped in, holding his pouch in her mouth. “Luna told me you’d be here!” She chirped.

“Yeah, and she seemed to show me a little more than I bargained to see.” Kurai replied with a flat tone. “Dream and reality.” He added while looking at the saddlebag. Turning his head to look at her she was looking at the floor whimpering, both her secrets out. “Sorry. But I will admit, it is flattering to be like-liked for once. I have a question for you though, why go this far for your cutie mark?”

Blushing she put the book in its respective place in the bag before answering. “It, wasn’t for getting my cutie mark. Living alone in the farm when my sister, brother and granny are out doing jobs gets frustrating. Specially since I've reached what my sister calls the age where ‘the birds and the bees’ need to be aware.”

“Can I interrupt you for a second? How old are you?”

“Fifteen!” She boasted proudly.

Kurai pondered for a brief second. “Well, I guess that might be the right age for your sister to explain it to you. But you are far too young to be playing with objects like that, where did you find them?”

Sitting on her flank she tapped her chin with a hoof. From how she was thinking those things must have been in the treehouse for what seemed like months, which made Kurai realise how long Diamond Tiara had been blackmailing her and her friends. “I found them in Applejacks closet..” She admitted shamefully.

Sighing he chuckled slightly at her answer. “Don’t worry, I won’t judge you.” Getting up he tied the pouch to his hip, he walked towards the door.

“You’re leaving…?”

Turning around to look her in the eyes he knelt down and gave her a close embrace, whispering. “I have to, with me being hunted down I can’t risk your safety, or anypony’s safety for that matter.” Pulling back from the embrace he stood, his shield and sword neatly sheathed on his back. “I might come back sometime, just not now. I have a promise to keep to Luna by defending the area from monsters.” Stepping out into the sunlight he began his quest after a quick bite of a green blossom, turning to look over his shoulder to give Apple Bloom a reassuring smile. His face was nearly pale but smooth as marble, his hair looking no better being split at the fringe and snowy white. His eyes were the last things to be embedded into her mind, pure pale blue. Eyes accustomed to war finally showing a kind expression and she was the first to see it.

“Goodbye…”