• Published 4th Jun 2014
  • 3,206 Views, 278 Comments

Kurai the Forsaken - Seth Typofather



Having lit the first flame for the final time, an undead by the name of Kurai from the world of Lordran has been transported to Equestria. Will he learn to live his new life anew?

  • ...
11
 278
 3,206

Chapter 1: The awakening

Author's Note:

I would love to get some constructive criticism on this. And I wanna give credit to those Dark Souls stories that gave me the inspiration!

It was a dim morning in Canterlot this hour, having returned from her vacation in Saddlearabia with Spike, Twilight Sparkle walked through the statue gardens looking at the statues of once great heroes and philosophers. It has been what felt like years since she visited this place. Taking a breath in before exhaling she thought back to the day her and the other elements had saved Equestria from Discord, the once occupied pedestal was now just a flat space of marble. Cracked and covered with moss from the ravages of time.

"Nice to see you visiting again." The warm voice slightly panicked Twilight as she turned to see the tall and calming figure of the Princess of the Sun, Celestia.

"It has been a while since we have seen each other when the fate of Equestria was not at stake." Twilight replied with a smile. "Though I can't seem to get the hang of these things." Looking to her wings folded against her back she constantly had to tense her muscles to keep them down, it had led to a few embarrassing moments at a few cafes in Canterlot.

-----------------------------

Darkness, it was all he knew, it was all he tried to escape. Yet, he was engulfed by it and it embraced him as its protégé. The curse of dying over and over again only to receive no eternal reward, only the vision of a small pile of flaming wood with a peculiar sword embedded into it. It was all the undead knew, death to no end with the final stage being worse than hell itself, hollowing. Yet where was he? This is not Lordran, but a dark forest unfamiliar to him. Definitely not Darkroot Garden, or Darkroot Basin or Sanctuary Garden for that matter. Getting up slowly his armour pieces ground against each other in a manner most barbaric and foul as the dust flew off him in the gentle breeze. Having a huge set of armour had a few perks, his gauntlets and leggings from the legendary Bishop Havel and the chetspiece and helmet of the once mighty guardian of Anor Londo known simply as the Iron Golem. Whatever tried to eat him while he was slumbering could not bite through the thick shell of armour, though his sword was quite a distance away from him like whatever tried taking it gave up and ran when he woke up. Staggering to his feet he walked over to the Gravelord Greatsword that lay on the ground, grabbing the skeletal hilt he felt the pestilence and hatred of many slain souls resonating within it. With a satisfied stance he held it over his shoulder and walked onward for whatever paths came across him.

-----------------------------

Trotting home late at night was daring, but the once confident feelings turned to fear as the yellow sweetheart of Ponyville was almost home. "Oh, don't worry Angel, I'm almost home." She squeaked under her breath as she started galloping like her life depended on it, only for a low and fierce growl to be heard as a pair of green eyes zipped past her. Frozen in terror from what she just saw she turns around, her quivering lips parted to ask the darkness if any pony was here.

"U-uhm, h-hello?"

The reply was something she wished never came as she was pounced by a Timberwolf, thrashing she desperately tried to escape but its weight was too great for Fluttershy to handle. "Discord!!! Help!!" Fluttershy cried for help at the top of her lungs only to realise he was on royal duty at Canterlot. With a whimper as the Timberwolf raised its head to pull out her throat she whispered her final goodbyes to her friends, the animals and Angel. As she closed her eyes preparing for her fate the sounds of other Timberwolves emerged, hoping to get a taste of pony flesh.

With a swift motion the Timberwolf on top of her was brutally swiped off of her, cut cleanly in two. Confused at the sudden turn of events Fluttershy opened her eyes to a gruesome sight of Timberwolves attacking what appeared to be a bipedal creature clad in armour. It pointed to her cottage as it struggled as a signal for her to run, without a seconds delay she made haste to her home and locked the door. Sobbing out of pure fear she slumped against the door as the sounds of a fierce battle raged on mere feet away from the small bridge that led to her cottage. Curiosity took over the cowering mare that she ended up looking out the window to who her saviour was clearly in the moonlight.

One Timberwolf dashed at the large knight, teeth made of stakes and splinters bared for the kill. All it took was a swift motion of his sword and the wooden creature fell limp in two pieces, the miasma from his sword causing the wood to chip and die preventing regeneration. Pointing the sword at the group he welcomed them to suffer the same fate, just as he did three more struck from the darkness hoping to flank him. Dropping his sword from the impact of the one behind him he fell to his knees, in a moment of primal instinct a fist formed in the strange beings hands and landed it straight into the wolf that knocked him down straight in the small log for a snout. The force of the punch seemed to slow down everything as he rushed for his sword before plunging it into the unfortunate forest monster's chest, the area around it slowly rotting away as it twitched and convulsed in sheer agony before going limp and breaking apart.

The large blade still plunged into the dead body he stood straight to his full seven feet and turned to glare at the remaining residents of the Everfree as they stepped backwards, cowering. He motions them to leave again as he did before, only this time they obeyed and scampered off, the leafs and sticks for tails between their legs.

A mixture of tiredness and damage received had suddenly taken over the warrior, staring at his hands he felt something he had not felt in a long time, fatigue. Struggling to move he realised how heavy his armour was than when he was in Lordran, where sleep was non-existent for normal undead. Overcome with this old feeling he fell to his knees before his whole upper body fell flat with the clank of his armour following.

-----------------------------

Canterlot at night was no different from morning, stallions and mares alike stayed awake to enjoy the high life. Parties, meetings, gambling. It all goes down at night. Unlike the Canterlot elite, the princesses enjoy a nice quiet talk for supper. This is Twilights first time actually enjoying a supper without the stress of royal business, save for Discord's pranks which the royal sisters chuckled at when it happened to one another. Staring at the cup of tea in front of her she pondered to how her friends were doing without her for a while as Discord and Luna roared with laughter at the sight of Celestia's mane having been turned into multicoloured cotton candy.

"Ha ha" Celestia laughed sarcastically before turning her mane back to it's natural state.

"Come join the fun!" Luna called out to Twilight interrupting her thoughts. "The fun needs to be tripled!" Before Celestia can interject a scroll appearing in a flash of green appeared. Picking it up with her magic she rolled it open and read it through, her eyes widening at it the first time before reading through it a second time just to be sure she read it right.

"Is something wrong princess?" Twilight got off her seat and approached Celestia with caution.

"R-read it."

Dear princesses and Discord,

Please come to Ponyville Library as soon as you receive this, Flutterhsy found something that I can't even explain. I got a picture of it thanks to Photo Finish letting us use her camera, it looks like some weird form of diamond dog or dragon. But it looks far too small for that. PLEASE get here quick!
Your faithful number one dragon, Spike.

After reading she took a look at the second piece of paper taped to the scroll, not believing her own eyes Twilight stood there stunned for a significant amount of time staring at the strange figure laying on a mattress. Regaining her senses she pointed to the nearest guard.

"Prepare us a ride to Ponyville, quickly!"

The sound of a throat being cleared echoed through the silence, Discord floated there arms folded. "Or I could simply teleport you there?" Rolling his eyes at not being noticed.

Twilight blushed in embarrassment as she dismissed the guard. "Sorry Discord, I sometimes forget you can do that."

"Considering you never use it when needed." Luna barged in.

Discord coiled around Luna and poked a talon on her nose, "And where were you during the Changeling invasion?" Standing there a moment Luna thought for a witty comeback, only to accept defeat at Discord's words.

"Touché…"