• Published 4th Jun 2014
  • 3,207 Views, 278 Comments

Kurai the Forsaken - Seth Typofather



Having lit the first flame for the final time, an undead by the name of Kurai from the world of Lordran has been transported to Equestria. Will he learn to live his new life anew?

  • ...
11
 278
 3,207

Extra: The True Nightmare Begins

Author's Note:

A little extra something for a sequel I might do, if this gets enough comments and attention I might consider actually doing the sequel, or deleting this extra and forgetting about it.

The leaves blew in rhythm to the serene breeze of the Everfree, the timberwolves were lounging in their caves, rockodiles basking in the mud. The hydra was even taking a well deserved nap after a large meal from a weekly hunt. Hearing a noise outside a lone timberwolf on a hunt stalked the sound, hoping it was something worth chasing. Upon pouncing into view of whatever it had decided to make a good meal was nothing, a small portal shifting and expanding. Curiously the wooden creature approached the portal, sniffing at it. A large mangled hand shot out the portal and gripped the timberwolf which struggled in vain, before being dragged in.

A few good minutes go by before a large explosion of tree sap splattered out the portal and all over the grass and surrounding trees followed by a loud scared whimper which was cut off. A dark and loud rumble of a growl was heard from inside, the same large hand shooting out again with an arm made up of swirling black clouds and clung to a firmly rooted tree and pulled.

The arm belonged to a giant monster, its back completely broken open into a collection of bony horns that arc in a row. Dragging the full body out the creature stumbled forward, using a giant staff to keep the large frame standing. On the front horns a collection of red beady eyes flashed open, signifying its full awakening.

Rearing its back the monster screamed, its voice full of hatred while the portal it just came out of started surrounding the area in a dark purple sludge that spread like a plague the second it made contact with anything. The primeval monster of legends, has once more, been awakened.

Comments ( 107 )

Oh...my...GWYN! ITS MANUS (aka the Furtive Pygmy in my book) KURAI PLEASE REVIVE IN NEW GAME PLUS AND SAVE EQUIS!

4783058 way to go spoiling it XD jk jk

4783060 SORRY BUT ISM FREAKING THE HELL OUT! AHHHHHH! KURAI SAVE US ALL!

4783092 New game plus. Besides in the lore it said that even after the flame is lit the cycle restarts. You could do a plot twist and make Kurai not remember Equestria, and make a few chapters re introducing him to what he forgot and missed.

4783119 No offence but that would be silly. The story itself was based after a ng+ or from a lore perspective, a repeat. So unless Equs has a first flame that will not happen.

4783125 you could just have Kurai Respawning in Lordran, and be doing the Abyss Walker DLC, and get dragged into Equestria again...I'm very desperate Kurai, and AppleBloom where my faves in the story...THE SHIP MUST SAIL ON!

4783142 Well, ever heard of Great Heal?

4783150 Yeah I got my talisman so when I find it I can spam it during boss fights cause I get hurt a lot more than I should even though I'm using a tank build

4783158 Now think of it this way, do you think Kurai is dumb enough to not use it when he gets the chance?

4783165 ...You:trollestia:
I see what you did there...can't wait for Kurai The Forsaken 2

Manus Father of the Abyss

Quick! Someone get Artorias! Or Sif!

Its manus thought it was a promedal serpent

4784940 so what detail tipped you off it was manus?

4785738 I would say the far left horn on the back:trollestia:

I just remembered. Nito's soul is an ineffable soul and will eventually come back... Well equestria is screwed XD

4822850 Well, it will only come back if the time loop occurs, and his human head was the only thing able to contain it without hindering his abilities and allowed him to have this giant cloak of humanity. If he were to use a ponies skeleton he would have to wait possibly an eternity to get to his full power, and even then Discord and the Princesses would have learnt to control human dimension aura in case by the time Nito regains full power. :twistnerd:

4823416 Take it as you will, just imagine the reader reading aloud.

4823522 Oh come now, be a sun bro.

4823522 Most ironic, in order to save him, you need to be at leas +2 in the servants of chaos covenant.
you know that path to the side in izelith? the one just before the firesage, go down it, you will eventually reach a "dead end", interact with the wall and it will open a shortcut to where solare would be, then you kill all the sunlight maggots.
gratz, you have now saved brolare

4823593 That's the sun bro spirit! :twilightsmile:

4823633 Once again, it's not the sunbro spirit, it's the servant of chaos+2 spirit :)

4823638 But to save Solaire you need the sun bro spirit. :moustache:

4823676 Nah, i save him purely because you can then summon him in the gwn boss fight.

4823065 No in game and in lore it's all cycles and eventually the souls regain power over time and are reborn. Just by being there he will eventually come back as just a soul for some poor bugger to get and use. Nito has a flame of the beginning as a soul and he will always come back as surely as Celestia will raise her flame. It's been proven with the Rotten that any being can use the soul. It's power usable by any and all. Even the useless and discarded

4823690 So you're saying all it will take is for someone to find the soul?

4823712 Once it returns yes it needs only to be found. And they're always found apparently. But it'll be a long damn time before that XD well could be a few years to a few millennia it's not really clear.

4824620 And once that person finds the soul, they would be driven to madness by it? Becoming some kind of reincarnation?

4824661 Not really sure but from what I can tell they embrace what flocks to them. To Nito, the dead, and to the Rotten, the unwanted and discarded. Basically they become compassionate to a fault and embrace them literally and figuratively it seems but most of all they seek to be left on their own. All equestria need do is leave whatever comes of it alone and it will NEVER bother them.

4824906 Or seal it? The Lordvessel acted as some sort seal for the Lord Souls, if you did not kill Gwyn the souls are trapped.

4825175 The Lordvessel took a lot of power to create. The sealing wasn't the issue. It's just reincarnation for the powerful basically. And is Celestia as desperate as Gwyn was? Gwyn was under the pressure if his entire kingdom dying and did everything in his power to find ways to stop it. Celestia would just be attacking something for no reason other than some idiot might herp derp their way into its path and just settle somewhere forever. Not to mention the amount power it would take to hold it away from all. It's effort for nothing. Best to just leave it alone and let whatever happens, happen.

4825320 Or Celestia could approach and offer a peace treaty, giving it a remote location to do whatever?

4825365 Might work unless whatever it is decides burrow deep beneath the earth and decides to stay there. And having an Old Dead One as an ally could be beneficial... I hope Celestia realises this.

4825525 Yup, but I think it would be best to seal the souls which would pose a threat more than good. Also isn't Apple Bloom now the wielder of Nito's soul now?

4825571 They actually pose nothing. All evidence points towards all incarnations of Nito wanting to left well alone and any action taken against him is always in dire situations. Celestia doesn't seem the type to go around killing things because they might be dangerous. And if Applebloom has it then yes she is. I'm trying to convince you to not wrote Celestia as a needless monster that goes around beating everything that even has a chance of threatening her ponies to death. Seems daft XD

4828624 Come now, I know Celestia isn't one to do so. :twilightsmile: I'm saying it would be beneficial to seal away souls that would cause more damage than good. Soul of the Witch of Izalith? Well, the witch herself seems like a good person and being the Godmother of pyromancy means a new spectrum of combat oriented or status changing spells to be learnt. Soul of Seath? I'd say seal away, as whoever inherits it as a reincarnation is destined to go mad. Also need I mention Seath's horrific experiments? Soul of the Four Kings? Eh, this is a challenge, help me out. Soul of Gwyn? Well, he was a great leader for his time. And to be in a world where peace reins supreme for the msot part he would make an amazing King of his own empire on Equs.

4829550 The soul of the Witch has been shown to want to punish itself as shown with the Lost Sinner. Seath no longer seems interested in anything anymore and yes I would agree is best kept away. The Four Kings never had a soul if their own, it was Gwyns... And yes the Old Iron King bared many similarities to the Four Kings than Gwyn yes. And I think Celestia would have Gwyn's... Yeah that's my head canon XD. But Gwyn fought for peace and prosperity of people. He wanted his age to continue by whatever means he could concoct. Celestia is truly a lady of Sunlight :3 praise the sun! \0/ oh and yeah the witch was trying to help Gwyn recreate the first flame... But then she created demons that were her children... She had new priorities XD kinda went downhill from there

4829879 Alright, so Seath should be sealed. Witch's should just be a pyromancy teacher. Four Kings's don't exist because they were born from Gwyn's soul but we can make the conclusion they were four princes before so meh. Gwyn himself would be quite the leader of his own empire allied with Celestia, just so long as he follows the world rules. Nito however should only be sealed under circumstances he goes on a rampage. Manus' Soul... SEAL AT ALL COSTS! I just realised something. Wouldn't this mean the captains of Gwyn's knights would be there too? Meaning even Kalameet, a dragon even Anor Londo (A CITY FOR GODS!) feared like a plague would be in Equestria? His obsidian scales built for resisting sunlight spears breaking them off, only being able to be beaten through sheer bravery (my headcanon is Gough hit Kalameet in a section where his scales would impede his wings. Even then he is incredibly deadly).

4830026 Who's to say Manus isn't among the ponies? Somepony close to the monarch. For every monarch there's always another at their side till hope has withered :3 ... I'm Sayin Luna is a piece of Manus that craves acceptance and acknowledgement of her usefulness XD. And Kalameet would be the biggest boss of dragons XD. But it's been shown that they can end up anywhere. Also dragons keep to themselves in souls... Especially after the war XD I'd be a hermit too if a bunch of bastards killed my friends and burned my home. And yeah the knights are a possibility. Oh and remember what Celestia wants and has. Peace... A peace so great one may say it's as peaceful as the Dark

4830147 Hmm.. true but then again it's the kind of peace that is lively. And at this point Manus is way too far in to be saved, stupid Oolacile witches torturing him. Also considering Manus in my book is the furtive Pygmy, wielder of the dark soul and giver of humanity. You think he would create an army of humanity phantoms?

4830240 No I'm Sayin Manus is dead and Luna is a Daughter of Dark like Nashandra or Elana. And there is saving a savage beast with no mind. Merely wish it to stay away and hope it will XD.

4830281 Hmm. sadly the cliffhanger is already set : I

Login or register to comment