• Published 3rd May 2014
  • 2,703 Views, 61 Comments

Into the Void - Shadowflame38



[2nd Person person fic between Anon, Luna, and a mystery mare currently unnamed]

  • ...
14
 61
 2,703

Chapter 1-"Beginnings"

“Into the Void”

Chapter 1
Beginning’s

*Beep* *Beep* *Beep…Beep* *Beep…Beep…Beep…Beep*

You let out a heavy sigh as you reach over with your arm and furiously hit your alarm clock to silence that horrendous beeping noise. That menacing alarm clock, always waking you in the best part of your dreams, but then again you haven’t had a normal dream in almost two years.

When you fall asleep it simply seems you drift in an endless sea of nothing, no sounds, nothing around you, just nothing. The only time you seem to actually dream is when you are able to see her which hasn’t been for about a week.

“You know its been awhile since ive seen her” you think to yourself, even though she is just a figment.

But still at least you dream when you see her, and she does seem to know a lot of stuff that you don’t like she is older than she looks. Your mind stars to drift back to the first time you two met *Beep…Beeep…..Beeep.*

“Fuck you alarm, if I could I would throw you against the wall” you say to yourself.

You finally roll over and actually turn the alarm off instead of just slapping the snooze button. You roll out of bed and start your daily routine with a mandatory cup of coffee and some toast. Next you jump in the shower and get cleaned up, once your satisfied you head out your door and start your day.

Just like another other day in electronic retail you arrive at your job and deal with moronic customers who couldn’t work there way out of a paper bag.

“How do I do this?” and “What does this mean?” “I swear these people are fucking idiots, let me spend hundreds of dollars on a piece of technology and instead figuring it out myself or actually reading the FUCKING MANUAL THAT COMES WITH IT, ill just bother this guy” you think to yourself.

So like every other day you put on a fake smile and trudge along just like any other day, but this isn’t just any other day. No, today is your 22nd birthday. You never cared for your birthday, after you grew up and started to figure out the world. Your birthday just turned into any other day, just meant your another year closer to dying.

You finally clock out for the day and head home with some “Happy Birthday’s” from your coworkers, “yeah like you really mean it” you think to yourself.

When you get home you grab your mail where you find two cards from your parents containing there “best wishes” and some extra spending money, you then jump on your computer and check your email.

“Of course nothing but bills, as usual” you think to yourself.

After some everyday surfing and deciding whether you want to hop on your Xbox or not you decide its time to call it a night and make your way up to your bed.

After finishing your nightly routine you hop into bed and continue to read a book you picked up online that talks about the origins of the Dead Space video game series.

“God I wish they would make this into a game” you say out loud to no one but yourself.

After reading for about an hour you decide its time to actually lay down and eventually fall asleep. You turn your light by your nightstand and your room is immediately bathed in complete darkness. You hear nothing but frogs outside chirping away, as you start to wind down from the day your mind starts to drift off to sleep.

“I wonder if she will be there tonight” you say to yourself as your eyes close and your mind wanders.

“It is good to see you again” a familiar voice says.

You open your eyes and take in your surroundings, like any other time you come here you really can’t see anything around you aside from a dark blue light coming from your companion. You turn to face her and reply with your usual greeting.

“sup.”

She giggles at you like every other time, your eyes drift up to where the blue light is coming from and the same question you have every time you see her pops into your mind, “how the hell does she do that and if this is my dream, why can‘t I do the same?”
She notices you staring at her and lets out a short giggle, that every time you hear you can’t help but smile to yourself.

“I see after all these years you still question how I do this” she says.

“Well after all these years I still don’t believe you say what you really are, and don’t even get me started on the whole magic thing” you say.

“Come now, I told you before a princess can’t lie, nor would she, especially to hide who she really is” she retorts.

“See that’s another thing, you say you’re a princess but if that’s the case then why are you here and not in some fancy castle” you respond.

Her face suddenly goes from a cheerful smile to one of pain, and she seems to slouch a little where she is sitting.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to make you feel bad, I know you don’t like to talk about that” you say in the most calming voice you can.

“Still cant believe that a figment of my imagination can still make me feel that bad” you think to yourself.

“No it’s alright, it’s nothing you did, its just whenever I think about what I did and how I got here I can’t blame anyone but myself” she says.

You look upon her and notice a small tear fall from her face, you stand and walk over to her and embrace her in a hug. She seems to tense up at even your slightest touch but after a couple of seconds she relaxes into your embrace.

“What are you doing? she Isn’t real” you think to yourself.

But deep down you feel sorry for her and giving her a hug is the least you can do.

“Thank you” you hear her say with a weak voice.

You look down and notice her looking up at you, she has stopped crying and even has a small grin on her face. You stand up and reach out your hand.

“Come on lets go for a walk you say, even if there isn’t anything here, at least we can do something to get our minds out of the gutter” you say.

She seems to perk up a little more and graciously takes your hand with her hoof and you pull her up.

“How the hell does she even do that” you think to yourself.

You two start walking in, well to be honest you have no idea where or even what direction your heading in, but its better than just sitting there. After a minute of awkward silence, she decides to be the brave one.

“Hey do you remember the first time we met?” she asks.

“You know I was just thinking about that this morning actually, and how it had been awhile since we last got to talk” you respond.

“Yes I do apologize for the amount of time since we last spoke, but I was not able to travel here safely, and I couldn’t risk her finding out about you” she says.

“Ahh, the mystery mare you never seems to want to tell me about, even on the night we first met you didn’t say much about her” you respond.

“Goodness it seems like only yesterday when you rescued me from my solitude” she says.

Even after two years you still don’t know how it happened or why, or if it was just some crazy ass dream. But ever since then you haven’t had normal dreams, and the only time you can even see anything is when she shows up. Nothing special happened that day or any day leading up to that night, all you remember was that you where exhausted from a particularly long day of work and when you finally got home and went to bed, you where asleep as soon as your head hit your pillow.

You remember waking up in this place of nothingness, you where laying on your back like you had been dropped into this place. You opened your eyes which was a weird feeling in a dream, it felt like you where actually opening them, as if you were awake.

You stand and take in your surroundings and the first thing that ran through your mind was. “Where the hell am I?”

You seemed to be standing on a place where two different worlds come together, on your right was an area as far as you could see bathed in the most brilliant of white lights. And on your left was an area bathed in the blackest of nights as far as you could see.

“What the hell is this place supposed to be, where light and dark meet?” was all you could think to yourself.

“Hello” you yell out for what ever reason expecting an answer, but all you could hear was your yell echoing and eventually fading into the unknown.

“Man this is one fucked up dream, why am I even here?” was all you could think about.

Not wanting to trust your luck with either direction you decide just sit down and wait for this crazy dream to end. After a couple of minutes which actually felt like multiple minutes had gone by which was yet another odd feeling in this dream since in any other dream you could remember, time seemed to move incredibly fast. As you sit there trying to figure out why you were having this dream when suddenly you start to hear crying coming from afar.

You immediately stand and spin around trying to make sure it wasn’t something coming for you in this dream like a creature from the Silent Hill video games. But as you stood there you noticed the crying wasn’t getting any louder nor was it getting quieter.

“Whatever the hell it is, it isn’t moving” you say to yourself to try and calm your nerves a little.

“Hello, is there anyone there?” you yell but get no response, only the faint sound of someone crying can be heard.

You then close your eyes and try to concentrate on the sound trying to figure out what direction it’s coming from which really isn’t difficult since it’s the only thing you can even hear aside from your breathing. You then determine that its most likely coming from the left towards the vale of darkness.

“Of course its coming from the creepy direction, just like in a video game its always the opposite direction you want to go.” “Well this is only a dream and I don’t have anything else to do, fuck it, guess I’ll go find whoever or whatever is crying” you say to yourself.

You start heading in the direction of the crying towards the creepy darkness. The crying seems to become louder the more time passes meaning you where right in thinking whatever it is crying, is coming from this direction. But the closer you got to the crying, the darker it seemed to get, every so often you would look back towards the light side which seems to be fading into the distance the farther you go. Luckily this world seems flat which is a good thing, you can barely see anything around you even though there isn’t anything to look at, and the small amount of light you have is slowly fading the closer you get to whatever is crying.

“Whoever or whatever this thing is better be worth me walking all this way, plus I can’t see a god damn thing, I swear if this was just my mind playing a trick on me and I was having a nightmare I was going to be so pissed.” you say to yourself.

After a couple of more minutes the only light you can see is a thin line far off in the distance behind you. You start to regret your decision since it seems like you have been walking forever and have yet to find anything, plus it seems like the crying hasn’t gotten any louder in the past couple of minutes which only makes you regret your decision even more thinking it’s just your mind playing tricks on you. Then suddenly the small amount of light behind you disappears leaving you in complete isolating darkness. You start to get this sinking feeling like you are about to get attacked or are being watched by the darkness.

“Fuck this I’m heading back I haven’t found anything the whole time I’ve been walking” you say out loud.

You turn around and start heading back the way you came, “if I just keep heading in this direction I should start seeing the light again” you think.

After minutes go by with no change in your surroundings you start to feel both regret and worry starting to settle in.

“Alright fuck this time to wake up” you say. You close your eyes and try concentrating on trying to wake your body from this hellish nightmare, you try opening your eyes to hopefully the real world but to your surprise, your still here in the darkness.

You close your eyes and try again but this time you notice the crying, it’s gotten louder than it was before.

“Ok maybe I need to find whatever the hell is crying before I can wake up, yeah that’s it” you try to reason with yourself.

Hoping once you do you can wake up from this hell. You start walking again and surprisingly the crying is growing louder and louder, and after a few minutes you stop and it seems like you should be able to see whatever the hell is making that noise.

“Hello, is there anyone there?” you yell hoping for a response.

Nothing, you take a couple more steps forward when suddenly you hit something. You can’t see anything but you reach your hand out and make contact with something but after your hand hit’s the hard surface you fell a sharp pain in your hand, like touching a blanket and getting shocked from the static.

“Ow, what the hell was that” you say aloud.

You can hear the crying, it’s the loudest its been this whole time, like whatever is doing it is right on the other side of this wall. You reach out and hit the wall with your foot, wasn’t a hard kick but when it made contact to your surprise the wall wasn’t actually a wall. It was a small dome that seemed to shimmer a dark blue when you made contact with it, and you could swear you saw something in the dome but as fast as it flashed blue, it was gone.

You kick the dome again, harder this time, and definitely notice something laying inside of it crying.

“Maybe whatever the hell this thing is, is supposed to be in the barrier, but it sounds sincere like how people cry when they have lost someone precious to them.” you think.

“Fuck it, I feel I need to help whatever this is, and heck this is still a dream so if it tries to hurt me, ill just wake up” you say.

So you reach out and touch it again, this time the shock doesn’t surprise you like before and doesn’t seem that bad, like one of those stupid joke things you put in your hand and then ask to shake someone’s hand and when they hit the button, it buzzes in their hand.

You then notice that the dome seems to react to your touch and starts to shine a dark blue and the longer your hand stays there the brighter the light, you also notice the shocking become more painful and immediately let go. The light dims like before but doesn’t fully dissipate like its getting weaker and you can make out the figure of something inside.

“Hey, whatever you are, can you hear me?” you yell but the whatever it is doesn’t respond.

“It seems like its alive but it can’t hear me” you say.

“Maybe if I can keep my hand on the dome long enough it will disappear and I can figure out where I am and what it actually is" you think.

You reach out one hand and make contact with the dome and like before it starts to glow that dark blue.

“Fuck it” you yell, and put your other hand on the dome which begins to glow a more intense blue.

You notice that whatever the hell is inside has finally noticed you.

“It seems alive whatever it is, and its like its looking at me, but I still can’t make out what it is” you think.

Then the dome begins to glow brightly and the shocking pain has intensified then when you originally started, seems like the dome has a mind of its own and the longer you keep your hands on it the brighter it shines and the more pain it causes. It also seems the brighter it gets the more of what’s inside you can see, then the light seems to intensify all at once and the pain starts to become unbearable. You keep your hands on the dome as long as you can until it moves from a shocking pain to feeling like someone is driving a knife through your hands, the sudden surge of pain overwhelms you all at once and you collapse on the ground just as the light around the dome shines an almost white color and then disappears.

You lay there on the ground panting holding your hands up from the pain coursing through them, you think that if you could actually see them right now that they would be bleeding.

“God damn it why does this hurt so much, I’m dreaming, I’m not supposed to feel anything” you say aloud.

You then see a dark blue aura shoot at you from where the dome was and engulf your body, you try to struggle free from whatever the hell this light is but you can’t move anything. You then see a similar light come from where the one now engulfing your body originated from and notice just what exactly was in that dome.

“A unicorn? what the fuck, I must be dreaming” you say aloud.

A loud crack is heard along with “SILANCE” in a female voice from the unicorn standing before you.

“Did you just fucking talk” you yell.

“I said SILANCE, thow dare show thyself after all these years” the unicorn screamed.

“Whoa whoa whoa, I’m not whoever you say I am, I have no idea who your talking about but its definitely not me, besides I freed you” you yell back with a hint of fear in your voice.

“Lies, thou are the only one who can enter such place, thou must be Nightmare Moon, and thou shall perish for thy sins” she screamed back.

“Whoa hang on I don’t even know where I am, I was dreaming in this weird place when I suddenly heard you crying, so I followed the sound until it lead me here” you yelled back, “besides I don’t even know where here is, I was just trying to help” you say in a quitter voice.

“Thou means to tell me thou entered this place through a dream?” she said in a less alert voice.

“Yes I was dreaming and ended up in a place where both light and darkness met, I hear you crying and decided to try and find the source which led me to you, I don’t even know how I got here in the first place” you replied in the calmest voice you could muster.

“Ok fine, if thou are speaking the truth, then allow me to read thy mind for the answers I seek” she said as she slowly made her way towards where you were still being held to the ground.

As she got close you started to get a better look at her, she was defiantly a unicorn but she wasn’t white, actually she was a very dark blue, and she had wings. When she was standing before you, you noticed her blue eyes and what looked like a white moon tattooed on her butt, she then leaned her head down towards yours and you felt the tip of her horn touch your forehead and saw a small blue light come from between your eyes. As soon as it appeared it was gone and she jumped back with a shocked look on her face.

“Who and what are you” she asked, curiosity in her voice.

“My name is Anon and I’m a human, who and what are you if you don‘t mind me asking” you replied.

She seemed to let out a small sigh, “my name is Luna and as to what I am, I’m an alicorn of course.” she stated with a small amount of pride in her tone.

“Well Luna it’s nice to meet you, now could you please get whatever this thing is off me?” you asked.

She hesitated for a moment but then you saw her horn glow a dark blue and whatever was surrounding you disappeared allowing you to move freely. You start to stand and notice Luna take a couple of steps back, you reach your full height.

“Don’t worry Luna I’m not going to hurt you, actually do you even know where we are?” you say.

“To be honest with you I don’t know where we are, all I know is that I have been trapped her for a very long time and the only pony that has ever been here is the one who imprisoned me here, Nightmare Moon” she answered.

“Ok do you know how we can get out of this place?” you ask.

“No, since you are here in a dream once you awake you should be able to leave but I can’t for reasons I do not wish to discuss” she answer with a hint of sadness at the end.

“Ok well since neither of us are going anywhere anytime soon care to explain to me what an alicorn is, why you’re here, what you where doing trapped in that dome, and who this nightmare person is?” you asked sitting back down.

She responded by sitting across from you.

“Well as to why I’m am here I do not wish to discuss, as to why I was trapped in that dome, I was trapped in there by Nightmare Moon, an evil pony who wishes to reign darkness across all of Equestria, and as to what an alicorn is, it’s a special kind of pony who has the wings of a Pegasus, a magic horn of a unicorn, and the strength of an earth pony.” she states.

You really don’t believe a word she is saying but hey the more time you can pass the faster you can wake up and forget this crazy dream.

“So you mean to tell me you can fly and use magic?” you asked.

She let out a small giggle which was nice since it seemed that she was finally starting to loosen up.

“Of course I can, where or how do you think I am making this light, with magic of course and as for my wings I can fly but not in this place for some reason” she responded while fluffing her wings.

Now that she mentioned it, the area around them was lit up in a pale blue light instead of the normal darkness, and it was emanating from her horn.

“Ok sure this is a dream so I guess magic can exist, I mean I am talking to a unicorn” you thought to yourself.

“So you don’t believe in magic?” she asked with a hint of curiosity.

“Are you reading my mind?” you asked, pure shock evident on your face.

She let out another giggle which you thought sounded kind of cute.

“Well I’m glad thou thinks thy giggle is cute” she responded with a wink.

“Holy shit she really is reading my mind, how is that possible I mean we are in my dream and she is part of it so I guess that makes sense but” you thought.

“Yes I am reading your mind but only out of caution for myself, you are a strange creature in an even stranger place, I didn’t know if you where hostile, my apologies” she said with a small amount of guilt.

“No it’s ok I understand just was not expecting it is all” you said with a small smile on your face.

“Thou knows what I am, but what are you?” She said in a very curious tone.

“Well like I said, I’m a human from Austin Texas in the United States of America on Earth, you said you where from Equestria, where is that exactly I’ve never heard of such a place?” you reply.

“Thou answered my question so I shall answer, I am from the country Equestria, Canterlot to be more precise on the eastern most continent on Earth as well” she stated.

“Wait what, America is on the eastern most continent, if that’s the case then how the hell have I never heard of you, I mean where I come from we have pony’s but they don’t talk or fly” you stated in a surprised tone.

“True I have never even heard of a place called Texas, nor have I ever heard of humans before, could it be our two worlds coincide on different magical planes?” she stated trailing off into a whisper towards the end.

“How the hell does she know all of this, I have never even heard these words before, so how the hell is my subconscious making these places up?” you thought.

“Still don’t believe this is a dream and that I’m not real?” she stated with a small grin.

“Oh, come on that’s so not fair, I can’t read your mind” you reply in a sort of playful pout. “I told you I am only being cautious but I am starting to see that thou aren’t much of a threat” she states with a giggle.

“Thanks I guess” you respond in a monotone fashion.

The two of you spent the next couple of hours it seemed getting to know each other, you explaining more about earth and what you do on a daily bases. Surprisingly she was interested in almost everything you had to say, probably because you where the first person or pony she had contact with in supposedly over 900 years. You still didn’t believe in this whole situation especially the whole magic and her being a princess in this place called Equestria which you’ve never even heard of.

What felt like hours of you and Luna just talking seemed to come to an abrupt end, while Luna was explaining some of the cities in Equestria that she remembers you started to hear a very distance beeping noise that continued to grow louder and louder.

“What is that Luna asked?” lifting her ear and caulking her head.

“That sounds like my alarm clock going off” you simply responded.

“Well if that is what it is then it seems like you are about to wake with how loud it is getting, it was nice to meet you Anon, maybe one day we can meet again” she said in a depressed voice.

"Even though I still think this is just a dream, I’m glad I was able to help you and hope that maybe I can have it again so that we can talk more” you said with a hint of depression in your voice.

“Perhaps we will meet again, but if we never do thank you for freeing me” she stated.

At that point the beeping was very loud, all of a sudden your eyes feel incredibly heavy and you fall backwards and right before you hit the ground you feel a jolt and open your eyes to your bedroom ceiling with your alarm clocking ringing in your ears.

That wasn’t the last time you saw Luna though and after that night you found yourself in that dark place alone every night but every so often Luna would appear in that place and the two of you would talk until it was time for you to awake. You also helped Luna with her speaking problem, she often spoke with we instead of I and thou instead of you, after about a year she finally adjusted to speaking more modern language. And over the years you started to see her more and more, after you first met her she only appeared once every month, a year later, two-three times a month. And now fast forward two year later, it seems you are seeing her once a week, whenever you ask her why you are able to see her more she just responds with.

“Because the seal is weakening” in a worried tone but quickly changes the subject.

Even though you still don’t truly believe she or anything she says is real, you start to have this feeling that what she says is true. That she really is a princess and that she really is trapped in this place and for whatever reasons you or her can’t figure out, you are able to enter this place through your dreams when no one else can.

“Anon… hey Anon are you ok” Luna asks looking up at you with a hint of worry in her voice.

“Yeah I’m ok, just remembering the night we first met” you say while looking down with a smile.

” Yes it seems like only yesterday we first met, even though I don’t know how or why but I’m glad we met” she responds with a smile.

“So am I” you state.

“Oh by the way Anon, Happy Birthday, I’m sorry I don’t have anything to give you but I promise, if I ever get out of here I’m going to throw you a big party not only for your birthday but also for everything you’ve done for me” she states with a happy grin.

”You know Luna if this place is real and you really are trapped here and eventually get out I would love to meet you in person, and hopefully make this dream a reality” you respond with a happy grin of your own and say

But little did Anon and Luna know, there were already events in motion that would shake the very foundation for both Anon and Equestria’s future.

Author's Note:

Hope you guys enjoyed the first chapter there are more to come, and like I said in the description, if you have any suggestions please feel free to leave them in the comments below.