• Published 29th Apr 2014
  • 2,692 Views, 67 Comments

Wedding Bells and Egg Shells - DraconequusMaximus



Spike and Macintosh have taken the next step and are soon to be wed. However, a startling event just a week before their wedding may upset the future they have together, or possibly make things better. Only time will tell.

  • ...
42
 67
 2,692

The Big Day

A week had passed since the events in the Everfree forest, Spike and Macintosh burned the bodies of the dead dragons as was customary. The egg was warm and safe, eventually their daughter would hatch from it. Spike had contacted a team of government workers to retrieve the hoard of the baby's parents, he saved three fourths in the bank and invested the rest in long-term business ventures. Money would never be an issue for taking care of the baby, Spike made sure of that.

Twilight and Trixie had been sworn to secrecy, Spike and Macintosh were going to tell everypony about the egg during the after party at their wedding tonight. Nopony knew about the egg other than the four of them, not even Celestia and Luna.

Spike was currently putting on his suit jacket in his dressing room, Rarity was assisting him with Twilight, Fluttershy, and Trixie standing by. The other girls were either helping Macintosh, or making sure everything was perfect. There were even magic sensors on all the doors and windows that detected changelings in disguise. Celestia had them installed in all government buildings less than a year after the invasion.

"Really Spike, I wish you would just shrink yourself. You've somehow grown since I made your suit less than a month ago." Rarity complained as she did alterations to the garment.

"Yeah I know, but I'd like to be myself today, Ya know?" Spike lied. He couldn't change his size so long as the egg was within him, if he got smaller his flame chamber would crush her.

"I suppose that makes sense, either way I've finished now." The seamstress said as she hopped off the step ladder she was standing atop to reach Spike's height.

"Thanks for the quick save Rarity, I should have thought to ask sooner." Spike said as he looked himself over in the mirror.

The girls chatted amongst themselves for a moment as Spike tied his new bow tie. It was a gift from Luna, it had been specially made from Saddle Arabian silk and was completely fireproof. His mother told him she would give him her present after the wedding, she made sure to be as cryptic as possible to keep him guessing. The gifts from the others had all been the normal things, flatware, fine china, appliances and the like. Just as Spike finished up the music began to play, signifying the ceremony was soon to begin. Spike was ashamed that he had cut things so close, forgetting about his suit had been easy while the egg he harbored was constantly on his mind. He shooed the girls out to their places and took his own at the head of the chapel.

This was the chapel of Canterlot castle, reserved specifically for royalty. It was the very same one where Twilight had revealed the changeling's plot with Cadence. Spike looked around seeing all their friends and family looking back at him. The royal sisters, the elements of harmony, the crusaders, Discord, the royalty of the Crystal Empire, Trixie, Twilight's parents, Some close friends from Ponyville, Pony Joe, and about ten of the closest relatives Big Macintosh had. His mother was presiding over the ceremony itself from behind the podium at the head of the room. Discord was the one playing the organ, but was also sitting in the audience because he was the only one who could do it and watch the ceremony at the same time.

The music changed, signifying the time had arrived. Spike gulped nervously. He knew nothing could go wrong with all the most powerful beings on earth here together, but this was the most important day of his life so far, he had every right to be nervous. The grand doors at the opposite side of the chapel opened, revealing Big Macintosh being escorted by Applejack. Macintosh was a sight to behold, he wore the finest white suit Rarity could make. This was also the first time Spike could recall Macintosh having perfectly styled hair, but it definitely suited him.

Spike's frayed nerves eased as he looked upon Macintosh, he saw not only the stallion he loved, but a wonderful future. It would be hard when Mac passed, but not even death could stop Spike from loving him. He straightened himself up, his renewed vigor evident to any that looked upon him. All eyes converged on the couple as Macintosh arrived at the podium, taking his place beside Spike. Celestia looked to her son who nodded to her, telling her to begin.

"Friends and family, we are gathered here today to celebrate the union of my son, Prince Sullivan Amadeus Equestria, or Spike, and Macintosh Apple. I take great pride in presiding over this joyous occasion, there are none who deserve happiness more than these two. The differences between them are great, but true love conquers all regardless of gender, species, or the test of time. Let any who believe they have a reason that these two should not wed speak now or forever remain silent." She said to the crowd of familiar faces.

None in the room so much as coughed, no one could deny the pair's bond. Spike smiled brightly, he knew nopony he called family would deny him, or Mac their happiness.

"Then do you, Spike, take Macintosh Apple to be your lawfully wedded husband, in sickness and in health, so long as you may live?" She continued, looking to her son.

"With all my heart." Spike replied without hesitation.

"And do you, Macintosh Apple take Spike to be your lawfully wedded husband, in sickness and in health, so long as you may live?" She asked, looking to Macintosh.

"Ah do." Mac replied.

"Then by the power vested in me as co-ruler of Equestria, I pronounce you wed. You may now kiss." Celestia said with a warm smile and tears of joy.

The couple embraced each other, locking into a deep, passionate kiss. The friends and family of the couple cheered as loud as they could for the newlyweds. Flash bulbs went off several times a second it seemed, none would ever forget the occasion, but photographs were always nice. After the lengthy kiss was over the happy couple joined their loved ones and headed for the ballroom for the after party.

The grand ballroom was the largest single room in the castle, it seemed empty with not quite fifty ponies attending, but the couple wanted it to be a family only affair. There was an impressive array of food, everypony knew of Spike's appetite. Their was also a full bar, Luna had made sure of that, she knew Spike shared her fondness for alcohol. She was vexed when Spike completely ignored the impressive selection of liquors.

"Nephew? Are you not planning on partaking any alcohol tonight? It is your wedding." She asked the dragon sitting a few places away from her at the dining table that had been placed in the room.

"I just think I need to cut back is all, Besides, Mac isn't big on me drinking so much anyway." Spike assured her. She raised a brow at his response but left him be.

Spike and Mac fed each other bites of their wedding cake as was tradition, the Cakes had managed to recreate the Mmm for the occasion. Spike saw his mother take several pieces when nopony was looking, he needed to remember to have a talk with her about pastries. More pictures were taken, and the couple even managed a few awkward dances together. Spike's size made it a tad difficult, but it went well enough. Macintosh even saw Twilight attempting to dance with Trixie. She still hadn't quite gotten it down yet.

As the night continued on, everypony eventually slowed down and talked with one another. Celestia levitated a spoon and used it to tap the rim of her glass, gaining everypony's attention. She had not yet given the pair her special gift.

"Everypony, I'd just like to take a moment to give my gift to the couple." She said with a smile.

On cue, the balcony door of the ballroom flew open with two orange blurs darting inside. The first landed on the back of Celestia's chair, it was Philomena her pet phoenix. Spike looked up in time to see a slightly larger bird land atop the largest spine on his head.

"Peewee?" Spike asked in surprise. "I haven't seen you in years."

"Yes, well I thought maybe you two could use some company in that big house of yours. Philomena was kind enough to find him for us, he was quite excited to see you." Celestia explained as the fire bird munched happily on his snack, raining crumbs on Spike.

Spike dusted his face off, and looked to Mac. Mac could essentially read the dragon's mind and nodded his approval. Spike stood from his seat, as did Big Mac. The party goers looked to them, wondering what they were now doing.

"Thank you mom, Peewee was a great pet, and I'm sure he will be again. But we aren't going to be as alone in the house as you would think." Spike said with a warm smile.

The guests all looked at each other wondering if anypony knew what they were talking about, Celestia and Luna included. Twilight and Trixie averted their eyes from the others in an attempt to feign ignorance. Luckily, no one paid them too much attention.

"Spike? What exactly do you mean?" Luna inquired.

"Mac and I have adopted a child." Spike said proudly as he placed a claw on the stallion's back.

"Eeyup." Mac added.

Celestia was struck dumb by the admission, she had seen cities destroyed before her very eyes, but receiving the news that she was to be a grandmother on her son's wedding day had rendered her unable to think. Luna waved a hoof in her face, to no avail. She tried poking her sister in the shoulder, producing a less than desirable result. She fell over, unconscious.

"That coulda gone better." Mac said looking down at his mother-in-law.

"Eeyup." Spike said sadly.

Author's Note:

So yeah chapter four. I keep getting comments and favorites for this story, but the red bar keeps growing. If you do like this story could you please thumbs up it? I'm starting to think that I'm wasting my time writing.