• Published 10th May 2014
  • 2,066 Views, 33 Comments

Aperture Science Otherworldly Exploration Initiative - Swordoath



Wheatley has been in space for quite some time now. He and the other cores which had been used to corrupt him receive an offer to return - On one condition. They must establish peaceful contact with an alien world. It goes as well as you'd think

  • ...
0
 33
 2,066

The Crash, Part Two

"SPAAAAAAACE!" Sounded in the distance.

Spike was the only one to hear this, in the town's park at night. Normally he wasn't out so late, but with the recent improvement to his curfew, he'd decided to go for nightly walks. So it was on this walk that he looked about for the source of the noise. Not long after the exclamation, he heard a screeching sound, and not four feet away, a fireball impacted with the ground, spraying him with dirt and rocks that bounced off of his scales. Much of the dirt fell back in, smothering the inferno. The crater it had created was only about a foot and a half in diameter, and half as deep. Some whitish-greyish object protruded from the dirt, and was moving around a bit. Spike, curious of the movement, began to dig out the object, that he found to be a moving sphere. When he cleared half of it, he could hear it muttering, "Ba! Ba ba ba! Ba!" When he scratched the moving center part, it screamed shortly. "AH!"

Spike yelped in response, stumbling back onto his rump.

"Space? Where's space?" It said, it's rapid movement dislodging dirt from the centerpiece.

"Where's space? Where'd you go, space?"

"Space?" Spike asked, confused. "You mean up in the sky?"

"Yes. Space. Space is gone. Not in space."

"What are you?"

"Ba. Core. Ba ba."

"A core? Of what?"

"Not space. Not anymore."

"So you're just a nothing core."

"Yes. No. Maybe. Ba ba ba!" it said, looking around at as many things as it could. "What are you? Hm? What?"

"I'm a Dragon. My name's Spike."

"Spike. Spike. Spike." the core replied. "Where is Spike? Where am I?"

"Ponyville."

"Where's Ponyville?"

"Equestria?"

"Where's Equestria?"

"I should bring you to Twilight. She'll answer your questions." Spike said, growing tired of the conversation. He pried the core from the dirt, lifted it over his head, and started walking back to the tree house.


"Ba! Ponyville. Ba ba."

"Twilight?" Spike called inside the tree house, and set the core on the table. "I found something, or, uh, someone you should meet."

"Twilight. What's a Twilight?"

"Spike, I told you, it's too late to bring home friends-" Twilight started. Then she saw the dirt coated sphere. "What is that?"

"Space Core. Not Core for space. No more. Hate Space."

"Did... did it just speak?"

"Yes. Ba. Ba ba ba! Ba."

"Oh dear Celestia!" Twilight said,vanishing and reappearing in front of Spike and the core. "You fell from the sky? You're an alien?!"

"Yes. No. Not-Space-Core is a core. Not alive. Not Space. Ba."

"So... you're a what? What is a core?"

"A robot. What is a Twilight?"

"I'm an Alicorn."

"What is an Alicorn?"

"A pony with wings and a horn?"

"Alicorns. Want to know more. Ba ba. Unicorn? Pegasus? Looks like both."

"Yes and yes." Twilight responded, levitating the core in the air. She blew off most of the dirt and soot with her wings. Spike, unhappily, was coated in it. He went into the bathroom to wash up. "I think you should be more closely examined. What are you made of?"

"Metal. Not from space. Moondust. From space. The Moon."

"Really? Your from the moon?"

"Different moon. Earth Moon."

"Earth. As in, dirt?"

"Earth as in soil, dirt, Planet. The Solar System."

"Hm... Maybe Luna knows about it. She's the only pony to map the stars completely, other than Starswirl the bearded himself."

"Luna? The Moon?"

"Luna the Princess. C'mon, I'll go write to her." Twilight levitated the extra-terrestrial curiosity up the stairs to write to the Princess of the Night.