• Published 26th Apr 2014
  • 1,047 Views, 49 Comments

The Song That Stole His Heart - Thunderstorm823



Lightning started his new day at his new school, at first he keeps to himself insight that he doesn't want to be that weird guy. But instead on the first day of school he meets a pony that crashed into his heart and he never even realized it.

  • ...
1
 49
 1,047

Prologue

Lightning sighed as he sat down on his new bed, tomorrow he would start his first day at the new Ponyville High. He wasn't excited, nor was he disappointed. All he wanted was to stay home for the week to think than go, but there's no change in plans now, he just has to deal with it.

"Lightning! Dinner!" His mother called, a gentle mare using her jaws to set down the plate of food on the table where Lightning would always sit, she sat down and used her magic to pour some milk into two cups and put one of them next to Lightnings plate.

Lightning came out of his room and sat down on the chair and looked down at the food, as hungry as he was he didn't feel like eating, so he sat there, staring at each bit of detail on the food.

"Lightning? Are you alright?" His mother asked, Lightning looked up in surprise and sighed.

"It's nothing..." He said softly, slowly starting to eat.

"I know... it's going to be different in this new town, but trust me, you'll be fine." She smiled at him. "You'll be fine my son..." She said in a calming voice.

He shrugged, his expression staying the same. He then began to actually eat, maybe a little too much. His mother than began to worry, she looked down, he's always been sad ever since she told him they were moving.

After dinner, Lightning immediately went to bed, with a hesitation, his mother put the food away and went to bed herself, ready to start the job search tomorrow.


Lightning got woken up by his alarm and hit the button on the box with his wing and slowly began to stand up, he slowly walked to his saddle bag and picked it up, as it was on his back he then left his mother a note that he had left early, thinking about looking around town.

Lightning looked around the town to find something to eat since he didn't eat the much yesterday, he then came across a place called Sugar Cube Corner. As he entered the place, he was surprised to see it was open this early. What he also didn't know was that the Cutie Mark Crusaders were there as well, he looked around the place and walked up to the counter, forcing a smile.

A pink surprised pony walked up, and gasped seeing Lightning. "You're new here aren't you?" She asked.

All he could do was nod, his smile starting to show a weakness that even the Pink pony would know that he isn't smiling for real. "What's wrong?" She asked in a calming voice.

Lightning shrugged, he was really sociable, so he kept to himself.

She began to think and smiled. "What can I get for you?"

Lightning began to speak but it was hoarse. "Just a cupcake..." He said, with sadness in his voice.

She sighed. "Hey, I'm Pinkie Pie, here." She handed him a cupcake. "It's on the house..." She whispered. "Don't tell on me..." She smiled backing away, looking around as she entered the kitchen again.

Lightning smiled softly, shaking his head, then he sat down at a table, putting his saddle bag on the table, then started looking at the cupcake. All he could do was stare at it, he was hungry, but something was stopping him from eating. As he looked over, at the kitchen he saw things being thrown around, as he began to feel confused he ignored it, then picked up the cupcake in his hooves, than he took a small bite of it.

He looked at the time and sighed, about an hour left till school starts, he turned back to his cupcake and ate more of it till he had finished it.

Lightning got up from the table and grabbed his saddlebag, putting it on his back, then thanked Pinkie one last time before stepping out of the doors. He then began to walk to the school, he never used his wings, he loved flying but, he was too depressed.

Lightning saw the school up ahead and sighed, the school was next to a forest, and he could've sworn to have seen and heard things in there, his heart began to beat from fear of someone following him, he wasn't far now, he began to trot a little getting closer.

Then a shout came from the forest. "LOOK OUT!" Lightning jumped, looking over, only to see something about to crash into him, he shut his eyes and blacked out.

His eyes opened as he shook his head, than looked up to see three mares standing above him, he rubbed his eyes looking at them.

"Are you okay?" Scootaloo asked.

"We're sorry, we didn't mean to crash into ya." Applebloom said.

"That was fun! Can we do that again!" A squeal came from Sweetie Belle.

"SWEETIE!" Applebloom and Scootaloo shouted, all Sweetie did was giggle into her hoof.

Lightning blinked, in dizziness. "What happened?" He asked.

"We were trying to get our Catapult Cutie Marks... looks like we aren't ready for that one either." Scootaloo explained, then they started to laugh nervously.

Lightning sighed, slowly standing up, looking at the clock on the school wall. "Class is about to start..." He said.

"Yup!" They all said in unison.

Lightning smiled slightly, then walked past them. "See you in class." He said, as he began to walk away.

Sweetie Belle gasped loudly, but Lightning didn't hear her.

"What is it Sweetie?" Applebloom asked.

"He doesn't have a Cutie Mark!" Sweetie excitedly said.

Scootaloo laughed. "And you found out by looking at his rump."

Sweetie blushed. "What? It's on everyone's..." She embarrassingly said. "But I think we found a new member to our crusade!." She smiled.

"Eh... he seems so sad though." Applebloom pointed out.

"He doesn't look like he's from here, let's find out more about him, without talking to him of course." Sweetie smiled.

Scootaloo sighed. "I feel like a stalker though, it's weird Sweetie..."

"Come on, we do it all the time, it's easy, come on, the bell's about to ring." Sweetie smiled and started to trot to their classroom.


"Alright students, we've got a new student, his name is Lightning, he just got here from... Where was it you were from?" The teacher asked him.

Lightning sighed. "I'd rather not say..." He said.

"Okay then, well now that we have a new student let's help him with today's subject." The teacher smiled and began to teach the lesson.

The Cutie Mark Crusaders began to watch his movements, and then the would meet after class to see what they got of him.

Lightning wrote down notes, he would normally bite on his pencil when he was thinking, and his right wing would itch.

Sweetie than got distracted, looking at him in a different way when the teacher called her name she jumped.

"Sweetie, do you know the answer?" The teacher asked.

Lightning turned to look at her, waiting for her answer.

Sweetie stuttered, then sighed. "I'm sorry, I wasn't paying attention." She admitted.

The teacher sighed. "Alright, make sure you focus, quit dosing off." She warned, then called on someone else.

Sweetie sighed, looking down at the paper, listening to the teacher, but occasionally would look at Lightning.

Scootaloo noticed this, and she began to snicker, knowing her secret.


After class Lightning grabbed his saddle bag and put it on his back, and headed out of the room.

The Cutie Mark Crusaders gathered at the library to discuss things. "So, did you girls get anything off him?" Sweetie asked.

Applebloom smiled. "He bites on his pencil."

Scootaloo stared at Sweetie, with a silly grin on her face. "He also caught the eye of a pony, crushing on the new pony huh?" She asked Sweetie, getting ready to laugh.

Sweetie blushed brightly. "You saw me staring at him weren't you?" She asked, a little embarrassed.

Scootaloo then started chuckling. "I might of saw some drool coming down your mouth."

Applebloom smiled. "How adorable." She snickers.

Sweetie covers her head. "Alright I do, can we just drop it." Sweetie says a little defensively.

Scootaloo sighed. "Don't worry, I'm only messing with you." She chuckled.

"I know..." Sweetie said. "It's still embarrassing..."

"Well, speak of the devil." Scootaloo smiled, pointing behind Sweetie.

Sweetie turned around and saw him sitting at a table alone, he wasn't eating, he was only playing with his food. Sweetie's heart melted, then she sighed. "He looks so alone, I just want to hold him and tell him everything will be okay..." She said out loud.

Scootaloo laughed. "Maybe some smooches could be added." She begins to make kissy noises and chuckled.

"N-No..." Sweetie blushed again. "This is a really weird feeling." She sighed. "But it feels amazing."

"It's probably because you like him." Applebloom said. "Go talk to him." She smiled.

"What? Are you crazy? I can't go over there, what if he thinks I'm weird?" She asked, a little shocked.

"Well, we did crash into him, that's more worse than being weird." Scootaloo pointed out.

"Yeah, you're right... maybe I should talk to him... but I feel so nervous." Sweetie sighed, looking at him, feeling bad for him.

Lighting stared at his food, then closed his eyes, his head tilting down, he sighed as a tear fell down his cheek. He wiped it away quickly looking around if anyone saw that, he sighed, laying his head on the table, staring at his food.

Sweetie sighed. "What happened with him?" She asked.

"Who knows...?" Applebloom sighed, than looked to her left seeing someone walk this way. "Oh no..." Applebloom wide eyed.

They both looked and two colts grabbed Scootaloo and Applebloom and held them back.

Sweetie got out of her chair and backed up. "Danger, go away..." She begged.

"Come on Sweetie, we all know you like me, just let it happen huh?" Danger asked.

Lightning saw this and sat up, watching.

Sweetie got backed up into a corner, trying to get as far as she could away from Danger.

Danger put on a hoof on her cheek, lifting her head up. "Stop resisting." He smirked. All of the sudden someone touched his shoulder, he turned, seeing Lightning turned around seeing him.

Sweetie blushed seeing him this close, with one move, Lightning socked him in the face, than grabbed him and threw him away from Sweetie.

"You two, let them go." Lightning ordered, and they didn't hesitate, they started backing up. "And you...." He looked at Danger on the ground. "Leave.... Her... ALONE!" He shouted, Danger got up and started trotting as fast as he could.

The Cutie Mark Crusaders looked at him with awe, he looked at them, than sighed. "Don't let them do that to you girls, they are nothing but cowards." After he said that, he walked back to his table and began eating.

Scootaloo and Applebloom went over to Sweetie. "Are you okay?" They asked.

"He saved me..." She sighed, than she smiled, staring at him again. "He looks cute when he's angry." Scootaloo looked at Applebloom then they snickered.


After School, Lightning opened the door to his house and sighed. "I'm home!" He called out.

His mother was cooking him lunch. "How was school?" She asked.

"The same... it's always the same..." He sadly said. "I heard there's a place to get working, I'm leaving in an hour." He explained.

"Alright, I found myself something to do as well, and I just finished your food, here." She handed him a plate with a flower sandwich, he smiled softly.

"Thanks mother." He looked at her, then sat down at the table, eating normally.

His mother sat across from him and started eating. "Was there anything different about that school?" She asked.

Lightning shrugged, then looked up. "There was this interesting group though..." He said.

"Were they nice?" She asked.

"Well, they caught the attention to colts that don't take no for an answer." He looked down, eating more.

She smiled, finally hearing her own son talk in a long time. "Well I hope you took care of those colts for them."

He smiled. "I did..." Then he started daydreaming, staring at the ground.

"Well, you should probably should head out, ponies love it when others are early." She smiled, putting the food and dishes away.

Lightning nodded. "Yeah, thanks mom, love you." He smiled, heading for the door.

"Love you too son, have a nice day at work." She smiled, washing the dishes as Lightning closed the door behind him. Heading to the barn for work.

Author's Note:

And there you go! My new story, I found out that I'd rather make shipping stories since I'm better at those then action.... oh well, enjoy the new story.