• Published 26th Apr 2014
  • 1,044 Views, 49 Comments

The Song That Stole His Heart - Thunderstorm823



Lightning started his new day at his new school, at first he keeps to himself insight that he doesn't want to be that weird guy. But instead on the first day of school he meets a pony that crashed into his heart and he never even realized it.

  • ...
1
 49
 1,044

Chapter Two: The Spark

Lightning walked out of his room in the morning and sat down at the table. "Morning Mom." He smiled.

His mother turned. "Morning, I have a favor to ask you." She said, walking over, giving him his plate.

"What is it?" He asked, as he bit down on his breakfast.

"I need you to go grocery shopping today, here's the list." She used her magic to give him a piece of paper with notes on it.

Shopping List

5 Apples

5 Bananas

5 Carrots

1 Full Suit

1 Dress

10 Muffins and Cupcakes

"What's with the formal attire?" Lightning asked.

"Oh, there's this place that's having a party and we need it, it's a formal party." His mother smiled.

"Alright, I'll leave in a few minutes." He smiled


The Cutie Mark Crusaders were drinking some milkshakes at Sugar Cube Corner, smiling and telling jokes.

After some laughter Scootaloo smiled. "So Sweetie, you singing at the party?" She asked.

Sweetie shrugged. "I don't know, I'm not very comfortable singing in front of the crowd."

Applebloom bumped her shoulder. "Why not? We've heard you sing, you're great." She complemented.

Sweetie smiled. "Well... I've got a song in mind... but what of Lightning's going to be there?" She asked.

Scootaloo smiled. "Well, he probably is, it's a Pinkie Pie party, you never know." She rubbed Sweeties back slightly. "What song were you playing on singing?" She asked.

Sweetie told them what she was going to sing and they daw'd. "How sweet that would be." Applebloom said.

Sweetie nodded. "Too far?" She asked.

"Pfft." Scootaloo scuffed, smiling looking away.

Sweetie smiled. "At least the song will be played there, I might as well go outside and sing." She chuckled.

They then went on a talk about something else and laughed, then the door opened and Lightning came inside, he looked around and went up to the counter, his voice inaudible to them.

Sweetie rested her head on her hoof and smiled goof like at him, blushing slightly.

Lightning looked over and smiled, waving to them. They waved back and Sweetie looked down, still looking at him. "Oh...." She groaned.

Applebloom started thinking. "Wait... Didn't he hit Danger?" She asked.

Scootaloo nodded. "Yeah, pretty hard..." She said.

Sweetie then frowned. "Why would he just do that out of the blue? I never thought of that..." She said, then looked down.

Scootaloo laughed. "But he deserved it." She pointed out.

They both nodded their heads, and Sweetie sighed. "I wonder why he's so into me... I didn't even do anything." She said.

Applebloom smiled. "Well, what he's doing is no way to like someone, he's WAY to forceful."

Scootaloo sighed. "I don't know what would happen if we weren't with you..." She said.

Sweetie shook her head. "I don't want to think about it, it didn't happen, I shouldn't worry about it." She said, then looked at Lightning, then smiled.

Lightning then put the muffins and cupcakes into his saddlebag and put it back on, then headed for the door.

"Go ask him out, before he gets away." Scootaloo teased.

Sweetie blushed, then ducked her head. "No..." She whined. "I need to get home anyways...?" She thought, then shook her head. "No, I'm going straight home after this." She sighed.

"Chicken." Scootaloo laughed.

"Look who's talking." Applebloom teased, chuckling.

"I'm not a chicken!" Scootaloo shouted, laughing.


Sweetie sighed, opening the door to the Carousal Boutique. "Rarity, I'm home!" She called out.

"Oh I'll be there in a second Sweetie Belle, I got to gather the attire." Rarity called back.

"What do you need it for?" Sweetie asked.

"For my client, he should be there." Rarity said.

"That would be me." Lightning smiled, waving.

Sweetie gasped. "Oh... You scared me..." She sighed.

Lightning shook his head. "Sorry, I do that a lot." He said, with a smile.

Sweetie sat next to him, then looked at him. "When... you rescued me... you didn't give it a second thought on talking to him, instead you used violence..." She reminded him.

He sighed. "Sorry... I sometimes lose my anger at times... and what he was doing was not cool..." He looked over at her, then smiled.

Sweetie smiled back, looking down. "So, you going to the party?" She asked.

Lightning nodded. "Yeah, my mother met a pony named Pinkie Pie and she said she was throwing a party and said to bring formal attire." He explained.

Sweetie nodded. "Pinkie's crazy..." She smiled, shaking her head.

"She's also really nice..." He smiled.

Spike came downstairs and saw Sweetie, he looked down and away, going about his business. Lightning looked at him, then whispered to Sweetie. "Is that what I think it is?" He asked.

Sweetie looked down. "That's Spike... he's harmless..." She sighed. "Really harmless..." She shed a tear.

Lightning looked at her, he was going to ask what was wrong but... it was none of his business. "Hey... cheer up, things get better." He put a hoof on her back and rubbed around.

Sweetie blushed, her heart beating fast. "L-Lightning...?" She stuttered.

"Yeah?" He looked over at her, his hoof still on her back.

She smiled nervously. "Would you like to...."

"Alright deary, here you go." Rarity came downstairs using her magic to hand Lightning the formal attire and put it on his back.

"Hang on..." Lightning said, turning to Sweetie. "What was that?" He asked.

Sweetie sighed. "It's nothing, go, the party starts soon." She said.

Lightning sighed. "Alright, I should head out, I'll see you later today." He said goodbye and headed out the door, sighing, breathing slightly, he shook his head and kept walking as the door closed behind him.

"Dang it Rarity...." Sweetie groaned.

"What I do?" Rarity asked confused.

"Can I tell you something?" Sweetie asked.

"Of course Sweetie Belle, you can tell me anything." Rarity smiled, sitting next to her.

"What's it like being in love?" Sweetie asked.

Rarity put a hoof to her chin. "Well... it.... hm..." She began to think harder. "Why do you ask anyway?" She asked. Sweetie rubbed the back of her head, and blushed. "Oh..." Rarity smiled. "I see what you mean... listen, love can be a hard thing, it's never going to work if you sit by and not say anything, and if it's bound to happen it'll happen, you'll just have to wait." She smiled.

Sweetie sighed. "You know how much I hate waiting..." She looked down.

"I know Sweetie... I know..." Rarity smiled, rubbing her back. "Want to help me decorate the party? It'll keep your mind off things." She asked.

Sweetie nodded, smiling. "I'd love to."

*The Party*

Lightning sighed, sitting down at a chair, his mother went to go chat with the other adult ponies as he looked around the room. He closed his eyes and began to daydream, mostly about Sweetie, but he didn't know why he had a connection to her.

"Boo!" Pinkie shouted next to him, Lightning jumped out of his chair. Pinkie giggled, falling on the floor laughing. "That was funny!" She said over her laughter.

Lightning rolled his eyes, sitting back down. "Yeah... hilarious." He smiled, sitting back in his chair. His thoughts soon took over him again, as a slow smile came upon his lips. Pinkie noticed this and tilted her head to the side in confusion.

"What are you thinking about?" She asked, slowly smiling.

He smiled brighter. "Somepony special..." He mumbles, as if the word in his head had caused his heart to skip a beat when he looked up, seeing that same special somepony come in. Sweetie Belle.

Sweetie wore one of her green dresses, Rarity spent awhile making it, it had some gems on them, causing it to shine. As Lightning drifted up to her face, he saw the soft makeup on her, red lips, blue eyeshadow, and gems hanging from the earrings she wore.

Sweetie looked across the room, to catch Lightning staring at her. She blushed, wondering if he was just daydreaming or literally staring at her.

As the music blasted through the speakers, Lightning shook his head escaping his trance. One thing led to another, and now he's on the dance floor, slowly dancing to himself.

He slowly looked down, sighing, as a slow beat began to play and the music began to slow down into a dance only for couples, he looked around. Seeing other ponies, dancing closely, nuzzling one another, his heart dropped at the sudden realization. He's alone, he's always been alone, not only that his thoughts were also the ones rejecting his passions and urges.

After a few moments lost in thought, he decides to get some fresh air. As he makes his way off the dance floor, some of the ponies were cuddling, Lightning would constantly hear the words "I love you." come from their mouths as he exits the crowd to the door.

Lightning sat outside, the music playing softly, able to be heard from outside. He leaned against the wall, thinking to himself, maybe he should start putting himself out there, maybe try to ask a few mares to push his luck, but the thought of that quickly made him frown. The only pony he thought of was Sweetie Belle, that name was always so wonderful to say, the only reason of acting the way he did when he was around her. The thoughts in his head turned dark as he began to remember his past, he closed his eyes, slowly remembering what his father had down to ruin his life for the better, only to realize, his father was the reason he hit Danger, his father was the reason for Lightning acting like a complete tool.

He pushes that memory and thoughts out of his head quickly, he sat there, waiting for the slow dance music to finish.

"Quite the party huh?" A familiar voice shot through Lightnings ears as he looked up, finally did he realize that he was crying. Sweetie's eyes widened. "Lighting? A-Are you alright?" She asked, sitting next to him.

Lightning sniffed, quickly rubbing his tears away as he sat up. "I- I'm fine..." He stuttered, then sighed in defeat. He closed his eyes, digging his head into the wall behind him.

"You don't look fine, what's happening?" She asked. "Whatever it is, you can tell me." She whispered, her heart sank seeing him like this, even if she had to hold herself back from doing something she might regret, even though it would be worth it.

Lightning sighed, shaking his head. "You wouldn't understand..." He uttered, his tears beginning to flow more. "It's just something I have dealt with my entire life... nothing you wouldn't care about..." He whispered, slowly as tears made way to his mouth, making his lips taste salty.

Sweetie rubbed his arm gently, putting a hoof to her chin to make him look at her. "Why do you think I wouldn't care?" She asked.

Lightning looked into her eyes, the bright green glow to it made his heart begin to beat faster, only to sink once he finally realized it's time to let it out, to tell something about his past that no one knew about, only him and his mother.

"I'm sorry." He whispered.

"Don't be, tell me what's on your mind." Sweetie's ears flickered, ready to listen to whatever he had to say.

"When I came to Ponyville, I didn't expect to be greeted so greatly, despite the part of you crashing into me.... This is the most fun I've had in all my years..." His smile turned to a frown, thinking back. "I used to be at Fillydelphia, the place was small so... there wasn't that many places to be so I mostly stayed home, being home schooled by my mother, her lessons taught me more than a school could, my father; however, didn't like the idea of me going to school, he couldn't stand the thought of me growing up and moving out so he kept me at home, wanting only to be his little colt again." His eyes began to water once more as he continued to the story. "One night, I had enough of it, there was a place that I always wanted to go, it was for ponies all ages to gather around and tell stories. Have a great time, and it gave me a chance to finally be social."

Sweetie slowly leaned closer, listening to his story, she had an idea of where this was going but kept listening.

"My father got angry when I told him that I was going, he told me to stay home, said I was grounded even though I didn't do anything. I yelled at him, saying I was a big boy, and if I wanted friends I was going to..." Lightning looked down as he suddenly shivered. "H-He...." He mumbled, almost having trouble to say what was to come. "He.... He beat me..."

Sweetie gasped, holding a hoof to her mouth in surprise, something she wasn't ready for.

"And he.... he didn't stop...." Lightning had trouble beginning to speak as the sound of his cries slowly drifted from his dry mouth. "He threatened.... to kill me...." He mumbled, then something clicked. "Why am I even telling you this, I barely know you..." He whispered.

Sweetie's eyes also begin to water, looking at him with desperation to just kiss him, hug him, to tell him everything was going to be okay, the sudden realization of why he hit Danger came to her, because the same way Danger acted, resembles his fathers, being uptight, always to get his way even to use force. "You do, please..." Sweetie whispered to him. "You can tell me more if you like..."

Lightning nodded. "He turned into something that wasn't my father, the pony that had to get him off of me... was my mother. She got angry at him, but I don't remember some of it, since... I blacked out."

Sweetie's hoof brushed up against his, Lightning looked at it, wanting to just cuddle with her till the problems went away. But he thought she wouldn't appreciate it, he looked up, as he began to make eye contact.

Sweetie whimpered slightly, noticing their muzzles so close to each other, and with only one swift motion, they would end up touching lips. "I'm sorry.... I'm sorry you had to go through that." Sweetie whispered. "Something like that can be.... traumatic..." Her words slowly faded, as she realizes their faces was as even close as before, they both could feel each others warm breathing as the tension became more intense with each second they sat there. Sweetie looked into Lightning's eyes, as his tears slowly began to drift away, she could till by the look in his eyes that he wanted to move so bad to kiss her, her bottom lip slowly rubbed up against his, as their lips were touching but not fully kissing.

Lightning's problems seemed to have been forgotten, all the worries of being alone, even the memories of his own father began to drift away at this one moment that would soon be eternal bliss, he took the chance, pushing his lips into her's as he began to kiss her.

Sweetie's heart and eyes began to flutter, her heart beating fast, her eyes closing fully, as she began to kiss back, putting a hoof to his chest. At this moment, Lightning knew the first love he would ever have would be the most caring pony he had ever had the chance of meeting.

The kiss turned passionate, their lips opened as they both let their tongues touch, they slowly eased into it, the kiss became more lovingly as their hooves rubbed up against their bodies, the slight poking of ones horns into the mane of a Pegasus that's wings slowly began to spread in pleasure. The kiss lasted through a few songs that was still playing, the rest of the Cutie Mark Crusaders were looking for their other member, confused on where she might be. But only to be found minutes later, when they both come back in, with Lightning's wing over the back of Sweetie Belle who nuzzled against his neck as she leaned on him.

Applebloom and Scootaloo noticed them and they began to blush, in confusion they walked over, only to ask one question that raced through both their minds. "What happened?" They asked.

Sweetie smiled. "Something magical..." Her eyes closed as she softly giggled, nuzzling against Lightning's neck as he stroked her hair, the night was the best that he ever had. A permanent smile on his face, as everyone began to realize what was happening.

Rarity looked over, seeing them close together, she smiled, looks like somepony took her advice. She turned back to her friends.

Lightning's mother, turned and noticed her own son, nuzzling against a beautiful mare, which made her smile. 'My little colt is growing up, I'm so proud...' She thought, she turned back to the group she was talking to and began talking with the same smile.

In the corner of the room, sat Danger, staring at the couple that danced to a love song, the anger built inside him, Lightning took the only thing Danger wanted, and he was going to do whatever he needed to do, to get her, he smirked as his mind came up with a plan.

Lightning and Sweetie slow danced, their eyes locked in one another. The beat of the song coursing through their ears as the danced along to it, after a few minutes they kiss once more, their hooves wrapped around their neck as the stopped dancing, their lips locked together, their tongues having a slow dance of their own as Luna's light shined brightly at midnight.

They ended the night with a kiss, as they both began to walk away from each other.

"See you at school." Sweetie smiled at him.

Lightning smiled back at her, he returned the goodbye and they both parted, as Lightning made his way home, he took off his suit that had sweat all over it, his muscles began to feel more relaxed as he laid down on his bed, his eyes firmly closed, and only Sweetie Belle was the image he would see in his dreams. This was the start, of something beautiful.

Author's Note:

Thank you guys so much for reading, if you got half way through it and saw so much descriptive content, I got a little inspiration from a few readings. :)

-Enjoy