• Published 26th Apr 2014
  • 10,604 Views, 42 Comments

It Wasn't Me! - jkreader



Joshua gets blamed for something he didn't do and runs away.

  • ...
8
 42
 10,604

Chapter 4 - Nightmares All Around

Click the green text for background music.

Chapter 4 - Nightmares All Around

*Nyx's P.O.V.*

I felt guilty for letting my brother get in trouble. It didn't help one bit as I fell asleep that night. I found myself in the library, but it seemed darker than normal. I saw Joshua standing there with his back turned to me. I walked up to him and put a hoof on his shoulder.

"Joshua?" I said to him. He suddenly used his hand to push my hoof off his shoulder. I was confused.

"How could you?" he asked me coldly.

"L-Little brother?" I said worried.

"How could you?!" he asked sharply turning around. What I saw in front of me chilled me to the bone. Joshua was standing there looking at me with an angry expression, and his eyes were pitch black! His voice also sounded like that of a demon from Tartarus. "I got in trouble because you didn't clean up a mess you made! Now Mommy thinks I did it!"

"B-But little brother," I said worried, "I didn't mean for you to get in trouble!"

"Well you did!" he said, "Some big sister you are!"

Those words drove an arrow through my heart. I collapsed on the ground and started crying. Just then, I felt myself being lifted off the ground by magic. I saw Joshua was lifting me with his magic, but his aura was black instead of white. He then opened the door and walked over to it. I saw that outside was a black vortex.

"Joshua! Don't do it!" I pleaded.

"Farewell, Nightmare Moon," he said releasing his hold on me.

"NOOOOO!!!!" I yelled shooting up awake.

*Twilight's P.O.V.*

I was standing in a dark room shackled in chains.

"W-Where am I?" I wondered.

"Why didn't you listen to me?" came a dark sounding voice. I looked behind me and saw Joshua standing there, but his eye were pitch black, and he had an angry frown on his face. "I said I didn't do it! What mother doesn't believe her own son?!"

"Joshua, please listen to me!" I pleaded, but he interrupted.

"Why should I?!" he yelled at me, "You didn't listen to me! So why should I listen to you?!"

"Please!" I pleaded again, but he turned his back and folded his arms in front of me.

"Forget it!" he said.

I felt tears stinging my eyes. I was heart broken. I lowered my head in guilt and started crying. I knew this wasn't the real Joshua, but this sure felt real. Just then, there was a flash of magic in front of me. I looked up through watery eyes and saw a lever in front of Joshua. He had his hands on it.

"Good bye, Twilight," he spat out with a venom filled voice. He pulled the lever and a trap door opened below me.

"Joshua! NOOOOO!!!" I yelled. I opened my eyes sharply. I looked over and saw that Nyx had woken up too and was crying in her bed. "Nyx?"

She turned to look at me, hopped off her bed, and clambered onto mine. She then wrapped her hooves around me and sobbed into my chest. Looks like she had a nightmare too.

"Bad dream?" I asked her. I felt her nodding. I brought my hooves around her and rubbed her back. "I did too."

"Was it about Joshua?" she asked looking up at me. I nodded. "Mine was too," she said sadly.

"Do you...wanna talk about it?" I asked. I heard Nyx sigh, and then she looked back up at me.

"Joshua got mad at me because I didn't pick up that mess I made by accident," she explained, "And then...he *sniff* ...well, to me it felt like he disowned me as a big sister." She started crying again when she finished.

"Mine was just as terrible," I explained, "Joshua didn't give me a chance to explain my actions in accusing him, just like I didn't give him a chance."

"That is awful," Nyx said nuzzling my chest.

"In all honesty, I don't think I deserve to explain myself," I said sadly.

"I think you do," Nyx said.

"I appreciate that, Nyx," I said hugging her. We stayed hugging each other like that for a few minutes until I heard Nyx snoring soundly. I kept my hooves around her, laid back down, and pulled the covers over us. Sometimes the best way to keep nightmares away is to sleep with someone close to you.

*Joshua's P.O.V.*

I was running. Something was trying to hit me with magic, but I kept moving out of the way before it hit me. I looked behind and saw it was Mommy, but her ears were more pointy and she had bat wings instead of her normal feathery wings. Her magic was charged and black, and her eyes were black too.

"I've given you every chance to tell the truth, and you refused to do so!" she yelled down at me, "But running away crosses the line!"

"Please Mommy!" I begged, "I didn't do it!"

"Silence!" she yelled even louder, "Now accept your fate!"

She fired her magic again. I moved to the side to avoid it and kept running. Each magic blast came closer and closer to hitting me. Just then, one knocked me off my feet and onto my belly.

"OW!" I said.

I stood back up to run away again, but I couldn't move. My feet were stuck to the ground! I saw a dark magic aura around them. I looked up and saw that Mommy was the one holding them down.

"Farewell!" I heard Mommy say.

She fired her magic again. I held up my arms to try and block it. The magic came closer and closer. Then it hit me!

"NOOOO!!!" I yelled waking up and sitting up. I panted heavily and looked around the room I was staying in at the Crystal Castle. That was one of the worst bad dreams I've had. I started crying. A few minutes later, I heard the door open, looked up, and saw Aunt Cadance standing there.

"Joshua?" she asked, "What's wrong?"

"I-*hic*-I had a bad dream!" I sobbed.

I felt myself being picked up with magic. I saw that Aunt Cadance had sat down and was carrying me over to her with her magic. She wrapped her forelegs around me and rubbed my back while I cried into her shoulder.

"There, there, sweetie," she said, "Shhhhh. It was just a bad dream."

I cried for a little bit more, then Aunt Cadance lifted my chin up with a hoof.

"Do you want to talk about it?" she asked.

"Mommy tried to hurt me for *sniff* running away," I said. Aunt Cadance kept on rubbing my back for a little bit.

"You know she would never hurt you on purpose, right?" she asked looking at me.

"I *sniff* know," I sniffled, "But she hurt my feelings when she didn't listen to me."

"I don't think she meant to hurt your feelings, Joshua," she said, "Once you both explain things to each other, I'm sure she'll understand."

"Okay," I said. I then looked back up at her and asked, "Can-*sniff*-can I sleep with you please?" She looked down at me and smiled.

"Of course you can," she said. She put me onto her back and brought me to her and Uncle Shining's room. She then laid me down between her and Uncle Shining and lifted the covers over us. She then gave me a goodnight kiss on my forehead. "Good night, Joshua," she said.

"Good night, Aunt Cadance," I said falling asleep.

Music Selection:

Thrill Theme ~ Suspense - Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney
Desolate - LEGO Universe
Sadness and Sorrow - Naruto
Shaded Truths - Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep
Reminiscence ~ KG-8 Case - Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth