• Published 23rd Apr 2014
  • 3,885 Views, 100 Comments

Legion - DarthMalentai



Roman legionnairy Centurion in Equestria. Based off of all LoHaV stories. Based of Ryse: Son of Rome.

  • ...
26
 100
 3,885

Chapter 2

‘FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK’ was the mantra that went through my head as I ran through the halls. Looking back towards the being who chased me, only to be met with Mr. Happy to the chest. Now the feeling of getting a large hammer smashing into your chest might be beyond painful but with how my armor is, it only redirected the blow to launch me and causing little bodily harm.

“So Legion, you seem to be a bit rusty,” Celestia taunted, moving towards me. “I would hate to do this but with Discord back in stone, you need to return to your previous state.”

“Aww… and here I thought you loved me enough to keep me from being stoned,” I jested back, still feeling the tugging sensation. “Here is a deal, you let me get my shield and I will leave the country. Deal?”

“Even if that sounds grand, I will have to decline the offer. Now please stand st-” Celestia started.

“Heh, and I only came out to get my shield and a snack before going off. Isn’t it policy to not hurt house guests?” I questioned. Truth be told, I was STARVING. I hadn’t eaten for at least two days before being turned to stone.

“Well it is policy in homes but as this is a palace and you were already on the grounds I think that counts as you were already living here,” Celestia stated, her horn starting to glow. Pointing a finger at me, her eyes glinting with mirth, and a smile slowly drawing across her face. I quirked an eyebrow at this, and was surprised to find myself being picked up, and flung at another wall. Then another, before I was thrown to the ground and Celestia came to stand over me, hammer dragging behind her, and kneeled next to my body.

“As it was nice seeing you again, you are not wanted, nor are you needed. My Guard have impr-” I burst into laughter at that. “W-What’s funny?”

“The guard have improved?” I questioned. “Didn’t you take into consideration that I got to that room by just walking? Those guard of yours are still at the same level that they had been when I, and mine, marched through towns while being hunted by you and yours. The only difference is that the guards here lack the necessary efficiency to defend from a single man.” I looked towards Celestia, backing away so I could get up some.

“What do you mean?” Celestia asked, slightly worried.

“I mean that I waltzed through a few dozen guards like I would walk through the fields of wheat. They were nothing, are nothing, and will be nothing. You have been laid back all these years? I remember when they actually gave me a challenge. You? You just have a giant fucking hammer,” I sighed. “And using said giant hammer doesn’t count towards prowess but more just being blunt.” We stared at each other. I slowly got up and started walking back towards the tugging sensation, all the while keeping my eyes on her. Once around the corner I just ran like hell. One thing I learned is that you do not call Celestia dumb or fat in any respect or you get beat to hell. (Rip. Half my freaking legion due to her)

LEGION! ” I smirked, and ran even faster. A minute later found me back at the doors that had held Celestia and Mr. Happy. I ran through the doors, and was greeted with various artifacts. The tugging sensation dragged me towards the right, and was greeted with my shield. The sexy beast had saved my life countless times, and was the one who brought comfort to me. As I touched the shield, a voice drifted back into my head.

About time, Jamey-waymey. Here I was wondering if you were ever going to rescue me. I could hear the dramatic pretend faint, and that brought a smile to my face.

+_+_+Equestria, 1672 years ago+_+_+

I had awoken, a week after I had appeared for the first time in this strange land. I had yet to meet anyone, though I hear whispers and get that feeling that I am being watched. I had just found a large amount of fruit bearing trees, and was picking some to try and eat. The taste was basically that of having your favorite food after a few years of eating crap. It was so heavenly that I hadn’t heard the crunch of leaves and twigs, the slight clanging of armor, and hushed whispers.

“Halt intruder!” I someone behind me, thanking the gods that there were people, and turned around.

“What?” I asked, rhetorically, for I had no idea who stood before me. Well I mean the armor that they had on made it obvious that they were guards but still. One of the guards were taller, and had more muscle, while the other was shorter and looked like he wanted to bolt right there and then. They both wielded spears and oblong shields, and they looked as if to be brand new.

“Do thy I have to repeateth thine’s words?” The taller of the two guards asked.

“I wish no trouble with you, I am only here to fill my stomach, and-”I started up.

“Unhand thy fruit from the Royal Orchards, or else,” The senior of the group commanded, and stalked closer towards me. This caused me to reach towards my sword.
A short summary of what happened next: I fucked up big time. When my hand touched the sword…things happened. The senior guard rushed me, and that was when I saw his features, he looked more equine than human. What I had taken for some colorful robe like attachment to the back had apparently been a tail of some form.
After besting the senior, his blood upon my sword, the junior had run off. I had stood there for a small time, before I started to run. I ran for who knows how long, horns blaring once in a while off in the distance, but when I stopped it was dark. Then the freaky shit went down.

We demand to be used more often. A voice in my head said, sounding somewhat like a lunatic.

Listen not to the tool in your hand, he wishes for blood to be spilled and no more. Another voice spoke up, feminine in nature. Follow what you believe and trust in your skill.

“Who are you!” I began looking around myself, my sword in hand.

CALM YOURSELF! We are what you have upon you. The more feminie voice spoke up. I looked at my chest plate, which I found was metal (Thank a falling branch while I slept for I was not woken up).

Not your body, legionnaire. Look to your sword and shield. A calming male voice came through, soothing my paranoia. By the way, you might want to run.

“Wh-” I was about to question before I hear a thump from above, and turned to see. What I saw was either the most beautiful thing ever, or possibly my worst
nightmare. A large female…person was standing on a cloud, and in her hands held probably the largest bow I had ever seen.

“Who are you?” The big lady spoke. “And were you the one who killed one of my guards?” The sense of power from this person was overwhelming enough that I just didn’t think. I turned about face, and ran full tilt. I did hear a shout but was to focused on getting away from what my primal instincts had labeled as a predator of unmatched class.

+_+_+Equestria, Present day+_+_+

I held the shield to my chest, then put her back onto my arm. The familiar weight brought me some happiness. At that moment a somewhat pissed off Celestia got to the door, smashed the whole thing to pieces, and entered. I decided to hide.

Susurrat. Tenebrae.”{Whispers. Shadows.} I whispered out, my body fainting into almost nothingness. I then proceeded to walk towards a very enraged Celestia, who was slowly surveying the area. When I got up right to her I probably did the most stupid thing ever. “Love you, too Cells.” And immediately rolled for the door, for the hammer swung out in my general direction.

COME OUT YOU COWARD!” She shouted with such rage, that it actually fuelled me to run even faster away from her. My chest starting to clench a little in pain, and my legs already feeling unstable. As I ran back to the gardens, I passed various guards going towards the disturbance. Pulling what magic I had, I formed a portal in front of me. I rather dislike using this for the horrors that lay within, but I have to make it out of here before I can truly be free.

Ad i et vade in domum tuam.”I spoke out.

+_ Celestia _+

I heard his voice, and swung.

COME OUT YOU COWARD!” I shouted, anger coursing through me. “ Come out and love me, you crazy man. ” A few tears escaped from their holdings, and falling down my cheeks.

+_ Legion, night of the same day _+

Walking through the woods, I searched for my old home. A cave that housed what had been rumored at one point to be the Home of the lost legion. I laughed when I heard that there were expeditions to find that place. I walked in what I thought was the general direction of where I knew my home to be, when a faint voice echoed through the air. Too faint to hear, but felt like it was everywhere. This was then followed by a hollow sounding voice and that of another normal sounding voice. THIS was proceeded by just a large blob of noise, whispers raised in volume, all sounding the same.

Xan-.., Al-.., Dul-.., wish…ummons.

Too many to voices, then silence. Then another voice picked up. This one sounded much closer than the rest.

“I am the warrior, the master o….apons, the seeker of battle and adventure. To …. require my strength to defeat thy f…, to crush opposi…rces, put on these Gen… …ves and call out my name with the intent to summon me. If ye be ….rue malice in thy ……… the mighty Gilgamesh will come …. aid!”

“Huh… Others who will aid those in need? Interesting concept. I may have to add to this crazy bunch,” I smirked. Pulling out a coin I had somehow kept all these years, I forced some of my essence into it. When I thought I had put enough into it, the coin glowed a soft gold, and the form of a helmet formed itself upon the coin. I flipped the coin to the other side, curious as to what I had just done. There upon the other side, the raised surface, formed into that of a shield… my shield. Giggling like a mad man, I flipped it a few times, then willed my voice into the…whatever that was out there.

“For those that would wish to summon the might of the Roman gods, Call unto me. For those who wish for theirs and others to be defended to death, Call unto me. For a nice reprieve from battle, and want one to stand in your stead, Call unto me. To Summon me Speak “Pax Romana” while holding the coin, I shall stand where others have fallen. I will be the Shield against those foul. I am Legion, I am Rome.” I bellowed and tossed the coin into the air, and it vanished. A cold shiver ran down my spine. I looked to where it had been, and a small tug of sadness went through me since I lost my souvenir coin from Rome.

‘Nice speech. Next time don’t so-’ [ /i] Vella started.

“Hush. I just want to throw my contribution in. I doubt anyone is ACTUALLY going to call upon me,” I scoffed. Knowing my luck, it would be completely disregarded, and I could just relax. I then turned, and started wandering off. Hope was all that kept me going. Well… That and not wanting to be eaten by some passing beast.

‘I still think we should have been peaceful with Celestia. I mean she IS nice and all. I do-’ Nero said, and I could feel the helmet look at me with annoyance.

“I already told you, Celestia acts weird around me. I don’t like it, and if I knew what was wrong I could probably help. As is right now, I would rather her calm down before my brain meets Mr. Happy or Mr. Cuddles,” I shuddered at the memory of Luna’s weapon of choice, THE largest battle axe I had seen in my life. The axe was so heavy that even the densest material was smashed to pieces with one fell swoop. “Don’t even know why Luna is so up in arms about me going away anyway. I didn’t do anything that bad.”

‘YOU STOLE HER SWEETROLLS!’ Vella shouted at me.

“And if I hadn’t then she would have gotten larger than would be normally healthy. Besides, I was having addiction issues,” I justified. Those sweetrolls were to DIE for, I mean they were so freakishly good that I swear being petrified actually helped kill the addiction.

+_ Later _+

I walked through a cave entrance, and sighed when the sounds of music came to my ears. As I walked deeper in I started seeing phantoms float about.

“Ahhh… Home sweet fucking dark cave,” I sighed, and with that I went to find my little nook in this place.