• Published 2nd Apr 2012
  • 3,119 Views, 135 Comments

Misty Mountains - Asuya



Self insert originally for PonyFall collab. No longer in collab though. Me and Misty the Wonderbolt.

  • ...
17
 135
 3,119

Chapter 3: Is it just me or am I crazy? Oh wait, I am Crazy.

Chapter 3a: Sunday

So you know how people complain about how their mattress is like really uncomfortable or something else like that? Well I don't want to hear it anymore. I woke up up in the air at LEAST 100ft above the ground intertwined with tree branches and to top it off, I was cranky. All that aside, I decided to stretch since that has a tendency to help me wake up/get comfortable in the morning. Big mistake. As I stretched, the branches under me that were keeping me aloft and not dead decided to shift, which caused me to slip through a bit. I didn't exactly fall through the branches, but maaaaan am I awake now. Nothing like a good dose of "OH SHIT I'M GOING TO DIE" to get you up in the morning. Anyway, I decided now was a perfect time for me to get down from my precarious perch and get back down to relative safety. So I did, but with some difficulty. What, it's early Sunday morning. Even with the rush of adrenaline bringing my mind wide awake, my body's still somewhat asleep. Thankfully I was lucky enough to have sure footing all the way down the tree, thus allowing me to continue my meager existence for the time being. In short, I made it down the tree without slipping and falling to my death. Now at the base of the tree, I figured now would be a good time to stretch since I have less of a chance to die and all. After a good stretch I decided to check my iPod, which luckily stayed in my pocket all night. Unluckily, it's completely drained and I now have no idea what time it is. Whatever, I'll just check when I get home. Home... Hehehe... On second thought, maybe going home might not be a good idea. But then again, I do need charge for my iPod... Gah! Tough decisions, Y U NO LEAVE ME ALONE? Ugh, what should I do? Face the likely storm of hate and anger residing in my house just to charge my iPod or ignore said residence at the cost of no music for however long it is until I charge my iPod. Eh, music's important, so it looks like I'm going back home. If I don't make it out alive, please cremate my left arm and donate the rest of my body to science. Weird right? Whatever, not really worth explaining. Anyway, so I made my way home and prepared myself for the onslaught that awaited me. Once again Karma, or whatever force that may be looking over the human race, decided to spare my sorry butt and both Misty and Sarah were asleep when I got home. Taking this opportunity, i quietly rushed over to the computer and plugged in my iPod so it can charge. Wait, it's going to take some time for it to charge, so that means I'll be here when those two wake up... FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF. Me and my luck. Luck which was getting worse as the day progressed, since Misty came downstairs a few minutes after I started charging my iPod. I braced myself for the ensuing Wonderbolt rage.

"Michael? Is that really you? Or am I just dreaming?" Misty groggily asked as she rubbed the sleep out of her eyes.

"Yeah, it's me Misty..." I hesitantly responded. She would've come to her senses soon enough anyway.

"Oh thank Celestia you're OK!" Misty exclaimed as she gave me the most impressive bear hug I've ever been given.

"I.. ack... Is everything... ack... OK Misty?" I sputtered as she choked me with her hug of death.

"I was so worried about you Michel. Are you OK, you didn't hurt yourself did you?" Misty asked, her hug still as strong as ever.

"Ack! Can't... breath..." I choked out, which thankfully got her to loosen her grip on me.

"Hehe... sorry. But seriously, are you OK?" Misty asked, her voice full of concern.

"Other than the fact that I might have like half the lung capacity I had yesterday, I'm fine," I jokingly answered, still expecting there to be some hidden anger in the former Wonderbolt.

"Oh thank Celestia..." Misty sighed in relief as she rested her head against my torso.

"Anyway... how about some breakfast?" I attempted to both redirect the conversation and get her let go of me.

"Sure, but can I help make it today?" Misty responded, not releasing me from her hug. Well then, this could get annoying.

"Has Sarah been showing you how to cook?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Nope," Misty replied.

"Well then I don't see why not," I said.

"Really? Thanks Michael," Misty responded, her hug tightening a bit.

"No problem, but you might want to kill the hug so we can actually cook," I stated.

"Hehe, OK Michael, whatever you say," Misty complied as she stopped hugging me.

"OK, so is there anything in particular that you'd like to learn how to cook?" I asked simply as I walked over to the pantry/cabinets. We keep out food stored in multiple cabinets along a section of kitchen wall, so I will say either pantry or just cabinets when referring to them.

"Personally, I wouldn't mind making some pancakes," Misty said as she walked over to the stove.

"Well OK then, pancakes it is," I said as I grabbed the pancake mix from the cabinets.

There was some conversation throughout the time spent cooking, but it was mainly just her asking me about what to do and me giving her some pointers and tips and such. We only made a batch of eight or so, enough for Misty and Sarah, and I decided to just grab something simple for myself. So I had two Pop-tarts for breakfast while Misty had pancakes that she made, both of us exchanging some conversation, but not much. I was personally trying to avoid conversation as much as possible since I didn't want to provoke anything that may have stemmed from what happened yesterday. Then it hit me: today is Sunday. I groaned very audibly as the realization came, slamming, but not too severely, my head on the table as well.

"What, is something wrong Michael?" Misty asked after she swallowed a mouthful of her breakfast. Well, at least she has table manners.

"Ugh, I just realized it's Sunday," I responded deadly.

"OK, how's that a bad thing?" Misty replied

"Because I have school tomorrow. Sarah does too," I briefly explained, my head still on the table.

"Oh, then I'll just come to school with you," Misty offered before putting another forkful of pancake in her mouth.

"It doesn't wo... Wait a minute, I'm stupid," I thought out loud

"Where did that come from Michael?" Misty asked after she finished her bite of pancake

"Hm? Oh I was just remembering that you coming to school with me will actually be easier than I thought," I explained as I raised my head from the table.

"Oh, OK," Misty tersely responded and went back to eating her pancake. She really seems to enjoy those, just wait until I show her maple syrup.

So the rest of Sunday went much better than expected, Misty never really killed me like I expected her too and the day itself was rather uneventful. Granted that wasn't the case when Sarah woke up, since she proceeded to yell at me profusely about yesterday. Not being one to take the verbal abuse sitting, I fired back with some stuff that she did to me before Misty ever came here, which shut her up instantly. I couldn't tell if she was pissed, or shocked, or what, but she left the house after that claiming that she had another tutoring session. Knowing her, I assumed that she did in fact have a tutoring session and just let it slide before proceeding on with the day ahead. Misty wanted to just hang out and talk some more, to which I obliged. Luckily for me, there was no kissing this time, but the topic of me came up at least twice. She didn't really learn much about me though, since I can evade questions like a politician. Other than that nothing really happened Sunday.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 3b: Monday

Monday, the most evil day in the week. Well to me at least. But hopefully that wouldn't be too much of a problem since I had chorus today. So I woke up as per my routine and went over to the kitchen to grab a pop-tart or two for breakfast, not really in the mood to cook anything. Sarah came down stairs a few moments after I sat down at the table and she grabbed a bowl for herself. We had this morning routine down to a T, with little to no verbal communication since none was needed. We both ate our breakfast in silence and left our dishes in the sink for me to clean when I got back. After brushing my teeth and actually putting on a shirt, I suddenly realized something. Misty's going to be coming to school with me. I groaned and asked Sarah to help get her up and dressed and everything, to which she understood and complied. I'd help, but I'm a guy, and a guy helping a girl get dressed and ready to go would just be too weird. Sorry, but I'm not the perv that the majority of guys at my school are. Anyway, when she came downstairs casually dressed, I informed her that we didn't have time to cook pancakes if we wanted to be at school on time, and she nodded as she grabbed a pop-tart. I was a few minutes behind my normal schedule, but the way I did things in the morning, I made sure that I had ample time to spare just in case there was some situation in which I would loss time, like this one. I patiently waited by the door to the garage as Misty made her way downstairs with a big smile on her face.

"You ready Misty?" I asked casually as she came up to me.

"You bet!" She eagerly responded. How is she this awake at 7am Monday morning!? Man I am SO jelly right now.

"Awesome, let's get rollin' then," I said as I opened the door for her.

"Let's," Misty tersely commented as she walked through the door and waited as I walked into the garage as well.

"Ok, don't freak out. We're going to be riding in this thing here," I said as I gestured towards the dark oak green Volvo in the garage bay.

"What is it?" Misty curiously asked as she approached the old car. And by old, I mean OLD.

"It's a car. It's like the chariots that Celestia uses, but it moves on its own and doesn't fly," I said as I opened the passenger seat door for her.

"Oh, Ok. Is it fast?" Misty asked as she got in. Heh, at a moment like this I have the perfect thing to say, but nobody would get it, so I'll just let it be.

"Some cars can, some not so much. This one? Not really. But I'm not really complaining," I answered as I got into the driver seat and buckled up.

"Oh, Ok," Misty responded as I buckled her seat belt for her. As awkward as it may have been, it's a rule should I ever be driving anyone anywhere: seat belt must be on. And since Misty's not exactly well versed in Earth... Well anything, I decided to just do it for her and help teach her later instead of teaching her now and be late.

"Hold on OK? And please don't freak out," I said as I started the engine to the 10 year old Volvo and opened the garage door. Surprisingly, Misty was perfectly calm.

The drive to school was relatively calm since people actually decided not to be huge idiots on the road. The entire time, Misty was messing around with my iPod and selecting different songs to listen to. I showed her how at a red light since I didn't want to risk my 32gb iPod Touch being broken and everything. That thing is more important to me than my phone, like you don't even know. I have my iPod with me practically at all times and I almost always have charge in it so I can listen to my music. It's like my bread and freakin butter. Anyway, we got to school earlier than most every other student, but still late to me, which is good since It gave me time to introduce Misty to my teachers. All of the were cool with having Misty come to class with me and everything, so she and I just waited for the bell. Rather than explain what happened all day, I'm just going to skip to lunch, where things actually happen.

WARNING! There WILL be cussing from here on out. While the setting is my house, the cussing will be limited since that's jut how I am, but there will be a noticeable difference when the setting is School. Just figured you all should know.

So it's around noon and the bell for lunch rang. Thank god too, because there's only so much I can handle on and empty stomach. So Misty and I went to the courtyard since we both thought it was a nice day out and wanted to enjoy it when we could. Unluckily for me, the courtyard was inhabited by some people with whom I've had problems before. Either way, Misty wanted to eat outside and I decided to try and ignore the other people for her sake. Unluckily for me, the other people thought it'd be funny to mess with me for eating in "their" courtyard.

"Hey guys, look at what we have here," a very masculine and pompous voice called out from behind us.

"Is it just me, or did little Michael Stephens think he could just eat in our courtyard without our permission?" another male voice snidely responded accompanied with the sound of something like two chairs sliding across the ground.

"I do believe he did. So what should we do with him?" the first voice asked as it neared us.

"How about we teach him a lesson, I mean we all know how much he likes learning," the second voice came.

"Hey Michael, should I be worried?" Misty quietly asked me.

"No, I can handle this, just move away a bit," I seriously whispered back.

"Hey, did you hear us you idiot? We said get out of our courtyard or else," the first voice said after noticing I didn't respond to their earlier prodding.

"I heard you loud and clear Klark, but why should I leave? This is courtyard is open to anyone and everyone at the school," I rebelliously responded as Misty put some distance in between herself and the unfolding scene, myself not moving at all.

"Are you trying to start something you idiot? Klark here can beat the living shit out of you!" The second voice from earlier said.

"Riiiiight," I sarcastically responded, still not moving from my spot.

"Watch your mouth you-" the second voice started, but was cut of by a hand.

"Mack, cool it, I got this." Klark assured.

"Really? Are you sure you got this Klark? Cause from what I can hear, you aren't doing anything," I responded as I took a bite of my apple.

"Hey, stand up and maybe we'll see how well I have this handled you little bastard," Klark barked, to which I shrugged and continued eating.

"What're you going to do now Klark?" Mack asked

"Well, since this little smart mouth thinks it's OK for him to just shrug off me, I'm just going to do... THIS!" Klark proclaimed as he sent his right leg speeding into my ribs. Since Klark is the kicker for the football team, that hurt. I winced, but kept my ground and didn't really show much of a reaction.

"Come on you stupid piece of shit, fight back!" Klark taunted as he repeatedly kicked me. As much as I wanted to, I couldn't just keep taking the hits and I fell over on my side. To which Klark just laughed.

"Hey, if he won't fight back, maybe we should see if his new friend will fight for him! He's always running to others for help," Mack taunted as he made his way closer to Misty, who was starting to freak a bit.

"Sounds like a plan Mack, let's do it," Klark proclaimed as he stopped kicking me and walked over to Misty as well.

"You leave her alone. This has nothing to do with her," I stated as I stood up and faced the two idiots.

"Oh? She's here wit you isn't she? That mean's she has plenty to do with it," Klark said as he neared Misty.

"I said leave her alone!" I yelled as I ran pulled both Mack and Klark away from her.

"Oh, so now the little pansy has some guts. But you should never have touched us," Klark threatened.

"Bring it you southern hick," I taunted as I put myself in between the two football players and Misty.

"Well then, you asked for it you little bastard," Klark said as both he and Mack charged me.

"What's the problem, cant get me?" I taunted as I dodged swing after wing from both of them.

"Shut up! When I get my hands on you, you're dead!" Klark irritatedly yelled.

"I think you mean 'if' Klark," I snidely commented as I delivered a swift kick to the back of Mack's legs, effectively toppling the moron. But my fun was shattered soon after as Klark grabbed my by the arms from behind.

"No, I meant when you cocky little bastard," Klark angrily said as he shoved me against the wall face first.

"Michael!" Misty called out

"Misty, just leave!" I yelled to the best of my ability.

"Oh, she isn't going anywhere. Not after what you did to Mack," Klark barked.

"Leave her be, it's me you're pissed at anyway," I demanded.

"Oh I will today, but she's my next target," Klark arrogantly stated right into my ear.

"Besides, why should we pass up this opportunity?" Mack said as he limped over to me.

"Yeah, Mack's right. We finally have you pinned to a wall. Why would we give up the opportunity to beat the shit out of you just to go after some random chick?" Klark agreed.

"Then do your worst you little pansies," I retorted.

"Who the fuck are you calling pansies you little fucker?" Mack angrily spat as he pulled out a knife and held it up to my face as if to threaten me.

"The guys who bring a knife with them to fight the weakling you have pinned to the wall," I remarked, doing my best to stand up for myself for once.

"Yeah, well this is how we're taught to fight in Atlanta you little smartass," Klark mouthed off as he turned me around to face them. Big mistake.

"Yeah, will this is how we fight up here asshole," I retorted as I kneed Klark in the gut, effectively incapacitating him. Damn, I was aiming for the groan too.

"Is that supposed to scare us?" Mack arrogantly asked as he lunged at me with his knife, slashing my ribs a bit as I attempted to dodge out of the way. It wasn't really deep, but it definitely wasn't pleasant. And it wasn't just a 'Oh that kind of hurts' cut, it hurt like hell and was bleeding a good bit. Serious enough wound to warrant immediate treatment, but not serious enough to leave too much damage.

"No, just shut you up. By the way, your form is absolutely terrible," I remarked as I landed a roundhouse kick directly on his temple. Mack collapsed instantly.

"Michael! Oh Celestia are you OK?" Misty asked as she ran over to me, hugging me as soon as she could.

"Yeah, I'll be fine. These douches have done worse to me before," I said as I put one hand over the cut in my ribs and hugged Misty with my free arm.

"You really gotta stop being so stupid Cym (pronounced 'Sim')," a female voice said from the door to the courtyard.

"Hey, they started it," I responded to the female voice.

"Ohohoh... what do we have here man?" The female voice said as she came closer to Misty and I.

"Hm? Oh, this is Misty," I said, assuming she was asking about the girl who was hugging me with tears lightly falling from her face. Wait, tears? Where did those come from?

"That's an awesome name, I wish mine were that cool," the female voice responded.

"T-thanks..." Misty responded, hugging to me more tightly. Probably just nervous.

"Misty, this is Amanda McKay, a.k.a Wreath. Don't ask why, the explanation is even more confusing than it should. Wreath and I have been friends for, what ten years now?" I explained, looking at Wreath for confirmation.

"Nope, it's been 11 Cym. Gotta remember that it's 2012 dude," Wreath responded.

"Right right. But anyway, She and I are good friends," I continued.

"Ok then, if he trusts you then I should at least give you a chance," Misty smiled as she stuck her hand out for a handshake.

"Awesome, thanks girl. By the way, are you two, like, dating or something?" Wreath answered as she accepted Misty's handshake.

"Hah! Man you are so red right now Cym!" Wreath teased after she saw both of us blush up a storm after her question. A question to which neither of us responded.

"Hahaha, real funny Wreath," I commented sarcastically.

"Dude, you just need to relax. Take it easy, and stop doing that to people!" Wreath said as she motioned to the unconscious football players in the courtyard.

"Heh, yeah..." I agreed, rubbing the back of my head and smiling in a silly manor.

"Anyway, we should head to class then and beat the rush, especially with that wound of yours," Wreath suggested

"Yeah, sounds like a plan Wreath," I said as I walked with Wreath and Misty towards the door.

The rest of the school day was fine, granted I got a lot of curious looks from people when they saw all the blood on my shirt and right hand, but nobody really cared. Well, except Misty, who was still freaking out and sticking as close to me as possible for the rest of the day. By the time I got to chorus, which I have after lunch, I started feeling light headed probably due to blood loss and asked to go to the nurse. My teacher understood and let me go, no questions asked, with Misty following suit. It wasn't very packed in the nurse's office, so I didn't have to wait long. When the nurse finally saw me, I was almost unconscious and laying on a bed and she began working on patching up the wound. Afterwords, Misty and I just talked for a bit. What, It's a good way to pass the time and you know it.

"So, are you feeling any better?" Misty asked as I regained consciousness

"Meh, bout the same really," I responded as I turned to look at my friend.

"But it doesn't hurt anymore, does it?" The nurse said as she joined into the conversation.

"Nah, it's fine. I don't think it's bleeding anymore either," I lied. It still hurt like hell, but it really wasn't bleed for all I know

"I'm still surprised you lasted as long as you did with that kind of slash on your ribcage. Granted it was only for a few minutes, but most people would get a wound like that treated immediately," The nurse commented.

"I know a few things about first aid. All I did was cover the wound with my shirt and put pressure on it with my hand," I calmly stated, still conscious of the fact that I still lost plenty of blood from the fiasco.

"And I applaud you for that boy, although you should've seen me sooner," the nurse responded.

"That's what I kept telling him," Misty interjected.

"Well you're patched up, just lay down for a bit and you should be fine to get home. And now I'll just let you two be," the nurse informed us as she exited to presumably treat another student.

"Soooo, what was all that about earlier anyway?" Misty asked

"With Klark and Mack? Oh that's nothing. They're just two idiot football players who for some reason are out to get me." I matter-of-factly explained.

"Does anybody else know about that?" Misty prodded. Either she's really concerned for me or she's just really curious. I'm betting on the latter.

"Of course. Like the entire school knows about it. Oddly enough, even though those two absolutely hate me, I'm actually on pretty good terms with the rest of the football team," I stated, shrugging a bit.

"Well that's good," Misty said

"Agreed," I tersely responded.

"Also, why was Amanda-" Misty started

"Just call her Wreath Misty," I interrupted her. Thing is, Wreath is actually proud of the nickname and prefers to be addressed as such. She even has the teachers calling her by her nickname.

"Ok, why was Wreath calling you Cym?" Misty proceeded to correcter herself.

"Oh, well that's actually a nickname she gave me during band camp. See, this year was my first year in the Marching Band and I played cymbals when in the stands. Since I was basically the only cymbalist there, the band just started calling me Cym. Granted it didn't stick with anyone except Wreath, but still," I explained. Marching Band, what're you going to do?

"Well that makes sense. And it fits," Misty said, putting a hand over her mouth and blushing at what she said, but I didn't notice.

"Yeah it does..." I muttered as I kinda spaced out.

The rest of the time I basically slept while waiting for the school day to end. Having nowhere else to really go, Misty helped out around the nurse's office while I basically slept. I awoke to the sound of the day's end, i.e. the final bell ringing, and got out of the bed in the nurse's office. I made my way over to the desk and waited for Misty. She came a few minutes after the bell rang and we made our way to the Volvo, her hand intertwined with mine. At this point I don't have any idea as to why she keeps hugging me and holding my hand. But regardless, I helped her into the Volvo and helped her understand as to why we wear seat belts as well as teaching her how to buckle it herself. She got it down in a few minutes and then we were off, Misty fiddling around with my iPod out of what I'm assuming to be curiosity while I focused on getting us back home alive. We got back unharmed, well for the most part, and I collapsed on the sofa. After a few minutes of just laying on the sofa (facing the wall), I felt something else get on the sofa behind me, but I didn't care. I assumed it was Sarah since that something wrapped it's arms around me, but again I didn't care. I was too far gone and ready to sleep to care about who or what was on the sofa with me and I just dosed off right there.



Author's Note:

Before anyone asks, I'll give a description of Wreath in the next chapter. This one just didn't seem like the right time. Also, As the story progresses and more people from school are introduced, I just want you all to know that the majority of them are going to be based off of IRL people, but with different names/situation/etc. Whereas there will also be people like Klark who actually aren't based off of anyone that I know IRL, but more rather are just ideas that I got off the top of my head. Also, sorry about the 3a 3b thing, I just didn't exactly feel like devoting another chapter entirely to Sunday. I like rarely do anything on Sundays anyway. Anyway, I just wanted to put this out there before I go back to school on Tuesday. I will continue, but with three AP classes (I wasn't kidding in Chapter 1), I need to start really worrying about the exams that I'll have to take for said classes in about another month. Not to mention the SAT *grumble*

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed the chapter, If I messed anything up (like lower case i's and such) please let me know. I'm really bad about that stuff xD. Feel free to leave me any thoughts you may have and thanks for reading

-Asuya