• Published 26th Apr 2014
  • 759 Views, 15 Comments

Awakening - TheEmpressEclipse



The Prince of Night and War, Prince Constellation, has awoken......... You've never heard of him?

  • ...
3
 15
 759

Invasion!

Princess Luna sat on a cliff, observing Equestria at night. What a beautiful sight, it was such a shame it would end in a matter of hours, it was also a shame that almost nopony was awake to see it. Maybe she could do something about that.

As she looked out across the land, something caught her eye. A ship. She used her magic to 'zoom in', and found what she saw not very surprising. The ship was one of many, and on its bow was none other than Prince Constellation. She sighed and took off, she had to Celestia that their brother was invading them again. What a way to ruin such a beautiful night.

She walked through the castle at a quick pace, stopping only when she reached her sisters room. She raised her hoof knocked on the door, she waited a while, and knocked again. Still nopony answered, she sighed and blew the door down. Celestia still didn't wake up. Luna's hoof quickly found its way to her forehead, there was only one thing that could wake her up, Luna leaned down toward the ear of her sleeping sister, and whispered.

"I'm gonna burn down your banana plantation." Celestia suddenly woke up, screaming as though her mane was on fire.

"Luna, please, I beg you, kill me instead, just don't burn down the banana plantation." Celestia begged once she realized it was Luna. Once again Luna's hoof lunged for her forehead, it couldn't be healthy for a rational pony like her to live with an irrational pony like Celestia.

"Celestia, I am not going to burn down your stupid banana plantation, I just said that to wake you up." Celestia let out a sigh of relief and wiped the sweat from her brow. "Now, I woke you up because Constellation is invading." Celestia's jaw fell from its natural position.

"Your joking, right? This is all just some big joke, right?" Celestia asked, much to her dismay, Luna shook her head.

******************************

Prince Constellation stood on the bow of his ship, the Equestrian coastline getting ever closer. He sighed, he could smell it, the smell of victory. He turned, "General!" he called. Suddenly the hatch to the lower decks flew open and the General practically materialized in front of the Prince. "Ah, there you are General. So the plan is.........uhm.......charge in like like idiots and hope we win!" The Prince said.

"Thats a HORRIBLE idea, sir. Maybe instead, since its nighttime and noponys awake to see us, we should do something similar to what we did with the Griffons." The General said, the Prince always stated bad strategy's when he wanted somepony else's ideas.

"Thats a good idea, I'm glad I thought of it." The Prince said, completely oblivious to his General rolling his eyes. Prince Constellation went back to the bow. "Can't you taste it General?"

"Taste wha- YOU DIDN'T EAT DOUGHNUTS WITHOUT ME, DID YOU?" The General blurted out suddenly.

"What? No. I meant, can't you taste the victory in the air." The Prince said, much to his General's relief.

"Ok, thats good to know. And no, for some reason your the only pony I know who can literally taste victory." The General stated.

"Actually, my father could taste victory!" The Prince exclaimed. "And you know him, so, you know two ponies that can taste victory!"

"It was also said that The Dark One could taste victory." Said a creepy voice that came from everywhere. "And that when the final battle came, he could no longer taste it."

"M-M-Mystca, STOP DOING THAT!" The General screeched, scaring one stallion enough that he jumped overboard. The Prince was having a great time!

"Oh General, it so fun seeing you scared. Hey Mystca, keep it up would you."The Prince said between laughs.

"Oh ha ha." The General said sarcastically. Mystca slowly stepped out of one of the dark corners on the ship, her eyes seemed to glow in the moonlight. Not a pretty sight.

She slowly walked over to the Prince and General, just her presence was enough to send shivers down their spines, and the General had traveled with her for YEARS! "Well, um, I have something, very, important, to, do, um, somewhere, else. Bye." He stammered as he ran off.

Now the Prince was stuck between the sea, and Mystca. Not a nice place to be in. She continued walking until she was right next to him, staring out at the sea with her creepy eyes.

She stood there for a while, scanning the horizon. "Equestria, what a horrible place." She said, and then walked away. Prince Constellation could have sworn that he saw Death out of the corner of his eye, but that was silly, she couldn't be so evil that Death would hang around her, she was just very creepy. He looked out at the sea once more, than turned and headed for his cabin, he had to prepare for many great battles.

*****************************

Celestia and Luna walked the streets of Baltimare, it was in the direction of which Luna had spotted the ships. They were to prepare the city for an attack and return to Canterlot, knowing their 'dear' brother Constellation, he'd probable have his General lead some Pegasi into the clouds to attack Canterlot, or the other way around. But either way, they had to be prepared, Constellation wasn't one to loose often.

They took another look at soldiers who might never see their families again, and took off. The thought of all those soldiers dieing for basically nothing, making both of them angry. They took one last look at the brave mares and stallions ready to die to protect their home, Luna bit her lip to control the rage, and began lowering the moon, she'd be able to unleash the rage pretty soon.

*********************************

The ships landed and the General and Mystca stepped out, Mystca spat on the ground as soon as her hooves touched it. They started marching for Baltimare, this would be a glorious battle.