• Published 26th Apr 2014
  • 759 Views, 15 Comments

Awakening - TheEmpressEclipse



The Prince of Night and War, Prince Constellation, has awoken......... You've never heard of him?

  • ...
3
 15
 759

The Princess.

The Prince was on the the train for about five hours, he had a horrible sense of time, until it finally screeched into the train station. He had never been on a train before, because they hadn't been invented at the time before his nap. He was knocked from his thoughts by magic pulling him from his seat, indicating Twilight was ready to leave, so he followed her out of train station and into Canterlot.

It was a lot bigger than the cities of his day. He looked around and saw bakeries and stores, mares wearing some of the ugliest and prettiest dresses he had ever seen, and one poor stallion trying to teach his son how to catch. Everywhere they went was extravagant. But the castle made everything else look insignificant, its lower towers grabbed at the sky, and its higher towers reached for Luna's space.

Guards lined the walls, their stance so perfected that they looked like statues. Some guards at the gate noticed Twilight and the Prince, and let them in. The inside of the grand castle was beautiful, not exactly the Prince' style but it was still breath-taking. High marble walls stood on either side of them, stained glass windows portrayed many different things, none of which the Prince understood. The carpets were red and very comfortable, he would have preferred them blue. And there were many potted plants. He was observing his surroundings when a deep voiced something plowed into his side, pinning him to the ground, the Prince turned his head to find it was Luna hugging his neck.

"Constellation, its been so long, how have you been? Where have you been? What have you been doing? I missed you so much!" Luna said all at once.

"Uhh.....Luna.....your strangling........me!" The Prince said as he tried to breath. Luna let him go and smiled sheepishly.

"Oops, sorry, come on Tia will want to see you." She said as she helped her fallen brother back to his hooves. As they walked through the grand halls of Canterlot castle, Twilight broke the silence.

"Princess Luna, why aren't you sleeping?" She questioned the Lunar Princess.

"Oh, Tia came down with the flu, and so I'm in charge for now. You wouldn't believe how many ponies have begged me to not 'make it eternally night'." She said with a sigh. "And here we are, Tia's room!" She stated as she opened the door with her magic. "Tia, you have guests." She called into the room.

"I can't have guests in this condition, Luna, tell them to come back latter!" A voice said from beyond the door.

"Oh I'm pretty sure you want to see these guests, Tia." Luna said as she gestured Twilight and the Prince inside. "I would love to stay and chat, but I have a kingdom to run." Luna said as she trotted off.

"Oh Twilight is yo-" Celestia stopped as soon as she saw her brother, her eyes widened in horror as her jaw found its way to the floor. "C-c-constellation?" She stuttered. "I-I thought you were gone for good." She finished.

"Nope! I'm still alive-."

"Like Glados!" A voice called from down the hall.

"........What was that?" The Prince questioned his ill sister.

"Luna." Celestia said. "All she does now is play video games." The Prince' face betrayed his confusion. " Its a new invention."

"Oh." The Prince said, he was still confused, but he would leave it at that. "I still can't believe you changed the name of dads kingdom." The Prince stated.

"Oh come on, it was a stupid name, even YOU have to admit that!" Celestia bellowed.

"So, it was still the name dad chose." The Prince countered.

"But dad left the kingdom to me, so I had ever right to change it!" Celestia stated, as she tried to regain whatever composure her ill body would allow.

"Whatever. Say, where's the General?" The Prince asked.

"Uhm, you mean General Tiberius." Celestia said as she thought. "I think he took to wandering all of Equuis, when you left."

"I'm guessing that means you have no idea on how I could find him?" The Prince asked, he was slightly depressed.

"Actually, he come's to Canterlot often!"

"Really. I thought he hated cities?"

"He does, but, Pony Joe's only operates in Canterlot, and he play's video games with Luna."

"Interesting, I'm gonna have to find out what video WAIT A MINUTE, did you say Pony Joe's!"

"Yes?" Celestia said confusedly.

"I, but, Pony Joe's was around before I took my two thousand year nap!" The Prince stated.

"Oh, right. Its a very long line Pony Joe's and Josephine's. Its currently a Pony Joe." Celestia said,answering his unasked question.

"Well, I guess I'm gonna have to go there. I need to find the General." The Prince said.

"Might I ask why?" Celestia said.

"So I can invade places of course!" The Prince stated as though it should be obvious.

Twilight finally found her voice and approached Celestia's bedside. "Princess, WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME YOU HAD A BROTHER!!!"Twilight shouted, her breathing was erratic.

"I actually have two brother-." Celestia began.

"TWO! YOU HAVE TWO BROTHERS AND YOU NEVER TOLD ME!!!"

"Well in my defense, YOU never told your friends you had a brother." Celestia stated calmly.

Twilight calmed down. "Oh, thats true."

The Prince decided to speak before things got awkward. "Right so where's Pony Joe's?"

Author's Note:

Pony Joes is like a running joke for me and my brother, Prince Constellation and General Tiberius go there often and order from there ALL THE TIME!!!!!! Basically its a long family line Pony Joes and Joesephines, and there all in the family business, sticking around the Royal Family. Lets just say there will probably more Pony Joe references in the future.