• Published 14th Dec 2014
  • 513 Views, 12 Comments

Star Ship Unity - Ponyess



Rainbow Dash just found something on a routine weather patrol, but this is where routine ends and the adventure of a lifetime took over. How would a revelation of this order change Equestria?

  • ...
3
 12
 513

A New Expedition: 2

Author's Note:

Twilight Sparkle's POV

“Twilight!” Rainbow Dash exclaimed as the door opened up, the purple Alicorn looking out.

“Dash, what got you so excited?” I responded.

“Just a find worthy of Daring Doo. We found old ruins, but it left us confused, there is something strange to them. Aside from looking as if they had been built and buried just the other day!” she pointed out.

“Wait, one does not build ruins. You know that much, Dashie!” I responded.

“Hay, even Ditzy knew that much!” Dash responded in indignation.

“Let’s see if I get what you said, then. You found ruins of an ancient city in the middle of nowhere, mostly covered over with sand?” I responde.

“It looks like and ancient city, but since they are buried in sand and had been abandoned, for all we could see. That would make this into ruins, as pristine and well preserved as they appeared to us!” she clarified.

“So, for all intents and purposes, it is an ancient ruin you found. Certainly sounds like an interesting adventure to explore, for all I care!” I pointed out.

“Yes, Twilight. An ancient ruin looking as if it could have some significance. You would love seeing this for sure!” Dashie exclaimed.

“Do you suggest we all go there, right away?” I responded.

“Buck, yeah. From what we sa, this is the exploration of a lifetime. I wouldn’t miss it for the world. For one, even Flutter Shy may actually enjoy it!” she continued.

“Some small preparations should be in order, going off without preparing is never wise, you know!” I pointed out in turn.

“How about you write a message to Princess Celestia, for starters? Then I could gather our friends while you wait for the response, assuming it comes in today?” she offered.

“These ruins are not likely to go anywhere any time soon, but if you gather our friends while I send the message, we can discuss the subject while waiting!” I countered.

“Sounds like a deal to me, Twilight. Then I gather our friends while you write, I know you would appreciate the piece and quiet, while writing anyway!” she continued.

“Now, that is considerate and thoughtful of you, Dashie!” I responded.

“I can be considerate, from time to time. Even Pinkie has proven to manage the feat!” she shut back in a teasing tone as I left her behind to dictate the message to Celestia while I gathered our friends.


“Spike, could you take a new message for Celestia, please?” I enquired.

“Sure, I could spare a moment for you!” Spike announced, quill in hand, as the parchment floated towards him.

--- --- ---