• Published 17th Apr 2014
  • 594 Views, 13 Comments

Halo: Equestrian Fall - Soviet_Minister



It's 2359. Ponykind is endangered by the ruthless army named the Hexaband. Lily, a KNIGHT, will fight through the Hex forces to save Equestria. Will she succeed? Or will she fail, and let the Hexaband destroy Equestria? Only time will tell.

  • ...
4
 13
 594

Prologue...

The year is 2359. The world still exists, but overpopulation has forced many of her former residents to colonize other worlds. They have taken to space to travel to the other planets, and have come through with a brand new technology that allows for faster-than-light travel, through miracles of magic and science, and Equestria's unified government, through the Harmonic Nations Military, has put its full weight behind the colonization effort; millions of ponies now live on habitable planets in other solar systems. All of this would not have been possible without the light-travel component they have now named the MC109 LightSpec, or for short, the Spec Reactor. Another keystone in Ponykind's colonization efforts is the planet Exiumm, an interstellar naval yard that builds colony ships for civilians and warships for the HNM's armed forces. Conveniently close to Equestria, Exiumm is also a hub of scientific research and military activity.

Thirty-two years ago, all communication with the outer colony Autumn was lost. A battle group, composed of five Frigates and seven Corvettes, were sent to investigate, and was almost completely destroyed; only one badly damaged Frigate returned to Exiumm. Its crew told of a seemingly unstoppable warship that had effortlessly annihilated their forces.

This was Ponykind's first encounter with a deadly and alien army they eventually came to know as the Hexaband, a collective of different pony-alien races united in their fanatical religious devotion. The Hexaband's religious elders declared Ponykind an affront to their religion, and the Hex's warrior caste waged a holy war upon Ponykind with gruesome diligence.

After a series of crushing defeats and obliterated colonies, HNM Admiral Winter Skyy established the Skyy Protocol: no vessel, Civilian or Military, may inadvertently lead the Hexaband to Equestria. When forced to withdraw, ships must avoid Equestrian-bound vectors - even if that means jumping without proper navigational calculations. Vessels in danger of capture must self-destruct.

On Exiumm, a secret military project to create Cybonic super-soldiers takes on newfound importance. The soldiers of the KNIGHT-II project rack up an impressive record against the Hexaband in test deployments, but there are too few of them to turn the tide of the war.

Existing KNIGHT-II soldiers are recalled to Exiumm for further augmentation. The plan: board a Hex vessel with the improved KNIGHT-IIs and learn the location of the Hexaband's home world. The plan seemed flawless, and the higher-ups of the HNM were confident that the co-ordinates to the Hexaband's home world would be in their grasp. Two days before the mission begins, Hex forces strike Exiumm and annihilate the colony entirely. The Hexaband are now on Equestria's doorstep, and will not hesitate to destroy everything. One ship, the Dawn of Time, escapes with the last KNIGHT-II and makes a blind jump into deep space, hoping to lead the Hexaband away from Equestria...