• Published 17th Apr 2014
  • 594 Views, 13 Comments

Halo: Equestrian Fall - Soviet_Minister



It's 2359. Ponykind is endangered by the ruthless army named the Hexaband. Lily, a KNIGHT, will fight through the Hex forces to save Equestria. Will she succeed? Or will she fail, and let the Hexaband destroy Equestria? Only time will tell.

  • ...
4
 13
 594

Read This First.

This is a section showing you the Weapons, Vehicles and classes of Nightlings. This chapter is not actually part of the story, but reading this will most likely improve your understanding of the story. Reading this is optional, but is recommended to you so you do not get confused through the story.

Thank you, -Sovie. :)



THE HEXABAND

(Crappy name, I know.)

The Hexaband, or the Nightlings as the HNM calls them, is a collection of different alien species, all from unknown planets, and have waged a bloody war against Ponykind for the single belief that Ponykind is an obstacle that must be conquered to achieve the Path of Glory, a religious path in which if the Hexaband achieve Universal Dominance, they shall become Gods in their own right. They are lead by the one high seat named Nightmare Moon, backed by the two co-leaders Sombra and Discord. Nightmare Moon, the old time leader of the first grand attack on Equestria, is now the leader of the whole Faction, seeking revenge on Equestria and its neighbours. Sombra, former slave ruler of the legendary Crystal Kingdom was banshied from Equestria after a desperate fight between the six ponies, Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Applejack, Rarity and Twilight Sparkle, against Sombra. Along with Shining Armour and Princess Cadence, they used the Crystal Heart to banish Sombra. Discord, who is the sole commander of chaos itself, escaped his homestead in Ponyville, and was missing from then on. All three formed the Nightling government they now call the Hexaband, and is now the most powerful faction in the universe.



(Grunt)
Raavi: The Raavi are the main force behind the Hexaband. They are strong, flexible, and most importantly, expendable. They either wear light barding, or no armour at all, and are usually seen carrying TR-671 Magic Pistols. Though they are fast, agile and strong, their intelligence betrays them. They are usually led by Arial's, and will most probably flee when the battle falls in the enemy's favor.

(Jackal)
Shruti: These particular Nightlings are the snipers of the Hexaband. They are mainly seen with a TR-514 Sniper Rifles, a.k.a. 'Belters', though sometimes they can be deployed on the field, holding personal shields and using TR-061-b SMG's. These Nightlings have the sharpest eyes in the Hexaband army, making them vital to the armed force of the Hexaband. Though they have great eyesight, they are hardly put on the battfield because of their strength. They have a weak body structure, making them vulnerable to all kinds of damage, from bullets to explosions.

(Elite)
Arial: The sole commanders of all ground forces, Arial's are the back bone of the army that makes up the Hexaband. They will carry an array of weapons, from the TR-061 Magic Blaster, to the TR-514 'Belter'. They have also been known to carry TR-001 RPG's from time to time. They are also eqquiped with persoanl energy shield, which acts as a kind of temporary exo-skeleton. The Arial's are also the main guard for the three heads-of-government, Nightmare Moon, Sombra and Discord.

(Grunt - Modified)
Gautami: These Nightlings are one of Discords own little creations, taking a couple thousand Raavi and scrambling their minds to insanity, rendering them extremely dangerous and unpredictable. They have been tested on a number of subjects, and have come out successful, according to Discord. They are deployed in groups of 10, sporting TR-001 RPG's, TR-i30 Implosion Grenades, and highly explosive cannisters bonded to their backs, making them effecient suicide bombers. Insane, they behave like lunatics, though they still know how to use a weapon. These Nightlings are classified as High Risk, and should be treated with extreme firepower.

(Hunter - Modified)
Vruski: Vruski's are the heavy weapons forces of the Hexaband, possessing two TR-405 Miniguns. These Changlings were the creation of Sombra, the former slaver and ruler of the Crystal Empire. He took a couple hundred Arial's, and bonded armour to their skin, making it irremovable. He then put them through intensive training, armed them with Miniguns, then sent them out into the battlefield. These Nightlings are classed as Extreme Risk, and should not be engaged if you can help it. If you must fight it, use explosive weapons.


ALL WEAPONS:

How are they used?:

The weapons in this story, other than sidearms, are mounted onto specially built Back Mounts called 'Battle-Saddles' (All credit for that idea goes to Kkat, the talented author of Fallout: Equestria.) Their firing mechanism is based on a dog-bone structure leading from the saddle itself that the pony bites, triggering a series of reactions that allow the weapons mounted to fire. All military soldiers are equipped with armor, which already have a Battle-Saddle built into it. KNIGHT's, however, must aquire a Battle-Saddle themselves, seeing how the Saddle wasn't invented until after Dr. Coalsbey had made the blueprints for the KNIGHT-II Super Soldier. Handguns are used by a more simple contraption. Handguns are mounted in to a open-ended holster, which is connected to the torso of the pony via two leather straps that travel around the waist. This holster has the open-end pointing towards the front of the pony, and is fired via an electrical pulse from a chip inside the soldiers helmet. This certain holster mechanism, unlike the Battle-Saddle, comes with every suit of armour, whether it be the standard Mark-III Marine Armour, or the ultra-advanced KNIGHT-II Super Soldier Amour.

Just in case you are asking, the reason behind why the Battle-Saddle cannot run off of the same system that the handgun is running on, is because this is an extremely powerful, but small, chip. A handgun would already be straining the chip, so a primary weapon would most likely cause the chip to short circut, rendering all of their weapons useless. Research into more powerful chips are currently underway.

The Asterisk* will signify if it can be mounted to a Battle-Saddle.



HEXABAND WEAPONS:


TR-671 Magic Pistol: These pistols are the standard issue side arms for all military staff of the Hexaband. They use a specially designed Spark Pack that allows for 11 shots, each shot packing 1,500 Gemicules of magic. 1'500 Gemicules is enough to kill a lightly armourd marine. Though this weapon is powerful enough to kill, it has a poor fire rate, due to the cooling mechanism inside the casing.


Accuracy: 23/50
Damage: 19/50
Mobility: 45/50
Fire Rate: 14/50


*TR-061 Magic Blaster: The TR-061 Magic Blaster is the equivelant to the HNM gunpowder assault rifle. These, like the TR-671 Magic Pistols, are standard issue to all military staff of the Hexaband. These also use a specially designed Spark Pack, but hold 32 Centre Fire Aura Rounds, born purely from the core of magic. Just one of these bullets packs 1,900 Gemicules, more than enough to eliminate a fully armoured Marine. Once the round enters the victim, its tip explodes, sending tiny little shards through the victims organs, though this is not dangerous enough to kill them with one round. It has a good fire rate, and is reknowned for it's accuracy.


Accuracy: 38/50
Damage: 27/50
Mobility: 27/50
Fire Rate: 36/50


*TR-514 Sniper Rifle a.k.a. 'Belter': The TR-514 Sniper Rifle, or the 'Belter' as some call it, is the choice ranged weapon for the Predators of the Hexaband. These Sniper Rifles have a large Spark Pack that holds 5, 4,500 Gemicule Incindiary rounds, enough power to send one bullet through 4 fully armoured Marines. This weapon works on a bolt-action mechanism, giving it one of the slowest fire rates of it's class. This weapon is also one of the largest in the TR models, so it's mobility is limited, especially when firing.


Accuracy:48/50
Damage: 39/50
Mobility: 12/50
Fire Rate: 9/50


*TR-001 Rocket Propelled Grenade (RPG): This one-time weapon is one of the very few weapons that succeeded on it's first test, thus giving it the model number TR-001. This particular weapon also runs off of a different system, running off an Aura Battery rather than the usual Spark Pack. The Aura Battery doesn't run on Gemicules, and is measured by Klamites. A Klamite, according to HNM enemy weapons researchers, packs the same power as 10,000 Gemicules. The Aura Battery that this RPG runs off carries 2.5 Klamites, classing it as the most powerful ammunition source in the TR series. It's mobility is just as restricted as the TR-514 Sniper Rifle however, giving it a big disadvantage on a busy battlefield.


Accuracy: 35/50
Damage: MAX
Mobility: 9/50
Fire Rate: 5/50


*TR-405 Minigun: This firearm is capable of shooting 475 FMJ rounds every 7 seconds, classing it with the highest fire rate in the weapons catergory. This particular weapon runs off of 4 Spark Packs, each packing 125 23.5mm Full Metal Jacket rounds. The damage and fire rate on this weapon is superb, yet the mobility and accuracy truly are quite apalling. The reloading mechanism takes an entire 15 seconds before it is completed, and the accuracy proves that this weapon is of a spray-and-pray type. This is the heaviest weapon in the Hexaband, is should NOT be taken lighlty.


Accuracy: 10/50
Damage: 48/50
Mobility: 12/50
Fire Rate: MAX


TR-i30 Implosion Grenade: This is one of the most secretive explosives ever created by the Hexaband. Holding 5,000 Gemicules upon detonation, this is one of the most portable means of destruction around. With a 6 second timer, the TR Implosion Grenade creates a mini black hole, sucking in anything that happens to be near it. Only the damage is known of this weapon, due to leaks in the secrets system.

Accuracy: -/-
Damage: MAX
Mobility: N/A
Fire Rate: -/-


TR-061-b Sub-Machine Gun (SMG): This down-sized version of the TR-061 Magic Blaster is one of the only weapons in the TR series that is available only to the Predators of the Hexaband. The SMG has a Spark Pack that holds 25, 1,700 Gemicule Shatter-rounds. Although the TR-061-b does less damage than it's older cousin, it makes up for it in mobility and fire rate. This weapon is also fragile, which means cleaning it periodically is compulsory for it's survival.


Accuracy: 29/50
Damage: 24/50
Mobility: 34/50
Fire Rate: 41/50



HNM WEAPONS:


GP-425 Automatic Pistol: The GP-425 Automatic Pistol, also known as an Auto, is the standard issue sidearm for all military personale of the Harmonic Nations Military. The classic Auto Pistol is one of the most reliable weapons in the HNM. It's accuracy is pinpoint, and it's mobility is superb, giving nearly every soldier a reason to love this gun. It's magazine holds 11, 9mm rounds, the same amount as the TR-671 Magic Pistol. But, their accuracy and mobility aside, they are deadly for their extreme fire rate.


Accuracy: 28/50
Damage: 20/50
Mobility: 23/50
Fire Rate: 31/50


*GP-010 Assault Rifle: This, like the GP-425 Automatic Pistol, is the standard issue primary weapon for all military personale of the HNM. This particular Assault Rifle has been in production for more than 15 years, dealing death at an extreme rate. The main reason behind this is because the GP models are reasonably more realiable than the TR models. The GP-010 Assault Rifle has a magazine, holding 40 26 mm Centre Fire Rounds. The fire rate on this weapon is excellent, and the damage is also quite acceptable.


Accuracy: 31/50
Damage: 30/50
Mobility: 25/50
Fire Rate: 38/50


*GP-101 Long Range Rifle: By 'Long Range Rifle', it pretty much means 'Sniper Rifle'. The equivalent to a TR-514 Sniper Rifle, this powder-powered rifle is one of the most powerful weapons in the GP series, its magazine carrying 5 massive .50 calibre rounds, enough to relieve a Changling Juggernaut of its head. The size and mechanism of this weapon, however, slows its fire rate down to a near crawl, while it's mobility is extremely restricted. It's accuracy and damage, though, are unmatched by no other GP weapon, excluding one.


Accuracy: 48/50
Damage: 48/50
Mobility: 4/50
Fire Rate: 6/50


*GP-024 CLAW Rocket Launcher: The CLAW is currently the most destructive weapon in the GP series. This adapted rocket launcher is also one of the rare classified items on the weapons list. Its use is rare, and the type of missile it uses, or its method of firing is completely unknown, other than to it's manufacturers, who we are happy to say were in the United Griffon Army, or the UGA for short. We do know, however, that it packs enough punch to knock a Changling Dropship right out of the sky, causing destruction aplenty.


Accuracy: N/A
Damage: N/A
Mobility: N/A
Fire Rate: N/A


GP-013 Fragmentation Grenade: This is one of the most employed explosives on the battlefield. Mainly used by the HNM, this hand grenade has a seven second timer. Upon explosion, it sends out small shards of steel, killing anypony within ten hooves, and seriously injuring those within 15 hooves. Not much else can be said for this particular weapon, other than that it can be quite unreliable when it wants to be.

Accuracy: -/-
Damage: 40/50
Mobility: MAX
Fire Rate: -/-




ALL VEHICLES:

Now, before I do this, I just want to tell you, that I am not going to tell you how the ponies operate these vehicles. That takes away some of the imagination. So use your imagination, and see if you can think up ways that ponies can use these. :)

HNM:

IRVAN ATV: The IRVAN All Terrain Vehicle is the most versatile and used vehicle in all of the HNM. Wearing 2.5 inches of titanium steel plating, and packing a side mounted 9mm SMG, the IRVAN can climb up to 90 kph. Though it is fast, versatile and strong, it offers barely any protection for the rider, making it a vehicle of recon instead of battle.

Overall:
Crew:
1 Driver + 1 Passenger

Armament:
9mm SMG



154 Armoured Combat Jeep (ACJ): The 154 Armoured Combat Jeep, or ACJ for short, is the second most employed on-land platform used by the Harmonic Nations Military. Housing a massive V10 Turbo Z516 Diesel engine under the bonnet, topping off at 130 kph, and packing a two-and-a-half metre long 12.7mm LAAG Vulcan Machine Gun, this Jeep is a monster not to be trifled with. However, its weight, 3 tonnes, causes it to slowly climb to the highest speed.

Overall:
Crew:
1 Driver + 1 Passenger + 1 Gunner

Armament:
12.7mm LAAG VMG/ M68 25mm AFiM Gauss Cannon



z160-GT Snow Treader: This is the monstrocity that tops the entire vehicle list off. The z160-GT ST is the pony version of a tank. Complete with 14.5 inch thick depleted uranium plating, a M056 7.62mm inbuilt turret, and a 90mm main cannon, this big hunk of death on wheels is not to be taken lightly. With 360 swivel action, and having a top speed of 70kph, this tank can, and probably will ruin your day should you cross it.

Overall:
Crew:
1 Driver + 4 Riders

Armament:
M512 90mm SBHV (Smooth Bore, High Velocity) Cannon + M056 7.26mm inbuilt MMG



a56i 'Mosquito': This agile aircraft is the primary means of air defence in the HNM, kitted out with 2 12.7mm LAAG's, an M42 65mm MLRS missile launcher, and with a top speed of 834 kph, this aircraft makes for a mean fighter. Though it is quick, and carries adequate firepower to knock enemy fighters out of the sky, the armour plating of the Mosquito is quite thin. Covered in only 1.5 inches of titanium steel plating, the structural integrity of this particular aircraft is quite low.

Overall:
Crew:
1 Pilot

Armament:
2x 12.7mm LAAG's + M42 65mm MLRS Missile Launcher



D85-TC Descender: The D85-TC is the primary space-to-ground VTOL transport for the HNM. This HNM dropship can accomodate up to 10 passengers and 1 vehicle. This is an extremely versatile and manueverable platform, Even though these aircraft are usually used passively, or behind enemy lines, they can also be armed with a 20mm auto-cannon.

Overall:
Crew:
1 Pilot + 1 Co-Pilot + 10 Passengers

Armament:
M863 20mm Auto-Cannon




HEXABAND:

T-130 RAV Hunter: The Z-130 Hunter is the Hexaband's primary reconnaissance and rapid attack vehicle, armed by two linked TR-061 Magic Blasters. The speed of this vehicle is decent, though the protection of the operator is very poor. The material of the hull is unknown, the same as any other Hexaband vehicle. The structural integrity of this vehicle is also decent, but is not built for a full-blown battle.

Overall:
Crew:
1 Operator

Armament:
2x TR-061 Magic Blasters (Linked)


T-308 AGC Aura: This Hexie tank, is the primary armoured fighting vehicle for ground forces. This Hexaband tank sports a Heavy Magic Mortar, and a mounted TR-405 Minigun. Just like the Hunter, this vehicle uses an anti-gravity lift under it, giving it the ability to hover above the ground surface. Though the hull of this vehicle is thick, and is extremely hard to destroy, it has a blind spot, which is behind the actual tank. This spot is also poorly armoured, giving the HNM forces a chance to destroy it from behind.

Overall:
Crew:
1 Operator + 1 Minigunner

Armament:
Heavy Magic Mortar + TR-405 Minigun


T-73 UHAP Spider: This particular walker was first thought to be a Super Vehicle, though recent intelligence reveals that this is actually an ultra-heavy infantry unit, created by Nightmare Moon herself. Though the majority of the Spider may be mechanical, it is actually powered by the core, which is made up of tiny, worm like beings that were originally created by Sombra to control the HNM's forces minds. These beings control the movements of the mechanical parts of the Spider, making the Spider pretty much a massive Super Suit.

Overall:
Crew:
1 Pilot + 12 Defenders

Armament:
Ultra-heavy Focus Magic Cannon + Ultra-heavy Magic Mortar + 3x T-52 DESW Modified Railguns.


T-u25 Beetle: The T-u25 Beetle is the Hexaband's primary space-to-ground troop carrier and space gunship. The reason for the name of the ship is because of its shape, the hull curving fully at the top. This dropship is capable of carrying up to 30 passengers and 2 vehicles, which is decently more than the D85-TC Descender. The Beetle protects itself using 2 T-52 DESW Railguns.

Overall:
Crew:
1 Pilot + 2 Railgun Gunners + 30 passengers

Armament:
2x T-52 DESW Railguns


T-36 XMF Septre: The Septre is the Hexaband's primary ground support aircraft. This aircraft packs 2 Heavy Linked TR-405 Miniguns, giving it about the same firepower as the a56i Mosquito. Though this fighter is lightly armoured, just like the Mosiquito, it is extremely manueverable, giving it the advantage in dog fights.

Overall:
Crew:
1 Pilot

Armament:
2x Heavy FRC-G TR-405 Miniguns (Linked)

Author's Note:

Just a little overview of everything used. :)