• Published 15th Apr 2014
  • 720 Views, 2 Comments

The Promise (Original Story) - ThePrinceOfTheNorth



Celestia has not sat on the Equestrian throne for one thousand years. The reason, it seems, is anything but normal.

  • ...
8
 2
 720

Chapter 5: Revelations

Chapter 5: Revelations

Thankfully, Celestia and Crystalia could not be told apart at this point. The only sign that Crystalia was a changeling was her fangs, which had become quite smooth and elegant, as opposed to their former worn, jagged appearace. This would be the only way anypony could tell her apart from the real Celestia from then on (Well, unless you removed some of her fur to reveal the white chitin beneath), as her transformation had completed midway through the session.

At that moment, Crystalia was thankful for that fact.

The Black Changeling Queens stood before Celestia and Crystalia, all looking confused at the two princesses before them. Celestia and Crystalia noticed this and met eyes, thinking the same thing.

They don't know one of us isn't a pony.

"Please, do come in. I have been expecting you," said Celestia professionally. Crystalia had to admit, one thousand years of being dead hadn't dulled her acting ability.

Crystalia bowed to the Changeling Queens. "It is a pleasure to be graced by your presences."

The Queen who seemed to be in charge stepped forward. "I have no time for games. I must speak to Princess Celestia urgently! It may be a matter of life and death."

Celestia and Crystalia stopped acting and straightened up. Crystalia put on a disguise of her old self. It was the one thing she could turn into besides a copy of Celestia, which she almost was.

The Black Changeling Queen gasped at the changeling before her. "You are not Chrysalis!"

"No, I'm her sister, Crystalia," Crystalia said. She was beginning to wonder if turning herself into her old form was such a good idea after all. Fortuntely, the Queen relaxed.

"I see," said the queen. "Well, since you have introduced yourself, I shall do the same. My name is Evening Star." She then gestured to each of the other Queens. "This is Morning Star, my youngest sister, Midnight Star, my second youngest, and this old mare is our great aunt, High Charity. These two little ones are Gold Star and Silver Star, my daughters."

Crystalia nodded politely as she returned to her normal form. She smiled at the two little queens. "It is very nice to meet you."

"Umm, your disguise has fangs," said Gold Star. "Celestia doen't have fangs."

Crystalia almost facehoofed, but managed to hold back her hoof. "This is me as I normally am."

The little changeling gasped, completely frazzled by that little revelation. Her mother, on the other hand, was curious.

"Tell me," began Evening Star, "How is it that you've become naturally identical to Celestia in every way, save the fangs?"

"I'll explain that later," Crystalia said, "What I would like to know is how a Black Chaneling Queen and her entourage managed to get past our guards?"

"Invisibility spell," said Evening Star. This time, Crystalia's hoof me it's mark, nearly knocking herself over with the force. She took a moment to regain her composure.

"So, what is the Empress of The Black Empire doing in her enemy's hall on the eve of battle," asked Celestia curiously.

Evening Star sighed. "My changelings had been wothout food for so long, the began killing each other for love. When I became Queen, I attempted to stop them, but that only made them go out and attack ponies and other hives behind my back. I couldn't take it. I, my personal guard and these two of my sister and my daughters felt that we wanted no part in the madness our hive had become."

"Can you tell us what they're doing now," asked Crystalia.

"No," said Evening Star, "Black Star took the throne after I left, and severed our connections to the hive. But I do have an idea of what she's planning."

Crystalia nodded. "Good, but I think you might wish to sit down first. I can tell from your emotions that you've been on quite a long journey."

~~~~~~~~~~

A few minutes later and they were all seated around the Map Table. Small figurines marked the troop placement that had been discussed in the meeting an hour ago, and Evening Star was reviewing them.

"Something wrong," asked Celestia, noticing Evenign Star's thoughtful look.

Evening Star took a moment to register that Celestia had been speaking to her. "Oh, um, it just, well, I'd expected you to attack the Everfree Outpoast, as did Black Star."

"It's not the stronghold," questioned Celestia.

"No, just an exit, be it a highly used one, from our tunnels which burrow beneath most of Equestria."

Celestia's jaw dropped. "What?"

"There are tunnels under most of Equestria, or were," said Evening Star, "The only one that hasn't collapsed is the one from The Black Keep to the Everfree Forest. All the rest caved in before I was born."

Celestia breathed a sigh of relief. For a moment, she feared all of Equestria was in danger. She noticed Crystalia sigh as well, knowing she care for the ponies as much as her.

"Back to the matter a hand," Crystalia said, "You said you had a good ide of what they're planning?"

Evening Star nodded. "Since we believed you though our palace was in the Everfree, we figured you would do as this map suggests you are doing. So, they will most likely fly directly to Canterlot while it is left unguarded."

"I haven't sent our forces to the forest yet," said Celestia, "But there might be a Changeling lookout there to make sure we came."

Evening Star thought for a moment. "You're right."

"Okay, we'll recall the armies, but send the 2nd Solstice Royal Guard to canvas the forest," Crystalia said, "That way, they won't susect anything."

"Wait, did you say Solstice," asked Evening Star, noticeably worried.

"I did," Crystalia said, a look of pure terror crossing Evening Star's face. "Don't worry. Prince Winter is very reasonable. He didn't kill me the moment he saw me, and that's saying a lot, as I was impersonating the princess."

"You were impersonating Celestia," Evening Star asked, "For how long? Days? Weeks? Years!?"

"How about sine the day I died one thousand years ago after banishing Nightmare Moon," Celestia said, causing Evening Star's to drop.

"You died," asked Evening Star.

"Indeed she did," said Chrysalis. "I used all the love I'd managed to store, which was a feat, considering that I had to raise and lower the sun. It killed me in the process, but Celestia brought me back with her love for me."

"What kind of love," asked Evening Star curiously.

"The kind of love than only true friends can share," said Crystalia with a smile, looking at Celestia.

"I cna feel you two are very close friends," said Evening Star, "Not that close, but very close nonetheless."

Crystalia nodded at Evening Star. "Thank you."

"Don't mention it," said Evening Star as they all got up.

"Let's go. We need to prepare an we probably don't have much time," Crystalia said as she led everypony out of the War Room.