• Published 12th Apr 2014
  • 819 Views, 22 Comments

Candy Corn Kitten - pokefreak13



Apple Bloom finds a kitten in a bowl of candy corn and decides to help find it a home.

  • ...
0
 22
 819

Five

The three friends made their way slowly to Fluttershy's cottage, taking turns carrying the kitten. The black kitten was endlessly entertaining. One minute he'd be sleeping, and the next he'd be playing with the fillies' manes. It was almost as if he had a switch of energy that flickered on and off in an instant.

At last they walked into Fluttershy's house and found the yellow mare sweeping the wooden floor.

"Guess what we have." Sweetie Bell sang.

Fluttershy looked up wary. "If it's one of those timber cubs again.."

Scootalo sighed. "It was only that one time."

The mare set the broom on the ground and walked towards the fillies.

Sweetie Bell levitated the kitten off her back and gave it to Apple Bloom. The country filly held the kitten up for Fluttershy to see.

"What a darling! You've got to tell me were you found him." the mare exclaimed.

"He popped out of a box of candy." Sweetie Bell informed.

Fluttershy shook her head. "I won't ask." she said with a grin. "So whose is he?"

"We don't know." Apple Bloom confessed. Then the CMC quickly explained what happened at the Seeds and Hay.

"I'll make flyers and put them around town." Fluttershy explained.

"Can ya take care of him tonight? Ah would but Winona hates cats."

"And Opalescence hates to share attention."

" Also, my dad is allergic to cats."

Fluttershy picked up the kitten and smiled as it played with her pale pink mane.

Then the kitten gave one of his loud meows.

"That sounds like Burmese," Fluttershy said with surprise. "The color's definitely wrong, but I bet he has some Burmese ancestry in him."

The kitten blinked his big, gemlike eyes and meowed in agreement.

"I almost forgot!" Sweetie Bell looked at her friends then at Fluttershy. "Which name do you like better? Candy, Pumpkin, or Bright Eyes."

Fluttershy thought for a moment.

"I um..like Pumpkin."

"YES!!!"

The three ponies looked at the unicorn.

Suddenly, the kitten yowled and struggled.

"Oh my! Looks like somepony wants some food." Fluttershy replied.

"I'll get the cat food." Scootalo volunteered.

The mare shook her head. "He's still very young. So Pumpkin just needs milk for now. If he's still hungry then I'll judge whether or not Pumpkin can have a little bit of solid food."

Fluttershy put the kitten on the floor, where he immediately started to chase his own tail. When Apple Bloom set a bowl of warm milk down beside him, Pumpkin stopped what he was doing and began to lap at it. Milky droplets trembled on his stringlike whiskers. Then Pumpkin stopped drinking and gave a huge yawn.

"Up you go." Fluttershy whispered, picking up the sleepy kitten and setting him down on the sofa. Pumpkin curled up with his nose tucked under his tail.

"Thanks for taking care of him." Apple Bloom whispered.

Fluttershy smiled at the three fillies then closed the door.

Suddenly, she heard a loud crash and looked over her shoulder to see Pumpkin chasing three squirrels.

The mare sighed. This was going to be a long day.


"Now what should we do?" Sweetie Bell asked.

"Lets see how the haunted house if coming along." Scootalo replied.

"Okay." Apple Bloom replied.