• Published 12th Apr 2014
  • 818 Views, 22 Comments

Candy Corn Kitten - pokefreak13



Apple Bloom finds a kitten in a bowl of candy corn and decides to help find it a home.

  • ...
0
 22
 818

Ten

At four-fifteen that afternoon, Apple Bloom stood by the fire in Zecora's house and adjusted her Nightmare Night costume. It was time for Operation Meow. If everything went according to plan, Silver Spoon and her friends will never bother Zecora ever again.

"Your costume looks amazing! When those meanies see you in the forest, they'll think they've gone crazy!" Button Mash exclaimed.

"Indeed," said Zecora as she zipped up Button Mash's Spidercolt costume. "Is this glow in the dark paint?"

"Yes it is. My mask will glow in the dark, if that won't scare them I don't know what will."

Sweetie Bell adjusted her crutches. "I'm sure these stupid sticks will get in the way." she grumbled.

Scootalo finished painting herself a light blue. She felt excited at the thought of scarring Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon. "That's where you're wrong Sweetie Bell. Just imagine hearing not three thumps, but four! Three hooves and one crutch! We'll defiantly scare those meanies out of their costumes!"

Scootalo bent down and gave Oak an encouraging scratch under the chin. "And you look pretty awesome in your ghost costume too."

The timber puppy did look faintly like a ghost. He was painted in a white, glow in the dark paint and because timber wolves don't have eyes, Oak had blinding yellow light bulbs in his eye sockets.

"Are you sure you aren't missing a party?" Zecora asked.

"We weren't invited to one." Apple Bloom informed.

"What if the vandals don't come tonight?" Button Mash said.

Sweetie Bell smiled. "Of course they'll come back. It's Nightmare Night! They won't be able to resist trying to scare Zecora. Now, what props did you bring Buttons?"

The colt dug around in his backpack. "A CD with creepy sound effects and a CD player. We'll put up the speakers in a branch of a tree, and I'll us a wireless remote to switch it on."

Scootalo held out a jar full of red sludge. Sweetie Bell and Apple Bloom made a face. "What is that Scoots?" they questioned.

"Red Sludge. It's Pinkie Pie's own recipe. We'll dab it around the trees. Just wait till they put their hooves in this."

"Cool. Ah brought some cobweb spray that we can also put on the trees. And of course ah have Pumpkin too." Apple Bloom replied. Looking over at her back. "Get ready Pumpkin. Tonight's your big night."

The filly waited for the kitten to meow, however there was no response. Apple Bloom gently picked up the kitten and held him close to her face. Pumpkin's nose was tucked beneath his tail.

"Is he alright?" Sweetie Bell asked, leaning forward.

Apple Bloom scratched the kitten's chin. "Hey, little fella! What's up?"

The kitten sat up slowly in the filly's hooves and yawned. Then Pumpkin yowled softly. It was the saddest thing Apple Bloom ever heard. She soon realized for the first time that the kitten must be feeling lonely, with no other creatures to play with and no home except Fluttershy's cottage.

"He needs a home. That way he won't feel so alone." Zecora said.

"Ah know Zecora. But trying to find Pumpkin a home is harder than ah thought." Apple Bloom replied unhappily.

I just hope he's not too sad ta meow tonight. The filly thought sadly. Placing Pumpkin back onto her back.


Setting up the props was harder than Apple Bloom thought. Now they were aware of every sound out in the forest. However this time it wasn't because they were afraid of monsters. If Silver Spoon's gang came too early, the whole thing could be ruined.

However they were in luck. After Button Mash hid the last of the speakers, Zecora stood at her doorway. With a small smile upon her lips. "Thank you fillies."

Scootalo beamed. "Hay Zecora, want ta help us scare them?"

Zecora gulped. "I'm sorry. However I will stay in my home where it's not so chilly." and with that, she shut the door behind her.

"Okay team. Get into position." Apple Bloom ordered.

Button Mash, Scootalo, Sweetie Bell, and Apple Bloom hid behind some bushes and began to wait. The minutes ticked away, and Apple Bloom felt a twinge of doubt. What if their victims never come? What if Pumpkin didn't meow? She stroked the kitten and bit her lip. Anxiously staring into the darkness.

Thump, thump, thump. It was the sound of hooves pounding into the ground. Apple Bloom and her friends tensed up as they heard voices.

"The witch might be expecting us. So be very quiet OK?"

Peering around the bush, Apple Bloom watched as Spot, Orange Blossom, Diamond Tiara, and Silver Spoon crept along the dirt path.

Diamond Tiara held up her hoof and the gang stopped. "Here's the plan, Orange'll dig up some of the witch's plants. Spot, that witch's woodpile needs rearrangement. And Silver Spoon," Diamond threw a can of spray paint to the grey filly. "Use the whole can." Then she picked up some rocks. "Leave the windows to me.

Apple Bloom looked at Button Mash and nodded her head. The colt smiled and pressed a button on a remote.

"Hehehe." The sound of a psychotic killer's laugh began to fill the night.

Spot and Orange Blossom turned around. Fear flooded their eyes.

"GRRRRR!!!" Oak let out a fierce growl from Scootalo's lap.

"Timber Wolves!" Silver Spoon stopped dead in her tracks.

"In October? I...it's j..j..just the wind." Diamond Tiara said.

The sound of a ghost moaning made them jump.

"I'm out!" Orange Blossom galloped into a line of sticky cobweb spray. She let out a blood curling scream and tried to pull the cobwebs from her orange coat.

Apple Bloom raised her hoof. It was the signal! The group of rotten fillies screamed in terror as four things and a small glowing ghost rushed out of the bushes and galloped towards them. Then the cat pulled something off it's back and held it in the air.
From all the commotion, Pumpkin gave the loudest meow in his young life.