• Published 3rd Jun 2014
  • 734 Views, 2 Comments

Lone Wolf III - Bronyraptor26



It was early in the morning I had to stay in my room because Princess Celestia was under the impression that I was in an orphange far away..

  • ...
1
 2
 734

Chapter 5 Howler

I woke up because a guard stormed in shouting something about a fire. Twilight got up and quickly got dressed. She told me to stay here, I looked out the window I could see the smoke rising from the direction of the bakery. I opened the door so I could hear the guards talk about what was going on.

"The bakery are you sure?" One of them said the other nodded as Princess Cadence ran past them.

I wasn't sure what to do, probably because there was nothing I could do. I watched as most of the guards followed, it seemed a little much for just one fire. I was curious about what was going on so I snuck out of the castle and followed Twilight down to where everything was going down. It wasn't just the bakery but an entire block of the city, I was in awe several ponies where panicking while the fire department was trying to put the fires out. I saw Twilight's horn light up and a strong breeze came through and put the fires out. I looked at the bakery it was destroyed out of it came the old griffin and Cres. Neither one of them seemed to be hurt but they were certainly dirty. Cres had black spots from the ash in his mane and his sunglasses were cracked.

"Howler I told you to stay back at the castle!" Twilight yelled as she saw that I was behind her.

"Sorry." I said I was still looking at Cres, Gilda flew down and picked him up.

It wasn't long before we found ourselves with Cres at the castle. Now he was coming with us back to Ponyville until the bakery was rebuilt. It was Twilight's idea it met with resistance by Rarity the two walked off talked came back and Rarity hadn't talked since. Not even when it was time to go. I knew Rarity thought it was a bad idea to have me living with Twilight again but I didn't think she would go this far about it. The two didn't speak even when we got onto the train.

"So what's this school thing about?" Cres asked it about broke almost everypony on board.

"You have never been to school?" Twilight asked concerned

"Nope, but Gilda teaches me things sometimes." He replied I could tell looking out for him was going to be harder than anypony originally thought.

"Well school is a place where kids go to learn." Twilight replied but before she could start a lecture on it Cres had lost interest and instead was messing with the shovel he stole.

"Hey why are you messing with that?" Rarity asked he looked at her

"Why not?" He replied she frowned at his response

"Because it's not proper." She replied and his response what so well crafted I bet not even Celestia would ask it.

"What is proper?" the question caused Rarity to put her hand over her mouth. "I mean you keep saying it but to me it seems like you would have to take into account other ponies perspectives to truly determine that."

"I'm sorry you lost me." Rarity replied but Cres just rolled his eyes and the train came to a stop. We got out and to my surprise Cres had only a backpack while the rest of us suite cases except for Rarity who had enough stuff packed to last the apocalypse.

"Um Cres you packed a little light." I stated he looked at me with a confused look.

"Um this is all I have." He replied which caused Rarity to almost have a panic attack along with Sweetie Belle.

"What!? This must not be quick we must go shopping!" Rarity called out as she grabbed him by his backpack and started dragging him away.

"Wait for me!" Sweetie Belle yelled as she ran after them. I felt sorry for the guy, I mean I've heard stories from Twilight about how Rarity shops and it takes forever.

"How long till we send a rescue party?" Scootaloo asked and Rainbowdash started laughing.

"If he doesn't come back sometime today." Twilight replied as Applebloom and Applejack walked back to the farm.

"We need to throw a welcome back party for Howler! I need to prepare!" Pinkie pie said before bouncing off.

"She isn't serious right?" I asked

"She probably is um we need to get re-settled in." Twilight replied so we started walking to where I thought we would find the library but instead there was a castle.

"Um when did this happen?" I asked in awe as I looked at the giant structure.

"It's a long story I'll tell you later. You'll be sharing a room with Spike for now. So I'll let him show you where it is." and with that she walked off leaving Spike and myself in the maze of hallways. I followed Spike to the room, there were two beds and a bookcase full of gem recipe books.

"Hey Howler have you ever thought that um....well Sweetie Belle was kind of cute?" He asked I couldn't believe he was asking me of all ponies also that it was actually happening.

"What?" I asked for reassurance so could make sure I heard him correctly.

"Forget I said anything so you in the bed on the left." He said I sat my stuff down on the bed and began unpacking. I started putting things in drawers when I found a picture of me and Twilight when I first started living with her. I remember I was rather difficult at the time but at the same time I wished I had never had left.

"You know she's sorry for having to let you go right?" Spike said I looked at him as the door opened and in walked Princess Luna.

"I'm here because thou is my student and needs to be trained." She said I never got used to how she slept in and out of old English.