• Published 3rd Jun 2014
  • 735 Views, 2 Comments

Lone Wolf III - Bronyraptor26



It was early in the morning I had to stay in my room because Princess Celestia was under the impression that I was in an orphange far away..

  • ...
1
 2
 735

Chapter 1 Twilight

I got on the train heading to the Crystal Empire, Princess Cadence had invited me to try and cheer me up after what had happened two months ago. I had a hole in my chest that my mentor had torn, on that faithful night she banished a young colt that I had been caring for because she thought he was clouding my judgment. Ever since that night I hadn’t been able to even smile. My friends had tried everything but none of it had been working. Even my parents had come to visit me to see if there was anything they could do, but Princess Celestia thought I would get over it eventually. I had managed to hang on for this long and I thought for sure that the worst had been put to rest. Spike had decided to tag along as well with Rarity they thought they could come along to reassure me that it was the right decision, but I wasn’t so sure after seeing firsthand what he was capable of when he was engulfed in bloodlust it really changed my mind.

“Twilight relax he’s fine.” Spike said only to have Rarity hit him in the back of the head.

“That’s not helping Spike. Twilight maybe you could get together with Flash Sentry while we’re here.” Rarity said and I perked up a bit, but it didn’t help the emptiness much. Soon the train came to a stop and we left for the castle. I walked along it was around two months ago I had come here with Howler.

“Twilight you need to face the facts Howler is gone and he isn’t coming back.” Rarity said sweetly I wanted to protest but she was right, Princess Celestia had complete control over the situation and there was nothing I could do.

“I guess it serves me right for getting too attached.” I replied Rarity didn’t approve of this at all.

“You gave him hope Twilight and showed him that not everything is so bad so stop beating yourself up over it.” Rarity said

“Besides you always have us.” Spike added he was right after all.

“You all are right I need to pay attention towards my relationship with Flash.” I replied cheerfully.

“Took you long enough Twi.” Shining armor said as we entered the castle. Standing next to him was a young alicorn named Spectra she was the creator of the tree of harmony and was brought back to life through its magic with the help of Howler. Regardless of the memories I made a promise to myself not to think of him for the entire trip. That was as hard as it came. Princess Cadence came in with a smile on her face.

“Twilight, are you alright with Howler being gone?” She asked I looked down at Spike who was trying to signal to cut it out.

“To be honest I miss him more than anything what should I do?” I asked I was crying, why did Princess Celestia have to do this to me.

“Honestly I don’t it’s something that I’m afraid you’ll have to find out for yourself Twilight how to live with it, but if you ever need anypony to talk to I’ll always be there.” Princess Cadence said as she hugged me. We went back to the Crystal Castle my colt friend Flash showed me to my room. I unpacked among the things I brought with me was a picture of Howler and me, it brought me to tears. I laid on my bed and buried my face in a pillow; this whole thing seemed like a bad idea. Last month I thought that I had gotten over him but that wasn’t the case, I just didn’t have time to think about it with Terkit running around. I thought about it for awhile I couldn’t decide what to believe anymore.

“Hello?” a familiar voice said as the door opened I raised my head it was Princess Celestia.

“What do you want?” I sniffed as I sat up.

“Howler was found getting magic lessons from Princess Luna; I thought I would inform you he is now in the city of Las Pegasus.

“Why there?” I asked and she turned away.

“The town is crawling with other werewolves I just thought they would keep him there.” Princess Celestia said I looked back at the picture and made up my mind to get over this no matter what.

“I respect your decision.” I replied Princess Celestia turned her head, with a serious look she nodded with approval before sitting down next to me.

“I told you not to get attached to the project.” She said in a stern voice, I looked down at my lap.

“I tried not to but I couldn’t help it.” I said she moved towards the window.

“Have I ever told you about my parents?” She said I thought about it for a moment

“No, why?” I asked she looked back at me

“There is a reason I hate werewolves Twilight.” She said in a cold tone, it gave me goose bumps.

“Why is that?” I asked

“They killed my parents after we found out they were playing to betray us.” Princess Celestia said the thought made me cringe; I couldn’t see it ever happening. “I’m sorry for having been so hard on you with Howler but it’s pointless to live in the past, you need to look towards your future.” She left the room, I could hear muffled crying as she left I didn’t know if it was her crying about her parents or my condition. I sat there taking in what Celestia had told me for a while before getting up to see if she was okay, the room was locked so I went downstairs. Standing in the front door were my friends with smiles on their faces, in the middle of them stood two young wolfish looking colts, one was Howler, the other was older, wore camo cargo pants, a blue shirt with the word Freedom on it, and sunglasses in his mane. He had a light grey coat and a white long mane. I was over filled with joy.