• Published 10th Apr 2014
  • 639 Views, 0 Comments

A Wedding In Canterlot - ThePrinceOfTheNorth



Secrets Will Be Revealed, As The Wedding of Fate and Elegance approaches...

  • ...
10
 0
 639

Platinum's Sorrow

Chapter 2: Platinum's Sorrow

A knock woke Platinum from her sleep.

She had sensed the strange being before, and that is lacked the fear that ponies had, but left anyway. Now, accompanying the creature was a pony, no, an alicorn! What was this creature plotting? She and her Changelings had kept Equestria safe from the other hives. What did Celestia do when she and Luna came? Took her power, her throne, her dignity and her drones, burning them all to ashes.

At least Celestia seemed to have mellowed with time.

About one thousand years ago, Celestia had approached Platinum. She had been starving and was close to death, but Celestia did not kill her. Instead, she gave some of her love and took Platinum back here, to her quarters, safe from the prying eyes of Equestria.

But now those eyes seemed to have found her.

Reluctantly, Platinum rose from her once beautiful silk bed, now little more than a tattered pile of rags, and made her way to the door. Her disguise was up, as it had always been in case somepony brave enough entered.

She reached out with her magic and turned the handle, accepting her end was probably only seconds away...

~~~~~~~~~~

The door opened to reveal a unicorn that looked to be no more than an adult, but whose presence gave off the feeling of a pony as old as Equestria itself. She looked tired and beaten, and Winter could feel the grief and hate in this changeling's heart.

"I suppose it's over, then," said Platinum with such finality that it forced Luna to cringe, Winter remained posture perfect, as always. "Get it over with, then."

"I beg you pardon, my dear, but we aren't here to kill you," Winter said, much to Platinum's suprise. "We are here to see if you are hostile, in which case we are here to kill you."

Platinum hung her head. "I'm not strong enough to hurt anypony. I don't even have enough magic or love left to undo my disguise." She chuckled to herself. "I've been a unicorn since you and your sister kicked me off the throne and slaughtered my changelings." The last comment more directed at Luna.

"Thy sister did what!" Luna was definitely not in a good mood, as she only talked in Ponisannceian when she was angry.

"Luna, calm," Winter said, "Things have changed, dear Platinum. In fact, I believe that relations with changelings took a turning point for the better when Fate defended Canterlot from the Changeling who is now an ally, like Fate."

"Who is this changeling," asked Platinum.

"Queen Chrysalis," Winter said, causing Platinum's jaw to drop. "What about her?"

Platinum stared blankly at Winter. There was a long silence before Platinum spoke again. "One of my daughters is alive?"

~~~~~~~~~~

Platinum embraced her daughter. She had not seen Chrysalis since Celestia and her guard raided the hive, and was estatic that one of her heirs had survived.

"It brings me great happiness to see you reunited," Celestia said in a loving tone. Fate, who was also there, nodded in agreement.

Platinum turned to Celestia. As much as she hated this alicorn for what she'd done, just being given back one of her daughters meant the world. "Tell me Chrysalis, what of your sisters, Crystalia and Cyndaria?"

Chrysalis suppressed her tears. "Cyndaria was killed when Celestia attacked." Chrysalis glared at Celestia who, for reasons known only to her, looked pained and upset.

Platinum was distraught. "What of Crystalia!?"

"I..I...I," Chrysalis couldn't holdback her tears any longer, and began crying uncontrollably. "I killed her, mother. I KILLED HER! I didn't mean to! She used herself to shield Celestia, the one who had caused you so much pain!"

Platinum was heartbroken, but wasn't angry. "Shh, I forgive you." Platinum began stroking her daughter's mane as she had when Chrysalis had been but a little one.

This caused a memory of a day long past to run through Celestia's mind.

Please, forgive me. Forgive me for everything I've taken that you held dear. I'm sorry, I'm so, so, so, so sorry.

I forgave you long ago, my sister. Just please, please don't go.

Thank you, s..s..sister. Promise a dying mare one thing, please.

Anything for you C...

Celestia was interrupted from her thoughts as she realized Platinum was speaking to her.

"...for all you've done, but I can forgive you, Princess," finished Platinum

Celestian nodded regally. Off in the distance, bells could be heard from Canterlot Chapel.

The wedding was about to begin.