• Published 2nd May 2014
  • 772 Views, 12 Comments

Great, another OctaScratch fic - The Batmane of equestria



When Vinyl and Octavia are put in jail after a bad night at the club, what happens when two peculiar ponies bust them out and send them on an adventure? adventure, alternate universes and a bad attempt at romance. That's what happens.

  • ...
4
 12
 772

I'm The Doctor

Octavia, as per usual, was the first to wake up. The fresh sounds of the morning greeted her. She smiled before closing her eyes tighter. Then she realised something: she was not in her room. Or her house for that matter. She was in a cubic room with concrete walls par one, which was a row of bars. She looked to the wall opposite the bars to see a window. Not a glass window, but a smaller row of bars. The wind seeped through the window, sending a chill down her spine. She was in jail.

She looked around and saw the three other mares laid out on the floor. Vinyl had her limbs splayed outwards with her chest facing the ceiling, Bonbon was curled up in the corner and Lyra was lying on the floor with her head supported by the wall. Strange way to sleep. Octavia thought.

She groaned as she stood and stretched her muscles, eliciting a loud pop from somewhere along her spine.

Vinyl wasn't as gracious as she woke. Instead of slowly opening her eyes like Octavia normally does, she woke with a start. She screamed, her muscles spasming in a way that made her jump into the air slightly and smack her head off the cell floor. "OW!" She looked to her right to see a giggling grey mare. Octavia was desperately trying not to laugh. "What's so funny, Tavi?" Octavia was unable to hold it in much longer. She burst out in a fit of laughter, which woke the other two mares.

Bonbon tensed her muscles, hitting her head off the wall due to her foetal position. Lyra jolted to her hooves, suddenly alert, and shouted "NO MORE EVIL WAFFLES!" The cell was quiet for a moment, then Bonbon, Octavia and Vinyl all burst into laughter, rolling on the floor, much to the embarrassment of Lyra.

They were cut off as a low rumble was heard on the other side of the wall opposite the bars. "Come on, you stupid screwdriver, DESTROY THIS WALL!" came the voice of a middle-aged stallion.

This was followed by a high pitched feminine voice. "Doctor, I'm pretty sure that's not how the sonic screwdriver works..."

"Oh, shush you. It does work like this." The four mares sat in silence as this happened. It was silent, save for the cursing of the masculine voice.

Finally, the feminine voice piped up. "Why don't I just use the explosives?" There was a silence for a few seconds.

"Oh." Another few seconds pause. Then the ticking of a bomb started and they backed away from the wall. The wall imploded, filling the new breech with dust. In the dust cloud, two silhouettes stood. One was an earth pony whilst the other was a pegasus. The two shadows stepped into the light, revealing the earth pony to be a light brown stallion with a dark brown mane, blue eyes and an hour-glass as a cutie mark and the pegasus to be a light grey mare with a blonde mane, yellow eyes facing in different directions and a train of bubbles as her cutie mark.

"Hello, fillies!" the stallion said. "I'm going to break you out of here!"

"Umm, who are you, exactly?" Bonbon asked.

"Oh, where are my manners! I'm Doctor Whooves and this is my lovely travelling companion, Derpy Hooves! And our surnames are spelled differently. Mine begins with a 'W' and Derpy's doesn't." The stallion said.

"Anyway, 'Doctor', why are you breaking us out?" The Doctor suddenly changed his expression to a more serious one.

"Because, if you stay in jail, all of Equestria will be in chaos." The four mares in front of him blinked. Then Vinyl spoke, this time towards Derpy.

"Firstly, Derpy, haven't I seen you before? Secondly, what's up with your eyes? Thirdly, hy would Equestria be in chaos if we stayed here?"

Derpy answered quickly. "1. you probably have seen me before. 2. I was born with these eyes but it doesn't change anything. 3. With you and Octavia here in jail, you two don't create the legendary mix of classical music and club music. This style of music made opposing factions stop wanting to fight, but dance instead. It brings peace to the land and all weapons are destroyed, the griffons make peace with ponykind and that made you two responsible for world peace. Strange, I know." Vinyl and Octavia sat in stunned silence.

Derpy continued. "With you two here, you can't create the mix, and there is nothing to stop conflict in Equestria. We need to break you two out and get you to tomorrow, which is when you make the mix." More silence.

"What about me and Bonnie?" Lyra eventually said.

"Um, we'll take you, too." Doctor said.

"How will you get us to tomorrow?" Octavia asked.

"Simple! We'll take the Tardis!"

"What's a Tardis?" Vinyl interrupted.

"It's a time travelling ship that can also turn invisible and shift through different dimensions. It also teleports." Octavia responded. Everypony in the room stared at her. "What?"

"How did you know what it was?" Doctor asked.

"I saw it on television. It's on one of my favourite TV shows called 'Doctor Who'. Actually, now that I think about it, your name does sound a lot like his. Maybe you're him from a different dimension?" The Doctor sat there, perplexed. After a moment, he shrugged.

"I suppose. Anyway, fillies, we have to go now." The four mares looked at each other before nodding in tandem. "Brilliant! Onwards and upwards! Allons-y!" he broke off in a run with Derpy flapping in tow. The other four mares ran behind them.


The six of them trekked through the thick forest. The Doctor, Derpy and Vinyl seemed to be coping perfectly fine, but Octavia, Lyra and Bonbon were slouching and shuffling rather than walking. "Are we there yet?" said Lyra for what seemed like the bazillionth time that journey.

"Just a bit lon- Ah! Here it is." replied The Doctor as they came to a clearing in the forest, where a small blue box, with the words 'Police Box Public Call' inscribed on top of the door, sat. Vinyl stared blankly at the box.

"You brought us here. Just to see a box." she deadpanned. Despite her wearing shades, The Doctor could feel her glaring at him.

"No, no, no. This isn't just a box! It's the Tardis! The greatest time-travelling dimension-hopping teleporting ship there ever was!" Vinyl was not amused.

"So why are we here?"

"Simple! Let's just get inside!" As soon as he said this, Derpy flew inside and The Doctor followed, leaving a confused group of mares in silence. After a few seconds, The Doctor stuck his head out in an almost comical way. "Come on, then!" One by one, the mares made their way inside slowly.

The second they were inside, they marvelled at what they saw. The inside of the blue box was remarkably large. In the centre, a large glass tube went straight through the centre of a circular control panel built around it. The room was at least two stories tall, the mares entering through the double doors on the top level. There was a deep yellow tint in the room, reaching every corner from a hard to find light source.

Vinyl, as usual, was the first to break the silence. "Woah."

"Woah." The other three echoed.

"She's a beauty, isn't she?" The Doctor asked, more rhetorical than anything. The four mares nodded their agreement, still throwing wondering glances around the room. "Time to get you to tomorrow!"

Octavia snapped back to attention. "Why are we going to tomorrow?" Now The Doctor seemed confused.

"Aren't you more concerned about time-travelling than the motives behind a small jump? No?" Octavia shook her head. "Huh. Oh well. We are going to tomorrow because the police will be looking for you after a prison break. When they can't find you, the order is given to stop the search at 9:37pm but we may as well go forward a whole day so as not to interrupt any sleeping schedules and so no suspicion is raised at your sudden return with your marefriend and two neighbours immediately after the search party for 4 mares breaking out of a federal institute was called off."

Octavia put her hoof up to retort and opened her mouth, but finding herself unable to respond to such an explanation, she lowered her hoof and closed her jaw. "Okay. But how will this affect the future? Won't there be some sort of paradox with us not existing in a time that we are supposed to?"

"No. Of course not. It's a bit of a wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey thing." He tapped several buttons on the central console and the room started to shake. "Onwards and upwards. Allons-y!" Vinyl and Octavia gave each other a look of concern just as the Tardis disappeared from that time zone.