• Published 16th Apr 2014
  • 532 Views, 27 Comments

Redemption - Jack Hooves



With Equestria invaded by creatures no one can explain, they have to fight back or be wiped out.

  • ...
5
 27
 532

Chapter Two: Awoken

I jerked awake coughing up water from my lungs as the person over me stopped doing CPR and backed up to give me room, I looked around blinking as I managed to stop puking up the water, and saw that the ponies around me where dressed in black swim suits, one of them was talking to another one a little ways from me, but loud enough for me to hear.

"He killed three of them sir, isn't that enough?" One said while grabbing his pack from behind a rock.
"Pure luck, he just got lucky.....that's all." The other one said while also getting his back and waived over the other three that were next to me.
"But isn't that all that run on?" He said while leaving that group and walking over to me while I got up shakily.

I stood up fully and looked overhead to see that I was not near the ledge I fell from.
"Why'd you do it?" He asked while throwing me a small handgun, that I caught after nearly dropping it.
"Do what?" I said puzzled by this question from nowhere.
"Distract them so Applejack can escape with the kid?" He said while pulling out a pack of cigarettes, and taking one out slowly while lighting it before it even reached his lips, letting the flame cast a quick light over his red fur and short orange mane that made his green eyes stand out.

"They couldn't defend themselves." I said while shrugging, and taking a cigarette that he offered after I spoke and lit it off of his own.
"You threw yourself at death just because they couldn't defend themselves?" He asked while the glowing red tip of his cigarette was all that was visible in the darkness as the moon was covered by clouds.
"Yes." I said while feeling the pain in my leg beginning to creep in, making it difficult to stand still.
"That's all I needed to know." He said while flicking his cigarette to the river and walked back to his group and began talking to the one he was talking to earlier.

"Did you even look for us?" A faint whisper in the wind said from behind me making the fur on my neck stand up on end.
"Tavi?" I asked while turning around quickly and saw nothing but two glowing red eyes in the utter darkness.
"You didn't even search the house for us.....you're a bastard of a husband, leaving your wife and kid to die all alone in the darkness till the bomb hit our house, you should have died with us." The shadow said while taking a step closer and turning redder as it raised something.

I stumbled backwards crying out as I tripped over a root and shielded my face as nothing hit me or caused me any harm in any way, but left me shook.

"What's going on?" The group leader asked while walking over to me, and looked at me disappointingly while raising his rifle and looked around.
"You?......nothing, a mere trick of the light." I said while wiping the palms of my hands on my jeans and walked off into the woods to clear my mind.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************** "Follow him, and report what you find out.....he just might be of use." The group leader said to the his second in command.
"Yes sir." He said while putting on a muzzle guard and followed after the man they pulled out of the river.
********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

I walked aimlessly till I fell into a ditch, and froze when I heard loud noises on some log above the ditch hanging right above me.
"You think the Iraqis are to blame for this?" A creature said to another one.
"Could be some desolate place in Afghanistan we're in." The other one said while throwing a bottle off the log, and nearly hit me as it landed with a dull thud.

"I dunno.....think Bin Laden planned this? You know some nerve gas that is fucking with us?" The first one said while lighting a match that revealed his face for a second, and his uniform.

"That's a good theory, who knows, maybe these so called ponies are secretly planning a attack!" The other one said while laughing and nearly losing his balance.
" Then what do you say?" The first one said while waving his cigarette that now lit.
"I say that we just got lost and stumbled into a incest ridden al-qaeda group that is too dumb to defend itself........look I know your new and all, but lifes tough, here in Afghanistan it's either be killed or kill, And I choose to kill, besides would you rather it be fought here or in america where your wife and child could be in harms way, and besides.......these women make pretty nice whores if you know what I mean." The other one said while elbowing his partner in the ribs who burst out laughing.

"You are a sick fucker ma......" He slumped forward after he was cut off mid sentence, and fell into the ditch with the other one tumbling in trying to catch him.

THWAP!! THWAP!! THWAP!!

That was all I heard as I saw three small tranquilizers sticking out the back of the one that was trying to stand up before he simply lay still and began to snore.