• Published 8th Apr 2014
  • 491 Views, 27 Comments

A New Ruler - ThePrinceOfTheNorth



Ella was just an average girl living in New York. One day, everything changed...

  • ...
10
 27
 491

Chapter 7: The Royal Court

Chapter 7: The Royal Court

I woke up just after Ted. He was practically yelling about my changes and how beautiful I was, which kinda made it hard to stay asleep. Luna and Winter had stayed the entire night, and Luna was now busy trying to calm down Ted.

“Don’t bother,” I said as I rolled out of the bed, “Once he gets excited about something, he doesn’t stop until I kiss kim.” At saying that Ted calmed down and stood still.

“I see,” said Luna.

“Indeed,” said Winter in agreement, “Now, let’s go to the dinning hall. The others are waiting for us.”

“Others,” I asked.

“Oh, you know,” Winter replied as he oppened the doors to the hallway, “Celestia, Cadence, Shining Armor, Twilight Sparkle, Snow, you know, the royals.”

“Of course,” I said, wanting to facehoof, “Who else?”

We proceeded down the hallway toward the dinning hall. The guards were about to open the door when Luna motioned for them to wait.

“There’s somthing I must ask of you,” she said, but I already knew the question.

“Don’t worry, Luna,” I said, “I’m not that kind of girl. I promise.” Luna smiled at me, acknowledging the fact that I knew what she was afraid of.

“Well, this is going to be a first,” said Winter.

“First,” I asked curiously.

“Well, this is the first time I’ll be meeting Twilight,” Winter replied, “I’ve been all around Equestria and Ponyville, but I’ve never run into Twilight. Wierd, right?”

“Wierd indeed,” I said with a nod as the guards opened the doors.

In the hall were Celestia, Cadence, Shining Armor, Snow, and Twilight Sparkle. As I’d expected, Ted sat down right beside Cadence, causing Shining Armor to mumble something under his breath as Ted said somthing that made Cadence laugh. Luna and Winter took up the seats the had the day before, and Celestia and Snow were already seated where they were the day before.

“Um, may I sit beside you,” I asked Celestia.

“Please, do,” Celestia replied with a smile. I walked over and sat down beside Celestia.

“Um, what is that,” Twilight said, motioning toward Winter.

“I am a species native to the far north,” Winter said.

“Oh,” said Twilight, “And what species would that be?”

“Human,” Winter replied bluntly as he levitated a sandwich to himself, “And for your information, I am Prince John Winter.”

“Oh my,” said Twilight, shocked, “You’re Prince Winter?! I..I..I’m sorry for being so rude, I...”

Twilight, it’s okay,” Winter said in a sweet voice, “I expected you to react the way you just did. No harm done.” A look of relief passed over her face. I remember from the show that Twilight has the tendency to feel bad about making bad first impressions.

“Perhaps we should eat before beginning this meeting,” suggested Winter. Everypony nodded in agreement.

I examined the food on the table. There were flowers, paistries, things one would expect a pony to eat for breakfast. There was also a jug of milk.

“More mother’s milk,” I asked, turning to face Celestia.

“No, just normal milk, also donated,” she replied. I moved some flowers and bread onto my plate, and filled my glass with milk.

I suddenly heard Celestia begin giggling as I drank some milk. I looked up to see almost everypony staring at me with a puzzled look on their faces. I lowered the glass away from my mouth, “Did I do something wrong?”

Celestia was preoccupied in a laughing fit and had fallen over, Luna had a smile on her face and was looking at Celestia, Shining Armor and Ted were staring at me with a look that seemed questioning, and Twilight’s jaw was hanging open, which left only Cadence and Winter.

I lowered the glass to the table, “Cadence, Winter, would one of you care to tell me what’s going on.”

“Celestia just finished telling us you didn’t yet know how to use your magic,” Cadence said, “And you just made yourself breakfast.”

I looked down at my plate and realised she was right.

“I expected as much,” Winter said, “Blood Magic does have it’s perks. Increased development is one of them, but your mana expenditure was very low. It seems you have a great amount of magical potential, but let’s discuss that after we eat.”

It took awhile for everypony to come back to their senses, and then we resumed breakfast as if nothing had happened.

“So, down to business,” WInter said once everyone had finished eating, “We must first decide what to do with Ella and Ted.”

“Could I stay here,” Ted asked. Winter looked at Cadence and Shining Armor, who both nodded their approval, “You may stay, Ted. Now, what about you, Ella. I think you might need a lesson in Equestrian history.”

“What about Ted,” I asked.

“He gave us a recital of my book without even reading it,” Winter said, “I think he’s covered.”

I thought for a moment before turning to Twilight, “Would I be able to stay with you, Twilight?”

Twilight blushed when I asked her the question, but nodded, “I would be honored if you’d stay with me in Poyville.”


“Then it’s settled,” Winter said, “Now, Ella, Ted, you two wait outside, we must discuss on how to deal with Starlight, the one responsible for turning you and many others against their will.”

We waited for about an hour before Winter, Luna and Twilight exited the Dinning hall.

“So, what’s going to happen to Starlight,” I asked.

“She has learned her lesson already,” Winter said, “Her time on Earth has changed her. Now, Twilight will be taking you to Ponyville.”

“Okay,” I said, “It was a pleasure to meet you.”

“Likewise,” said Winter, “Oh, and take this.” He handed me satchel containing a book with strange markings on it.

“What is it,” I asked.

“My book of Blood Magic spells,” Winter replied, “Only the ones that aren’t harmful or permanent, though. The temporary age regrression can be used for you to attend school if you wish.”

“Thank you,” I said gratefully, “I’ll make sure I learn it.”

“Good,” said Winter with a smile, “Now Twilight has asked me to give her a tour of Solstice, and I’ve decided their’s no time like the present. Would you like to come with us?” I nodded, “I do kinda wonder what human architecture in Equestria looks like.” He motioned for me to follow and the four of us went to the balcony.