• Published 6th Apr 2014
  • 1,596 Views, 14 Comments

My Little Pony: The Guardians of Harmony - The Eternal Dragon



Six young men are about to get the biggest challenge of their Lives.

  • ...
9
 14
 1,596

Ghosts 'n Ponies

The boys were able to settle in their new homes after about a week later. Despite their new status the townsfolk of Ponyville didn’t seem to take much notice though.

“You know,” Andrew said as they were eating breakfast, “I would think with our new positions, the people here would, you know, treat us with some kind of notability, or something.”

“Yea it does seem strange how they were just so accepting of us, especially considering we’re not ponies.” Zack responded. “It’s also been pretty quiet on this whole guardian front, I don’t think they asked for any of our help since we’ve been here.” That all changed with a knock on the door. Andrew got up to answer it and found Twilight on the other side.

“Ah, Timmy, just the guy I was looking for,” Twilight said, mistaking him for his brother.

“What? No, I’m Andrew,” correcting her, “I really don’t understand why people keep mistaking us, we don’t look that alike.” He motioned her to come inside sit down at the table. Upon seeing her Timmy asked.

“So, what bring you here?”

“Well, I was looking at some documents relating to that box.”

“Oh you mean the one that was by that tree when we first got here?” Bryson interrupted.

“Yes that box,” She responded with an annoyed look on her face. “Anyway I believe I can find more clues for opening it at the princesses’ old castle.”

“Oh the big building we saw on the way out of the forest.” Bryson said, interrupting her yet again.

“Yes, that castle,” She acknowledged, getting more peeved off. “While I certainly can take care of myself, I decided you should come along and help, considering you haven’t done anything since coming here.”

“Hey to be fair you never have spoken to us at all since we’ve been here.” Timmy refuted, “And besides, why should I help if you don’t really need it?”

“Because she asked.” Andrew answered.

“That not a very good answer.”

“Actually, it is,”-He showed them a book he had been reading for the past week-“You see, this a book that Princess Celestia gave me when we got into this so-called house.”

“What? Why didn’t you show it to us?”

“Well I didn’t you guys would be interested, it’s fairly long. But what is important is that a job of ours to do whatever they asked, as long as it remains reasonably. So, basically you have to go.”

“Well, I guess you win this round princess.” Timmy sighed at the fact of being used for labor. “Just let me finish up breakfast here and then we’ll roll out.” The six continued eating, sharing some of their food to Twilight. After a while they finished up and Timmy got ready to head out to the castle with her. The two walked through the Everfree Forest and eventually found themselves at the door of the castle.

“Well, ladies first.” Motioning her to go forward. But the pony shook her head.

“Oh no, you’re not getting off that easily,” she said with a smirk, “Why you go first?”

“Fine, but if I get killed, you owe my brother.” He opened the big gates causing a loud creaking sound which echoed throughout the main hall. He motioned her to come follow him. As the two walked Timmy could see how much wear this castle had been through. The entire place was illuminated by the sun giving a bright look while still feeling drab. I suppose it’s good that we’re here in the daytime, I’d hate to be here during the night. They continued walking until they found the library, giving Twilight a lot of excitement.

“Oh wow! Look at how many books are there, there must at least a thousand of them!”

“Oh come on, they’re just books, no need to get that excited.”

“You don’t understand, we might find the way for you and your friends to get out of her.”

“Whatever, I don’t know about you, but I prefer to take action for own problems, not sitting and reading some books.” He leaned his back down on a stone wall, but unexpectedly push down a secret panel. The opening wall caused him to fall down on his back.

“Ow!”

“Well, I guess you not so tough after all.” Twilight chuckled to herself. Looking through the open passage she spotted a book laying on a pedestal. She walked up to it and blew off the dusting collecting on it. The cover read, “The Royal Diary”. “Wow, this is incredible. Hey look it the princesses diaries from when they lived her.” She showed it to Timmy, who just rolled his eyes.

“Sure, go ahead and invades someone’s private thoughts, I’m sure they’d like that very much. If you need me, don’t, I’ll just go and explore this castle some more.”

“What? Why, I thought you weren’t interested in this place.”

“Well exploring, is sure going to be a lot better than sitting around here all day while you read, so I’ll just have to make the most of it.” He began to make his way out of the library, “Besides, you should be safe here, where the so-called monsters can’t get you.” Thankful to not have to wait around he started his search around the castle’s interior. It certainly had a nice flair to it. You know, this would be such a bad place if they just spruced it up a little.

There were some very interesting places within the building, such as an entire hall with ancient armor sets. He was amazed at the detail at each set and how they were unique to one another, as if it showcased the different personalities between the ponies that wore them. Next he found himself back in the room where the two thrones stood. He remembered how Celestia was forced to banish her sister to the moon for a thousand years. However, it did not seem to be a memory he knew he had.

“What? How do I know that?” He pondered for a moment. “Of course, that drink the Discord fellow gave us gives us memories of important events for those six ponies.” He couldn’t help but wonder though, why them? He never considered himself to be an important person when it came to dealing with such important responsibly. Well with the exception of leading his football team to a championship.

Man, I kind of feel bad for Twilight. She clearly the leader of that little team they got going for them, and I believe she is a princess, just like those other we met. I understand how that must feel, being the one that everyone looks at, to be the one that gets things done.

“You know what, maybe I’ve been too hard on her, the guys and I should really be making an effort to make thing easier for everyone.” With a new resolution he started to make his way back to the library. The place was beginning to get dark and the sun was setting. But for some reason he had the feeling that someone, or something was watching him from the shadows.

That uneasy feeling was troubling him so much that he stopped to look around, when it seemed that nobody was near he was about to start walking when a force rushed by, pulling down a lever, opening the floor below him.

“Oh not again!” he screamed as he fell down, landing in an enclosed room. “Oh no, this isn’t good.”

Meanwhile, Twilight had been reading the diary of the princesses, she completely engrossed in the stories it had to tell. It felt like she was learning more about Celestia and Luna, how they dealt with normal life when they weren’t in battle for the fate of Equestria. Reading this gave her a more intimate look at her mentor, even seeing the signs of Luna turning to Nightmare Moon.

“Huh, it’s hard to believe this all happened over one thousand years ago. It feels like yesterday when I first met the girls and we found our destinies with the elements of harmony.” However, she was surprised when she heard a terrifying scream echo out. “What was that? It sound like it was… No it couldn’t be.” The voice sounded a lot like Timmy’s so see put down the book and slowly trotted out of the library. She carefully looked around for signs of what might have happened, when a loud sound of brick breaking caught her by complete surprise.

“Timmy? It that you?” she spoke into the darkness,” If it is, it’s not funny.” But she was greeted by two glowing eyes piercing through the shadows. She stood still, paralysis by fear. Who is this? Or better yet, what is it? Before she had time to finish her thought, the thing attack with a dark whip shooting out of shadow. Before it was able to grab her she was pushed aside by a heavy body.

“Ah!” Looking up she was glad to see Timmy on top off her.

“Are you OK!” He yelled to her, trying to make sure she wasn’t hurt.

“I’m fine.” Looking to her side another attack was coming. “Watch out!” This time a series of magical dark bolts shot out. But Timmy was able to block most of them, while dodging the others. “Whoa, how can you do that?”

“No time, quick follow me.” He began running down the hall, towards the library.

“I don’t get it. This isn’t the way out.” She asked the fleeing man.

“Yea, well it’s not like can just run the other way, besides just trust me, I know another way out. The two ran down the hallway of armor sets. There he was able to lead them back into the main hall. There they were met with the mysterious shadow figure. “Go!” Timmy shouted to Twilight. “I’ll distract it!” He ran towards to shadowy figure as she ran down the hall. Looking back she saw him knocking out the bolts shooting out. However a stray shot hit him dead center on the chest sending Timmy flying back a few yards. Before he could hit the ground she used her magic to catch him and bring him to the gates.

“Are you alright?” she asked, putting him down.

“Yea, I’ll be find, c’mon let’s get out of her.” The two bolted out the gates and kept running into the darkness until they found themselves at the entrance of the Everfree Forest.

“What was that” Twilight spoke, while still gasping for air.

“I don’t know,” he responded, “All that matters now is we’re safe”

“What? How do you know it’s not following us right now?”

“Just trust me, if it wanted to hurt you, it probably would have done by now.”

“Alright then,” after managing to catch her breath again she said, “Thanks for what you did there. What happened to you anyway?”

“Well, at first he got me into one of those traps in the castle.” He answered

“But how did you get out?”

“Thankfully, the room had quite a bit of wear, so I just chose what seemed to be a weak point and broke out.”

“So that explains the noise, but blocking those magical shot, I’ve never seen a non-unicorn do that before.”

“Well, I guess I must be special, because all I did was counter them with pure strength.”

“Wow.” Pondering over his apparent ability. “Look, I’m sorry I gave you such a hard time before.”

“I suppose I too should apologize. But if we’re going to keep doing this, it’s not going to work out for anyone. We need to work together, without arguing all the time if my friends are going get home.”

“Agreed. Truce?” She extended her hoof to him.

“Truce.” Meeting it halfway. “You don’t know how bad I want to go home. But that doesn’t I should make friends.”

“Ok then it settled, I’ll go tell the girls to try and make a better effort to get to know you guys.”

“Great! Then I’ll make sure they come to accept our agreement.” The two went off their separate ways, and Timmy eventually made his way back to the house. Opening the door, he was met with the guys just finishing off dinner.

‘Oh, Timmy, so nice for you to join us.” Zack called out to his friend. “For a moment there we almost thought you weren’t going to come back.”

“Yea, as it turns out that castle was much more dangerous than I thought.”

“Here,” Andrew pulled out a chair for his brother to sit on. “Why don’t to tell us what happened.” He sat down and told them of the inner workings of the castle. How there were traps and antique that certainly saw better days. Then he informed them of the mysterious shadow pony that attacked them.

“Whoa, sorry for sending you out there like then,” Andrew apologized, “If I had known…”

“Don’t worry, its fine. But I do have a statement to make. Twilight and I have come to an agreement, we going have to make an active effort on trying to get to know the others.”

“What, since when did you become friends with her.” Bryson asked, “Last I checked you were at each other’s throats.”

“Well considering she saved my life, I think that fine with me. Besides they’re not bad, if we gave them a better chance, things will work themselves out.”

“I guess there’s not much choices is there?” Andrew spoke directly to his brother. “And I suppose someone who saves your butt, is cool with me.” The others followed suit, agreeing to this alliance. Soon after everyone had gone to bed, Timmy got out a journal he picked up on the way back. Writing in it a recollection of what had transpired.

Well, I’m not really sure how to begin these kinds of things. But I suppose this is going to be a rather permanent place we’ll be living in. The castle that Twilight made me go into it has a rather dark secret that may prove to become quite a threat in the near future. But it doesn’t seem like I’ll face it alone. Today, I’ve learned that even though you may not like the people you’ll work with. But when it matters the most you just have to put your differences aside and work together. I only hope the others agree with me.