• Published 6th Apr 2014
  • 1,596 Views, 14 Comments

My Little Pony: The Guardians of Harmony - The Eternal Dragon



Six young men are about to get the biggest challenge of their Lives.

  • ...
9
 14
 1,596

Project Ponyway

“How’d I get myself into this?” Kendall couldn’t help but ask, as he stood still for Rarity to tweak his suit.

“When you said we need new clothes, which in any case is 100 percent true.” Timmy said, leaning on one of the chairs with his arms crossed. “You know we all have to do this anyway right?”

“I was just hoping that she might have had some mannequins for something like that for this, that’s all.”

“If you don’t mind lifting up your arms, darling.” Rarity commanded him and he obligated.

“You do know that we live in a world where any living being, minus Spike, walks on four legs. Where’s she going to get molds for that?”

“Fine, next time we all get together remind to tell everyone to help make that. Anything that doesn’t make me do this ridiculous outfitting.” Their conversation was interrupted by a ring at the door. “Oh great, now someone can see me like this.”

“Oh dear, I’m awfully busy right now, I wonder who that could be.” Rarity had a worried look on her face, thinking of who the visitor might be.

“Relax, both of you. I’ll just tell the pony to come back later, unless it’s one of the guy’s…” Timmy voice trailed off as he left and headed downstairs to greet the guest. Opening the door he saw a rather peculiar pony. She had a strange dress and a white mane. “Uh, who are you?”

“It is I… Photo Finish.” She paused to contemplate Timmy, scanning him up and down. Where is Rarity, is she no longer here?”

“Oh no, I’m just one of her customers, she’s upstairs with a client of hers.”

“Great! I shall meet her this instant.” She started to quickly move up the stairs before being stopped by Timmy.

“Whoa there, I said she was with a client. I don’t think that it would be a good idea to…”

“Nonsense! She told me that this client of hers was worth looking.”

“I’m sure that great and all. Wait, what?” Timmy’s puzzled look and pause was enough her Photo Finish to slip by and enter the room. “Rarity, where is this model star you speak of.”

“Why he’s right here.” Rarity gestured at the fully uniformed Kendall.

“Wait, what are you talking about? You never said anything about modeling.” Kendall was taken aback that she never warned him about any unwanted guests.

“I’m quite sorry about that dear, but when I first looked at you in this suit, I just had to let somepony know.” Timmy came through the door after processing the information from before.

“Sorry guys, I tried to tell…”

“It’s not a problem dear. This is a good friend of mine and I told her to come and see your friend, Kendall.” She gestured toward Photo Finish and she dropped down her camera set, which popped out into its full form.

“Now show me the da magicks!” She look through her camera waiting for him to get into a suitable pose. Behind her Rarity was trying to give him some pose to use. He didn’t respond to those attempts, first being that he was still peeved at the whole set-up, and secondly that these poses would be better suited for someone who was on four legs. Instead he just crossed his arms and gave a small pout. “Perfect!” Photo gave a shot.

“What!? I wasn’t even trying.” He changed his expression, arms out with a shocked look on his face.

“Even better! That poise and pizazz even rivals flootershy.” Snapping another photo, she continued doing so as Kendall exchanged new looks, bewildered that he apparently had the “model’s charm” Rarity was beginning to get worried, she knew what happened the last time she recommended a friend to be a model. Of course she learned her lesson about holding back her feelings towards a friend, so she should be able to handle it if it were to come again. “And this suit is magnificent!” That line piqued her interest however.

“Really you like this. I mean, it’s not something that a pony could wear or anything like that.”

“Miss Rarity, modeling is more than just the dress. Ponies come to see the models and their stuff.”

“Yea I’m really doubting anyone will be going out to buy these thing.” Timmy said. “Seriously man this is starting to get awkward, maybe we should skip out of here.”

“Wait! I must ask you one more thing” Photo Finish interrupted their attempt to leave. “You must model for my line this season.”

“Hey, it’s not that I don’t like you, but I’m not really into…”

“And Rarity, you must create a wardrobe just for him.” She ignored him and went straight to Rarity as if he had accepted.

“Oh that is such a big offer, and quite the tremendous challenge.” Rarity squealed with excitement before calming herself down.

“Indeed, but if anypony could do it, then it will be you.”

“Wait, I haven’t agreed to anything yet. I think I should have some say on my own job offer.” Kendall intervened, making sure that nobody got too crazy. “I’m not even sure that I want this."

“Oh but you have to.” Rarity did a cute face at him. “This opportunity is important for me and you have such talent for being a model, it would be such a shame to let that waste.” Kendall painfully contemplated the decision. He didn’t want to hurt anyone’s feeling and that face right there.

“Well, will I get paid?” Can’t help but ask for something.

“Of course, all my employees get properly compensated.”

“I guess when you put it like that. Ok I accept your offer.” With a hand and hoof shake they two boys were able to leave and get home. At the dinner table they discussed those events and by discussed, they poked fun at Kendall.

“You really accepted a job like that. That one of the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard.” Zack could barely get his words out from his laughter.

“Yea, what are they going to have you do? This?” Bryson began to use poses based on stereotypical looks that a model from the human world would do.

“Oh ha-ha real funny” Kendall responded with a sarcastic tone. “At least I’m getting out looking for a job to support us.” The guys continued their fun and dinner. By the end only Andrew and Kendall remained at the table when everyone else went to bed. “Why are you still here?”

“Oh you know, just a slow eater that all.”

“C’mon man, you have something to tell me.”

“Ah you know me only too well. It just that this whole modeling thing strikes me as strange, don’t you think?”

“What do you mean?”

“Come on I know you. You’re Kendall the basketball player, not Kendall the supermodel.”

“I could try new thing you know.”

“True, but I know in your heart that not what you’re thinking.”

“Fine, but I don’t even know how much further in life I’ll go with that. Plus Rarity is a good persuader.”

“Alright, fine by me. But remember this don’t ever do anything for the money, because once you do it’s hard to get out. Well I guess you should head to bed, got a long day ahead of you.” With one final word, the two cleaned up the table and headed to bed. As it would turn out being a model isn’t easy. Aside from the uncomfortable dresses and suits, there’s also the photo shoots that require so many poses and rehearsals for the runway.

“Man this is so much work.” Kendal told Rarity as she was getting him fitted for another outfit.

“Oh what are you talking about, this opportunity doesn’t come around often to someone like you.”

“Maybe Andrew was right, this isn’t for me. It’s not that there hard work, I mean the same could be said when I hit the court. But at least that’s something I really enjoy, this not so much.”

“Oh nonsense it’s just an acquired taste that’s all. And this new line will help me so much get attention from the fashion leaders of Equestria.”

“Well, I guess anything for a friend.” He didn’t want to disappoint Rarity or let her down on her fashion line. That didn’t mean he wasn’t vocal about disliking it however. If Rarity didn’t know any better, she’d think he was some sort of diva. The night before the big show, Kendall was resting up at the house. The entire week had been gruesome and tiring on his body. Thankfully there was no work for today, since everything had been taken care of.

“Man Kendall you awfully tired there man.” Timmy said. “I suppose you could say this is harder on you than the last basketball season.”

“Now that was just plain terrible. At least I’m getting paid for this.” He winced in pain as he tried to stretch out his back. “Doesn’t make it any less painful though.”

“I thought you played for the love of the game?” Andrew asked. “That seemed enough to get you through the year.”

“Of course, it’s just that if I don’t love something, I better get compensated for it.” He grabbed an ice pack out of the fridge and placed it on his shoulder. “And it is nice to help out a friend.”

“Didn’t know you considered her one. And I don’t think that a friend makes another friend do something they don’t want to do.”

“Ok, maybe she might’ve been a bit pushy about this whole thing, especially since she has so much to gain out of it. But I wouldn’t worry too much about it, by the end of tomorrow I will be hanging it up as they say.” The next day Kendall found himself waiting in the backstage for his turn. While there, he was surprised that Fluttershy paid him a visit.

“Um, hello there.” She said in a meek voice. Fluttershy hadn’t gotten used to each of the guys as the all acted so strange to what she had become accustomed too. “Are you nervous?”

“Nah, I perfectly fine.” He really was, pressure and stress weren’t things that got in his way. “Say, if I recall correctly you helped out Rarity with modeling before, Right?”

“Oh yes. And it was awful. I suppose it didn’t with my shyness or anything.”

“I guess it wasn’t for you. With a name like that I’m surprised that you even accepted the offer in the first place.”

“Anything for a friend. Though I did learn a valuable lesson in being honest about you feelings, even if you’re worried about theirs.”

“Trust me I’ve been very upfront about my feelings about this whole modeling business. After this is all said and done, no more for me.”

“That’s too bad you were really great at it. But I suppose that if it’s not what you want, then you should do it.” A voice called out to get Kendall’s attention. “Oh, it looks like your needed. I’ll just make my way to the audience now.” As she left, he could shake the feeling about what she said.

Hmm that really kind of her. Coming back here even though that’s out of her comfort zone. More so, she’s so accepting with what I want. What a kind pony.

With that he made his way out to the runway. There was a full crowd of ponies there to see him and the other models. Thankfully, unlike Fluttershy’s time, he never achieved much fame. Fine by him as this would be the only time anyone saw him like this. Picking out the crowd he could see the mane six and on the other side the guys were there as well. Make sense to him, even if they didn’t any interest in this, they’ll always be there for him.

After the showing everything seemed to be a success. Everypony like the designs and all the models got their respective praise. Getting out of the suit felt like taking a weight off of Kendall’s shoulders. Finally all of this was done and he could go back to doing what he loves. However it seems that Photo Finish had other plans.

“That was amazing. You charm and poise were second to none.”

“Why thank you. I always try to do my best.”

“Please, you must become my full-time model.”

“Yes you must.” Rarity added in.

“Whoa there. I don’t think this is all for me.”

“What! But this talent cannot go to waste.” Photo was shocked to see him give up so easily. “With my help you could be a star.”

“Please, you should reconsider. For a friend?” Rarity gave her best face to him.

“Sorry, but this isn’t me. I know we’re friends and all but I don’t think friends make someone do something they don’t want to do. Thanks to Fluttershy I know that now.”

“Oh dear, I didn’t force this on you that much did I?”

“You kind of did. Other than not telling me about Miss Photo Finish here, and the whole modeling thing I thought you understood my disdain here.”

“I’m terribly sorry, it’s just that my dresses and the suits for you were helping my get some attention in the fashion world, I must have ignored your desires.” She sighed and looked down at her hooves. “I suppose I haven’t been a friend at all.”

“It’s ok, it wasn’t all that bad. I had some fun, just as I don’t ever do it again.” He looked at Photo Finish and politely said, “I’m sorry, but I’m going to have to decline your offer. I appreciate it and you’re a very nice pony, but I think there are better paths for me to take.”

“I understand. This business is not for everyone. Thank you and good-bye.” She left leaving the two still in the backstage.

“Again, I’m so sorry. I never meant to use you in anyway.”

“That’s all cool with me. You just got distracted with the potential gain, like how the money drew me in even though I never cared for all this.”

“Really? You’re going to forgive, just like that?”

“You never wronged me in the first place. I’m the one who said yes to the suit.”

I guess it must be my turn to write in this journal. Well it’s been an interesting week with being a model. Though I still don’t get how I would be any good, considering the ponies can’t wear what I wear. I have to admit I certainly know how to dress in style. There’s even some things Rarity and I took out of this. You shouldn’t make a friend do something they don’t want to do or are comfortable with. And if you’re going to do something, do it because you love it, not for any personal gain.