• Published 30th Apr 2014
  • 3,345 Views, 33 Comments

Equestria: Mata Nui saga - RevengeS197



mata nui has been buried in a forgotten world and is brought back by ponies. knowing he is the last of his kind he must live with the current inhabitants.

  • ...
5
 33
 3,345

Act One: Chapter 2: "We Are The Same"

As I awoke, the others started to regain consciousness, I began taking in our surroundings. Clearly it has been a few hours…or at least I think it is, so I walked outside on the balcony. The guards tensed up around me, that could be forgiven as they don't know what to expect from me. Hmm... So its morning, a full fourteen to fifteen hours, it felt like a few minutes in the dreamscape. Despite that, the castle itself is interesting especially this one, I suppose without gates it could pose a problem but seeing that these ponies seem peaceful enough and with their guards, their protectors would watch over their rulers.

"You can come out now" I said, not taking my gaze from the scenery. I heard hoofsteps approaching until Princess Celestia stopped next to me and sat down. I took a glimpse at Celestia as she started to gaze upon the land, like I was.

ΩΩΩΩ

(Celestia's PoV)

"You can come out now" Mata Nui said. I slowly trotted next to him and sat down, his gaze facing the village. I did the same as him, overlooking the village. There was silence between the two of us, so I decided to speak. "Is there-" we both said at the same time.

"Sorry, you were saying" I replied sincerely.

"No- no what were you going to say, Princess Celestia" He replied.

"There's no need for formalities, you may call me Celestia."

"Alright, Celestia. What was it you wanted to ask?" He looked at me, with those magnificent blue eyes, as I looked back.

"Um..." Focus, focus what was I about to say? Oh yes. "My concern was if this 'Makuta' was your brother, what happened to him? What caused him to turn so evil?" I asked.

“Teridax was his real name, Makuta was the name of his species. He was always loyal, but seeing how the matoran only worshiped me. I was too blind at that time to see that he had started to get jealous, and he had hidden these emotions from me. By the time I realized what was going to happen, it might have been too late, but I always kept an eye on him. I started to get glimpses of the future knowing that he would turn against me, I found only one way to prevent it..." surely he doesn't mean, he... "I had the Toa stop him, but let’s finish another time"

I put a wing on his back, he looked at me and raised a metallic eyebrow. I looked away and blushed "Mata nui, you can't change the past, you can only hope to look forward to your future" I looked back at him, I saw the pain in his eyes. But when he looked at mine...

"You've been through this before?" he asked, I nodded. I started to tell him what happened a thousand years ago when my younger sister Luna was jealous and hid it from me and became Nightmare Moon.

“When my- our little ponies started to worship me instead of her, since she had no one to look at her night sky and thus she was envy of me, she changed becoming Nightmare Moon. I tried to tell her that she needed to stop before she hurt anypony, she threatened to keep this land in eternal darkness. I had no choice but to use the elements of harmony to banish her to the moon for a thousand years”

ΩΩΩΩ

(Mata Nui PoV)

It might have been a gesture of some sort when she put a wing on me. During the time I listened to her story on what happened to Luna. "but after she came back my student; Princess Twilight and her friends found the Elements of Harmony and cleansed her of nightmare moon, I have my sister back thanks to her and her friends" once she finished she turned her gaze to me and I looked away, something about her seemed... "Mata nui is there something wrong?" she asked, with concern in her voice.

"It's nothing that concerns you, Celestia,” I sighed, “and nothing I could do could have prevented it". I probably shouldn't have said that, she used her wing to turn my head and look me straight in the eyes, she looked serious and concerned at the same time.

"It's not nothing Mata Nui, what is wrong? could have prevented what?" she asked with concern in her eyes. So many thoughts running through my mind, but I couldn't tell her. But when I see her eyes, it's like a peaceful meadow...I had to tell her.

*Sigh* "It's about Teridax..." she nodded, probably telling me to 'go on' "I killed my brother" I muttered quietly, just enough for her to hear only. She removed her wing from me and took a step back, I don't know what it was, but it made feel horrible for telling her that, even though these ponies seem really peaceful.

"Don't tell the others...” I said “not yet at least" with that said and done I looked over the edge. It was probably one to two stories high, so I walked to the edge near the wall and jumped to slide down the castle. Given that if I tried to leave the castle from the inside, I surely would get lost without having a guide. I grunted as I landed and I took a stroll through the village collecting my thoughts.

ΩΩΩΩ

(Celestia PoV)

When I heard what he said, he killed his own brother. I moved away from him before I realized what I did, I was gonna go back to reassure him, but he said "Don't tell the others... not yet at least" And he just left. ‘Stupid, stupid, stupid’ I walked back inside, were I was met with my sister along with Twilight and her friends.

"I am sorry, but myself and Luna have some business to attend to at Canterlot, guard?" I looked at them briefly. "Please have a chariot waiting outside for me and my sister."

"Yes, your majesties" the guard saluted and left.

"So, what were you talking about, Celestia?" Twilight asked.

"He will tell us later when he is ready, but for now I think he needs to vent out his emotions" ‘Which I caused, Ugh...’ "Why don't all of you try and cheer him up in the meantime. Come along Luna, time to go" we trotted out until we were in the halls. Luna was looking at very oddly at me during the time between us leaving the castle and entering the chariot, by the time the chariot took off I’d had enough "Is there something wrong, Luna?" we both stared at each other before she narrowed her eyes at me.

"*Gasp* you like him, don't you?" she pointed out, in turn I blushed and look away. "Huzzah!!! Celestia likes Mata Nui-!" I cut her off.

"No, I don't Luna, we barely met" I stuttered out. "i-is it really that obvious?" I asked.

"Yes it is, Sister" it was then myself and my sister started to talk about Mata Nui on the chariot ride back to Canterlot.

ΩΩΩΩ

(Twilight's PoV)

"So we have to cheer up Mata Nui” I said to the girls “that should be easy. So…uh, any ideas?"

"Ooh-ooh-ooh, pick me!!!" Pinkie said while bouncing around me, I used my magic to grab hold of her.

"Yes, Pinkie?" I asked as I set her down in front of me.

"How about we throw him a PARTY!?" Pinkie asked, the whole gang agreed and somehow Pinkie manage to take us right inside
Sugercube Corner. Don't ask me how, it's just Pinkie being Pinkie. "No it's not Twilight, the author here is being too lazy to write down all our lines. Tsk-tsk-tsk, shame on you, Revenge" we still have no clue who she was talking to, and let her make this party while the rest went to gather the neighbors.

"Neighbors *giggle* get it, Twilight? NEIGH-bors?" Okay...? And I went to go get Mata Nui so I can bring him to the party, hopefully without ruining the surprise.

ΩΩΩΩ

(Mata Nui PoV)

I needed this, just a stroll through the village, so I could remember which way is which. *sigh* "HEY MATA NUI!!!" ‘huh, what?’ I looked around until I saw Twilight behind me, I waved in response.

FLASH

"Hey- uh, where'd you go?" she asked. She probably miscalculated the teleportation, so I just poked her on the shoulder, which made her jump out of her fur, literally. "Mata Nui! don't scare me like that. So what were you doing?"

"I was just walking around to familiarize myself with this village" I said looking around and still getting stares from some of the citizens.

"Oh, well how about we go this way, so I can take you to Sugercube Corner, because I am famished and you must be too, come on" we left for Sugercube Corner. I never really thought about it too much, but when I was in my previous form I never needed to eat. Maybe this will be a new experience for me.

It was a few minutes that I started to notice that most of the ponies here were not out. Hmm... once we were at the building (which is rather different than most of the buildings here) twilight stopped walking and I looked at her quizzically.

"go on in” she said “I'll be right there" I nodded and walked inside, only to find it really dark. It felt off for some reason, until the lights came on and everyone jumped out and screamed "SURPRISE" I looked around and saw a banner that said ‘WELCOME TO PONYVILLE, MATA NUI’ that's when I just stared at the ponies, apparently there were a lot here. Once they looked at me they started to get nervous noticing that I hadn't said a word. Just as I was about to speak a pink blur latched itself on my mask.

"See, we left him speechless, he never expected this! *Squee*" I had to pry her off my mask, and then set her down. "were you surprised, HUH-HUH-HUH?" I am not sure whether she remembers that I can see part of the future so I wasn't surprised.

"No pinkie I am not surprised," *GASP* the whole crowd were just flabbergasted, little did I know what would happen next given that I had no time to see the outcome. "But I am grateful for the party" there were a few sighs of relief around the room, it's gonna be a long night.

ΩΩΩΩ

(The Shadowed One PoV)

"HEY, DID YOU ASK HIM!?" ‘Ugh, not you again’ I turned to look at Vezon, with that stupid grin on his face.

"No Vezon, I did not ask him if 'you can hug him' now if you please, I have some things to do" I turned away only to have Roodaka in my way, with Nocturn leaning against a decaying tree with both pairs of arms crossed.

"Now-now, Shadowed One. We don't want you to go off on your own" Roodaka said, in a seductive tone.

"Ooh, were going with him!? Fantastic!" Vezon replied with enthusiasm whilst rubbing his hands together.

"Need I remind you that we are a team and we go where you go" She said, seriously whilst crossing her arms.

"Then let’s go, we're wasting daylight. We have a long journey ahead of us" I said before looking at Nocturn "No complaints from you?"

"As long as I get to kill something?” Nocturn said “I have nothing to complain about" he then chuckled darkly.

"You know?” Vezon said “once I’m done here, I think I’ll settle down in a cave somewhere, a few grass mats, some cave drawings, the heads of my enemies mounted on the wall... it could be quite pleasant" the rest of us gave him odd looks as he walked past twirling a dagger. The rest of us looked at each other before shrugging and following after him, of course I had to tell them who we're after, but that was on the way... Soon Darkness shall fall and everything here will bow before Makuta Teridax.

"Since I am leading this operation I want to start off with this. We shall go to every nation that lays here and take it by force by any means of necessary. This would draw Mata Nui to us and given that its’ only him we shall take him alive. This might be too easy no doubt, but I want your forces," I pointed to Roodaka, "I want you take out as much griffon territory as possible"

"Your right, that is too easy for my tastes" she said, smirking.

"Vezon, you will go toward the zebras nation and take control," I turned to look at Nocturn "Nocturn, you and your forces take control of the newly or rediscovered crystal empire."

"And what about you Shadow? What part are you gonna take?" Roodaka asked, even though she knows.

"I am going to the capital of Equestria, from there I will face Mata Nui head on with the Rahkshi that Teridax has provided me" I replied with a grin. "There are still some territory left to take control of like the Minotaur's nation and a few others that might stand a chance against us like the dragons here but lets focus on what you have to do." The end is near for this world I can sense it.

Author's Note:

well how'd I do for celestia's and twilight's PoV. It might or might not be accurate remember if I'm too serious don't take it lightly or do, but remember I like criticism. hopefully I can come up with more scenes this is tiring as hell so I'll leave it as incomplete that way you know I am working on it but if its in hiatus: it means my brain died and needs a reboot. good whatever time of day it is for you guys :pinkiecrazy: and romance tag???:pinkiegasp: maybe...:trollestia:

for those who don't know which character is which: I recommend looking them up.

Each member has their own forces:
Roodaka has the Visorak
Shadowed one has Rahkshi
Nocturn is badass doesn't need an army
Vezon has Kardas and his team of Piraka (Zaktan is presumed dead not sure though.)