• Published 1st Apr 2014
  • 510 Views, 10 Comments

My roommate, Fluttershy. My roommate Rainbow Dash - rainbowshy459



In college, Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash are roommates.

  • ...
15
 10
 510

My Roommate, Rainbow Dash

Hi, um, who are you? Oh, you don't have to tell me, that's fine. I'm Fluttershy, an animal lover. If I do say so myself, I'm qite good at it. Don't tell my mother and father that I bragged. So, here I am, in front of Canterlot College. Oh, I hope I see someone I know here. I don't want to meet a whole cast of new friends. Yes, I'm shy. Yes, I'm not a bragger. Yes, I'm aware I suck. No, I won't change.

When I walked into the building, I saw five girls I already knew. Cloud Chaser and her twin, Flitter, Derpy Hooves, Cloud Kicker, and Raindrops. I sighed and plopped down on a lounger couch next to Flitter. "Twin, I do believe I found my Fluttershy." Flitter said cheerfully. Oh great, she still thinks we're dating. Really F-ing lovely. >=( I shook my head and crossed my arms as she draped an arm over my shoulder. I raised an eyebrow at her.

"What, aren't we dating?" Flitter said innocently. I shook my head firmly. Okay, okay. So, yes, I'm gay, or lesbian, whatever you're comfortable saying. I did date Flitter in the past, but, she wanted more than I could give her. In other words: Heck, yes, i'm still a virgin. But, she isn't a bad person, she's just a bad girlfriend. So, I broke up with her, but, I guess it wasn't effective.

Flitter took her arm away from my shoulders and put it down on her lap. "Hiya, Shy." A country accent twanged. I got up to see Applejack. I wrapped my arms around her and she hugged me back. "How ya doin'?" Applejack asked, or, twanged. She's so cute when she twangs. I smiled at her as I heard another countrified voice.

"Ha, Shy. How y'all doin' ?" Another accent twanged. I turned my head to see Raindrops. I knew she was there, but I didn't really tell her anything. Raindrops is from Oklahoma. So, her accent is more of an Okie accent. She has turquoise hair and yellow skin just like me. She also had wide bright green eyes. "Hi, Rain." I smiled as she slapped me a high five.

"So, Shy. How'd your summer go?" Raindrops twanged, but as she talked, I heard two girls fighting over something. I turned my head away from Raindrops to see Cloud Chaser and Derpy Hooves fighting over a book. Well, heck. "Y'all, you're not bein' very nace!!!" Raindrops crossed her arms and started scolding the two girls like a mama. "Ah thank y'all should stop bein' all spoiled lauke!" Raindrops twanged in that thick Okie accent. Gosh, she twanged so bad she sounded like an ad for a trailer park.

"Sorry, Rain." Cloud Kicker said with a flirty smile. Raindrops blushed and giggled as Cloud nuzzled Raindrops' neck with her nose. I giggled to myself. I wish I had someone like that. Someone that didn't want too little or too much. Yes, I know I'm gonna sound like Goldie Lockes, but, I want someone who's just right. Gosh, i'm so cliche.

Just then, I saw two other girls I recognized. One tackled me to the ground and the other kissed my cheek. When my head stopped spinning, I saw a British girl with purple hair, and a girl with pink, poofy hair that smelled like cotton candy. Rarity and Pinkie Pie. "Hello, Darling. How nice to see you." Rarity said with a smile. "Hellloooo, Fluttershy!" Pinkie Pie said with a big smile and a bone-crushing hug. I wheezed with happiness, overjoyed they were here.

In a second, someone tapped me on the shoulder with a soft pat. I whimpered and whirled around to see Vice Principal Luna. I was very pleased and shocked to see her at the same time. "Vice Principal Luna!?" I said shocked and happy. "Hi, Fluttershy. Here is your schedule and room number." Vice Principal Luna handed me a piece of paper with the room number: 2B on it.

"Your room should be up the stairs, to your right, and it's the pink, fourth door on the left." Vice Principal Luna said kindly with a warm smile. I took the paper gingerly and walked up the stairs to my room. I saw the door and it had two names printed on the front in big, black, bold letters.

Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash

I smiled cheerfully to myself. Rainbow Dash is my roommate. I didn't know we got roommates, but, I guess it's good that i'm rooming with someone I've already known throughout my life. I opened the door delicately and set my suitcase onto the bed near the left wall. I started to unpack when I heard the door softly click open and shut. I whipped around to see my roommate: Rainbow Dash.

I took in what she was wearing. She had her multicolored hair in a side, messy ponytail. She also had on solid red lip gloss with a lightning bolt on her right cheek. She also had on a blue cami with a red skirt that's dusted with gold and silver glitter and is decorated with dark cyan clouds and yellow and blue rainbows. She also had on red stiletto boots with white laces.

I could see that I wasn't the ideal roommate for her, so I met her halfway and smiled kindly. I saw her smile back at me, and I couldn't help staring into her burgundy eyes. Okay, so, she wasn't the best roommate, but, at least she was better than the ones I could have gotten. I could have gotten Flitter or Raindrops. Flitter is nice, but she might try to take my virginity. And Raindrops is the kindest little bumpkin after Applejack I've never met, but, she's into a lot of Okie stuff, so, she's kinda annoying.

So, it could have been worst. I got her bags from her and set them down on her bed. I know it's gonna be weird for her, but i'll try to make it better for her. I then got her ponytail and took off the rubber band. I then grab one of my brushes and started brushing her hair. "So, What's your first class?" I asked. "Uh, Greek History." Rainbow replied. I smiled when she said that. I then grabbed her schedule and glanced at it. "Rainbow, we have all the same classes." I said cheerfully.

She turned to me with a panicked look. "Really?" I could tell she was panicked about me ruining her cool factor. I decided not to address it, because Rainbow was really never good at expressing her feelings. Instead, I smiled. "Yes. What's your elective?" I simply smile and say. She took back her schedule and glanced at her 5th period slot. "Uh, I don't know." She turned back to me. "You?" She asked me. "Computers." I said plainly. "I'll take Computers, too." Rainbow said. I smiled.

Okay, okay. I know it's gonna take work on both of our parts to put up with each other, but, I think we'll be Okay. So, the year's off to a relatively good start. But, Flitter's not over me, I have two Okies that i'll probably see the whole year, and Rainbow Dash is my roommate. Real F-ing lovely. This is gonna be a looooonnnnggg year.