• Published 18th Apr 2014
  • 1,785 Views, 27 Comments

The Incredible Happening of Golden Gates - totallynotabrony



It's up to Golden Gates to put the changelings in their place, in this tale of a ridiculous romp through San Francisco.

  • ...
7
 27
 1,785

Chapter Three- "Meanwhile, in Castro"

We’re sorry. We can’t tell you what happened. Castro is like Vegas. You know the saying.

Then again, this could be important to national security in the event of future changeling invasions, so we’re putting a temporary freedom of the press order in effect.

Marglefromticat sat with cute dancer on his lap. “Hey cutie,” the disguised changeling said with a wink, “Wanna dance on my pole?”

“I’d love to, baby,” came the reply in a surprisingly deep voice. Up close, Marglefromticat noticed a suspicious amount of beard stubble on the dancer’s face. Then again, perhaps the females of the species could grow facial hair too; it just must be a faux pas not to shave it.

Around the room, other disguised changelings were hanging out to various degrees with other humans. Many of the people seemed to be disguised themselves, wearing lots of makeup and sometimes wigs and other accessories. Despite that, there was surprisingly little clothing to be found. Marglefromticat wondered if he was overdressed.

Over by the bar, drinks were being poured. Marglefromticat wasn’t quite sure what it was, but some of his friends were partaking. One of the other changelings wandered over to him and his new friend. In her hands was a small tray bearing glasses of liquid.

“Here, try this!” Eglamorticai exclaimed, distributing beverages. Marglefromticat accepted a glass and looked at it with interest. He shrugged and poured it down the hatch.

It was like inhaling a particularly energetic spell. Feeling flowed through his thorax and out to the ends of his extremities. It was amazing.

After a couple more drinks, every changeling in the club was easily twice as energetic as before. Forget the human dancers, they would put on a show of their own.

The scene changed so often and so quickly as to be impossible to describe. Humanized changelings were everywhere, waving their arms like they just didn’t care. The rapid pace was quickly overwhelming the beat of the music and someone with a saxaphone stepped in to take things up a notch.

The regular clientele of the bar were also participating, happy to see such enthusiastic newcomers in their midst. Clothing was being shed, more drinks were pouring, and someone’s pet water buffalo was loose upstairs.

Outside, car alarms were going off but the noise from the bar was spreading even further. The San Francisco Police were called, but this being a fairly normal magical party in the Castro District of the City by the Bay, there was no effect. This was one crazy train that was going to go off the rails and stay there. Where they were going, they didn’t need rails.

Marglefromticat wished they could invade Earth every night.