• Published 30th Mar 2012
  • 786 Views, 7 Comments

The Spotted Alicorn - Tartpelt dah Poneh

  • ...
23
 7
 786

Chapter 2: 16 Years Later...

Late November 2011. It was to be, yet again, another "warm" and soggy winter. Too much rain and too little snow. Everypony from Miss Cherrilee's class to the higher classes couldn't wait for winter break, which was only a good few weeks away. It was very cloudy and Rarity, wearing a very stylish, sparkly purple scarf she hoof-crafted herself, just happened to be passing by Sugar Cube Corner when she noticed Pinkie Pie was outside the establishment doing a strange dance with Derpy Hooves, their scarves slapping them in the face several times, though they didn't seem to care.

"Uh...Pinkie...might I ask what you are doing," Rarity asked as she noticed ponies staring awkwardly at the two funny ponies. "er...I think you girls are attracting quite a bit of attention. And not the good kind."

"We're tryin' to make it snow," Derpy replied, failing her limbs about, bumping into Pinkie Pie, and sending the pink mare falling to the ground.

"Oof!"

"Oops," Derpy apologized. "sorry Pinkie. I think I danced too hard. Did I mess anything up?"

Pinkie Pie got back on her hooves with a giggle. "No worries Derpy. We'll just start over! We were only a teensy bit into the beginning anyway." And so they resumed, hooves flailing and scarves slapping.

"And what makes you think dancing like crazy ponies will do anything to the weather," Rarity questioned the two as they resumed their awkward dance moves.

"I don't know," Pinkie replied cheerfully. "I just saw Derpy coming to get something from here, I mentioned how I was disappointed that it still wasn't snowing, and she told me it could snow if we did this dance I never heard of! And that was just a few minutes ago!"

"And you actually believed her?"

"Yup!"

"Come on Rarity," Derpy encouraged to the white unicorn. "Do the snow dance with us! I know it'll work if we work together! Whoop!" Plop. Derpy accidentally slipped in a small puddle and fell over. But that still didn't stop her from proceeding to get back up and continue.

Rarity looked around. Everywhere anypony passed, somepony would look at Pinkie and Derpy and look as if they're all thinking 'what the buck?' How come neither of these two weirdoes could see the awkward and questioning stares and glares they were getting from everypony else?

"Are you crazy," Rarity exclaimed in a soft voice. "I would never do something so absurd and humilia - "

RainbowDash cut Rarity off as she stopped in mid-flight to question the situation. "Hey guys. Pinkie, Derpy, what are you doing?"

Derpy bumped into Pinkie again, and then into the wall of the sweet shop they were dancing in front of, and both ended up lying in awkward positions on the ground. But of course, they just got up again and continued once more.

"Ugh, they're trying to make it snow by doing this silly dance nopony's ever heard of," Rarity groaned. "They actually think it's going to work, and they seem to have no idea how much embarrassing, negative attention they're getting!"

"Well," Rainbow thought out loud. "If they wanted snow they want could've just asked me."

Pinkie instantly stopped dancing and nudged Derpy to do the same.

"You can actually make it snow for us RainbowDash," Pinkie exclaimed.

"Sure! All I gotta do is take the right cloud and shake it like a snow globe."

"I love snow globes," Derpy said, enthusiastically.

Pinkie and Derpy looked at RainbowDash with big, pleading eyes and excited smiles. Even Rarity was begging for Rainbow to at least try so Pinkie and Derpy would stop embarrassing her with their silly flapping and flailing about.

"Ok then," Rainbow said before swooshing off to the clouds. She searched around for the biggest possible cloud she could shake that looked ready to precipitate clusters of ice crystals at least the half the sizes of bit coins. She found the cloud that looked most promising, carried it overhead of the other three below, and gave it as hard a shaking she possibly could. As easily as Rainbow could shake out the cloud's contents, little white flakes began to flurry out south to the two mares that had begun dancing again, in case Rainbow was unable to find a good cloud.

"Girls," Rarity gasped. "Look up! Rainbow's making it snow!"

"Really," Pinkie exclaimed hopefully. "Wait a minute...are you trying to pull our legs Rarity?"

"No really! Look!"

Rarity gestured upwards to the flurries coming from the loud Rainbow was shaking over their heads. when the two mares looked up, they began cheering and jumping with excitement. But when it reached them it melted into rain, drenched the three, and then a lightning bolt came down and shocked Pinkie and Derpy. Rainbow instantly stopped shaking the cloud.

"Oops...eh-heh," RainbowDash said sheepishly as she flew back down to the two dazed ponies. "I'm so sorry! I had absolutely no idea that was going to happen!"

"Ugh," Rarity grunted disgustedly, shaking off the rain water and ringing out her sparkling scarf. "You clearly didn't know it was too warm today for snow either. Especially when the snow is still falling in mid-air!"

"Pinkie Pie, Derpy," Rainbow worried. "Are you ok? Say something!"

The two ponies had been zapped face-first into the ground, their manes spiked out and slightly cooked. Rainbow nudged them both, then pulled their heads up. Pinkie Pie's eyes were huge with shock, her pupils and irises were almost no more than little dots, and her teeth were bared. Derpy's eyes were swirling in different directions, and her teeth were showing as well.

"That was awesome," Pinkie shouted out excitedly after shaking her head, fixing her mane, and getting up. Derpy shook her head and got up, too.

"Let's go again, let's go again," she chanted as she stumbled around bumping into everyone and finally plopping back onto the ground. Suddenly, they all stopped to hear somepony bursting out in laughter. In front of them was a unicorn laughing out loud at the ridiculous display she'd just witnessed them in. She was brown red speckles and hazel eyes. Her mane strangly looked an awful lot like Pinkie Pie's, but it was a dark blonde with white streaks. However, it looked a little light-brown against the rest of her coat. Her cutie mark depicted a rainbow puzzle piece with black paw prints and she wore black and lavendar rimmed glasses with flowers on the sides of the handles.

Wait a minute, RainbowDash thought as she eyed the laughing mare's coat. That brown and red speckeld coat...that streaked mane... *GASP* Could she be... RainbowDash remembered that one day a long, long time ago when she saw that newborn filly falling from the sky just beyond Cloudsdale. The filly had the same brown coat and a few spots the same red as the many covering this adolescent laughing her ass off in front of them. Could this unicorn have been the same filly from that day so long ago? And come to think of it, why wasn't Rainbow an old pony by now? Oh yeah, that's right, Rainbow thought again. It was only a birthday or two after I got my cutie mark. I was maybe a middle schooler then. But still she swore that this mare who's mane...appears to magically change its style seeing as how it went to a natural wavy look when she stopped laughing...was the same newborn she saw falling from the sky that day.

"What's so funny," Derpy asked, confused.

"You are," the speckled pony laughed, clapping her hooves. "That was hilarious! HAHAHAAA! Do it again, do it again!"

"Eh-heh, uh no," Rarity stammered. "We'd prefer not to."

"Well sti - well still, that was very, very funny! I'm Poppytart by the way."

"Hi Poppy," Pinkie greeted her. "I'm Pinkie Pie! And this is RainbowDash, Derpy Hooves, and Rarity."

"Pleased to meet you!"

"S'up!"

"Hiiiiii."

"So," Pinkie continued. "Are you new here? I've never seen a pony like you before! Do you have the chicken pox?!"

"No I do not," Poppy snapped back. "It's just - It's just how I was born. And yes, I am kinda new here."

"Well of all the ponies I've seen I've never met one covered in spots before. And I just realized something about you. You look like a tasty chocolate tart with a little bit of white frosting and red sprinkles! It makes me just wanna eat you!"

"I kno - I know right? It's kinda weird! I seem to stand strai - stand right out even among my own family."

"Are you ok darling," Rarity asked. "You seem to 'skip' when you speak."

"Oh yeah heh-heh," Poppy replied sheepishly, a little embarrassed, putting a hoof to her face and turning away. "Sorry, I do that sometimes."

"Poppy," A voice asked from elsewhere. Around the corner came an alicorn mare. Except this mare was a little bit shorter than Poppytart, and with a bit of a higher voice. She was sky blue with a yellow mane and hooves. Her eyes were a dark brown so dark, her pupils almost blended in perfectly with the brunette irises. Her cutie mark looked like a silver-sparkling cloud. "Who are they? Are they your friends from school?"

"No," Poppy replied to the blue and yellow mare. "I just met them. You sh-y'should've seen the hilarious thing they just did earlier! You totally missed it!"

"Oki. Tell me about it when you get back home."

"Kay."

"Bye Poppy."

"Bye Silver."

"Who was that," Pinkie asked.

"My younger sister, Silverglitter."

"She doesn't look like silver glitter. She looks like a sunny summer day to me!"

"Hey yeah, she does. Well, I gotta go now. See 'ya later."

"Good-bye!"

"Later."

"See 'ya later alligator!"

"Byyyye!"



*~*~☾~✿~✧~★~✧~✿~☾~*~*



The end of another school day and just two more to go before the weekend. Could this week go any slower?! Poppytart thought as she left school. She carried her pink-camo, ripped and beat-up saddlebag with her, holding a heavy math book, the poor thing. Who hates gemoetry raise your hoof! And it was killing her back as well. She was also wearing her sparkly-golden-pale-tan scarf and pink, grey and white winter hat as usual. She left the school unhappy...again. The other ponies would always taunt her with the most ridiculous and ridiculously unpredictable and stupid method she's ever known. And it's never stopped since she moved to Ponyville as a filly. First it was a predictable, normal method of bullying; name calling. But when that stopped, it went on to what's going on nowadays. She got it in 2 different ways; one in elementary school, and the next hasn't stopped since middle school. It's her second high school year and it's still going. Stupid right? And these ways of bullying Poppy has been forced to endure most of her life mustn't be spoken just yet.....however when you find out, please understand because she's the kind of pony that just can't tune it out it's just not possible. Anyway, as Poppytart got off the small school-carraige she rides home everyday when she got to the carriage-stop, head down, frowning, eyebrows somewhat in the agitated position and looking down at the ground, Pinkie just happened to be bouncing in her direction. When the pink earth pony noticed Poppy's body language, she stopped and decided to intervene.

"Hey there Poppytart," Pinkie greeted her. "What's wrong? You look down in the dumps today."

"That's what they always ask," Poppy muttered in irritance. "'what's wrong?' 'Are you ok?' 'What? What? What?' ghhhhh!"

"Well are you ok?"

"No."

Pinkie stepped in front of Poppy, stopping her in her steps, and grabbed her by the cheeks. She paused for a few seconds, staring into her eyes with a determined expression.

"Talk to me."

"Dick-heads. Assholes. Douchebags. Too many of them at school CELESTIA KNOWS WHY they must do this to me!"

"What are they doing to you? What are they saying?"

"EXACTLY! GAAHH!!!" Poppy yelled out loud, pulling Pinkie from her face with a loud stamp to the ground. She absolutely despised every time someone tried to ask her that. It always led to her eventually telling them, and they'd say "Why don't you just ignore it? Why can't you ignore it?" It was just as annoying as what the bullies have been doing to her since fillyhood! Geebus people can't you just understand?! Ignoramus much...

"Whoa whoa whoa," Pinkie exclaimed as she jumped back in surprise. "No need to shout! Now calmly tell me what are they s - "

"NOT 'saying', doing."

"...doing...to you?"

"Pfft like I'm telling you."

"And why not?"

"I kn-I know what you're-you're going to say! It's-i'ts the same thing 98% of the time!" Poppytart switched to a mocking tone to mimic said phrases that had been repeated to her too many times in her opinion, then spoke normally after. "'Oh, just ignore it.' 'O-Oh, why can't you just ignore it?' 'It's easy it's easy. Meh meh meh meh meh!' Well it's NOT easy!! I CAN'T JUS - I CAN'T IGNORE S - sgfgsf - WHAT...THEY...they-they do! pant pant pant pant."

There was a long pause. Poppy put her head down, hoof on her forehead, eyes closed.

"I'm sorry," Poppy finally said in a softer voice. "I-I'm sorry I-I can't tell you. It's too ridiculously stupid. And I'm not taking any chances with any...pony. I don't wanna hear the same dumbass question again and again. And they always say it in a rude tone that sounds like they think I'm being the stupid one or I'm just being crazy and it's just plain...d-degrading."

"I just wanted to help," Pinkie said softly. Poppy took her hoof off her forehead and said softly before proceeding to getting home, "I know you did. But again, I don't want to tell. All I can say is...it-it's too stupid."

Later, Poppytart was almost home walking from the carraige-stop when she was stopped by RainbowDash and Rarity along the way; and for the same reason. Rarity was the last one to stop her, and Poppy wasn't a tough enough nut to not get cracked.

"RARITY," Poppy shouted. "FOR THE LAST TIME! I'M NOT TELLING! MY CELESTIA JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!"

"Well I for one am NOT leaving until I get an answer young mare," Rarity retorted back.

"Excuse me, are you my mother?"

"I didn't say I was!"

"Where did the 'young mare' come from?"

"JUST TELL US ALREADY AND WE CAN ALL CARRY ON WITH OUR LIVES WITH CLEAR HEADS!" Almost as quick as Rarity shouted that, Pinkie zipped in beside Rarity and RainbowDash descended lightly on Rarity's other side, hovering with her front legs crossed. "We promise you we won't judge you or ask any of those overly repeated phrases and questions as you said. Right girls?"

"Right," Pinkie and Rainbow agreed simultaneously. Poppy thought for a moment. Well they better not ask or say anything about trying to ignore them, she thought. Celestia knows I can't ignore them. My hearing everytime is too sensitive. If I want to block them out completely, I'd need special headphones that cover my ears enough to where my music can block them out better than my ear-buds. Even when the volume's at the highest it can possibly go with those little things I could still hear the morons in the background at the lunch lines.

"You promise," Poppytart growled.

"We promise," Rarity reassured.

"Fine. This is what they do." Poppy took a deep breath, covered her ears, and began clicking her tongue. Clack clack clack clack. When she finished, she released her ears and exhaled with a large shudder and a wretched, scrunched up face, teeth bared. As for the sound, if you don't know it, it's sounds like that sound kindergarten teahcers make when teaching the the students the sound a clock makes by clicking their tongue to mimic the sound of one. Know that sound? But of course you probably don't. No one ever does...always have to mimic it for them just for them to understand every time. But really, this is how Poppy feels and what she has to go through. You's hate it, too, if you lived like Poppy.

"Oh...uh..." Rarity stammered.

"...That's it," Rainbow asked.

Pinkie let out a small giggle.

Poppy gave a little scowl at Rainbow and Pinkies responses, but proceeded anyway to say, "Ok, you guys are pretty awesome. I like anyone who doesn't...question me or try to tell me to ignore that."

"Gee whiz," Pinkie exclaimed excitedly. "They're more childish than regular bullies!"

"Don't forget more pathetic," Poppy giggled.

"Well," Rarity began. "I suppose you've tried telling them to stop have you?"

"98% of the time it just made'em do it more," Poppy said with some slight irritation.

"Poppy," RainbowDash started. "You just tell my who they are and we'll get rid of them once and for all. Sound good to you?"

"Heck yeah," Poppy shouted enthusiastically, brohoofing Rainbow.

"So...uh," Rarity stammered. "If you don't mind...um...why, exactly, does that bother you?"

"DAMMIT," Poppy cursed, slapping her forehead with her hoof. "Ghhh I forgot all about that dumb question everypony asks!" She let out a deep sigh, paused for a second and gave her reason. "I have a mild...communication disorder, and...it uh...it effects my senses as well - as well as my communication itself so, I'm more sensitive to certain noises and things. That's why I can't ignore it unless I had the proper headphones to use with my music to block it out for real."

"Oh. Well that makes sense I guess."

"Does this disorder have a name," RainbowDash asked.

Poppy hesitated, but forced herself to say it. "Aspergers syndrome..."

Pinkie Pie began to snicker.

"Pinkie," Poppy began, stifling a snicker herself. "I know what you're thinking *pbst*...but it's A-spergers. *pbst pbstbspt Not 'ass burgers'! hee hee hee!"

At that moment Pinkie Pie burst out into laughter, followed by Poppytart. Rarity and Rainbow began to join in, And when everyone calmed down, the four said their goodbye's, parted ways and went on to their destinations and continue following their tasks.



*~*~☾~✿~✧~★~✧~✿~☾~*~*



Finally it's fucking Friday! Poppytart thought impatiently as she woke up and began getting ready for school. Fortunately is was a Schedule B day today which meant she had P.E. for first period and got to go to first lunch, which was after second period. The only downside to Schedule B days is English class. One hour and thirty minutes of BOOORR-riiiing! And seeing as how she'd been down south near Maneheim visiting her grandparents the whole first week of this month, April, she'd missed a lot including her English class beginning the reading of Julius Caesar. Week in Calhoofornia and missing some of it or not Poppy's brains would be disintegrating from the intense boredom of it all as soon as said class starts. Poppy went to the cafeteria and stopped at the table her friends were sitting at to leave her stuff behind while she went and got her breakfast. She was about to make it to the line when RainbowDash called to her from behind.

"Hey Poppytart," Rainbow called, waving to her from a short distance and trotting over to her. The rainbow-maned pegasus bore a visitors pin.

"RainbowDash," Poppy said questioningly. "What are you doing here?"

"Me and Pinkie are here to visit you today! We're gonna slap some sense into those jackasses!"

"Ok one, that would be awesome but it'd get me in trouble - "

"Trust me I know how we'll get away with it."

"...Okayyy...two, I dun' see Pinkie Pie anywhere."

Poppy was right to Rainbow's surprise. RainbowDash looked around wildly and finally spotted Pinkie Pie bouncing from the breakfast line holding a cinnamon roll and a 1 pint carton of chocolate milk.

"Pinkie," Rainbow whined irritantly. "You went to get breakfast?"

"Yeah," Pinkie exclaimed through the thick paper bowl holding her frosted cinnamon pastry. "I could shmell'em and they shmelled sho delishoush, I jusht couldn't reshisht! I didn't even get time to eat breakfasht at home anyway becaushe we had to hurry sho much. And can you believe that they actually have chocolate milk here? I thought thish wush a high shkool! Oh hey nice glashesh Poppy." Like most of the time, Poppy was wearing her pretty glasses this day. But how come Pinkie didn't seem to notice them when she was wearing them when they first met? Oh wait, yeah, probably the gazillion red spots all over her and her overall toaster-pastry-like appearance.

"It is a high school," Poppy said. "But even I don't even know why they have it here. I don't mind though, it tastes - it tastes good in the cereal, but they jus-they just have it in all the schools for who knows - for who knows what reason. Well I'm gonna get my breakfast now."

"Wait," RainbowDash said stopping Poppytart as she was beginning to leave for the breakfast line. "Let us come with you. Just in case." Nudge nudge wink. Poppy understood the message and let RainbowDash accompany her while she let Pinkie Pie go sit down and eat her cinnamon roll. Unfortunately, but also fortunately, nopony bothered Poppy in the lines. It was probably because Poppy always gets to school early so the breakfast line is always super short. Plus, there's hardly any other students around. Maybe a few outside the cafeteria waiting for the student store to open up so they can get their coffee, candy, muffins and bagels. And maybe here and there sitting at tables catching up on homework or simply visiting with each other waiting for other friends before getting breakfast. RainbowDash was a little disappointed seeing as how there were no asses to kick or at least anypony to threaten, but she did manage to get some cereal and milk. Poppy encouraged her to get chocolate milk for her to see what it would taste like to use chocolate milk in the cereal. It's actually pretty good.

P.E., tiring and frustrating. Poppytart's class had a free day where you could play volleyball, basketball, or simply walk and talk. Her teacher also allowed badmitten. But both sports had been incredibly annoying to Poppy because almost every time Poppy would try to serve the ball in volleyball, it would either go out of bounds or hit the net. And every time she tried to serve the birdie in badmitten, she'd either miss it completely or it would hit the net.

Chemistry, a little disappointing. They started a new unit on gas laws, when Poppy, ironically, just wanted to do more balancing single replacement, double replacement, composition, and so on chemical equations and figuring out what product the reactants will make. She enjoyed looking at all the numbers and letters (the elements' symbols) and figuring out where everything goes. One of the fun things in her opinion of her mild form of her disorder.

Lunchtime, same as usual. Poppy was just hanging with her friends like she always does, and she let Rainbow and Pinkie join her. RainbowDash was hoping someone would pass by the try and annoy Poppy, but nobody did. Poppy was rather content to that matter. And one strange thing that Rainbow had noticed that day that depending on Poppy's mood, her mane would magically change like a mood ring wood change color. When Poppy was happy and/or energetic, her mane looked like Pinkie Pie's. When she was feeling sassy, socialwise or anger/irritationwise, it'd look like Rainbow's or Applejacks. What was that supposed to mean? That Rainbow and Applejack were sassy? Well, RainbowDash can be arrogant at times and Applejack could be sassy if you piss her off, but thats beside the subject. Anyway, and when Poppy was actually thinking and talking smart stuff, her mane would look like Twilight's. When she was sad or hurt or embarrassed, her mane would look like Fluttershy's. And maybe if she was feeling pretty or elegant or even sexy or sassy fashionwise, her mane might look like Rarity's. But usually, her mane just looked like it's normal self because that's how much she'd be just herself like feeling creative or even simply drawing, writing, reading, or jammin' out to her music. This would be something interesting for Twilight to be studying, RainbowDash thought.

English was actually pretty cool. All day that day and yesterday in each class period, the students in the World Studies classes (mostly 9th graders according to Poppy's observations) were doing their presentations of their Latin projects at this Latin Fair in the school Library. Poppy's English class got to go and look at the projects. Poppy loved going to the fair mostly because her favorite part was the food. This time it was all pretty good. One display looked beautiful; a Cutecinera project. As for the food ones, there was another one with Mexican wedding treats, there was one with tamales (they were cold though), and one of her favorites was the one with hot cocoa powder mixed with some sugar.

Finally, 4th period; special ed. classroom. Poppy was, in a way, totally alone for this class because this was the safest of all her classes seeing as how none of those assholes were in this special needs program. RainbowDash was fine but PinkiePie wanted to come in as soon as she spotted something colorful inside. It was probably one of the sensory toys because the SCC (the special ed. room) had plenty of those for all the students. Poppy's favorites were the pivoty tangle toys and the peg toys because the tangle toys came in a variety of styles and textures; fuzzy, squishy, big and thick, bumpy, wavy-bumpy, clear, clear with glitter inside, and so many different colors. And you could even mix and match them by simply taking the pieces apart and puting them back together again. Some were hard to pull of and push in together and some were so easy to take apart and put together, they felt like they were loose enough to come apart themselves. As for the peg toys, they're these square things that have these pegs in them that you can push up from the bottom and it shapes exactly to your hoof or another object. Poppy always thought that was so amazing and trippy.

"PinkiePie," Poppy said trying to close the door. "You have to...nng...go now!...NNG!"

"But I don't wanna," Pinkie whined. "I wanna see what that pretty colorful thing was!"

"You can see it...nngg...later. Ok Pinkie? We're allowed to take our friends up here just during lunchtime."

"But lunch has been over for a long time now!"

"I know. NNGG!"

Poppytart then finally managed to shut the door. And somewhat as soon as the class started, it ended and Poppy gathered her things, turned on her music, and headed out for home to start the weekend. And this weekend was going to be sunny and warm out and just beautiful. Poor RainbowDash didn't get to kick anypony's butt today so she left disappointed with the knowledge that the closest she got was helping Poppy have more fun in P.E. that morning. That's what happens on a Schedule B day; its harder for ponies to bother Poppy because these things happen more often in here Schedule A day classes. Especially second period on those days.



*~*~☾~✿~✧~★~✧~✿~☾~*~*