• Published 15th Mar 2014
  • 2,061 Views, 47 Comments

A Day In Ponyville - FelixTheBrony



This is the everyday life of the Elements of Harmony now that they've settled down...But everyday life with them is anything but normal.

  • ...
32
 47
 2,061

Back to School

Back to School

Applejack sat at the Apple family dinner table, waiting for her sister and husband to sit down to start the day. In her hoof, she held several letters from Ditzy Doo, the mail-mare. “Soups on you two! Git tha hay up!”

“Alright, AJ, jeez, no need to yell!” Soarin called back, scratching his head as he walked down stairs, Applebloom at his side walking almost autonomously.

“Aww...Ma head hurts...” Applejack rolled her eyes.

“That'll teach ya ta spend too much time at Rainbow an' Mac's place.” She replied, to Soarin's confusion.

“Why, do they live somewhere she could get hurt?”

“No, she let's tha Crusaders drink...a lot...” His eyes resembled dinner plates after that.

“Holy Celestia! They're twelve years old!”

“Please, Ah've bin holdin' ma liquor since Ah was six...Though maybe it weren't such a good idea ta go celebrity spottin' afterwards...”


“Behold citizens of Ponyville! It is I, your loyal Prince Blueblood!” The white Unicorn announced to the crowd, when a brick was thrown at his head. “Ow!”

A six year old Applejack, teetering from side to side, grinned broadly. “Tha' was for ma friend for thirteen years in tha future!”


“So how much did ya manage ta git down ya before ya barfed this time, Sugarcube?”

“Ah weren't drinkin' this time, AJ, Scootaloo though' our special talent was in jumpin' on tha bed.”


“Are ya sure this is safe, Scoots?” Applebloom asked, the three Crusaders standing on a large bed in the middle of the floor in Scootaloo's room.

“I'm positive AB, we'll be Cutie Mark Crusader Bed Jumpers for sure!” Scootaloo cheered, Sweetie Belle beaming with excitement.

“Oh boy, this is so much better, and safer, than our usual crusades with a minimal chance of getting covered in tree sap!” She cheered, before grabbing a pillow. “You ready Applebloom?”

“Sure...” She said, before the surprisingly hard pillow slammed into the side of her face and she fell off the mattress and landed, face first on the floor. A small amount of blood leaked out of the yellow filly's nose.

“Holy Celestia!” Scootaloo cried, jumping to Applebloom's side. Sweetie Belle looked confused, taking the brick out of the pillow case.

“Huh...Guess she wasn't as ready as I thought...”


“Remind me not ta play 'pillow fight' wit' Sweetie Belle again...” She mumbled, rubbing the side of her face, which had a big bruise which she had covered with a small bit of make-up. “Tha' girl's gonna send us ta an early grave.”

“Filly.” Soarin corrected, to Applebloom's confusion.

“What?”

“That filly is gonna send us to an early grave.”

“Wha' did Ah say?”

“That girl...”

“What does that mean?”

“I don't know, you said it.”

While this was going on, Applejack noticed there was a note from Applebloom's school in the pile. “Gosh darn it, Applebloom wha' did ya do this time?!”

“Said girl?”

“Ah meant at school, ya smart mouth!”

“Hmm....” She hummed, putting a hoof to her chin. “Nothin'...Not since tha' time me an' cousin Pinkie pulled that prank on Miss Cheerilee...”


“Oh this is going to be SO fun!” Pinkie exclaimed, giggling.

“Hush Pinkie, or we're gonna git caught...” Applebloom replied, holding a baseball bat in her hooves. “Now remember, when she leaves tha class, we jump out an' scare 'er.” She continued, putting on a balaclava. Pinkie winked, putting her own on with a lead pipe in her hooves.

“Gotcha!” She replied, looking to see Cheerilee hum a tune while locking the door behind her. She turned as Applebloom and Pinkie jumped out from the wall, holding the weapons ready.

“Surprise!” The two screamed, causing Cheerilee to scream. Applebloom giggled a bit , but Pinkie smacked Cheerilee over the head with the lead pipe.

“Shut up and give us the money!” Pinkie cried, smacking her in the ribcage.

“Pinkie! What are ya doin'?!” Pinkie ignored her, smacking Cheerilee in the foreleg, causing a crunch sound to be heard. Cheerilee cried out in pain. “Sweet Celestia, Pinkie, stop it!”

One loud crack of the pipe hitting her head was all Cheerilee could take before passing out. Pinkie then took off the balaclava and yelled out. “Surprise! Fooled you I bet you were fooled! Huh, were ya?”

Applebloom leaned over her teacher, discarding her balaclava. “Pinkie, she needs ta go ta tha hospital!”

“Oh, I betcha you never saw us coming! HAHAHA We so fooled you!”

“Ah think she's bleedin' internally!”


“I still can't believe she thought that joke was funny...”

“Mighta been tha pain killers talkin'.” Applejack said, reading the letter. “Looks like we got a go ta a meeting wit' her today.”

“But it's Saturday! Me an' Sweetie Belle were gonna go fishin'.” Soarin looked a little confused.

“Why?” Applebloom shrugged.

“Don' know, Ah heard she had a Griffon friend...” Applebloom replied, thinking of the scene of Sweetie Belle and a large bird like thing in front of her ripping a fresh fish apart, with herself off in the corner huddling in fear. “Actually school sounds good.” She changed her mind.

“Might as well git this over wit' quickly, Twi said she had somethin' important ta tell us.”


“Cheerilee?” Applejack asked, knocking on the door.

The fuchsia mare smiled briskly. “It's open Applejack, come on in!” She called, allowing the two in. Cheerilee looked confused. “Oh, hi Applebloom?”

“Hi Miss Cheerilee, sorry 'bout whatever Ah did...” Applebloom replied, her bow drooping a bit with her demeanour.

“Um...You haven't done anything Applebloom...In fact I only needed to talk to Applejack. You can go if you want.” Both the Apple siblings looked surprised, but Applebloom let out a cheerful whoop before rushing out the door.

“No running in the...And she's gone.” Cheerilee smiled a bit, shaking her head. “Now Applejack, I called you in here to talk about something serious.”

“Is this 'bout tha' storm tha' Rainbow put outside yer house, Ah already told her tha' jus' cause ya gave Scoots a bad grade don't mean she can damage yer property.”

“No, no nothing like that.” Cheerilee smiled. “I, in fact, called you here because of this.” She continued, putting a sheet of paper in front of her.

Applejack looked at it, seeing a whole lot of 'F's on the paper and her name on the top. “It's come to my attention that you had failed sixth grade.”

“Well yeah, bu' Ah had other thin's on ma mind an' Ah was drunk half tha' time.”

“You were twelve?”

“Ah had bad parents, alrigh', shoot me!” Cheerilee recoiled.

“Oh I'm sorry, I didn't mean any offence...”

“No seriously, shoot me. They used ta do it everytime Ah spoke outta hoof.”


“Alrigh' Applejack, let's try this again. Howdy, ma name is Golden Delicious.” A young Applejack shook the older stallion's hoof.

“Pleased ta meet ya, Ah'm Applejack. Ah live on a farm...” Golden took his hoof back and shot her in her front forehoof. Applejack cried out in pain, clutching the wound.

“For tha last time! Wait ta be asked a question before givin' information on yerself!”


“Course it made sense why Big Mac was so quiet after tha'...” Cheerilee's eye twitched after hearing that story. “Ah'm sorry, Ah musta bin borin' ya, so wha' was tha' 'bout ma bad grades?”

Cheerilee shook out of her state, trying to pass that off as a joke, before replying. “W-well. You see the law of Education that was erected in 930 A.B.N.M...” She was cut off by a giggling Applejack. “What?”

“You said erected...” Cheerilee sighed as the orange Earth Pony continued to giggle.

“Yes...Well all dirty jokes aside, this is quite serious. The law of Education states that a working pony has to have, at least, a sixth grade level of education...It means that you've been working illegally for the last thirteen years!”

“What?!” Applejack cried, standing up from her chair and knocking it backwards. “What da ya mean? Ah'm sure if tha' were tha case, somepony woulda said somethin' by now!”

“Well...Our Education system wasn't exactly great but Princess Twilight helped us get everything back on track and sorted out again and that's when I found your old report card.” Cheerilee's face took on a more gentle look. “As soon as I saw this, I knew I had to do something about it...”

“Yer n-not gonna arrest me...Right?” Applejack asked in a more Fluttershy kind of way than her own.

“Of course not, in fact I managed to strike a deal with the Princesses. They won't have you arrested, but there is one condition...”

“Name it! Ah can do whatever they throw at me!” Cheerilee sighed a bit.

“You'll have to come back to school.” The colour drained away from Applejack's face.

“Th-that means Ah'll be...in tha same class as ma own sister...”

“It wouldn't have been my first choice, but you do need to pass sixth grade. This was the only solution I could come up with...I'm sure your friends will be supportive.”


Rainbow was rolling on the floor of the library, laughing hysterically at her best friend's predicament. Applejack blushed a little more, hiding away under her stetson.

“Rainbow, can't you be a little bit more considerate!” Rarity scolded, giving Applejack a one armed, hug. “This is obviously a delicate subject and not one she thought was going to be the butt of your jokes.”

“I'm s-s-s-sorry it's just...The thought of a twenty five year old in the middle of a class of twelve y-year olds is j-just...HAHAHAHA!” Fluttershy let out a little giggle too, but then gasped and hid under her mane, feeling slightly ashamed of her reaction. Pinkie was staying surprisingly quiet and Twilight was on Applejack's other side, feeling slightly bad about this.

“I'm sorry AJ, maybe if I left the Education system the way it was then they wouldn't have found out about this!”

“You had to though, Twilight.” Spike said, coming out of the kitchen wearing his pink apron holding out a tray of hay-cakes. “They were still teaching us the alphabet when I started! I'm surprised anyone passed the sixth grade!”

“Thanks Spike...Tha' makes me feel a bit better...” Applejack said, slightly reassured that it wasn't her fault she failed those tests.

“Just the Alphabet?”

“Well...That and some disturbing things...”


“Welcome! Everypony, pick your lab partners and get ready to dissect your frogs!” The teacher, a pale brown Earth Pony stallion with a blonde mane said with authority. Applebloom sat next to Spike, as Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo already sat next to each other.

Spike rose his hand, to which the teacher nodded. “Yes, young scale pony!”

“Um...There's no such thing as a scale pony and where's Mr. Page Turner?”

“Oh, he's off sick today, so I'll be conducting your biology lesson.” Applebloom then raised her hoof. “Yes, young bow pony.”

“Um...there's no such thing as a bow pony...an' aren't ya supposed ta use dead frogs for dissecting?” She asked, poking the frog, causing it to 'ribbet' in distress.

“Of course not! You'll get a much better understanding with a living subject. Any more questions?”

Applebloom turned to Spike, who shrugged. “Um...Ain't this supposed ta be a History lesson?”


“The crying...Oh Celestia the crying...” He muttered to himself before he realised that all the snacks on his tray were finished. “Son of a...You could've left me some!”

“Oh...Shorry Shpike...” Pinkie apologised through her mouthful, before spitting it into her hoof and handing it over. “Here ya go!”

“Um...I-I'll just make more...” Spike replied, turning slightly green and running into kitchen.

“Okie Doki Loki!” She replied, shoving it back into her mouth.


It was the next morning and Soarin had woken up earlier to prepare both Applebloom and Applejack for their day before opening the curtain's to his and Applejack's room. Applejack grunted and pulled the covers over her head. “C'mon AJ...”

“No! Ah don't wanna go ta school!” She replied, causing Soarin to sigh.

“C'mon Sweetie, just get out of bed. I promise it won't be that bad.”

“No! School is for losers!” Soarin gave her a a reprimanding look.

“Hey now, your sister has already left early to catch up with her friends. If she can go, you can too.” He tried to pull the covers away from her face, but she pulled it back over.

“No!”

“Maybe you'll make some friends...”

“No!”

“I know first days are scary, AJ, but your sister will be there...”

“No!”

“We can get ice-cream once I pick you up?” Applejack shifted and lifted the the cover off of her face.

“Wit' sprinkles?” Soarin nodded.

“Whatever topping you want...” She smiled and hopped out of bed, hugging her husband.

“YAY!” She then rushed into the bathroom to take a shower. Soarin shook his head before grabbing his Wonderbolt uniform from the wardrobe. Luckily for the farm, Applebuck Season was over so all Mac had to really do was prepare the rest of the products to sell, and their cousins Braeburn and Pinkie Pie were always ready to help.


“Alright students settle down! We have a new student who'll be joining us today.” The class paid their teacher their full attention when they heard a new student was joining them. “I'd like you all to welcome Applejack!”

The class were stunned when the elder Apple sibling walked into class, happily waving to her sister. “Howdy Applebloom!” Applebloom sunk in her seat between Spike and Sweetie Belle in embarrassment, her face starting to match her mane in colour.

“Well Applejack, why don't you tell the class a little bit about yourself?” Cheerilee asked as if she was actually talking to a new twelve year old.

“Um...Well...Ma name is Applejack, Ah live at Sweet Apple Acres wit' Applebloom an' ma husband Soarin an' um...Ah like apples.” Cheerilee nodded, pointing to the seat next to Scootaloo, who was trying hard not to burst out laughing at the situation.

“Why don't you take that desk between Scootaloo and Twist over there.” Cheerilee said, pointing to the orange Pegasus and spectacled Earth Pony.

Applejack nodded and tried to sit in her seat. Just as the lesson started, there was a knock at the door before Rainbow walked in, sheepishly. “Yes Miss Dash, what is it?”

“Um...I forgot to give Scootaloo her lunch.” She said, before taking a box with a handle and a picture of the Wonderbolt logo on it off her back with her wing. She then turned and saw Applejack struggling to get in the desk that was designed for a filly half her size.

She struggled to keep it together as she walked over to her adoptive daughter and handed her the box. “H-here y-y-ya go Squirt...” Scootaloo hugged the rainbow maned Pegasus goodbye before she left the room.

As soon as the door shut, a very loud laugh could be heard from the hallways along with phrases like 'So...funny...can't...breathe...!'


“Pssst! Scootaloo?” The orange filly turned to the orange mare, raising an eyebrow at her.

“What?” She whispered back to Applejack.

“Wha's tha answer ta this question?” The farm mare asked, pointing to the top of the page.

“Uh...That's where you put your name.” She responded, turning back to her own question sheet. Applebloom had finished her paper shortly after Spike and Sweetie Belle, so had turned back and saw that Applejack had just lent over to Scootaloo.

“Oh sweet Celestia, this is even more embarrassin' than tha time we tried bein' Cutie Mark Crusader Veterinarians...” She mumbled to herself, the memory playing it self in her head.


“Um...Are ya sure tha legs are supposed ta bend that way?” Applebloom asked Scootaloo, looking at the crane in front of them, it's legs around it's neck in a sort of yoga position.

“I don't know, do I look like a bird?”

“According to the fandom you're a chicken, which is a bird...” Sweetie responded.

“Well the fandom, whatever that is, can shove it's opinion right up it's own flank!” Scootaloo then turned just as they heard a loud scream from the animal caretaker Fluttershy.

“Oh whatever happened to the poor thing?!” She cried, slowly moving the birds legs away from it's neck, much to the bird's content.

“We were trying to cure his sore throat...”


“Ah never knew Fluttershy knew Kung-Foo...” She muttered to herself.


The bell rang for lunch time and all of them were let out to play in the play ground and eat their lunch. Applebloom had to drag Applejack to the Crusader's usual table, however. “But Ah wanna go on tha swing!”

“No AJ, yer too old fer tha swing...” She thought about it for a second. “Heck Ah might be too old fer tha swing.”

Applejack huffed and sat at the table next to Rumble, who was accepted into the Cutie Mark Crusaders since he was Sweetie Belle's brother-in-law and Scootaloo thought he was hot.

He rose an eyebrow at seeing Applebloom's older sister in the playground and leant to whisper to Sweetie Belle. “Sis, why's Applejack here?”

“Oh, she's our new classmate!” Sweetie replied, excitedly. Applebloom sat next to Applejack and took out her lunch box with a picture of an apple on the front. Applejack decided to do the same thing.

“Uh...Sis, Ah think Soarin went a little overboard wit' our lunches...” Applebloom said, pulling an apple pie out of the box. Applejack pulled out the same thing, giggling a bit.

“Oh this is tha only thin' Soarin knows how ta make, AB.” She replied.

“But he didn't pack any forks or spoons! How're we supp...” She was cut off when Applejack just ploughed her face right into the pie, sending the filling into several different directions, much like how Soarin eats his pies.

“How's it go...” Scootaloo started as she and Spike, who was not a member of the Cutie Mark Crusaders but still a valued friend, approached the table before she spotted the orange cowpony munching away happily into the pie. “...ing.”

“Soarin forgot ta pack spoons so Ah can't eat lunch...” Applebloom said, pouting a little. “Hasn't stopped her though...”

“Ah, could be worse...” Scootaloo started, getting a daisy sandwich, an apple and a cupcake out of her lunch. “...you could've gotten a spoon but no pie.”

“Ya always have such good lookin' lunches Scoots...Ah miss Macintosh sometimes...” Scootaloo shrugged, taking out two spoons, oddly enough.

“Yeah, dad is very insightful...” She answered, passing her one of the spoons. Applebloom smiled and finally started to eat.

“Wow, how did he know Soarin would forget to pack their spoons?” Spike asked, taking an emerald out of his bag to nibble on.

“Probably the same way he knew Lost was going to suck.” Scootaloo shrugged.


“C'mon Mac! The new show's about to start!” Rainbow called from the sofa in front of the Television.

“Nnnope...It'll suck when it reaches tha end an' will leave tha majority o' tha fan base disappointed.”


“He was not wrong.” Rumble grumbled, opening his lunch box. “Urg! Rarity has to stop letting Thunderlane make our lunches!” He said, pulling out five bits. “The school doesn't even sell food...”

“You got lucky, all I got was a picture of a sandwich!” Sweetie Belle complained, holding up a very detailed drawing of a daffodil and petunia sandwich. “Uh...We need to stop by Sugarcube Corner after school.”

“Ah'm done!” Applejack yelled, the pie tin all but wiped clean in front of her, yellow pie filling rolling off the end of her muzzle.

“AJ! Go wash face!” Applebloom demanded. Applejack folded her front hooves in front of her.

“No!”

“AJ, please!”

“Ah don't wanna!”

“Applejack yer embarrassin' me!”

“Ah'm gonna go play on tha swings!” She decided, walking towards the playground.

“Applejack...an' she's gone.” Applebloom moaned, her head colliding with the table, taking her bow and pulling it over her head. “Wha' in tarnation is wrong wit' tha' mare?!”

“Um...other than the obvious?” Applebloom glared at Sweetie Belle, who wilted a bit. “Sorry.”


“Cheese! Where's the accordion?!” Pinkie asked, wearing a blue and pink party hat.

“It's probably in your mane!” Cheese Sandwich replied, walking down the stairs, pulling said instrument out of her mane. She grinned, bouncing around excitedly.

“Oh yeah! This is going to be so much fun, right Gummy and Boneless?!” She asked the stoic alligator and the rubber chicken in his jaws. “Gummy, don't chew your brother!”

“Hey CS and PP!” Rainbow announced, walking in in her Wonderbolts outfit with Soarin and Thunderlane. “Whatcha up to and can we get some food?”

“Sure!” Pinkie cheered, zipping into the kitchen and rushed back with three large cupcakes on a tray on her back. “Here ya go! And we're getting ready for Ditzy's birthday!” She continued, sliding the tray onto the table the three sat at.

“It's Ditzy's Birthday!” Rainbow replied, shocked. She then stuffed the cupcake in her mouth and turned to her fellow Wonderbolts. “Shorry guysh, gotta get a preshent fer Ditshy!” She said before she rushed out the doors, them flapping around wildly behind her.

“I wonder if she realises that Mac bought her a present from the both of them?” Thunderlane asked, taking a bite out of his own cake.

“You want to try and catch up to her?” Soarin replied, to which Thunderlane looked out apprehensively. “Didn't think so.”

“Yeah I remember the last time we tried to keep up with her...”


“Um...Soarin? Are you okay?” Applejack asked her husband, who's fore legs seemed to be tied in a knot around the base of a lamp-post.

“Um...I think so...Better than Thunderlane at least...” Said dark grey Pegasus seemed to have the front half of his body stuck inside the wall of Sugarcube Corner, his back half stuck outside for all to see.


“My head still hurts from what I saw...” Thunderlane muttered, taking a sip from the coffee that Pinkie laid out for the two. “...Why did Gummy have a chainsaw?”


Mac hummed a tune to himself while he and Fluttershy walked amongst the animals in the farm, feeding the chickens and pigs. “So how's it goin' wit' you an' ma cousin?” He asked her, to which she smiled.

“Oh...Really good. What about you and Rainbow Dash?” Big Mac grinned back.

“Can't complain...She and Scootaloo sure have made ma life eventful.” He replied, before facing Fluttershy again. “How's he handlin' yer critters?”

“Oh he's adapting...Though I'm not sure he and Angel like each other very much...” She trailed off.


“Give me back ma hat ya devil bunny!” Braeburn called, chasing the white rabbit, wearing a hat that was much to large for him, around the cottage. Angel turned and blew a raspberry at Braeburn before diving under the couch.

The yellow stallion went to follow, but his head collided with the floor and he fell down, Fluttershy hovering next to him. “Oh dear, are you okay Braeburn?”

“Ah will be when tha dancing Luna on yer ceilin' stops...” He muttered before passing out.


“Oh I don't know what to do...I want Braeburn to move in with me and to move out of that old barn he's been sleeping in...But I don't want him and Angel to fight...”

“Sounds ta me like Angel's scared tha' he'll git less attention if'n ya 'ave ya special somepony livin' wit' ya.” Fluttershy gasped at that.

“Oh no, I'd never neglect my animals.” Big Mac nodded, throwing some feed to the chickens.

“Well then ya gotta tell 'im tha'.” He then put on a thoughtful look. “Hmm....Tha's funny. Ah feel like Ah shoulda told Dash somethin' this mornin'...”

“Big Macintosh!” Applejack called, galloping over to him with her saddlebags on and a little bit of pink stuff over her face.

“Howdy sis...Um...Ah think ya got a little ice cream on ya face?” He asked, wondering what was going on. Applejack wiped it away, grinning sheepishly.

“Sorry. Uh, can ya sign this for me?” She asked as Applebloom also walked up to them, face-hoofing herself.

“Um...” He said, taking a piece of paper from Applejack and putting on his new reading glasses to take a look at it. “...Why do Ah hafta sign a permission slip?”

“It's so Ah can go ta Sugarcube Corner wit' tha rest o' class tomorrow! Please! Please! Pleeeeeaaase!” She asked, putting on her best puppy dog eyes. Big Macintosh soon caved.

“Aw sure, sis, jus' gimme a sec...” He said, taking a quill out of his saddlebag and signing his name on the sheet. “Here ya go.”

Applejack hugged her brother in response. “Thank ya big bro!” She said, kissing him on the cheek before rushing off. He looked a bit confused.

“She hasn't kissed me on tha cheek since Applebloom was born. What's goin' on?” Applebloom sighed, kicking a bit of dirt under her hoof.

“She joined ma class an' she's bin actin' like this all day!” She complained.

“I'm sure it's not that bad.” Applebloom gave Fluttershy a deadpan look.

“No, it's worse! She's embarrassin' me!” Big Mac rose an eyebrow.

“Why's she in ya class?”

“She failed the sixth grade, apparently.” Big Mac nodded, handing her the chicken feed.

“Alrigh' y'all finish tha rounds wit' tha animals an' Ah'll sort this out.” He said, about to walk out before pausing and walking back, sheepishly. “But first, let me sign ya permission slip.”


“It's open!” Cheerilee called, before Big Mac walked into the classroom. “Oh, hello Big Mac.” She said, confused. “What can I do for you?”

“Ah'm here ta talk about AJ. Look, Ah know she mighta not done so well in 'er tests. But surely there's gotta be a better solution than havin' 'er in here?”

“I'm sorry Mac but I really couldn't think of an alternate solution...”

“Wha' if Ah home schooled 'er?” Cheerilee seemed to perk up at this. “Ah mean Applebuck season is over so Ah got minimal chores ta do. Plus Ah did go ta college.”

“That you did...” She mentioned, taking out a form. “...If you sign here, this puts Applejack's education into your care and we'll mail you when it's time for her to take her exam. If you sign here.” She said, pointing to the dotted line on the bottom, in which Mac signed. “Perfect, be sure to tell her.”

“Thank ya Miss Cheerilee...Now if'n you excuse me, Ah think Ah see Rainbow breakin' tha sound barrier outside.” He replied, noting a spectrum of colours spreading through the sky. “That either means she's performin' or apologisin' an' Ah want ta make sure it ain't tha latter.”


“Oh thanks for the party you two!” Ditzy exclaimed, wrapping her hooves around the pair of party ponies. Pinkie and Cheese grinned widely.

“No problamo, Ditzy!” Pinkie replied, as she and Cheese got a little more into the group hug.

“Yeah! What are bestest friends for?!” Cheese finished before the hug ended. Ditzy giggled when she noticed Dinky with her face submerged into a chocolate fountain along one of the walls.

“I should go. She could get a tummy ache if I leave her too long.” Ditzy replied, moving towards Dinky.

She passed by Rainbow and Mac on her. “Thanks for the performance Rainbow! It was awesome!”

“Ha, don't I know it girl!” Rainbow replied, high-hoofing her friend. “...and it turns out that may have been an extra present on top of what me, Mac and Scoots got ya.”

Ditzy's eyes got bigger and her grin broader. “Cool!” She said before going to get her daughter.

“Ah said Ah was sorry Dash, but ya do tend ta git outta tha house before Ah can git a word out...” Mac's argument fell on deaf ears as Dash turned away. “C'mon...Ah'll take ya to that Chineighs restaurant.”

Rainbow turned and rose an eyebrow. Mac rolled his eyes. “Ah'll see if'n Scootaloo would like ta spend tomorrow nigh' at Thunderlane an' Rarity's place...”

She grinned and nuzzled him on the chin a bit. “That's better, Big guy.” She approved, before walking off towards Fluttershy.

Mac grinned and shook his head, wondering just what he had gotten himself into by getting into a relationship with the athletic but mischievous Pegasus. Before that, though, he had to find Applejack.

And find her he did, talking to Rarity while Soarin was talking to Thunderlane. “Good, two apples one buck.” He mentally said, grinning, before approaching the mares first.

“Applejack.” The orange mare turned in union to the white Unicorn.

“Wha's up, Mac?” Applejack asked, curiously.

“Ah'm jus' lettin' ya know tha' Ah'll be home schoolin' ya from now on. So ya don' hafta go ta school tomorrow.” Applejack let out a happy whoop, before pausing and giving Mac a pleading look. He smiled back, knowingly. “We can still come 'ere tomorrow.”

“Yer tha best, Mac!” She replied, hugging her brother gratefully.

“Eeyup.” Mac agreed, chuckling a bit. She released him as he turned to Rarity. “Do ya mind lookin' after Scootaloo fer tomorrow night? Ah'm takin' Rainbow out.”

“Of course, she's always welcome...So long as she doesn't start rubbing Rumble up the wrong way. The poor dear was so uncomfortable.” Rarity replied, remembering the last time Scootaloo was around.


“Um...Scootaloo?” Rumble asked, turning to see he was literally nose-to-nose with the orange filly. She gave him a half-lidded stare back.

“Yes Stud?” Rumble shivered a bit, trying to politely scoot away.

“Do you mind...um...giving me a little room?” Scootaloo pursued him by sliding up to his side again, brushing her fur against his.

“You know you want it...” She replied, rubbing her head into the crook of his neck.

“Um...Sweetie Belle?! I think your friend's coming onto me!” Sweetie Belle glanced away from the Nintendo gamehoof to assess the situation, before going back to her game.

“She's just being friendly.” She dismissed, before Scootaloo started to rub her flank against his causing Rumble to blush and her head nuzzling right into the side of his. She looked back again. “Um...REALLY friendly.”


“Poor Sweetie Belle is too innocent for her own good.” Rarity said, shaking her head. Big Mac rubbed the back of his head sheepishly.

“Uh...Ah hope nothin' too bad happened...”

“She's persistent, I'll give her that. Though I think I heard Thunderlane congratulating his brother on a winning over a filly's heart...at least I think that's what he said.”

“Just tell me Ah won't need ta kick 'im in the groin again.” Rarity paused before shaking her head. “Good.”

Author's Note:

I'm sorry for any continuity errors in this fic and if the characters are a little OOC, but it's plainly for comedic effect.

Thank you to anyone who read! :)

(Edited to correct a few mistakes and for your viewing pleasure!)