• Published 15th Mar 2014
  • 2,059 Views, 47 Comments

A Day In Ponyville - FelixTheBrony



This is the everyday life of the Elements of Harmony now that they've settled down...But everyday life with them is anything but normal.

  • ...
32
 47
 2,059

Movie Night

Movie Night

“C'mon Spike! Hurry!” Twilight ordered, using her magic to place two more cushions in the entertainment room in her new castle (Which was still a bit of an eyesore in the quaint little town of Ponyville, but it beat living on the streets.)

Spike, for his part, grumbled and pulled a table, with a tonne of snacks upon it, into the room, the many bottles of drink shaking around with the drag.

“Can I go pick Applebloom up now?!” Spike complained after he had got it into the right space (It was placed in the chalk outline of said table on the ground that Twilight had drawn up.) “I'd like to do so, on time, at least once!”

Twilight looked back at the dragon and took to making her excuses. “C'mon Spike! I need you!”

Spike glanced to the doorway and frowned. “Why don't you ask Flash Sentry? Or Spirit Guard or Aegis or any of the guard?!”

“...It's not in their job description.”

The baby dragon just sighed, slapping his hand up to his forehead and dragged it down in an exaggerated fashion. “It's not in mine either! So I'm going to go and pick up my fillyfriend!” He announced, charging out the door.

“I'm so docking your pay for this!”

“You don't pay me!”

Flash looked as the little dragon huffed some smoke out of his mouth, grabbed his coat off the rack and rounded the corner and towards the hallway that led to the front gate. He shook his head and entered the room that Twilight appeared to be struggling to set up. “Sweetie, I think you need to calm down a little.”

Twilight turned to the new Captain of the Royal: Ponyville division, a manic look in her eyes. “Calm down! No I don't need to calm down! This is the first time I'll be holding our Seasonal Movie Night! I need to make sure everything will be perfect!” She said, adding a few more cushions. “Is this enough cushions?”

Flash blinked and looked down, noticing that all that he could see were cushions of different shapes and sizes all over the place. He lowered his eyelids into a deadpan stare. “No, I think I still see some floor over there.”

“No! Bad floor!” Twilight, throwing several more cushions in that directions, oblivious to the obvious sarcasm in Flash's voice.


“So what movie do you think Twilight will be having us watch?” Fluttershy asked as she and Rarity walked towards the castle from the spa, having decided to head straight there after their weekly get-together.

“I don't know, Dear, but I do hope it's not Titanic again. Poor little Spike just couldn't stop the tears flowing,” Rarity replied, not noticing said baby dragon heading in the direction past them.

“Those two had only each other!” Spike yelled, a hint of a tear still in his eye of the memory of the two crossed Earth Pony and Unicorn lovers on a ship doomed to fail. The mares stared at him a little before he sniffed and ran towards the farm.

Rarity giggled a bit and Fluttershy looked on, concerned. “Do you think he'll be okay?”

“Oh he'll be fine,” Rarity waved off. “He gets a little emotional when it comes to the tragedy genre and he won't accept comfort from anyone except Twilight, Applebloom or myself,” She continued, steering her friend back towards the castle.


“Can you believe her?!” Sweetie Belle complained to Scootaloo as the two were heading towards the Carousel Boutique where their coltfriends and Thunderlane were waiting for them to head to Twilight's place.

Scootaloo nodded, feeling quite grumpy too. “Yeah! I mean I don't know what Dumb Tiara wants?! She calls us Blank Flanks, and now that we aren't, she still wants to make fun of us!”

“And about what? The fact that we have coltfriends? Oh boo freaking hoo!” Sweetie continued having to have endured Diamond Tiara saying something along the lines 'Eww! Cootie Magnet alert!'

“Cooties?! Freaking cooties?! How old is she?!” Scootaloo agreed, rolling her eyes. “Does she not realise that Silver Spoon has been dating Snails for two years!”

“I'm surprised the priss even notices that we 'commoners' exist!” Sweetie Belle vented before taking a deep breath in, then let it out again. “Jeez, how does Applebloom stay so calm these days?!”

“I think she said something about imagining that Diamond Tiara was slowly being skinned alive by some armoured alien with dreadlocks and blades on their arms,” Scootaloo answered, shrugging. The Unicorn beside her raised an eyebrow at that.

“Thaaaat's...Awfully specific...”

“She said that Lyra told her about them. Called them Predators,” Scootaloo shrugged again, now trying to imagine that very scene and getting a shiver of delight at seeing her Nemesis’s skin getting peeled off like a banana.

“Okay...” Sweetie stated, slowly looking away from her friend who had taken to muttering 'play the xylophone with her ribs', before trying to imagine the scenario herself.

It was...strangely comforting seeing some good old karma being thrown at the filly, despite the fact it was all in her head, and started to smile a sadistic and evil smile.

After a few seconds of this, both their eyes snapped open in shock and looked to each other. “There is something serious wrong with us!”

“Yeah...”


Pinkie and Applejack entered Rainbow and Mac's house, trying to find Rainbow herself. She had said to Mac that she'd catch up to him but had to do something first, but Applejack and Pinkie were going to meet her to discuss using the barn for the reception for the wedding day.

“So are we going with the hard sell, or are we going to offer her the discount?” Pinkie asked, brightly, not noticing Applejack face-hoof herself.

“We ain't going ta charge Rainbow ta use our barn, Sugarcube, she an' Mac live here!” Applejack stressed, causing Pinkie to tilt her head to the side.

“...So discount?” Applejack sighed, rolling her eyes before her ears caught the sound of hoof steps.

“Rainbow?!” She called up to her, trying to get her other friend's attention, if only to change the subject. She heard a gasp and the sound of steps coming down the steps.

“Hey guysh,” Rainbow replied anxiously, a small device in her mouth. “Howsh it going?”

“Ah'm swell RD,” Applejack answered looking at the device in her mouth, eyes widening in realisation. “Wait a minute, is that...”

She was interupted by a ringing and noticed Tank on the top of the stairs with an alarm clock. Rainbow's eyes widened and placed the device down on the ground, carefully, and stared at the little cross that appeared on the result area.

Pinkie and Applejack glanced down at the result and whipped their heads back up at her in surprise. “Rainbow? Are you okay?” Applejack asked, noticing that the Pegasus was standing stock still, no emotion was visible.

“Rainbow Dash?” Pinkie also asked, getting a little worried too. “Dashie? Don't worry, Mac will understand!”

“I'm pregnant...” Rainbow whispered to herself, not quite believing it.

“Ah know, Sugarcube,” Applejack said, giving her friend a comforting hug. “Heat took us by surprise this year, fer sure, an' Ah'm sure you an' Mac couldn't help yerselves. Most couples aspire ta never have sex before marriage, but it's perfectly normal to,” Applejack stressed, not noticing the smile that started to rise on her friend's face.

“I'm pregnant...I'm pregnant!” Rainbow cried out, happily wrapping Applejack and Pinkie in a massive surprise hug which even Pinkie herself didn't see coming. Tank smiled, slowly, from the top of the stairs and made his way down towards the kitchen.

“Ha! Those doctors said I couldn't get pregnant, but I showed them!” Rainbow cheered, releasing her friends who had now started to catch her breath.

They looked at each other and the party pony flopped to the floor. “Wow! This certainly was a doozy! I was wondering what that was going to be all morning!”

“Right,” Applejack sighed, turning to the ecstatic Pegasus who was all but dancing in elation at this new revaluation. “Well Ah'm happy fer ya Dash, an Ah can't wait ta see mah future niece or nephew but Ah thought you said there was something wrong wit' ya cervix?”

“Huh?” Rainbow let out, turning to her friend. “Oh yeah, they said that the cervix was a bit...um unusually closed and don't let the eggs from the ovaries through...”

Applejack thought about that before she looked at her with a deadpan expression. “Rainbow ya said ya where barren! Lot's o' ponies have this problem, it just means yer have larger gaps between heat seasons! You'd be able to conceive jus' fine!”

Rainbow took this in and looked at her, a little surprised. “Wait, how do you know?”

“Ah have the same problem,” Applejack replied. “Soarin an' I've been tryin' ourselves an' Ah got a potion from Zecora jus' last week. It's in mah fridge right now, ready fer tonight.”

There was an awkward pause for about a minute before Rainbow shuffled her hooves a bit. “Um...This potion wouldn't have happened to have been orange would it?”

“Yeah? How did you know that?” The farmer asked, raising her eyebrow.

“I kinda thought that was orange juice...” Applejack's eye twitched as Rainbow gave a sheepish grin. “Sorry?”

“...If ya weren't pregnant I'd smack ya real hard right now...”


“So which movie do you guys think I should open with?” Twilight asked the assembled guards that sat in her main room, all having been ordered to sit on one of the cushion. There were seven guards in total. Flash, Spirit Guard, Aegis, Nocturne, Torch, Guerilla and Point Blank.

They all looked to the ten disc cases assembled before Aegis, a white Pegasus with a black mane, pointed at the one with a strange egg on the cover. “How about Alien?”

“No way!” Nocturne a bat pony with a dark blue mane and black fur, argued, picking up one with a shield representing the colours of Equestria's flag on. “They should watch Captain Equestria for sure!”

“They only made that movie to set up the Revengers!” Torch, a red Unicorn with a blue mane, countered holding up a disc case with a picture of an important looking stallion smoking. “I think it should be the Godfather!”

Guerilla, a brown Earth Pony with a darker brown mane, snorted. “Over-rated, I agree with Aegis. Horror for the win!”

Point Blank, a white Unicorn with a blue mane, and Spirit Guard, a Bat Pony with red fur and a black mane, both shook their heads and pointed to the case with a large, stylised 'S' on the front. “Supercolt for sure!”

The six continued to argue as Flash and Twilight lowered their eyelids at the assembled ponies. “I really need to think things through,” Twilight said, shaking her head. “They'll be debating for a while, won't they?”

“'Fraid so,” Flash sighed, face-hoofing himself. “Given me the six best, they said! They'll be a blast to have around, they said!”


“Applebloom?” Spike called out as he opened the door, Braeburn following behind him. Spike had seen him finishing up rounds in the orchard with Big Mac and the yellow stallion had decided to accompany the young drake.

The room was empty, a couple of dishes left on the side to be washed up later. “Ah'll wait out here fer ya.”

“She'll probably be in her room,” Spike said to himself, pretty much ignoring Braeburn as he ventured into the house. After a little bit he turned and knocked on the door. “AB?” He asked as he opened the door.

Suddenly a loud shriek was heard and the door was slammed into his nose with a powerful kick of his fillyfriend's hooves, only to bounce back off of it. “OW!!!”

“What the heck Spike?!” Applebloom cried out, her usual bow missing from her mane, it as well as her barrel wrapped in towels. “Can't a filly git a little privacy while she's changing?!”

“Oh! Sorry,” Spike replied, turning away...before something occurred to him. “Wait a minute, you're always naked!”

“Ah most certainly am not!” Applebloom pouted, throwing her used towel over his head, before quickly tying her bow. “Ah always have mah bow!”

Spike removed the towel and gave the filly a deadpan stare. “I've seen you withou...huh?” Spike paused, putting a hand to his chin. “Come to think of it I haven't actually seen you without something on.”

Applebloom continued to pout at him for a bit, before softening a little. “Is yer nose okay?”

Spike shifted the towel over to his nose and dabbed it, pulling it back to inspect it. “It's not bleeding, but there'll be a heck of a bruise there. You've got some strong legs on ya,” Applebloom puffed out her chest, proudly.

“Course Ah do! Ah'm an Apple, so we all build up our strength at some point!” She declared, taking her old bow she had in before she showered and threw it into a laundry basket next to the door where Spike is.

He turned and saw that the basket was filled to the brim with pink bows, then looked to Applebloom's closet which he could see had many more bows in, all the same pink colour. “Uh...Have enough bows?”

“AH DON'T HAVE A PROBLEM!!!”


“So do ya think Braeburn enjoyed his three line cameo?!” Cheese asked as he and Soarin approached the castle.

Soarin rose an eyebrow. “Cameo? What the heck are you talking about?”

“Oh just the same thing that's happening to us,” Cheese explained, counting down in his head.

“Um...What's gonna happened to us?”

Three...Two...One...


“Yer pregnant?!” Mac exclaimed, happily, hugging Rainbow firmly inside the castle's round table (They called it that because reasons!) “That's great news! We're goin' ta be parents!”

“Um...” Applejack interrupted, causing the two to look at her. “What about Scootaloo?”

“...Ah meant biologically, AJ,” Big Mac explained, causing Applejack to nod and turn away, not noticing Mac let out a sigh of relief.

“But that's a point! You guys need to tell Scootaloo! Ooh! And Twilight and Fluttershy and Rarity and Applebloom and Spike and Sweetie Belle and Ditzy and Soarin and...”

“Why would they prioritize Ditzy over Soarin an' tha guys?” Applejack asked, not derailing Pinkie at all. As if the pink party mare hadn't noticed at all.

“...and Mayor Mare and Cranky Doodle and Lyra and DJ PON3 and Angel Bunny and the Rainbow Factory and Mr. Muffin and Mr. Potato Head and...”

“Ah think Pinkie's broken again...” Mac dead-panned, turning towards the glass case titled 'Break Glass if Pinkie Rambles' and proceeded slam his bare hoof into the glass.

Pinkie continued as if all was normal, not noticing Mac reel back. “...and the Author needs to know, oh and the FiMFiction community! Oh they'll be so exci...” Whatever Pinkie was going to say next was cut off as an apple pie had impacted right into her face, smearing pie filling over her pink coat. The pie tin, now having the shape of Pinkie's face in the metal, slowly fell off onto the ground.

All was silent for a little bit until Pinkie's mouth opened and her much too large tongue scooped all of the pie off of her face and vacuuming it into her mouth, and swallowing it all with an audible gulp.

Pinkie smiled brightly for a few seconds, before frowning and tilting her head to the side. “What were we talking about?”


“Alright! So we're are all agreed?!” Twilight asked, holding the Alien disc case up. “We will watch Alien first, then we will watch The Godfather and then Captain Equestria. If we have time, we will watch either Predator or Colt of Steel, depending on the mood. Agreed?”

“Agreed!” Six of the seven replied, Aegis the only one voicing a complaint.

“I thought you said it'd be Supercolt, not Colt of Steel?” Twilight's eye twitched, turning the case around to look at it.

“Is there a difference?”

“Well yeah, Supercolt was the classic made in 968 ANM (After Nightmare Moon) and Colt of Steel was that crappy remake made in 4 RL (Return of Luna).” Twilight's eye twitched again.

“I happen to like Colt of Steel,” She mentioned, her eyes turning venomous for a second causing Aegis to flinch back in fear when he saw her horn envelope with a purple mist. “Care to tell me what's wrong with it?”

“Um...Uh...” Most stallions had a lot of responses to the questions mares ask them such as 'You're right', 'I'm sorry' and 'No that dress doesn't make you look fat' but this was one of those rare cases where he was left kind of speechless.

So he just had to wing it. “Nothing! It's a cinematic masterpiece!”

...Hey, he had to wing it, didn't mean he had to maintain his dignity.

“...Good!” Twilight replied brightly, gathering the movies to carry into the sitting room.

The Guard looked to Flash, dumbfounded, while he had his pupils replaced with little hearts. “I love it when she gets angry...So hot...”

Author's Note:

...Just for the record, I have nothing against Man of Steel. I'm not gonna pretend it was the greatest movie I've ever seen *cough*Aliens*cough*, but I won't deny that I enjoyed it.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed the chapter and I hope to get the next chapter out soon. Thanks for reading :pinkiehappy: I :heart: you all!

Comments ( 2 )

Great chapter. I love that Rainbow drank AppleJack's potion. Also go Flash's obsession with feisty Twilight. This is great. Thanks for the update.

Babies are coming :D

Login or register to comment