• Published 23rd Mar 2014
  • 1,627 Views, 28 Comments

The Noteworthy of the Bon-Bon - Duke of Canterlot



Bon-Bon becomes worried that her marefriend is cheating on her with a stallion.

  • ...
8
 28
 1,627

The Convenience

Bon-Bon and Twilight Sparkle walked briskly through the tunnel. At this point, anything was better than being locked up by Plot Convenience.

Despite Twilight's "flashlight", the tunnel was still dark. Bon-Bon went into one of the tunnels when she was a filly with Pinkie Pie. However, the pink pony was so familiar with the tunnel that she knew exactly where she was going. Neither Bon-Bon nor Twilight had that advantage.

"I wonder where this tunnel is going to lead us", said Twilight, "hopefully, above ground."

"Did Pinkie ever talk to you about the tunnels", asked Bon-Bon.

"No, she hasn't", responded Twilight, "until you brought it up, I honestly never knew these tunnels existed. Where is Pinkie anyway?"

"I don't know for sure, for Pinkie's sake, I hope that Plot isn't lying to us about Pinkie's whereabouts."

"I can't believe that Pinkie Pie would just take off like that", said Twilight with disappointment, "and leave that thing in her place."

"I do believe though that Pinkie wouldn't want to disappoint her friends. If she felt the need to leave for some reason, finding a substitute would be a Pinkie Pie-esque solution."

"I suppose", said Twilight, "oh Celestia, this explains so much. I just hope Pinkie is alright."

"Me too, Twilight."

The two mares continued their trek in the tunnel. Bon-Bon felt more apprehensive. There seemed to be no end in sight.

"Twi, do you have any spells which can detect an exit?"

"That would be too convenient", said Twilight with a smile, "so, probably not."

"Damn it, Twilight", responded Bon-Bon with a chuckle, "oh well, I guess we're stuck here forever."

"This tunnel isn't so bad."

"Too bad that jackass changeling is going to ruin Ponyville, then I would have wanted to stay here forever."

"Bon-Bon, I respect your judgment. Tell me, how would you propose fighting Plot Convenience?"

Bon-Bon admired the fact that the princess was interested in what Bon-Bon had to say. She didn't want to look stupid in front of Twilight. However, Bon-Bon did have some thoughts on what to do.

"I think one thing which will affect our strategy greatly is the size of Plot's army. We know that there are at least two changelings..Plot and the one who was imponyating you."

"How likely do you think that there could be many changelings involved?"

"My feeling is there can't be. Plot seems like a loser who doesn't have many friends. She must have given some male changeling a bj in order to get him to join her."

"Regardless, we should prepare for that possibility. If a changeling is still imponyating me, we can catch them off guard. Ponyville will see that there are two Twilights."

"You kicked some changeling ass before, you can do it again, right?"

"Of course, Bon-Bon. What about you?"

"Of course, her plot is going to get handed on a silver platter."

"I see what you did there, you're going to screw them up if you keep talking like that."

"How do you know that would work?"

"I can barely take those puns as it is, Bonnie", Twilight laughed, "if Celestia heard you say stuff like that, she would send you to the moon."

"What", responded Bon-Bon, "Plot is a plot and has a plot, right?"

"You're a pain in the plot."

"You want to join me on the moon?"

"I am an alicorn. I'd outlast you."

"Oh right, the immortal thing. So, Celestia plans to punish you by having you spend the rest of your days with my dead body."

"A dead Bon-Bon can't make puns, so I guess that would be an okay punishment."

Bon-Bon and Twilight noticed a stone wall in front of them.
Was this the end of the tunnel? No, it couldn't be. They needed to get out. There was obviously something beneath the wall, but what?

"How the hell are we going to get out of here", asked Bon-Bon.

"It's magic."

"Huh?.... Oh Celestia! Twilight, you are much worse than me."

"It will get us out of here. I am sure of it..", said Twilight while scanning the wall, "there should be some spell that will break the wall. It isn't normal stone though."

"It is a product of Pinkie Pie's world", responded Bon-Bon, "expect it to be bizarre."

"The wall appears to be made of the same mineral as the wall in the basement." Twilight tried spell after spell but the wall was unmovable. This went on for about ten to fifteen minutes. Bon-Bon had a feeling of what needed to be done but Twilight wouldn't like it.

"Hey, Twilight."

"What? You're just going to stand there eating bonbons watching me toil?"

Oh Celestia, Twilight was much worse.

"Nope, I actually had an idea."

"Yea?"

"Remember how we got out of the basement?"

"No shit.. oh, there has to be a better way."

"We don't have time to think of a better way, Twilight! Give it a try."

"But.. my horn still aches.."

"Do you want to stay in this tunnel?"

"Fine." Twilight scowled at Bon-Bon and began scraping the wall with her horn.

"That looks like fun, I wish I could do that."

"Loads of fun, Bon-Bon. Loads of fun.. owww...."

The wall began to open. It almost seemed pleased by Twilight using her horn.

"You were right, Twilight. It took magic to open the wall."

"Oww.. how does Lyra put up with you?"

"You've met Lyra, right?"

"Oh right. You two were made for each other."

The wall finished opening. There was a staircase.

Bon-Bon walked up the staircase. Twilight flew up to the top.

"Hey, Bonnie", shouted Twilight, "you're so slow!"

"I would fly faster than you if I had wings."

"Yea, you would be part of the Wonderbolts."

"I would love to wear the spandex they wear when flying. All the ponies would want to sleep with me."

"Doesn't a Wonderbolt need to be physically attractive in order for that to happen?"

"Screw you, I'm almost there."

"C'mon, a tortoise could do it faster than you."

Bon-Bon was going up the stairs as fast as she could. Twilight was giving her a hard time for understandably good reasons. Twilight's horn must have been in pain after having to open two stone walls. Bon-Bon got to the top and saw that Twilight was examining the low ceiling.

"Oh, damn it", muttered Twilight, "I think I know how we can get out of here...."

Bon-Bon felt bad for Twilight, but this would hopefully all be worth it.

Twilight began scraping the ceiling with her horn. A minute or two later, the ceiling opened and the moon light shined on the two mares.
It felt good to be so close to outside. Luckily, all Bon-Bon had to do was jump and she was out.

"Good teamwork", said Bon-Bon with a smile.

"Yea", responded Twilight with a sigh of relief, "thanks for helping me out. My horn will be okay."

"Now, we have to figure out where those changelings are."

They were so close to completely destroying Plot's plan.. so close...what was Plot going to do? There was no way she was going to be able to capture them again.. no damn way... Twilight was able to detect changelings, which was convenient.


Bon-Bon and Twilight arrived at Bon-Bon's apartment.

"Hopefully, a changeling hasn't taken my form", said Bon-Bon.

"She would be prettier than you", responded Twilight.

Bon-Bon rolled her eyes at the snarky alicorn.

Bon-Bon opened the door to her apartment. There was Lyra and she looked angry.
"Lyra, I have so much to tell you...", began Bon-Bon.

"You have some nerve coming back here with Twilight Sparkle! I saw what you two were up to in open daylight. Making out with each other like goddamn animals!"

"Lyra.. I can explain."

"Explain what I saw?"

Oh shit. Those motherfucking changelings.. that's what they were doing while Bon-Bon and Twilight were locked up in the basement. Bon-Bon hated their pathetic ploy to break up her and Lyra.. all because Bon-Bon wouldn't cooperate with Plot and her plan.

"Lyra", said Twilight calmly, "those ponies weren't us. They were changelings. We can explain everything to you, but please listen to us. I swear, by Celestia, that Bon-Bon and I never kissed one another."

"Changelings", said Lyra with skepticism, "that is a convenient excuse."

Bon-Bon felt so hurt. She wanted to cry.

"Please, Lyra", said Bon-Bon with tears in her eyes, "you have to believe us. Why would I break your heart like that?"

"I dunno", responded Lyra, "you thought I would never find out. You think I'm sleeping with Noteworthy and you decided to retaliate by being with Perfect Princess Sparkle here."

Bon-Bon was getting irritated. Why was Lyra doing this?

"Don't be stupid, Lyra", said Bon-Bon, "I love you. You know that."

Suddenly out of nowhere, Twilight tackled Lyra. Who would have thought Twilight would be offended by the "Princess Perfect Sparkle" insult?

However, it was all explained when Bon-Bon saw that Lyra wasn't Lyra at all. Twilight used a spell which turned the mint green unicorn into a changeling.
The changeling wasn't Plot Convenience, but one of her partners in crime. Twilight must have known as soon as she saw "Lyra" that she was a changeling, simply waiting to catch it off guard.

"Where is Lyra", growled Bon-Bon.

The changeling began to speak.

Author's Note:

To be continued...
Another busy week at work led to the long delay between chapters.