• Published 23rd Mar 2014
  • 1,626 Views, 28 Comments

The Noteworthy of the Bon-Bon - Duke of Canterlot



Bon-Bon becomes worried that her marefriend is cheating on her with a stallion.

  • ...
8
 28
 1,626

Music Is In The Air

Bon-Bon could hear Lyra's loud laughter. Lyra was so free-spirited and naïve. She probably had no clue what Noteworthy really wanted from her. Or was Bon-Bon being too naïve about Lyra, was her marefriend capable of infidelity? Ignorance on the matter was going to get the cream-colored earth pony nowhere.

Bon-Bon made her way closer to the front with Seamore. Ponies would have probably been normally pissed off by her pushing her way, but everypony was either too focused on the Ponytones setting up or smiled at Seamore. Having a seal for a companion did have its advantages.

Bon-Bon tapped Lyra's back. Lyra jumped slightly and turned around.

"Oh hey, Bon-Bon", said Lyra with a smile, "ooh, who is your new friend?"

"Oh him, this is Seamore."

Seamore barked and extended a flipper to Lyra.
Lyra extended her forehoof in return and the two shook.

"This would be a lot easier if we had hands", commented Lyra.

Noteworthy laughed obnoxiously. He turned around.

"Hey Bon-Bon", said Noteworthy, "you gonna take that seal home with you?"

Seamore nodded.

"Woah", said Lyra, "we now have a pet seal, that's totally badass!"

"We would just have to figure out how to have Seamore adjust to our cozy apartment. He currently lives over by Fluttershy's cottage where he has a lot of space to roam around."

"Hmmmm, we won't have much space for Seamore. Where would he swim? The bathtub?"

Seamore shook his head and pointed to a small above-ground wading pool.

"It looks like Seamore already answered that for us. Good thing the landlord has a pets allowed policy."

"Pets can be messy though."

"I doubt Seamore is as messy as you, Lyra."

"Nonsense", said Noteworthy loudly, "Lyra is the neatest pony I know."

Bon-Bon rolled her eyes at the stallion. The bird perched on Noteworthy's head flew onto Bon-Bon's head.

"Oh, Noteworthy", giggled Lyra, "you scared the poor bird away."

"I didn't even put on my scary face", joked Noteworthy.

Lyra laughed but neither Bon-Bon, Seamore, nor the bird were amused.

"Animals like soft-spoken ponies best, that explains partially why Fluttershy does so well with them", said Bon-Bon.
That could explain why Seamore and the bird felt more comfortable around her than Lyra and Noteworthy.
Bon-Bon wasn't shy like Fluttershy, but she was more on the introverted side and had a soft voice.

"You could leave that boring number crunching job you have now and become an animal caretaker", said Lyra with a smile.

"True", said Bon-Bon, "but my salary would drop to a level where you would have to start paying rent too."

"Rent? What's a rent? I thought it was my magic that was keeping us at the apartment."

"What's a rent", repeated Noteworthy with laughter, "Lyrie, you're hilarious."

Lyrie? Lyra absolutely hated that nickname but the unicorn simply grinned at Noteworthy.

Okay, Bon-Bon was now officially worried, without a doubt.

For now, it was time to watch the Ponytones perform.

A white unicorn mare entered from behind the curtain and said, "Good evening, citizens of Ponyville! I want to thank you all for coming out tonight and generously supporting the Ponyville Pet Center! Thanks to your kindness, pets are finding loving homes, and we're sure to meet our fundraising goal!"

The audience cheered.

"The Ponytones are definitely my favorite a cappella group", said Lyra with a grin.

"Mine too", said Noteworthy.

Big McIntosh, Toe-Tapper, and Torch Song got on stage with the unicorn mare and then they began to sing.

"Trot outside and you see the sunshine
Something's in the air today
Sky is clear and you're feelin' so fine
Everything's gonna be A-Okay

If you listen carefully
On every corner there's a rhythm playing
Then it happens suddenly
The music takes you over and you'll

Find you've got the music
Got the music in you
Find you've got the music
Got the music in you

Oh, o-o-oh
Everypony's sayin' you should learn to express your voice
But if talk doesn't seem like it's the answer

Luckily you have a choice
When you find you've got the music
Got the music in you
Find you've got the music
Got the music in you
Got the music, got the music in you!"

Bon-Bon usually wasn't a big fan of a cappella, but she had to admit they were good.
They were better than the a cappella groups she had seen when she was at Canterlot University.
It made the earth pony wish she had a decent singing voice.

Everypony applauded, including Seamore who was very much impressed.

"Wow, I see why you like them", Bon-Bon said to Lyra, "but what's the unicorn's name? Having trouble recalling it."

"Oh her", said Lyra, "that is Rarity. Funny she's the one you didn't know, Rarity is probably the most famous of the four."

"Oh, but Big Mac is the most handsome of the group." The two of them would regularly talk about stallions who were hot and ones who were not despite being a lesbian couple. What would Lyra say with Noteworthy around?

"Yea, he is a hunk", responded Lyra, "but has no personality."

"He's got plenty of it", retorted Bon-Bon, "he's just a little shy."

"Ho ho", laughed Noteworthy, "I got much more personality than McIntosh, right Lyra?"

"Of course", responded Lyra with a smile, "you have more personality than no personality."

Lyra and Noteworthy laughed. Seamore growled at Noteworthy.

"Woah, little guy", said Noteworthy, "what's the matter?"

"Seamore is a fan of Big Mac too", said Bon-Bon petting Seamore.

"Eeyup", said Lyra.

Seamore must have sensed exactly what Bon-Bon sensed. There was something going on between the two of them. Bon-Bon was 100% confident that Noteworthy wanted to sleep with Lyra. However, what did Lyra want out of it? Bon-Bon needed to stay optimistic. She didn't initiate any flirting with the stallion yet. It was all the work of Noteworthy. The stallion had some balls to do that around Bon-Bon, or was he simply failing miserably at trying to be subtle?

"We should get going, Lyra. Want to figure out if Seamore can live with us, right!"

"Yea, we should."

Seamore clapped his flippers with excitement.

"Lyra and Bon-Bon, It was a pleasure seeing you both", said Noteworthy with a smile, "we certainly heard beautiful music tonight."

"Oh, yes we have, Noteworthy", responded Lyra.

No sense of romance between Lyra and Noteworthy during that interaction, however, she was there. If Lyra was cheating on Bon-Bon, Lyra certainly wouldn't make it obvious when she knew that Bon-Bon was around.

On their way out, Bon-Bon could hear Pinkie's voice: "Fluttershy, you were on the wrong side of the curtain! You totally missed the show!"

Bon-Bon could hear Rarity respond, "Uh, just like a true professional, Fluttershy was backstage making sure everything ran smoothly!"

It made Bon-Bon wonder. What did Pinkie do to Fluttershy that had Applejack so miffed with Pinkie?
Bon-Bon wished she just asked. Applejack would have told the truth even with Pinkie right there.
It couldn't be that Fluttershy had given Pinkie the silent treatement, right? Fluttershy was a quiet pony anyway. Rarity didn't seem like such a quiet pony.


Bon-Bon, Lyra, and Seamore arrived at the apartment. Lyra used her magic to levitate the wading pool for the walk home, which was good for Bon-Bon.
Bon-Bon and Lyra kissed. Seamore clapped his flippers with approval. Seamore knows how things should be.

"Hey Bonnie, where should I put this pool?"

"Let's take it outside. I'll fill in the water and set up the filter."

"You're too kind", said Lyra with a smile on her face.

"I think we will make things work for Seamore. Right, buddy?"

Seamore nodded.

When the pool was placed outside, Bon-Bon got a hose and began to fill the pool up.

"Hey Bon-Bon. I must say this is the most fun idea you have ever had."

"Seamore now has a loving home, there is purpose to this idea."

"So, you think my ideas simply lack purpose?"

Lyra liked to catch Bon-Bon off guard. Bon-Bon grew nervous. She couldn't lose Lyra to that tool. She couldn't!!

"It's not that", said Bon-Bon with a sense of anxiety, "it's just that I.."

"Don't lie to me, Bon-Bon", interrupted Lyra.

"Please don't get mad for the truth, but you know acting like a human isn't going to bring humans here."

"Hey", said Lyra, "sitting right on my flank is the most comfortable position ever. It's got more purpose to me than humans. Noteworthy thinks it's cute."

Why bring up Noteworthy?

"That's somepony I think we should talk about right now."

"Noteworthy? He's just a friend, Bonnie."

"I believe that you just see him as a friend, but don't you think that Noteworthy seems too comfortable with you?"

"Noteworthy's just really friendly. Not all of us ponies are stuck-up and cold hearted like my terrifyingly sexy marefriend."

Stuck-up and cold hearted, but terrifyingly sexy? Bon-Bon smiled.

Bon-Bon could be all three of those things.

"C'mon Lyra, I need you to melt that cold heart of mine", said Bon-Bon with a wink.

"Let's roleplay", said Lyra, "I'm Noteworthy and you're me."

Bon-Bon laughed. This would be fun.

"Hey Lyra, I think your marefriend thinks I want to sleep with you", said Lyra in a deep voice.

"Of course you do, Notie-poo. I am the second sexiest pony to ever walk on this Earth. I am grateful to have found the sexiest pony ever."

"Oh thank you, Lyra. I am honored for the title."

"Not you, silly filly. You're probably like number one million on the list at best. I am talking about Bon-Bon. She is the smartest, sexiest, prettiest, and most perfect pony in all of Equestria. That's why I picked her and not you, buddy."

"What about a threesome? Heh heh."

"I can't have you soiling the sexy, Notie-poo."

This certainly lightened up the mood. It was what Bon-Bon loved about Lyra. However, Bon-Bon wasn't fully convinced that there was no affair.

The pool finished filling up with water. Seamore jumped in the pool causing water to splash on both Lyra and Bon-Bon.

The two mares laughed and seemed to have forgotten all of their troubles.

"Let's take a swim, Bonnie", said Lyra seductively.

"Don't do anything nuts in front of our baby!"

"Our baby?"

"Seamore."

"He's our baby now?"

"He's the cutest thing ever."

"Cuter than me, Bonnie?"

"Eeyup."

Bon-Bon and Lyra took off their 'clothes' and got into the pool, enjoying the night.

Bon-Bon wouldn't talk about Noteworthy again unless she saw some more evidence of an affair.