• Published 23rd Mar 2014
  • 1,626 Views, 28 Comments

The Noteworthy of the Bon-Bon - Duke of Canterlot



Bon-Bon becomes worried that her marefriend is cheating on her with a stallion.

  • ...
8
 28
 1,626

Sugarcube Corner

Bon-Bon was pleased that Seamore did like the seal food.

"Seamore", asked Bon-Bon, "would you want to go with us to Sugarcube Corner or stay in the apartment?"

The seal continued to munch happily.

"I guess that means you'll stay here."

"Do we really want to leave Seamore by himself", asked Lyra.

"Won't be a problem", said Bon-Bon, "I feel more comfortable leaving Seamore home alone than I do you."

Lyra rolled her eyes.

"At least Seamore won't try to conjure up a messy and pointless spell which involves turning half the kitchen appliances into hands", added Bon-Bon.

"He totally would if he had a unicorn horn."

"Not necessarily, I certainly wouldn't be inclined to do such a thing."

"That's because you're no fun", responded Lyra with a smile, "come on, Ponytones time!!"

"See you later, Seamore", said Bon-Bon.

Seamore turned away from the food towards Bon-Bon for a second to wave goodbye.


Bon-Bon and Lyra were waiting on line at Sugarcube Corner.

"You really think a seal is tidier and more responsible than me", asked Lyra.

"I don't think so, I know so", responded Bon-Bon with a smile.

"I will bet you fifty bits that the house is going to be a total mess when we get back. Seamore's an animal who doesn't know any better."

"You're on", said Bon-Bon, "I have never agreed to a bet with such confidence in my life.'

"You're so funny when you're sarcastic."

The two mares got to the entrance. There was Pinkie Pie at the front with a big grin.

"Ooh ooh", said Pinkie quickly and hyperactively while bouncing up and down, "what is sarcasmastic?"

Ugh, Pinkie, she's not supposed to be stupid.

"Pinkie, you're so silly", Lyra laughed.

"I am thinking of dumping my five loser friends to spend more time with you two", said Pinkie, "what do you mares think? Ooh, Lyra, I see you're not with that sexy hunk!! What happened?"

"You mean the pony you called the 'wimpy stallion'", asked Bon-Bon.

"Well, I guess.. but Lyra is here, so I have to call him a sexy hunk to make her smile!!"

"Noteworthy and I are just friends, Pinkie Pie", said Lyra, "Bon-Bon is my true love."

"What you say is one thing, but what I've seen you do with him is another matter."

Fuck you, Pinkie Pie, what the hell are you trying to do, thought Bon-Bon.

"Pinkie, you're not making me smile", said Bon-Bon.

"Oh, oopsies", said Pinkie, "I am trying to be more honest about the world."
The pink pony sighed sadly. What was going on?

Bon-Bon looked Pinkie in the eye. She definitely wasn't herself.
The twinkle in Pinkie's eyes almost seemed malicious. No, that wasn't Pinkie. That wasn't her at all.
However, Bon-Bon definitely wasn't misinterpreting things.
Bon-Bon already brought up to Pinkie that she "wasn't being herself" and she responded by running away.
For now, she would play it like everything was normal.

Bon-Bon and Lyra went inside and found seats for the Ponytones show.

"Bon-Bon", whispered Lyra, "I think you might have been right about Pinkie. Something is definitely not right."

"Yes, I am more certain of it now than ever."

But what if Pinkie was right about Lyra and Noteworthy? Pinkie doesn't need to be her normal self to tell the truth. Who knows what Lyra and Noteworthy do while Bon-Bon was out at work?

"HEY LYRIE AND BONNIE"

Noteworthy... ugh. He was with two of his friends. Maybe they would keep the ass in line.

"Oh hi, Noteworthy", said Lyra with a smile, "hey Pokey Pierce and Thunderlane."

"We are here to see these wonderful Ponytones our friend was raving about last night", said Pokey.

"Like I said, they are gonna be da bomb", said Noteworthy, "right, Lyrie?"

"Of course, they are always the best", said Lyra.

"Your voice would be perfect for the Ponytones, it sounds like heaven to me."

Bon-Bon saw Thunderlane punch Noteworthy softly on the shoulder. Probably a reminder to not be such a creep towards Lyra.

"I agree", added Bon-Bon, "Lyra has the best voice in all of Ponyville. Why haven't you joined the Ponytones?"

"You know, Bonnie", responded Lyra, "playing the lyre, that's my style!"

"That is a rather noteworthy thing for you to say", said Noteworthy with a chuckle.

Oh Celestia, someone shut this guy up.

Lyra giggled like a little filly at the comment. Ugh, Lyra was always a sucker for cheesy humor.

"Mares and stallions, I would like to introduce our singing group, the Ponytones", said Rarity with a glow, "thank you everypony for showing up tonight."

Big Mac, Torch Song, and Toe-Tapper got on stage along with Rarity and the show began.

"PONYTONES, WOO HOO", cheered Noteworthy.

Thunderlane shushed Noteworthy.


A few minutes into the show, the curtain was knocked over falling right on the Ponytones. Bon-Bon could see that Fluttershy was flying around in the air while singing with a deep bass voice. It sounded so unlike Fluttershy, but it was a very good singing voice. Bon-Bon never knew Fluttershy was so talented in that regard.

This was definitely the Ponytones' best performance ever.

Poor Fluttershy felt humiliated though and ran away crying. Bon-Bon wished Fluttershy would have stayed long enough to hear how incredible she truly was from ponies individually. Bon-Bon knew that large crowds made Fluttershy nervous and irrational.

Pinkie Pie approached Bon-Bon and Lyra.

"Hey Bon-Bon and Lyra, great show, huh?"

"Yup", responded Bon-Bon.

"Shy ponies have no place in this world besides to either toughen up or be tortured by their less-shy peers", said Pinkie Pie with an eerie calm, "tonight, I will make that clear to Fluttershy. Perhaps I will tell her that I don't want to catch the stage fright. Perhaps I will make Fluttershy cry anytime she acts insecure. My father always said that was the best way to knock out the insecurity of any pony."

"Fluttershy certainly has fewer insecurities than you", responded Bon-Bon.

"Hey, Noteworthy", cheered Pinkie Pie, "you look like you would make a great coltfriend to Lyra over here."

This made Noteworthy grin goofy-like.

"Ugh", groaned Thunderlane, "sorry ladies, my friend, Noteworthy, seems to have an interest in Lyra."

"Lyra and Noteworthy", said Pinkie with a smile, "I can see it now. You two would make the cutest couple ever! I have seen it with my own two eyes."

"Pinkie", groaned Lyra, "this isn't funny at all."

Twilight Sparkle approached Pinkie.

"Come on, Pinkie! Let's go find Fluttershy", said Twilight Sparkle.

"Okie dokie lokie, I a go-ee!!" Pinkie Pie bounced away with Twilight.
Poor Fluttershy. At least, a pony like Twilight would probably defend Fluttershy against what ever ploy Pinkie had in mind.

"What's up with Pinkie", asked Thunderlane, "she seems different somehow."

"Huh", said Noteworthy defensively, "are you just saying that because she suggested that Lyra and I would make a cute couple?"

Bon-Bon could tell that all of this was making Lyra feel incredibly awkward.

"We should go", said Pokey Pierce, "Noteworthy, you were right about one thing, the Ponytones were awesome!"

"Don't forget our music practice session Monday afternoon, Lyra", said Noteworthy.

"That's something I certainly could never forget", responded Lyra almost flirtatiously.

Oh crap. Was this affair happening and Bon-Bon was simply being made a fool? Lyra didn't seem particularly uncomfortable with any of Noteworthy's creepy advances, rather Lyra seemed uncomfortable at the prospect of having a 'relationship' between the two be public knowledge.

"Time for us to go", said Noteworthy, "however, good night to you, Lyra and Bon-Bon."

"Good night guys", said Lyra.

"Good night Pokey and Thunderlane", said Bon-Bon. She would not acknowledge Noteworthy under any circumstance at this point.

"Sorry about Noteworthy", said Lyra, "he has an interesting sense of humor. Don't take what he says seriously."

"I trust you, Lyra", said Bon-Bon.

This was a flat-out lie. Bon-Bon had reasons to be nervous. There was definitely something, even if there wasn't any physical intimacy between the two... there was some form of emotional intimacy, something that made Bon-Bon feel wary. Or perhaps Lyra was just too nice. If Noteworthy tried that shit on Bon-Bon, she would have whacked him silly unless she liked him back.

"You know that I love you, right?"

"Of course, Lyra. I certainly don't doubt that." Lyra and Bon-Bon kissed.

However, the fear was whether Lyra loved Noteworthy too.


The two mares left Sugarcube Corner together.

They ran into Pinkie. Jeez, she was everywhere these days.

"Ooh ooh", said Pinkie while bouncing in place, "I was super duper successful tonight. I made Fluttershy cry twice. A point to the normal and well-adjusted pony!!"

Normal and well-adjusted? That certainly wasn't Pinkie at this moment.

"Hey Pinkie", said Bon-Bon, "we really should talk. As one of your best friends, I am kind of concerned about you. You have never acted so cruelly and callously before."

"Fine", said Pinkie with that unusually calm tone, "we will talk, but I think Lyra should head back home. I wish to only speak to you and you alone."

Lyra looked concerned but Bon-Bon told her, "It's okay, I want to do this."

Lyra left.

"Let's go back to Sugarcube Corner", said Pinkie, "I'll explain everything there." Pinkie bounced her way to Sugarcube Corner and Bon-Bon followed.

Author's Note:

Sorry for the delay. Work was real crazy this week. Didn't even have time to write a chapter during the evening. Glad it's the weekend :)