• Published 11th Mar 2014
  • 522 Views, 9 Comments

A Thousand Years Ago. - Illusion Flight



When Luna learns to make new friends,the darkness of others hearts threaten them all! It's up to her and her sister to save Equestria! But what if her sadness leads her onto a dark path? Will she fight? Or Will she refuse?

  • ...
5
 9
 522

A Darkness Growing.

Darkness, that's all she could see. Not a glimpse of light. The mare stopped. Frozen in place! Standing there, she knew she was vulnerable to the darkness chasing her. Even so, as hard as she tried, she couldn't. The alicorn panicked, she was alone in the darkness. She tried to scream, call for her sister, but nothing came out of her voice. Instead, she began to see images. Her hopes rising, the princess was able to move towards the light. As she drew nearer, she could barely make out the voice of Illusion Flight.

"LUNA!"

Shocked by the sudden outburst, the lunar princess raced towards her new friend's voice. When she got to where Illusion Flight should have been, she saw a clearing. The same clearing that she met the friend she searched for.

"Illusion Flight?"

"Luna." whispered a silky, yet dark sounding voice.

The princess of the night jerked her head to the left, then to the right. Nothing. The hair on the back of her neck stood up as she continued to search for the Pegasus mare. As she continued forward, she stopped to look back, in case she was being followed. Her anxiety rose so much the princess's wings flew out and she began to fly higher and higher above the illuminated land, even though there wasn't a moon to light it.

" Who's there?! Illusion Flight, this isn't funny!" Luna shouted, now starting to wish this was a cruel joke, even if it didn't seem like it.

" Don't you recognize your own voice?"

Luna stopped, her heart pounding as she readied her magic. Only to have her horn stolen from her. She only knew two ponies who would dare go to these lengths to scare her.

"Discord? Tia? Tell me its just you! I'm serious! This isn't funny!" Luna cried out.
'Please tell me its just them, Please.'

" Yes, call out for the demon and the sun. Yet where are they?" the voice said, mocking her.

It was in that moment that Luna was truly afraid. So much that she began to fall from the night sky, flapping her wings like a filly who hadn't learn to fly. Then, she saw what had been chasing her, a blue mist. Much like a cheap replica of her mane. Only, through it, she could clearly she two scalene eyes. But they weren't her dear friend's eyes. No, these eyes were a snake- like version of her turquoise ones. And instead of the whites being white, they were light blue.

The words it whispered in her ears echoed in her head until it she was able to make out what the figure said. She was scared by what she heard.

The voice- no. She had said the words,

"Darkness will fall upon the kingdom, and the sun shall rule for the rest of the centuries. Your reign will fall to the sister of the sun. "
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Luna? LUNA! Are you ok?"

The eldest princess lay by the bed of her dear sister. She knew something was wrong when the castle was covered with moonlight in the middle of the afternoon. Celestia remembered how worried she was when she found her sister on the floor, screaming her name. hen Luna was being transported to the doctors of the castle, she was muttering a pony's name. Trying to help her. She told her guard to bring the pony named 'Illusion Flight' to her.

BANG!

The door slammed open as an extremely worried pegasus pony barged in.

"Where is she? Where is Luna? I'm Illusion Flight. Her friend! Please tell me where she is!" the mare cried, worrying for the worst.

The receptionist looked up at the pony as she pushed her glasses up closer to her face.

"I'm sorry, only the doctors and the princess can be allowed to go in."

The pegasus's eyes were filled with anger, widening so much that it almost looked like her eyes were pure red.

"I just flew from the East corner of the kingdom, by Celestia's request!"

The doctor who was usually calm, was now scared by the pegasus's unusual eye defect and fangs. Her gray coat and brown mane/tail were losing their color somehow.

"I'm sorry miss. Unless I hear that you're allowed I can't-" the mare was silenced by the mare's fangs as she scowled.

It was then Celestia walked in, thinking that she couldn't keep the mare waiting.

"Um, Illusion Flight, was it? You can check on her." said the sun princess.

Illusion Flight nodded and walked quickly to the room that held Luna. When she saw how scared even Luna looked, she couldn't hold back a small tear. In doing so, her eyes widened again. Only, in this case, her eyes seem to turn a deep blue. She sat by her only friend and held on hope that everything was alright.

After a few minutes, Celestia joined her. She was curious about the mare in front of her, Luna had never mentioned her when she was awake. She decided she would get to know the one who claimed to be her sister's friend.

"So, Illusion Flight, I would like to hear about how you know my sister and what your life is like. If you don't mine."

The teal pegasus looked up at the larger alicorn princess, nodding. She wiped her mane out of her face.

"Of course. Well, you see, last night I was going out to -"

Author's Note:

Hey guys! I hope this chapter was more enjoyable than my last one! In the next chapter, you'll be able to find out more about me! And also find out what happens to Luna. If you have any suggestions ill be happy to listen and use. Unless it makes me have to change the whole story. Anyways, I have to find out what happened to my friend!
Stay brony my friends,
Illusion Flight.