• Published 11th Mar 2014
  • 522 Views, 9 Comments

A Thousand Years Ago. - Illusion Flight



When Luna learns to make new friends,the darkness of others hearts threaten them all! It's up to her and her sister to save Equestria! But what if her sadness leads her onto a dark path? Will she fight? Or Will she refuse?

  • ...
5
 9
 522

The Return Home (part 2)

Luna glanced back after she said goodbye. Her friend sent a death stare towards the alicorn next to her. Nyx only glared back. 'Though Nyx was mean, it isn't fair to use it against them forever. Illusion Flight should try forgiveness.' She thought.

Extending their wings, the two alicorns shared a glance. Each crossed the others' turquoise gaze. Nyx, stressed from the events that happened moments earlier, narrowed her eyes in disgust as the two normal ponies walked off with joyful smiles on their faces. She turned her head away quickly, stomping off in anger. Luna, being so much taller than her fellow alicorn, was able to catch up to her in a few hoof steps. Luna examined the mare by her, the purple mane, dark cobalt coat, and turquoise eyes.

" I thought we were going to me and my sisters' castle, not the prairie." The midnight blue princess said.

Nyx, rushed back into reality, looked up with a confused expression. Luna quickly repeated herself. And after stretching out her wings, Nyx slowly lifted herself off the ground. With a simple flap of her wings, the lunar princess joined her. Nyx, due to lack of flying practice, faltered a little. Luna quickly and gracefully dodged the stumbling mare.

"Sorry." Nyx whispered in embarrassment. Her cheeks basically glowing pink while regaining her balance.

"It helps to focus on a good memory." Luna chuckled. " I like to think of how me and Tia played together in the royal garden. And how she comforted me and my fears of the hall of disembodied hooves."

Nyx smiled. " Disembodied hooves? Count me out."

Luna and Nyx both erupted in laughter. So much so, that they had to lye down on the clouds below them. Then, Luna noticed how dark the sky was getting. The clouds were starting to reflect the evening twilight. She looked towards the horizon where her gorgeous moon was slowly rising. Luna could just barely see the yellow aura surrounding her celestial orb.

' No. NO! Nonononononono! I may have been weak this morning, but I am not that weak anymore! This night is MINE!' the young princess thought, enraged by the fact that her elder sister had even thought to take advantage of her accident earlier. 'You may think your more special but this is my night! AND I WONT ALLOW YOU TO TAKE IT!!!'

Luna furiously used her magic, which now had a darker tint in it, to guide the glowing moon up into the center of the sky. The young princess could feel the surprise of her sister by the sudden halt in the flow of her magic. She too was taken back by it. By her rage and power. Losing control of it, the moon slowly came closer and closer to the planet. Luna soon regained control and returned the moon to its place high in the sky.

"Come on. Lets go home." She yelled to the mare resting on the cloud a few feet back.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As they flew close to the castle, Luna could already see a plethora of guards patrolling the outer wall, garden, and streets. 'Tia must've thought something happened again.' She thought.

" Stay here." She told Nyx

When the pair walked into the main throne room, Celestia was pacing around with half eaten chocolate cake by her seat. ' Great.' Luna thought. ' She worried so much she ate the cake!'

"Tia! What the hay? There's like a thousand guards out there! Wh-" The Night Sister was cut off by the warm embrace of her sister.

"Oh Luna! I was SO worried. When I was raising the moon for you, I could feel how enraged you were. It made me worry for you. So much that even Discord tried to comfort me." The Solar princess explained.

And, as if on cue, the draconaquis appeared in a tuxedo with a fancy hair, holding yellow, orange, and scarlet flowers. Luna couldn't believe her eyes. Discord with . ... . ................ a mustache. She nearly burst out laughing, had Celestia not lightly smack the back of her head.

" Celestia. I know how much you worry for little Lulu but please, wont you give me a little affection?" He asked in a deep, un discord-like voice. " Come on Tia. At least say somethi-" He stopped when opening his eyes.

He looked between the two alicorn sisters. After a couple of minutes he processed the situation. He walked towards Luna, glaring.

" Why you! Do you know how worried everypony has been? Look at your sister! Not to mention poor Sombra down there. With how Tia put it, you were basically gone."

Luna's eyes furrowed, she hated it when Tia and Discord told her what to do. Her mind went back to the nightmare she had the day before.

Yes, call out for the Sun and the Demon. And yet, where are they?

The young sister shook her head to clear the thought out. She tried to fight back the urge to yell back at him. Failing she screamed.

" WELL MAYBE SHE SHOULD'VE MINDED HER OWN BUSINESS! I'm NOT a filly anymore! I don't need you or anypony watching me all the time!"

Luna paused and took a breath.

"sorry." She said solemnly. " It's been a long day for all of us. After I make the stars bright, we should go to sleep and sort this out later."

The trio agreed, nodding their heads in unison. Celestia was the next to speak.

"Sister, my guards unformed me that you had brought a guest. Is this true?"

"Yes Tia." Luna nodded, " I have found another alicorn in the village Illusion Flight calls home."

With this, Celestia was reeling back in disbelief. Though she knew Luna was always honest, there was NO way another alicorn was on this planet. And, as if reading her mind, Luna went towards the door. Discord and Tia waited in silence, Tia trying to listen to the whispers outside the door. When she came back, a smaller mare alicorn was following her.

" Nyx. This is Princess Celestia, owner of the sun and day, and my sister." Luna said, introducing the sun princess to the mare.

"P-Princess!" Nyx said, intimated by the tall and regal pony in front of her. Looking at both of the princesses, " Its an honor to meet both of you."

"My My. Isn't she a flatterer." Discord said, flashing in front of the small mare. " Yet similar to Lulu here."

The draconaquis continued to examine the alicorn.

"Hmm. Purple mane, turquoise irises, dark cobalt coat. YES! She's a perfect apprentice for sweet Celestia here!" Discord concluded.

"WHAT?!" Screamed all three alicorn's in unison. Celestia the loudest. " I don't have time for an apprentice! All my duties." Tia replied.

"That's why she can help you. Being an alicorn herself, she's destined to be a princess some day! With Sombra as Luna's apprentice, you're the only one who could possibly do it." He explained in a mocking tone.

"But Discord-"

"Don't 'but Discord' me. I mean lets ask the little princess-to be herself." He snapped.

With the attention now on her, Nyx quivered as the tall beings looked down on her with wide eyes.

"If you would have me, when I become princess, I'd like to be called Princess Nyx, ruler of darkness." She spoke.

" Then its settled!" Discord applauded. " Nice name too!"

Luna shuddered at the title. ' Ruler of Darkness? That's like that scary part of my night, only in shadows. She'll be a fearsome ruler.' She thought.

" Now that that's over, lets get some rest." Discord told them.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Luna went out of the throne room, expecating a pale pegasus to be there. Instead, a black pegasus with joy-filled, icy blue eyes. His mane smooth, with colors black and white. His Cutie mark was a vinjl record with lighting going through it.

" My name is Private Wub Step. My brother, Private Video Speaker was your personal guard, but due to consistent disobedience he was suspended for a few months." The guard told the lunar princess.

" I see. Any thing else?" she asked.

" Yes, due to your...... accident this morning, the apprentice Sombra insisted you stay at his dorm for help in case of emergency. Your bed and thing have been moved there already." Wub Step explained. " That is all."

With that, the pair trotted down the main halls to the study room. In the back, there were two doors. One labeled, Sombra's Study/ Room. the other, Luna's Room. Luna entered the large room, chuckling under her breath as she realized it looked just like her old room.

"I'll be outside the door if you need anything else." Wub Step said, gently shutting the door.

After a moment or two, Sombra came into the room. With a goofy smile, he greeted her.

" Hey neighbor!' He laughed. His black mane obviously ruffled by stress. " Glad you're feeling good. Tomorrows gonna be packed huh?"

" What does thou mean?" Luna asked, teasing , yet oblivious to what's happening.

" Final magic practice! Then I'll be an official prince like my father!" He said, his red eyes shining with pride.

' YAWN'

The pair giggled sleepily. It was awfully late.

" Well goodnight Princess." He said.

" Good night Prince." Luna replied.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was all black again, only it was a welcoming darkness. What was different?

It seems like a dream, but what if its not? the alicorn of dreams asked herself.

Just then, a figure appeared. A neon green Earth pony stallion with a dark purple and red mane. He had eyes like her pegasus friend, only they were brown and yellow. Though his mouth did not open, his words were clear.

' The darkness is growing, the darkness that took me. Save my sister. Save Illusion Flight and all you love. Before you're gone too.'

Finally, he whispered one last thing.

' I'm not dead. My name was Vocal Cover. Save me.'

Then, the same blue mist from last time swept the stallion away. In his place was a dark purple unicorn with deep blue eyes.

' Your rule shall end at the hooves of the sun.' She giggled evilly.

Author's Note:

After SO long, I have finally found the time to finish this chapter. In the future, ill try to finish my chapters earlier than this. javascript:smilie(':derpytongue2:');

Sorry for the slowness,
Illusion Flight javascript:smilie(':pinkiecrazy:');