• Published 9th Mar 2014
  • 3,478 Views, 171 Comments

The Journey Beyond - Derpyditzydoobubbles



Riolu has lived a harsh life that has been guided by a greedy trainer. Unfortunately for him, his world is about to get even more challenging.

  • ...
8
 171
 3,478

Chapter 1

Riolu gulped one last gulp of fear as he stood at the metal doors of the old castle, staring out at the massive forest that shone an eerie look with the moon cascading down onto the darkness of the melancholic forests. He listened closely to the howls of the night time creatures that inhabited this strange world.

"Come on, Riolu. You can do this. Just walk outside and travel through the forest in hopes for civilization. There's gotta be something around here." Riolu spoke to himself telepathically.

So, with a reluctant pause, Riolu steadily padded out of the doorway and down the moonlit steps. His body trembling with cold chills he received from the cold darkness that loomed ahead of him. As he padded on, he finally came to an old bridge that looked as if it were treaded upon for thousands of years. Riolu then leaned out one of his feet slowly on to the bridge. He then placed his entire foot on the plank, and doing so added pressure to ensure that it was safe to stand on. The plank didn't even creak. He then reached out his other foot and placed it on the next one. It didn't creak either. He did this several times until he realized that he had successfully crossed over, but before he had the chance for a sigh of relief he looked up and saw the dark forest that towered as a giant over him.

"Of course." Riolu whispered to himself.

So, with a patter of his feet, riolu pressed on towards the ominous forest, and as he padded, he listened to a peculiar sound and smell that was not very far from where he was. It was a low grumbling noise, no, it was multiple low grumbling noises, and they seemed to be getting deeper and louder, and a strange and awful smell grew stronger as well as riolu trekked deeper into the forest.

He kept on walking until he stopped to listen to the noises while covering up his nose. It seemed as if the entire forest had gone silent. Riolu breathed a sigh of relief.

"Well, good thing that's over for..."

Suddenly, a shadow lunged from the bushes and nailed riolu to the ground. His arms and legs where spread apart and each were held onto the ground by a strong set of paws. Riolu looked at the creature, and noticed something odd about it. The creature was made of timber, and had sharp wooden fangs that strangely glistened in the moonlight. Suddenly, riolu heard the slow beating of multiple paw steps on the ground and saw the same creatures surrounding him. They, including the one on top of riolu, gave off a blood curdling howl at the moon that gave riolu shivers up his spine.

"stand back!" Riolu shouted.

He tried to lift up his paw to use force palm, but the clutches of the wolf were held tightly. Riolu closed his eyes, and waited for the teeth of the beast to enclose on his head. Suddenly, a vicious roar arose out of the nearby bushes. All the wolves froze dead in there tracks, and looked toward where the noise was coming from. Out of the bushes rose a gigantic shadow with vicious claws that swept at the wolves. Frightened by the size of the beast, they scattered off in all directions, and ran as far away as possible. Including the one that held riolu captive on the ground. Riolu got up, dusted his legs off, and got a better look at the shadowy figure that stood boldly before him.
The beast was huge. It was certainly one riolu had never seen before. It had sleek golden fur, and it had a long and hairy red mane that looked ruffled and matted. It also had thick long fangs coming from its upper lip, and its tail looked like that of a scorpion. The very image of the beastly creature made riolu freeze in shock.

"Great, now I'm dead." He mumbled to himself in fear.

The creature then gave a stern glance at Riolu as if the beast were looking into his soul. It then started padding slowly toward him. The very sight of which made Riolu have cold chills up his spine. The creature then finally came up to him and started sniffing riolu. A long and silent pause followed. Riolu then felt the warm and sticky tongue and of the creature on his face along with a hug of two arms wrapped around him. He was being smothered with love by an affectionate predator! Riolu at first did not know what to say, but he quickly and politely excused himself from the beast's hug as soon as possible. Once he got out, he looked at the predator with great awe and formally bowed his head

"Thank you for sparing my life, but please don't do that to me. It's super gross." He whispered.

The creature stared at him for a long time. Then bowed his head in acceptance. Riolu smiled. He was strangely grateful for the creature's understanding. He then shook his head in denial.

"What are you thinking, Riolu? It's just a dumb animal. It's not like it knows too much." He thought to himself.

He then looked at the beast and saw as it perked its ears up while tilting them to an angle. It's tail started wagging in a happy fashion as if it were being reminded of an old friend. He then leapt and spun around in a wild fashion with his tongue hanging out as if he was engulfing himself in all of the kind memories of his past.

"Whoa. What's the matter? Do you smell food near by, or something like that?" Riolu questioned eagerly.

The creature stopped in his tracks and stared at riolu. He then turned around and sped straight into the forest.

"Hey! Come back! What if those weird things come after me? Then who will protect me?" Riolu shouted after him.

Without hesitation, Riolu ran swiftly after him. His paws treading like air on the old beaten path of the ancient forest. He then was able to catch up with the fast paced creature to where they were both neck and neck. There feet were now treading in a synchronized fashion as they dodged tree branches and leapt over thick and heavy undergrowth. Riolu could feel the wind engulf his feet as he tried to keep up with the creature. The beast looked as if it could go on forever. As if something was driving it to keep going. Riolu though simply tried his best to keep himself from being left behind with the demonic creatures that haunted the moonlit forest. He then realized that the beast was starting to slow down. Riolu squinted ahead of him and could see an opening that seemed to lead to the outside. He could hear a voice, but it was too faint to decipher.
The creature seemed to start picking up speed again, and Riolu simply did the same alongside him. Riolu could now understand the words coming from the edge of the forest in which they were quickly approaching. The sound sounded high pitch and fragile as if it were scared.

"Where are you, my kind manticore? I came to see how you were doing. I'm sorry I haven't visited you recently. I just don't like coming here often. Especially at night were its dark and scary." The voice spoke.

As they finally reached the end of the forest, riolu saw a small yellow horse-like creature with wings and a pink mane and tail stare at them as they came to the edge. Riolu thought wether or not he should hide, but he presumed that it would be okay to come up against this creature as the brave Pokemon he was. He could take on the creature anyways if it tried to attack. So, with a final step, he and the manticore came to a screeching halt and presented themselves to the equine. The horse-like creature smiled at the so called "manticore" as if it were an old friend, but stood in utter shock as she glanced at riolu.

"What in the name of celestia are you!?" The horse-like creature shouted at the top of its lungs.

Riolu flinched and stood frozen in fear from the loud voice of the strange equine.

"Oh, crud. I should of hid behind the bushes." Riolu thought to himself.

Author's Note:

Here's chapter 1 to the riolu and spike fic! Hope you guys like it!