• Published 9th Mar 2014
  • 3,477 Views, 171 Comments

The Journey Beyond - Derpyditzydoobubbles



Riolu has lived a harsh life that has been guided by a greedy trainer. Unfortunately for him, his world is about to get even more challenging.

  • ...
8
 171
 3,477

Chapter 2


Riolu scratched nervously behind his ears. Never had he been in a situation like this. The horse-like creature nervously started trotting its way toward Riolu until she was a paw length away from his face. She then reached out one of her shaking hooves and patted his head.

"You are not from here, are you?" She whispered.

Riolu started sweating. How could he explain to her about his land? How could he explain about what he had been through without her freaking out? Riolu thought for a few seconds and realized what he should say.

"No." He replied calmly.

The creature squealed with terror as if riolu threatened to hurt her. It certainly was threatening to his ears.

"You talk! Oh my goodness! You just talked!" It squealed.

Riolu then cuffed his ears. He could not stand it any longer.

"Please stop shouting. You are hurting my ears!" Riolu pleaded.

The small horse stopped for a second and blushed red with embarrassment.

"I'm sorry." She mumbled.

Riolu nodded in forgiveness and stood silent once again. The quietness had shrouded the two and the still manticore in an ominous vile.

"Where is your home?" The small horse whispered.

Riolu stood quiet. He realized that this creature wanted to know about him, and that was something that he was not fond of, but who would not want to know about a strange creature they never saw?

"I do not have a home." He answered finally.

Suddenly, the small horse ran up to him and threw her hooves around him. Her grasp on riolu's neck had caused his face to turn a slight shade of purple.

"Don't worry then, little critter. I'll take you in." She cooed.

Riolu's face had now turned to a dark shade of purple. The creature's grip was oddly strong to him.

"Please stop choking me." He gasped in reply.

The creature heard his plea and immediately released its grip on him and blushed red. Riolu was shocked. He just met her! By the looks of it, this creature had an oddly large amount of kindness to him as well as strength.

"Thank you for the kindness, but where exactly are you going to take me?" Riolu questioned.

A cheerful grin had fallen upon the small horse.

"Follow me." She smiled.

Riolu watched as she turned around and started galloping down the dirt path.
She stopped suddenly and turned her head where she saw riolu still standing with the silent manticore. She gestured her hoof at riolu to come with her. The manticore then nudged riolu softly toward the small horse. Following there unspoken orders, riolu padded softly over to the small horse. He then took one final look back and saw the manticore that helped him through the first part of his journey. He took out his paw and waved it softly in the air as a final goodbye to the friendly beast. The beast nodded in reply and headed into the everfree. Riolu felt a strange connection with the creature. It was as if riolu had a trustful bond with him. He blew this feeling off and directed his attention toward the small horse who was patiently standing next to him.

"Ready to go?" She whispered as she pulled out a pair of yellow wings from her midsection

Riolu stood in wonder as the small horse flapped her wings around joyfully.

"You can fly?" Riolu questioned.

"Only on a few occasion, and this does seem like one of them. Climb on, and will be at my place in no time." The small horse cooed.

Riolu edged toward the horse's back. He never flew before, and he was not so sure if he could trust her. After thinking about it for a few seconds, he then reluctantly got on top of her. He grasped at her neck softly and felt her back. It felt like he was sitting on a cloud!

"I'm ready." Riolu said boldly.

"Sure thing. Here we go!" The small horse said quietly.

Riolu then felt the sudden hoofbeats of the small horse as she ran through the dirt. He then closed his eyes and clutched her pink mane in fear as she took off from the ground and flew up in the air. He opened his eyes to find himself soaring in the sky with clouds that were surrounding him.

"Wow!, I'm flying! I'm actually flying!" Riolu whispered to himself as he bounced up and down with glee.

"Do be careful back there. I'm not an expert on flying so I do not want you falling off. You fall really fast when your up this high. I know from experience." The small horse shouted to riolu.

"Sorry about that." Riolu replied.

"It's all right. By the way, I believe I did not hear you say your name. What is it?" The small horse questioned.

Riolu thought about it. It was as if he had forgotten everything ever since take off. He pounded softly at his head until everything had come rushing back.

"Riolu is my name. How about you?" He replied as he waved his fingers joyfully in the breeze.

"My name is Fluttershy, and I'm a Pegasus that usually likes keeping her hooves on the ground so I can take care of my animals." The small horse replied confidently.

A strong wind blew through the sky as the two became silent once again. Riolu felt a strong, cool, gust of wind blow through his feet as they flew through the night sky.

"So, fluttershy." Riolu spoke. "Are there others like you?"

"Of course!" Fluttershy spoke happily. "There are winged ponies like me, and then there are earth ponies, unicorn ponies, and even ponies with both wings and horns, but those are very rare."

"Ponies? Is that what your kind is called?" Riolu questioned curiously.

"Precisely! You are one smart creature, riolu. What are you, by the way?"

Riolu thought about this question for a second. It was okay to tell her what he was as long as she did not know of how he got here. It was worth the shot.

"I am a Pokemon." He spoke boldly.

A puzzled look had fallen upon Fluttershy's face.

"Is that it? You don't want to tell me anything else?" Fluttershy questioned curiously.

"Nah, I'm good." Riolu said politely.

Fluttershy nodded her head in respect and flew on. As they were flying, riolu noticed a small cottage below. It seemed that they were going straight toward it.

"Um, is that your home?" Riolu questioned.

"Yep, we are going to sleep there for the night. You don't mind sleeping on the couch, do you?" Fluttershy questioned nicely.

"Not at all!" Riolu said joyfully. Even though he hardly knew what a couch was.

A soft and delicate wind passed over Fluttershy and riolu as they landed safely near the wooden entrance of the cottage. There flying voyage was finally complete.

"Alright, riolu. When we go in, you need to be quiet. There are other animals that are in there sleeping." Fluttershy whispered.

"Sure thing, fluttershy." Riolu grumbled as he got off of her back and headed toward the door.

Riolu then grabbed the door by the handle and opened it gently all the way. He peered inside to see utter darkness with three shafts of moonlight at the very end of the house that were lying down on a green couch.

"That's where you will be sleeping. Do you want me to kiss you goodnight before I go to bed?" Fluttershy questioned sincerely.

Riolu then stared at fluttershy. He was flabbergasted. Riolu never remembered anyone saying that to him!

"Um, no thanks. I'll just sneak over there and fall asleep. You don't have to do anything." Riolu said with a blushed face.

"Oh, okay. Well, goodnight." Fluttershy cooed as she trotted into the darkness and stepped onto what sounded like a flight of steps. "Be sure to be up and ready in the morning. I'll have a surprise for you."

Riolu then stood still and listened quietly to the patter of the pony's hoofsteps on the stairs until they died down completely. He felt a strange tinge of melancholy pluck softly at his heart as if he had a strange longing for her to come back. He then immediately shook the feeling off and crept silently through the darkness and toward the couch. As he was approaching the couch, he felt as if many sleeping creatures were surrounding him in the darkness as if they were watching him. He hoped they were friendly. He then quickly picked up his pace and made safely it to the couch. He then slowly laid himself down and looked out the window that provided the light from the moon that had poured onto the couch. Riolu noticed on how the stars next to the celestial satellite twinkled. Riolu had never had seen the stars so bright. It acted like a beacon of hope to him.

"Goodnight." He whispered to the stars.

Riolu then closed his eyes, and yawned as he fell fast asleep.