• Published 9th Mar 2014
  • 3,477 Views, 171 Comments

The Journey Beyond - Derpyditzydoobubbles



Riolu has lived a harsh life that has been guided by a greedy trainer. Unfortunately for him, his world is about to get even more challenging.

  • ...
8
 171
 3,477

Chapter 14

Twilight and Spike were slowly padding down the steps of their library's staircase as the glow of the afternoon sun filled the oak tree. Even though it was the middle of the day, Spike yawned with tiredness.

"Going into the Everfree, having a close encounter of the chaotic kind, experiencing something coincidental that may be just more than coincidental, and all before noon? This is killing me!" Spike sighed.

"These events that we are experiencing are crucial for us to figure out about Riolu, Spike." Twilight explained as they finally reached the bottom floor.

"Really? Even when Riolu and I went out to go get hayburgers?" Spike said as he leaned up against a book shelf.

"Well, not as much, but Discord was there. I'm pretty sure that we can get a few things out of him. Anything weird that he said besides ordering a bucket of popcorn?" Twilight questioned as she sat down to analyze the statuette again.

"Well, now that you mention it, there was this one part where he said that he had experienced something similar to something that involved something about Pokemons, or something like that." Spike grumbled.

"Really? Interesting," Twilight stated as she took out a quill and a parchment and begin writing this down. "Any actions, gestures, or other words that might of linked to that statement?"

"Not that I know of," Spike spoke as he casually shuffled around. "Although, he was peering in the window at us when he had left. It may have had nothing to do with Pokemons, but it sure was creepy of him to do that."

"Yeah, you're right. That is a bit creepy. Anything else?" Twilight asked as she continued writing.

"Not that I know of. Heh, unless we ask him ourselves." Spike chuckled.

"Brilliant idea!" A voice from behind them spoke.

Spike turned his head and looked up in surprise to see Discord himself tower over him.

"Discord! What in the wide world of Equestria are you doing here?" Twilight questioned.

"Why, I just thought I would pay you guys a visit. I couldn't help but "overhear" every word you guys were saying about me." Discord said as he took off his ears and placed them over his head.

"You were eavesdropping on us?!" Twilight questioned sternly.

"Heavens no. I was just walking on by and happened to hear you guys talking about me, so I decided to drop by to see what was going on. You know, I may be over a thousand years old, Twilight, but that doesn't mean I am hard of hearing!" Discord huffed as he crossed his arms and tilted his face upwards.

"Alright, then maybe you could tell us why exactly you were acting all weird at the restaurant that Riolu and I were at?" Spike questioned as he causally walked away from Discord and over to Twilight.

"I was just ordering some popcorn!" Discord said with a cheeky grin.

"What for?" Twilight asked sincerely as she positioned her quill to begin writing.

"So I can eat it." Discord laughed with a sarcastic smile.

"Uh huh, okay then. Were you planning on doing anything while you were consuming the popcorn?" Spike questioned.

"Why, yes!" Discord said happily as he sat down with his legs crossed.

"Really? Like what?" Twilight asked quickly.

Suddenly, Discord placed his paw and his claw over is mouth and began smirking uncontrollably. His grin getting wider and wider.

"I was planning on…I was planning on…watching random ponies falling down! I threw popcorn kernels at them from the roof so they can be freaked out. You would be surprised how many ponies are scared of just a few kernels falling on their face." Discord laughed.

"Ah, okay then. A bit random of you to do such a thing, but that is in your nature. What about you saying that you had experienced something similar to that of a Pokemon? Spike said to me that you had said something like that." Twilight asked.

An awkward moment of silence occurred as Discord looked at Twilight and Spike with confusion in his eyes, though his facial expression told that he was still in a sarcastic mood.

"That? Oh, yeah, that. I was referring to the time I battled Celestia and Luna. The day they imprisoned me in stone, they looked so weird when they were shooting magic out of their horns. Although you could say, I did a little something weird myself." Discord finished with a cunning grin.

"You planting the blunder seeds, right?" Twilight asked as she stopped writing down the new information.

"…Yeah, that too." Discord whispered with a chuckle.

"What did you say?" Spike said with a hint of tension in his voice.

"Oh, nothing, my dear Spike. It was just a bit of a cough," Discord said as he started making coughing noises. "Wow, this weather is really getting to me. I think I should be on my way now, Twilight. Ta Ta!"

"Wait, Discord. One more thing. Can you tell us about this thing?" Twilight asked as she showed Discord the statuette.

Discord looked at the statuette in curiosity once he had laid eyes on it. A pondering look was on his face as well as a hint of wonder crossing over his eyes, that of which rarely ever happened.

"It is quite an amazing sculpture, I will admit. Plus, it is quite old. However, I do not recall having seen a non-magical horse statuette before," Discord commented with a fake cough. "I really need to go now, Twilight. I shall see you later!"

"Bye, Discord. Thank you for being of assistance." Twilight grumbled as she watched Discord vanish in a puff of smoke.

"Well, Twilight. Anything new?" Spike said as he leaned over Twilight's notes.

"Just updated material, Spike. That is all. Although, at least some tensions have been resolved between Discord, for now," Twilight said as she placed the parchment down and stared at the statuette. "Now, if only we could of gotten some more information on this thing."

"I'm sure that the answer will sooner or later come to us, Twilight." Spike said with a reassuring claw over Twilight's shoulder.

"It has to, Spike," Twilight whispered as she looked upstairs to where Riolu was sleeping. "It has to."

§

Discord was roaming the streets of Ponyville, eyeing everything that he passed. He maneuvered slowly through many streets and houses until he finally came to a small alley where he stood with his back up against the wall.

"Such a busy day it has been," Discord whispered as he looked around to see if anypony was watching him.

The coast had seemed clear for Discord. So, with a small snap of his fingers, a small, silver coin appeared on his paw. He then started looking at it in admiration, a cunning look was in his eyes.

"Soon, you will be of great significance." Discord chuckled as he flipped the coin in the air and caught it with his paw.