• Published 8th May 2014
  • 630 Views, 2 Comments

The Adventures of Crithion Krytech EP 1 - armoredbrony1



The soldering tale of a person who is forced to work inside the Rainbow Factory

  • ...
 2
 630

A New Discovery

A New Discovery

6 years later...
After that party Crithion made some life decisions and overall did start a company dedicated to research and development of weapons, medical items, freighters, warships and inter-dimensional technologies. Over time he indeed accomplish those goals, he revolutionized the warships the empire used, build and manufactured Weapons of mass destruction like; rail gun technologies and matter of the offence, the breakthrough in antraxian healing technologies and his latest advancement...the process of inter-dimensional travel. Although this has got to be the hardest goal he is yet to achieve.

"Sir, are you sure you want to test this now. I mean yes it needs to be done soon but." Asked crithion's number one assistant, Lief.

The newly acquainted scientist and war veteran slowly looks up from his desk were he was finishing off some quick Calculations.
He looks at Lief with a serious expression and says.

"Look, if I wasn't 100% sure I wouldn't be the one who's being the test dummy? And you know my reputation."

"Yea, the reputation you rightfully earned out of sheer dumb fucking luck". Lief ensures and the two of them share a laugh.

"Yes. I know well to much, why? Cause ever since then all of you including Azid, breake and the emperor just won't let me forget".

And awkward silence if then passed. "Right, so you're 100% certain that this won't end in a disaster". The assistant asks yet again.


"20% more then the last time I said it" Crithion says with a sense of confidence in his voice.

He then rises from his desk and walks over the device they were just yammering about. Picks it up and did a little inspection.

And with an assuring tone, "Lief, the device will give us access to the breakthrough the empire needs. And ever since the ceremony were I got this damn thing" he reaches to his shirt pocket and pulls out a shiny yet heavy medal. "I've been downhill in my finances and my life is getting that point were I need more thrill, adventure and just excitement. I believe that if I can somehow pull this off I'll get that closure I need."

The Duo exited the decently sized office and started there trek down the narrow corridor towards the secondary lab were they will pick up some amour suggested by Lief for and I quote "your own safety" and he proceed to put it on witch is easier said then done.

"Ok, but if....something, hey watch it." assistant ducks and just misses Crithion's arm that nearly hit him in the face while putting on the protected chest plate.

"Your the one who wanted me to wear this so like they say, mess with the bull...ya get the horns buddy."

Lief just then face palms at that remark and focuses on helping Crithion with the safety suit. After said suit is...put on sort of, the both of them start heading down towards the elevator so they can then proceed to the underground metro in order for Crithion to get the the testing site he built nearly 500 kilometres away.....just thinking about it makes Lief wonder why he puts up with the shit he is forced to endure at Core-tech we'll not only the company but his boss and he is well how can I put this; the most dashing pain in the arse anyone can put up with. why?, cause all he does is bitch and moan about his life turning to shit and does anyone care any more....NO! They don't, that's why the emperor was in full swing about Crithion moving to a distant moon near the boarders so he could get some peace and quiet.

The duo bored the train at around 11 at night so it's just Lief and Crithion alone in silence for a nice long fifty-five minuets... What could possibly go wrong.
We'll after that incredibly long train ride Which was held in the strongest of awkwardness possible Crithion and Lief got of the train, walked off the station and started walking up one of the corridors making their way to the testing areas.

"I'm just saying Crithion, if this doesn't go to plan there is no telling what will happen. especially when your so fucking idiotic not to test this thing on a drone but you chose yourself for the test...Are u insane?." Lief questioned

"I am telling you nothing bad will happen and I'm sure it perfectly safe." Crithion said with much confidence.

"fine, but if something does go wrong i will personally dance on your grave; take a picture and put it all over aeroconect ya hear."

" oh really, you know only teens use aeroconect nowadays. Right?"

As the two head down the final corridor, Lief notices something out of the ordinary. an object leaning against one of the support columns of the hallway. he picks up his pace so that he is but a few meters in front of Crithion, picks up the strange item and examines it. at first he thought it to be a lone piece of wood from a distance but now that he has a further description he can tell somewhat of its appearance. a leather-like compartment with markings from the Fifty-first fleet of the aerial and space division. Lief only had limited knowledge about the Antraxian armies and military correspondence but what he did know was thanks to Crithion. At times when neither of them had any real work they sometimes involved in conversation, where Crithion would tell stories about the war and blabber about what were the strongest fleets of ships and what were best at such and such. he would also go on about rumors that involved the empire's allies and how that maybe one or two of them weren't so happy about the idea for all of them to come together and build the Hyper flux Disrupter; a weapon capable of hitting any target within all of creation with the help of a beacon of course.

during these discussions Lief would chose whether to listen or not; knowing Crithion he wouldn't be done for a while but given the chance were he could actually speak, Lief would tell Crithion about his life and what it was like not being an all powerful Elite Soldier and only having a lifespan of one-hundred and fifty years...but if he played his cards right he might make it to two-hundred if he was lucky. Then he would explain on what led him getting hired by Core-Tech and that Crithion being the first real friend in a long time but Lief didn't exactly like talking about that subject and Crithion fully understood. Crithion may be the empires biggest douche but at times he can be very pleasant to be around.

Lief tucked those thoughts away to the back of his mind were one day they will be dug up again but this isn't the time. he then focused again on the object in his hands; a sheath of some kind with its occupant. by now Crithion has caught up and has noticed the sword in lief's hand and immediately a knot forms in his stomach. The retired Soldier quickly snatches the weapon from Lief and ties it to his belt ensuring that it safe from anyone else. The action of the snatching was to quick and caught Lief off guard, making the assistant to backpedal a little and look at Crithion with a confused and frustrated expression.

Crithion saw the gaze his friend was giving and almost instantly begun an explanation. " um.. i bet your wondering why i did that." he said with slight nervousness in his voice.

"that would be nice." lief stated as he crossed his arms waiting for an answer.

"Well, first off promise me that you will never touch this sword...more importantly the handle?"

"May i ask why?"said the Assistant. after a few awkward seconds, Crithion began to speak.

"OK, this sword belongs to me."

Well i figured that," Lief is by now agitated by degree and is moments away from finding out the hard way on why Crithion is worried about a dumb Sword.

"But Lief, the reason i own this sword is because every Elite gets the right to a personal weapon."

"i know all that, just tell me. Why is that one so special." Lief points at the Weapon in question. "That i cant even have a proper look at it. which i mean, take it out and look."

More Silence, just as Lief was about to open his mouth. Crithion Breaks the Silence.

"Okay, fine ill tell you." Crithion then walks over beside Lief and positions himself so he is leaning against the wall with one leg at a bend on said wall giving him comfort and balance.

"well it starts off when i Retired from Military Service..." Crithion was immediately Cut off.

"Oh spare me, i don't need that. Just In a nut-shell would be nice." said Crithion's Assistant.

"right nutshell....nutshell...nutshell...." Crithion now shifting his position leaning against the wall of the stale corridor. suddenly a deadpan expression crosses his face. Lief feeling off by Crithion's change in demeanor steps back a couple of feet. now standing at the other wall symmetrical to Crithion, Lief now is comfortable and eager to listen to hiss boss/friend begin one of his famous tales of whatever the hell the subject is at the time. Crithion then breaks the silence for the second time. "the reason why you can not yield this weapon is because it has a built-in on-board computer fixed with scanning software, intelligent and powerful energy transgression and it has a self defence system with an operating bio-lock in the handle. so in A nutshell, if anyone besides me even holds it they might receive high impact damage."

"what do you mean "high impact damage". Lief spoke in a higher than normal tone...well coming from him its not normal because if you happened to even know Lief much like Crithion did, you would know he kept to himself and was quiet most of the time.

noting that Lief wasn't going to continue talking. Crithion, taking a deep breathe. " if anyone besides me were to hold it, the body of said person would be induced with high electrical currents leading though the nerves system exceeding to the brain causing, how can i put this.causing.it..to..EXPLODE!" when the last word left his mouth, Crithion emphasized it by throwing his arms forward witch caught Lief off guard making him hit his head against the wall.

"fucking hell" Lief said while putting a hand around to the back of his head were he begins to rub it and then shoots Crithion a death glare. "Why the fuck did you do that...nonono not just that end bit but maybe...i dunno maybe why did u make a sword that blows peoples head off." Lief screamed right into Crithion's face while Crithion just stood there, eyes closed like he was ready for Lief's outburst.

"look ill explain later." Crithion then looks at the door in front of them. "but i think we have forgotten the task at hand here dude." Crithion then nods his head towards to door indicating them to push forward. " and after the testing, ill tell you more...that sound good buddy?"

Lief shaking with frustration puts his right hand on Crithion's shoulder and says "that sounds fucking wonderful Mate, if this thing of yours actually works." lief then points to the emplacement device within Crithion's hands. "the drinks are on me tonight." he said with a chuckle.

as Crithion fiddles with the locks and tumblers associated with the maximum security door that will grant the two of them access to Core-tech's Tier IV-V testing areas. Lief was running the course of today's events throughout his head; first he woke up from only receiving like 5-6 hours sleep. second, someone stole his sandwich from the employee lounge refrigerator. last he is forced to accompany his boss to the testing fields for an experimental procedure which could end very badly in all retrospect but of course Crithion is too stubborn to bloody check twice to make sure that every damn thing is positively and absolutely safe.

a loud hiss escapes from the door in front of them. the big metal door steadily and slowly arcs out, and one minuet later the door rests into the holding position within the wall granting both Crithion and Lief access the facility.

Lief is stunned, being his first time ever in this part of Core-tech. he expected it to be just like the rest of the facility; medium size chambers accounting around 10 or so rooms filled with computers, gadgets and blueprints scattered all over the desks resided within the rooms. and last but not least, the owner of said room sitting either asleep or working their asses off with whatever task they were given.
This was nothing like the he ever imagined. the firs thing that caught him was the size of the area.

Lief noticing his slack jaw immediately shuts his mouth and then speaks. "Dude, this place is fucking HUGE."

"I know...it took like three hundred years to build." said Crithion.

as the Duo were walking pass some scaffolding Lief finally processed the information Crithion just gave.

"wait. you mean this took three hundred years to build." Lief asked sounding extremely shocked.

"well when you think about it. First we had to locate an appropriate spot that was Durable and in-depth so it could handle day after day testing and also given the circumstance, be used as a make shift bomb shelter." the two come to a stop near a bench next to one of the security stations. Crithion notes Lief to sit down, which he happily complies. and Crithion follows suit. "second, excavating and removing dirt and rock. and then lastly, the actual construction of the complex."

Lief taking this in shifts in his seat. "so in retrospect all of this has been here my entire life and I have only just found out about this now. I mean I know that Core-Tech had testing area but... this, this is just. WOW!" said Lief.

"Some of it is still being worked on. If you look past that Jaeger over there." Crithion points to the left towards a darkened section of the testing field. Lief looks to were he is indicating and can faintly make out a silhouette of an enormous mecha of some sorts on the far end of the facility surrounded by scaffolding and machinery. past the Jaeger Lief could also make out the wall of the enormous room. unlike the rest of it, this wall was still rocky and rough. and bits and pieces of machinery all along the floor beside it. Lief then looks back at Crithion Who was in deep in trance.

Now is my Chance Lief thought.

Lief reaches into his pocket and pulls out his PDA. selects ringtones, picks the most annoying one he could find and sets it to the highest volume. he then places it right next to crithion's ear finger on the play button...and 3..2..1.. OOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!

Now this would of caught even the most stone cold person off guard. And just as expected Crithion was blown away...Literally he fell of the chair they were sitting on.

"WHAT THE FUCK, DUDE!." Crithion yelled.

Lief trying to control his laughter calmed down and then spoke. "totally Worth it." Lief then offers to Crithion his hand for help getting up.

"alright ya knuckle head, you better watch your back though. cause I am going to get you." Crithion said.

"that'll be the day." Lief snickered under his breath.

"ok, the giggles are over. Its time for science." Crithion exclaimed.

the Duo got up from the bench and headed towards one of the larger building within the enormous cavern area. Crithion guiding Lief into a small entrance room were a few lab coats were hanging on the wall right beside another door witch by the look of it. leaded into the testing area.

the two put the coats on, as suggested by Crithion for science reasons. and they entered the other room. "this is the experimental testing field, this is were all of the little things are done. Like; weapons testing, shields, armour and all the sorts. it also has a smaller area for extremely dangerous stuff over there." Crithion said to Lief while giving him the grand tour of the place in Core-Tech where 'The Magic happens'. "ill be conducting the my experiment in here." Crithion motions Lief towards the banker like thing were he just said were all the dangerous and possibly lethal testing happens.

Lief not liking what his boss was saying speaks up. "wait, so your saying that this thing." Lief points to the teleportation device Crithion's been working on and the entire reason he is here in the first place. "Could kill you... I said this before and I'll say it again. ARE YOU INSANE!." Lief shouted. causing some of the other workers and scientists who were doing there job look in their direction.

"like I said before, I am sure it wont be devastating or harmful. Pleas just trust me on this Lief." Crithion said in a surprisingly calm and trustworthy tone. Crithion began walking towards the entrance to the underground bunker. "Lief." Lief then looked to his friend, Crithion placing a hand on his shoulder. " Lief, if anything does happen and in the more unlikely. if I am harmed or I hate to say this, killed. I have taken the liberty of rewriting my will. signing you off as my successor and you will have to carry my duties to Core-tech and the empire." Crithion admitted a hint of hurt in his voice.

Court off guard by Crithion's sudden turn in the subject. a pang of guilt and dread. Lief had always admired Crithion in the way he handled his life and what it had applied towards the Antraxian Empire. Managing Core-Tech, the company responsible for pushing The empire towards victory is science. the company single-handedly forged new lines of space age weaponry, transport and technological advances to ensure a better future, for peace and for harmony within the galaxy and with luck the universe. Lief couldn't even think how or why he would be able to do that. all Lief did was manage Delivery reports, employee services and give Crithion his Morning coffee. Not running a whole industry. what is this guy thinking.

Lief finally gaining the courage to speak. "Umm. Sir, I...ahh..mm. I...I...I. "

Crithion seeing Lief's discomfort. "I guess that's bit of a bomb isn't it?"

'Ya think?." Lief answered.

"well, you'll only have to worry if you know, I die but that hopefully wont happen." Crithion assured Lief.

Feeling a little relived, Lief asked Crithion to just get this over and done with. which he happily agreed to and told the two scientist manning the isolation controls to the hazardous testing room to begin running protocols and such.
After a few minuets of silent standing and waiting, Lief walked over to see what was taking so long.

five minuets and two face palms later the guys who Crithion just talked to were sealing him in the chamber with a heavy looking steel door labelled.

Caution-Hazmat

Written in bold orange letters.

Lief asked the Worker closest to him why it took so long for him to get inside.
Apparently it was something to do with that sword he was yielding around his waist and that he wanted it to stay with him at all times because if the experiment worked or worse, he died. he wanted the weapon to be destroyed with him or at least. away from prying hands of people who might reverse engineer it for their own use. and Crithion was having none of that.

Peering over the shoulders of the one of the women working on what looked like controls regulating oxygen and temperature for within the test chamber. Lief could see a monitor of sorts showing a view from a CCTV camera in the concealed room were Crithion now stands in a white lab coat, the teleportation device being strapped to his chest, and that monstrous sword swinging side to side under the coat.
Jeez, the guy really has a grudge over anyone else touching that damn thing.

"Are all the figures in place?' Crithion called out from inside the chamber.

"yes sir." answered the scientist from whom Lief was peering over.

"right then, Lets make our mark!" shouted the CEO of Core-Tech.

At that, people began working. the two in front of Lief were busy turning dials and flicking switches. while others were around the exterior of the bunker maintaining all sorts of machinery and things. Lief stood there watching his boss and only friend being tested on and what made it worse was the fact that he is the one who wanted that to happen.
Lief cared for him, not in a loving way. but being his supervisor and trusted companion made it hard not to.

After a few moments everything seemed to go off without a hitch (well Lief thought it was guessing over lack of experience from testing) but one moment later Lights began to blink, sirens were beginning to blare and a piercing light emitted from within the testing Chamber were Crithion is. Lief didn't believe this was in any way meant to happen.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Meanwhile during Crithion's Point of view.

Light.

Blinding light, is all i could see. and pain all i could feel was pain. like a fire had began burning in my chest.
it didnt take me long to figure out what would be causing it. The teleportation device.

Bracing, i tried to look down. towards were the pain was arising from. towards the device that I had put so much effort into. so much dedication and trust into failing and burning me. Lief was right. my stubbornness got in the way over basic OH and S. I'm such a Moron.

Gathering courage, I swang my arm around and locked it to my chest, my body really disliking that idea. shots of pain rushed throughout my body, making it hard to focus. trying again I managed to get one of me hands to the source of the scene. what I felt or what I wasn't feeling was unsettling.

"where is it?" I thought. poking around where I thought was the location of that stupid thing. I found something even more worrying. A cavity in my chest right nest to my Pulse reactor. so that's why its hurting.

Well shit!

Checking my internal scans, the device is literally right next to my Core power unit (the pulse reactor) and is fusing, wait fusing with it. Joy this day keeps getting better and better. taking this information in, I now realised that this is probably going to be permanent and possibly lethal. YAY.

"oh well, life well spent. glad I left Lief in charge of this place." I thought readying myself for the trip to the after life.

I started to feel fuzzy, like a weird sort of feeling but it didn't add to the pain I was already suffering. no this was something else.
opening my eyes, what I sore was extraordinary, my whole body was starting to particularise and shimmer. like something out of and aroura borealis, it was kind of beautiful and exhilarating. The pain was disappearing and my vision was clearing up properly.

what happened next, ill never forget.

a hole.

opening around me, it the centre of the device. what the hell is going on.
without warning, I was being sucked into it. like water going down a slightly clogged drain. and as I looked up I could faintly see the heavy metal door opening to the chamber. I saw Lief, whispering I said "I'm sorry." and then I was gone.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More pain.

Darkness, pain and nausea. what a great feeling to wake up to. I opened my eyes, blinking several times to clear the fog in my eyes and in my head. I tried to get up but it hurt to much to bear and slumped back down hitting the ground hard. I winced.

"oh, fuck me" I said smothered in pain and hurt.

ignoring the pain throughout my entire body I forced myself up. looking around, I found out I was in some sort of hallway. white tiles all along the walls. A pipe running above me to the right of the walkway and awful smell coming from somewhere someplace.

Picking myself up, I stated to slowly walk down the hall for two reasons; to gather my bearings and to eliminate that horrible smell. it was like something had died then and died a second time.

while I was slowly make progress in walking, I did a full body scan to see what the damage was, and what it told me was not good. my flight module was damaged quite a lot and by looking over my shoulder I could see why. sparks shooting out of my back and one of the two flight blades that would give an elite Antraxian soldier lift and control in the air was bent slightly and chipped. second, my shield generator was down too. that meant wherever I was, I had to watch my back cause there is nothing to protect me from projectiles like snipers or missiles. I hope there isn't any of that here, wherever here is?

Growing weak, I stopped to rest. looking around I noticed a door a few meters down the hall. "Hopefully someone is in there and can help me." I thought.

Arriving at the door, I figured out that it was a lot smaller then anticipated. it was around one and half meters tall, I had to crouch to fit. It hurt but I was though. and the fruits of my labour was a narrow maintenance tunnel. Oh BOY!

While exploring the Passage my ears began to work again and what I wanted to hear was something pleasant but instead I was hearing faint 'Cries'?

Picking up the pace I stopped by a large water tank. I noticed a window on the side and peered in. A gloopy red substance was swishing around inside. "is this blood? well whatever it is, I think I just located the source of that strange smell." Curiosity hitting me like a truck, I walked a little further around the 'red' tank and looked around.

What I saw was Greatly strange and confusing.

there was a platform, resided next to it was a long mechanical arm with a blade hooked to it covered in red liquid. Blood.
standing near the front of said platform was a figure with four legs, wings and rainbow coloured hair. I did a double take.

it looked familiar, my mind suddenly knew what it was looking at. a Pegasus.
down below a large group of more 'pegasi' were all standing. looks of fear and terror on their faces.

The rainbow haired Or Maned one on the platform moved, now at the edge it began to speak. "Hello, and welcome to the Rainbow Factory!".

"What the fuck is going on here?"

Author's Note:

If you have read this far that means a lot to me. and I give you a metaphorical hug.