• Published 8th May 2014
  • 630 Views, 2 Comments

The Adventures of Crithion Krytech EP 1 - armoredbrony1



The soldering tale of a person who is forced to work inside the Rainbow Factory

  • ...
 2
 630

A change In Motion

Vulnerability

I had been strapped onto a trolley and I was being hauled somewhere called 'Maintenance and Mechanics' for 'Purifying' as Rainbow Dash had called it. My mind was in utter chaos from what happened one hour ago, if that was the visual torture I was deemed for. Then I could only imagine what this next thing meant for me was going to be.

I thought back to how I had been rounded unconscious earlier and what that could mean for my survival here. Going through the possible techniques how that could be accomplished, and what advantages I still had. None, I have nothing. I am at their mercy now and I had to put up with it until I could somehow plan my escape. No!, the innocent lives of those back there need me. Rescue them first, then let myself escape.

--------------

The cart I was on burst through a set of double doors and immediately bright light flooded my vision. Taking a moment to regain my senses, I found I was in a suspiciously Pristine white room with walls fixed with; computers, keypads, keyboards and wiring. Two pegasi wearing lab coats that were just plain white (thank God), not stained or bloodied in anyway. That made me feel I tiny smidge better, but it still didn't change the fact of my predicament. The Guard who rolled me in here left, leaving me alone with what I am assuming are the Rainbow Factory Technicians/IT workers. I was mentally screaming, I knew they were going to do something to me. But what that's what scared me the most, not knowing my fate.

One of them approached me, judging by the shape of the muzzle and the figure of the body. My guess, its a she or mare in appropriate terms. she had a light grey mane and tale with a light electric blue streak down to her left. A dark brown coat, similar to Flowerdale's and a pair of rectangular glasses propped to the tip of her nose (no muzzle. your in a world dominated by equines, use the proper damn terminology) and she was giving me the look over. Looking somewhat done with it, she trotted back to a desk and wrote something down (by using her mouth?) on a clipboard then passed it to her co-worker who had a dark green coat, yellow mane and tale. And strangely larger feathers on her wings than all the other pegasi. Was it a birth defect or drug, wait. How the hell am I suppose to know. and why do I care?

Closing my eyes and giving a grunt in the process, I checked my central computer and heath circuit. Well, good news. My chest hole is mending and being fixed by my slightly damaged Immune Overbreach Defensive Imperial Nitrogen Epical or IODINE for short. If you didn't know, IODINE is a healing system used by Elite Antraxian soldiers. It works by taking power from my core (an experimental nuclear reactor that I literally just finished polishing up) and using said borrowed power to mend and fix up a hurt or damaged area that could threaten either myself or others. Its more complicated that it sounds, I wont go into details...

Further inspection shows that my flight module was repaired some time ago, when I was unconscious I presume. But at least I was healing and according to my progress, I should be back to old self in around two to three weeks. And hopefully I've planned up something on how im going to deal with my situation by the time that window appears.

Finishing up on the health check, I re-opened my eyes to survey my surroundings for a double check on what was happening. To my surprise, one of the technicians was gone. Only the dark green one remained, and she was by the looks of it...looking through a book. I couldn't see the cover of the book from here but when she turned a page with her muzzle I caught glimpses of the mysteries hidden inside. By my understanding, the book was about advanced virus protocols with bits and pieces of the sort. Since I was a whole new breed of technology, these pegasi would need to study me, scan my internals, work out a specific implant, construct the right worm to get into my head and last but not least, figure out what to do with me after that time.

Finding my voice. "excuse me, but why am I here?" I rumbled in a sore tone, I knew why I was here. But I wanted confirmation. I was still very weak and in pain. Although it was bearable now,and I still was feeling the fire in my chest but at least not for much longer.

Looking up, the mare walked away from her desk and was nearing me. "I'm sorry, but I have received orders from the deputy head of business telling me and sapphire wind that we had to 'reprogram' someone, didn't expect something like this" she said pointing a hoof at my contained feeble body.

"wait, reprogram?" I questioned.

"Yes, in theory we are going to construct a bug that will hack into your PCU, rewrite some data and change your view on things." she sounded very uncomfortable about this, just saying that sentence gave her the willies.

As I laid on this bench-cart thing, I thought that maybe, just maybe that this individual hadn't succumbed to the horrors that was The Rainbow Factory. Possibly she was being held as prisoner and not here willingly. I was a bout to find out. "What's your name, if you don't mind me asking?" I suddenly threw out there.

"Oh, my nopony has asked me that in a while." The strange Pegasus with the OP looking wings returned sounding a little flattered, and by that it also might make sense given the vibe of this place. "To be honest, I don't think anyone ever has?" she pondered.

I felt sad for her, Why was I sad? this strange Pegasus and soon her partner as well are about to brainwash me...was it that she was uncomfortable with all this or that given how horrible this place is, she might still be holding onto hope as well as the soon to be Rainbow fuel in whatever other room I just came from. She then looked at me with utmost certainty and without another heartbeat. "My name is Solar wind, but just call me Sol. I Don't mind at all witch one you use, its all fine with me. And since were trading names, what's yours strange creature whom I've never seen or heard of before?"

"Solar Wind eh, Pleasure to meet you. My name is Crithion Krytech. Elite Antraxian forward undercover operative and former commander of the 51st renegade star squadron and pilot to the Dawning Rift." I replayed in my most formal sounding voice.

Solar Wind was taken back by my little introduction, just a little.

"Well, that's some qualification you got there isn't it?" Solar Sounded impressed at the sheer magnitude of my Old life's work but I also assumed she had absolutely no idea what a renegade Squadron is or what the Dawning rift was either.

"You don't know what any of that is do you?" I questioned.

"No idea at all, but it does sound important.." She said back giving a chuckle...Knew it.

"So, how does someone like you end up in a place like this. You didn't get here through the Failed flight exam, hell I don't even know if you can fly. Then if it wasn't that, then how?" Solar Wind asked.

"First of all, I can fly. I have a Quantum black fire Flight module that I designed myself. Second, you said something about a Flight exam...is that how the disgusting pricks who run this foul place get Occupants for Rainbow production....that's evil." I got a little side-tracked but still. Processing the information I have gathered, these pegasi run some sort of annual exam. In which all of those who fail said test are doomed to a fate of weather fuel. And by assumption the Pegasus standing right next to me, the one who will soon be reprogramming my head.

"If you don't mind me asking, did you fail that exam too?" I didn't mean to sound rude or anything, but I needed to know.

"H-how...how did you know?" Solar replied with a hint of hurt in her sweet voice.

"Call it a wiled guess." I said.

"Well, if you must know than yes. I did. And it was Fucking unfair, Why? cause when I did the Exam my wings were fairly underdeveloped and when I was moved here guess what happened? They fucking grew and grew. look at them." she turned showing her big Green wings, then returned to her former position. "I guess life just bites you in the ass sometimes now doesn't it. but when I got here, I was given a choice. Give up and let them use me or pledge myself to work here for the rest of me life in some field chosen for me. And that's how I ended up here."

I turned my head looking up at her from the table/cart thing I was tied down to, shaking my head a little to try and move some of my long black hair out of my field of vision but it only made it worse. giving up I just looked at Solar Wind with the most horrific expression I could muster.

"I know, its the sad tragic backstory of the maintenance mare. Cliché isn't it? But that aside, its the truth.." Solar then stared up at the ceiling and whispered to herself. "Id do anything to get out of this hellhole." then a sigh escaped her muzzle.

We both shared a few moments of silence but then a stern voice boomed through the service intercom hanging on the wall to my left. "Solar, ill be down in five minutes. Prepare our "Guest" for cleansing." that last word was said slowly, clearly it was by assumption the other mare who works in here with Solar Wind. And it sounded like she enjoyed saying that. I said it before and ill say it again, this place is fucked up!

"I guess our talk has come to an apparent end, Damn-it. Your the friendliest person iv spoken to in a long time." Solar turned and trotted back to her desk, skimmed through notes in her book and then returned to my side, a serious expression plastered on her face. "Look! I have an idea, but I will need you to trust me. Can you?" Solar suddenly asked me.

"Solar, the things I've seen in the past 24-hours. I'm willing to trust anyone right now." I exclaimed. I hope whatever she's come up with wont fail...like my previous plan(s). If I was going to help these tortured ponies at all, I was going to need two things; time and friends. And I was lacking both...until now that is. Giving in, I nodded waiting for her to continue.

"I heard about what you did back there, standing up to that bitch and her minions. Just for doing that, you have reawakened my long dead hope for freedom. And with the both of us, I reckon we have a chance. Be it slim as hell, but there's still some chance." Solar Wind said. A glimmer of hope in her eye and a smile on her muzzle. This was someone who I was not going to fail, even though I literally just met her but hey not going to make a pun here but. Never look a gift horse in the mouth...

The clip-clopping of hooves on metal could be heard coming from down the hall outside this maintenance bay area.
Quickly, Solar wheeled me over to the far side of the room near the wall fixed with the computers and things, she then walked over to her desk and started to pretend read and just in the nick of time too. Because Her co-worker Sapphire strode inside at that very moment not suspecting a thing.

Sapphire trotted directly up to me and wheeled me over to some sort of terminal close to the wall a few metres away. She then opened an access panel next to it and pulled out two wires with her mouth and then plunged one of them strait into my forehead. It didn't penetrate (course not my skeleton in made of Collin-based Sovietanium, one of the strongest metals found in the stark-Leon galaxy) but there were three clamps with iron teeth that came with unholy forces and struck home. slightly piercing the strong metal but nothing that would leave a permanent mark or wound. It hurt, I swear I could feel smaller wires pouring out from inside the medium sized cable and finding their desired spots. It was like they were tentacles of some sort. After the molesting was over, Sapphire walked over to Solar and told her something but I was to focused with the technical rape that I was not listening.

Sapphire was typing things into the wall terminal and Solar Wind was approaching me holding a weird looking device in her mouth. She hovered it over me and ran it up and down a couple of times, she then leaned into my ear. "Don't warre, I not going ca le eish thig olly cover you." she whispered with the scanner in her mouth. deciphering I think she said (Don't worry, I'm not going to let this thing fully convert you) I relaxed a little and thought about the machine I was now hooked up to and how it was going to "rewrite my thoughts and Morales" I said I was going to trust Solar and I was damn well keeping that promise. Preparing myself, I awaited for the procedure to begin.

-------------

I had waited an hour, Didn't think it would take this long. Wait, actually yes I did. I am a completely new P.C.U type to them and they had to reverse engineer, build the software and find the appropriate place to insert the virus that would semi-control me. Whatever those two were doing over there, they were taking their sweet-ass time that for sure.

Another few minutes later, the brown coated Sapphire (how did she get a name like that, sapphires are blue not brown) approached me with a clipboard in her mouth. when she was close enough, she spat out the board and it landed right next to my head, sliding to a stop near my right ear. I had been fully braced down to the table which included my head, so I couldn't see what was written on that piece of paper on the clipboard. Sapphire was concentrating on the bit of paper for a while and then went over to the wall terminal to type a few things. She returned, a fierce look in her eye. "alright Solar, I know those pesky unicorns have all their super sparkly magic. But today, We preform some 'magic' of our own. Initiate the procedure, but take it slow and steady." she said with perfect frosty words.

"Did she just say, 'unicorns" I thought.

Solar Wind stood at the terminal mounted on the wall residing to the left from were I was. she pressed the power up button and started to preform the 'Magic'. The computer flared to life projecting for its command.

>BEGIN SUBJECT REASSIGNMENT<

>PLEASE SELECT SUBCATAGORY OF PROCEDURE

> TROJAN PROFORMATY
> COMPLETE DATA WHIPE
> DATA REASSESMENT
> DATA TRANSFER
> REMOTE COPYRIGHT
>REMOTE CONTROLE OVERRIDE

Solar Wind Looked at me, I looked back. She then winked and returned back to her work.

>DATA REASSESMENT SELECTED<

>WOULD YOU LIKE TO CONTINUE WITH THIS OPERATION<

>YES
>NO

>YES SELECTED<

>ENGAGING<

I could feel it starting, like lava being poured into my skull. It burned.

>3% COMPLETE<
>10% COMPLETE<

It felt like the supernova heated lava was traveling down my spine to the lower parts of my body, the burning intensifies.

>27% COMPLETE<

I started to scream, it was all to much. My entire world was now nothing but searing pain and adrenalin.

>50% COMPLETE<

I was thrashing in my bonds, yelling for it to stop. Attempting to move my hands out of the knots but what did I expect, It brought to no avail. Solar Wind stood there not paying attention to her screen anymore, instead she could not help herself but watch in horror at her newly assessed friend. It pained her to do this but it was the only way in the time and situation, to fool sapphire and The high Order. Witch consisted of Rainbow Dash, Spitfire, Thunder Lane and Smooth Cross. So she and this Stranger could make riddance of this ungrateful foul place.

Solar turned back to the terminal and awaited for her time of action.

>75% COMPLETE<
>86% COMPLETE<

I begged for death.

>91% COMPLETE<

I was tempted to self terminate, the option was right here. I mean, yes I could just off myself right and now. But, then I would be letting down Solar and the others out there who need me. And if I did, it would cause my core to blow. Now we cant have that now can we like, this whole place would be levelled in seconds. I am powered by a particle accelerator running with dissolved matter quantities at light speeds, then those sped up particles are thrown into a fusion reactor where it will explode in a suspended magnetic vacuum. Again and again, generating immense power used manly by my 'IODINE' and shield projectors. Only around 20% of the energy makes it to my P.C.U and bodily functions like walking, flying, moving in any form and ETC... And it would be an understatement estimating the blast radius at a kilometre. It would be more like I dunno, 40 KM or more and that's in the condition im currently in. So if I was fully operational...I don't like thinking about that.. just end of story.

I have put my trust into Solar Wind and so far, im starting to question it. C'mon, if you are going to do something...DO IT NOW!

Solar Wind was waiting for the exact moment, she couldn't just do it to early or too late, if it was the former. Sapphire would suspect something, and if it was the latter. She might loose him completely, Crithion would be subject to working under the influences of the Rainbow Factory. The mere thought highly troubled Her.

As the progress bar on the terminal indicating how far along the Data Reassessment was, Solar felt anxious. a feeling of failure in her wings.

Her time arrived
>98% COMPLETE< flashed the screen.

She pressed a few buttons on the keypad, and just as planned. The procedure stopped, and Crithion slowly calmed down and rested. Clearly, that pain had subsided. All was left to do now is check and make sure she did this right and didn't live up to her incompetent name.

------------

I felt numb, and I don't usually feel this way at all.
The pain had gone a few minute ago, and Sapphire left my side for a bit to go talk to Solar...I think.

Cocking my neck to the right, and stretching (when your tied down to a table that's a fairly had task by the way). Besides the numbness, I also felt strange, not in a physical type of way but just. Different.

I was approached, luckily it was Solar Wind. She had that weird scanner thing in her muzzle again and did that same thing as before. After the body scan she unbuckled the bonds keeping me held to the metal table and let me sit up. My HUD glasses falling out of my pants pocket in the process. huh, I completely forgot about these. now when did I use them last...oh, when I was arriving at Core-Tech in the company transport vessel. I thought.
Picking them up and sliding them into one of my from pockets situated in the Core-Tech approved lab coat, I could have guessed that Solar would look at them funny.

"Those are some weird spectacles, where did you get them?" Solar Wind asked.

Taking In the modesty of her quick amazement over some as simple as Heads Up Display glasses. "Spectacles, haven't heard that word in quite some time." I laughed, I was taking a liking to the very nature of this lone Pegasus. Not that I didn't mind of course, I needed a friend and she was the closest thing I would receive here.

"And if you must know, there not ordinary glasses." Annnnd here it comes.

"Then what makes them so special." This was getting out of hand, first she asked me a question and now we've come full circle.

Finding my voice. "well, you know how I am a machine and my mind is a big computer... a really good one." Solar nodded. "In order for me to access anything besides movement and or speech, I have to close my eyes to use it. But that could be extremely stupid and dangerous in certain situations, so I had a pair of these made so I could you know. Use said functions like my flight module or my power levels and or use it a weapon or something like the sorts without having to close my eyes and be vulnerable."

"Huh, makes sense. Plus it gives you an upgrade with multitasking." Solar said with enthusiasm. which made me think, "speaking of what I can do, what did that thing do to me? I feel incredibly strange, I have an urge to hit something and why am I having a conversation with Solar Wind while Sapphire's here...in the room, not more that ten metres away...I hope what ever has been done to me doesn't affect my behaviour".

Coming to a stop at whatever the hell she was doing, Sapphire came up next to Solar Wind and gave me the look over.."was she expecting something to happen or just checking...I have no idea what I should do by this point."

"Any minute now." Sapphire exclaimed.

"Wait..so she is waiting for something to happen, but what..., ok just calm down and rest." I thought trying to follow up on my words. But something struck me. I couldn't feel my left arm or hand, and also my right foot.
Panicking only sped it up, all what was left with any sense of nerve was my upper torso and head and it kept coming. No pain or injections secretly being done, My systems were failing and before I knew it. Blackness surrounded me and I passed out hitting the solid floor with a thud.

"And there, you see. It wasn't so hard now was it little Wind, you are really improving with the whole brainwashing thing. Well Done!" Sapphire then wrapped her wing around Solar giving her praise.