• Published 6th Mar 2014
  • 790 Views, 23 Comments

Rarity's Greatest Task - Hidden Light



Rarity is not the mare her friends think she is. She is actually much like Twilight. She loves books. She works hard. She has a mentor. And her #1 goal is to assassinate Applejack.

  • ...
1
 23
 790

10:34 A.M.

Rarity was prepped up for the day. Her friends scheduled a picnic that day, and they all decided to bring their pets. Rarity had just remembered this. "Opal!" she called out. She waited a minute before repeating in an aggravated tone. "Opalescence! You come here right now!". She still didn't appear. She groan and trotted out of her room and begun her search which came to a quick end when she checked the kitchen.

Opal was standing up with her head bent down to lap the water in her bowl. She stood completely still apart from her out of control twitching head. Smoke was flowing out of her nostrils and butthole, and weird whirring noises where coming out of her. "UHG! Why did you have to ruin yourself NOW!". Then she kicked Opal over in rage. The cat fell over though it kept on twitching, and smoking, and whirring. "I don't have time to replace you!" she realized. "Well, I could just tell them you...caught a cold! yeah..." Rarity just stood there, creeped out by the still twitching Opal, as well as with herself, for talking to a robot cat.

She shook herself then ran out the door. She couldn't just waste time when her life was on the line. But this was also her last chance to destroy Applejack. Which one is the better reason to finish this mission? she thought. Before she decided she already reached the edge of the park, then she spotted her friends. "Hello girls!" she began "I'm sorry I couldn't come earlier!".

Rainbow Dash only flicked her ears and said "That's alright. I would have missed my nap if you came sooner.". Twilight only glared at Rarity as she glared back.

They stood for a few minutes before Fluttershy broke the silence. "Um...Would you girls like a bagel with cream cheese?" She mewed. Twilight didn't stop staring at Rarity, but she took the bagel and shoved it in Fluttershy's face. The others were asleep, so they didn't notice. She just took the bagel off and backed away. Rarity wanted to do the same, but Fluttershy was closer to Twilight. They glared for a few more minutes before Twilight blinked then slightly flinched. Rarity smirked in triumph before closing her own eyes. The pain was so excruciating that she couldn't stop her wince in time. Twilight smirked back.

"So," Twilight started "where's Opal? Have you forgotten that we're all supposed to bring our pets?"

Rarity showed no expression. "She caught a cold, so she needs to stay at home."

They stayed silent for another minute before Twilight came closer and whispered. "Do you know what today is?"

Rarity only nodded, "June 15th, Wednesday." Rarity was practically reading her thoughts when she asked: "You were given the exact same mission, weren't you?". Twilight's smirk swiftly changed to a huge grin.

Before anything else was said Fluttershy started picking her nose. Rarity suppressed a smile as she watched. She knew she was only trying to dig out the cream cheese that was shoved in it, but she was pushing it up further, making her look stupid. She suddenly jerked her hoof out and sneezed loudly. surprisingly, no pony woke, only carried on with their blissful slumber. Rarity gave a silent sigh of relief before turning her attention back to Twilight.

"No, I didn't receive the same mission, but I will do whatever it takes to keep you from completing it." Twilight vowed. Rarity snorted. She slipped past her and decided to begin her mission already. "Are you really going to end her, in public?" Twilight pointed out, a bit loudly.

Rarity ignored her and walked towards Applejack only to find her with her eyes open. She was listening! Rarity thought. Fluttershy's sneeze must have awakened her! Instead of stabbing her right on the spot she nudged her.

Applejack yawned. "What do ya want, Rarity?"

Rarity gulped. "I wanted to know what your going to do today. I figured we could meet up later and catch up on all the gossip." Applejack's eyes grew slightly wider. The she shook her head.

"I've got chores to do when I get home, and a dog to feed." she said, flicking her tail towards Winona. "In fact, I should go ahead and get home. Let em know when they get up, please." She quickly shot up and ran off, whistling for Winona to follow.

Rarity kicked the dirt in rage. She quickly realized what she did and grabbed a napkin to wipe the dirt off. She couldn't help but blame Applejack. Another pedicure ruined! she thought bitterly. All the more reason to end her life!