• Published 6th Mar 2014
  • 790 Views, 23 Comments

Rarity's Greatest Task - Hidden Light



Rarity is not the mare her friends think she is. She is actually much like Twilight. She loves books. She works hard. She has a mentor. And her #1 goal is to assassinate Applejack.

  • ...
1
 23
 790

5:23 A.M.

Celestia had just risen the sun. It's bright rays of sunlight shone through the windows of Rarity's bedroom. Even though they shot right into her face, she slept on, only letting out a small snore. Suddenly there was beeping, followed by a flashing light in the covers. Rarity shot her eyes open. Her vision was dark, but she could still see everything. She darted her eyes all over the room, searching for the source of the beeping. Then she noticed the light. She let out a small sigh, then her head shot up.

She jumped out of bed to the window. She shut the blinds, making the room almost pitch black. She tried to feel her way around the room, but only took two steps before tripping on Opal's toy mouse. She shot right up and continued on, trying to reach the door. She slammed the door close as soon as it was in reach, then locked it. She held her hoof up and saw the glow coming from her watch.

She smushed her hoof on it, but it had no effect. She tried again. Still nothing.

"Impractical, futile, no good hooves!" She yelled.

Then she tried lightly touching the watch with the tip of her hooves. When she did a green light shot up and made a huge triangle of light glow around the room. The silhouette of a pony shown. Then disappeared. Then appeared again, staying put this time.

"Rarity!" The mare spoke, though the sound was heard a little after the mare's mouth started moving.

"UGH! Why must I watch your messages in the dark!? I can barely see my hoof in front of my face now that you've messed up my vision!" Rarity complained.

The mare in the light just rolled her eyes. "You just forgot to take your sunglasses off." She told her. Rarity felt around her face and realized she was right. She quickly ripped them off and threw them to the side of the room. The lighting improved greatly.

"Rarity, have yo-" The mare began only to be cut off by Rarity.

"Now that is MUCH better!" she stated. The mare cleared her throat, and Rarity turned her attention to her.

"Have you completed "Your greatest task" yet?" The mare asked.

Rarity gulped before replying. "No, I haven't. But this business has been taking over my shifts at the boutique! And I have a sister, as well as a cat, to feed! Plus I've been scheduling my spa days that are always ruined by my "tasks"!"

The mare in the green light raised an eyebrow. "What's happened to you? Have you been hiding among the public as this...This "Fashonista" for so long, that you've forgotten who you really are?!" Rarity realized she had. But instead of confirming this, she focused on the more important subject.

"Look, You've made me go through the trouble of waking up so early, so why can't you just hurry up and tell me what it is that you want?" The mare just stared at her for a second.

"I cannot believe my best agent has forgotten about the greatest task a mare could get, no less the one thing you've wanted to do your entire life!"

Rarity thought hard, trying to remember what was the thing she's always wanted to do. Let's see she thought. Go mining in those diamond dog caverns, getting on the cover on "FancyPants" magazine, hmmm.... the mare must have seen her zone out and facehoofed.

"Rarity, What's today?" she asked. Rarity thought that was just a random question, but glanced at the calendar anyway. She barely made out the 15th that she left unmarked. "June, 15th..." she told her. The mare nodded.

"And what's the only mission you have due today?"

Rarity eyes sparkled as joy leaped around inside her. "Of coarse!" she exclaimed. "Today I can finally get rid that dirt-eater!" She started to hop in place, unable to contain her joy, until the mare started shouting madly at her.

"AGENT BELLE!!! You could have done this before! And this is the most important mission you've received!" The mare stopped and sighed before continuing. "You need to finish before midnight, or you'll be stripped of your job. And you know what happens to a pony who knows about our Agency, but doesn't work with us, correct?" Rarity gulp, then nodded. It meant that she couldn't stay alive with such information.

"You'd better get going. Just know I can easily replace you too, so there's no chance you can live if you fail." Rarity quickly got angry as she thought of the the agent who was always competing with her.

"You're talking about agent Sparkle, aren't you!?"

The mare ignored her and only said "Good Luck" before disappearing with the green light. Rarity looked depressed for a moment then shot back up when she remembered what her mission was.

"I'm going to kill Applejack!"