• Published 25th Mar 2014
  • 1,653 Views, 34 Comments

Room for Rent: A Drop of the Creature - Drax99



"Come to Equestria, meet my friends, we'll have a few laughs!" One night, six mares, a karaoke machine, and alot of alcohol. What could possibly go wrong?

  • ...
4
 34
 1,653

Filly Jean -Applejack

As the pair of mugs were placed in front of my by the smiling Lyra, I sniffed at them, before giving a puzzled look to the server.

“I dunno what beer is, but I brought you two mugs of cider. I hope that’s okay?” I shrugged and took a swig, grinning at the crisp taste and dry bite. She grinned in return and levitated over a shot glass and a dusty bottle. And here is the liquor you ordered.”

“Hoowee! Where in Equestria did ya git your hooves on a bottle of mah Pappy’s special reserve? He only made three batches, and Ah have only two bottles left mahself!” Applejack practically leaped out of her chair to inspect the bottle, before turning to me. “Yer in fer a treat thar Louis. This here is the finest apple brandy ever made by ponykind, and it pack one hellova kick!” She turned to cock an eye at the now-blushing unicorn.

“I saved up for a whole year to buy it at auction in Canterlot. Some stuffy old guy was having an estate sale and I got my hooves on it for cheap. I don’t even think he knew what was in the bottle.” She grinned at me and blew some dust off the label. “I was saving it for a special occasion, but I think this qualifies!”

“Well then.” I replied looking at the bottle. None of it was readable, as the translation spell they cast on me was only for speech, not written language, since I was only a temporary visitor. “I guess I can accept such a generous gift, but only one one condition.”

“Anything!” the green mare responded breathily, her eyes growing large.

“I insist that you have a drink with us! Go get some more shot glasses!” I grinned as she nodded vigorously and ran off.

“Are you sure it’s a good idea to encourage her? She was rejected by the immigration board for a reason, Louis. She’s more than a bit obsessed with humans.” Princess Party Pooper had to but in as usual. The other girls were giving mixed reactions ranging from face splitting grins from Dash and AJ, to worried frowns from Rarity. Fluttershy was just staring at the bottom of her latest drink, although her face was becoming a bit flushed.

“Hey, if you guys can put up with all the pony worship on my world, what harm can it be for me to get a little human worship? Besides, what’s a few drinks among friends?” I grinned at them all.

“I dunno, the last time Big Mac had some of that thar brandy, we didn't see him for three days. He woke up outside Cherilee’s house, hangin from a tree.” Applejack’s smile turned worried.

“Aww hell yea, now there is a pony I wanna party with.” I smiled and pulled the cork on the bottle, taking a whiff. It was like someone had shoved an apple up my nose, then dunked my head in alcohol. It was heavenly. And just in time, the glasses arrived.

“Okay, everyone gets a shot, no chickening out.” I poured for each of us, and passed the shots around. Lifting our glasses high I called out a toast, “To good friends, good drinks, and good music!” The last was said with a wink to Rarity, who actually blushed. The toast was repeated, and down the shots went.

And then the coughing began. Everyone except me, Applejack, and strangely enough, Fluttershy.

“Woooh nelly! That sure puts some milk in yer teats, and a fire in yer belly!” Applejack declared, getting strange looks from the rest.

I felt the fire course down my throat, numbing as it went, leaving behind a slight aftertaste of fresh pressed cider. It was the best booze I had ever tasted, and I quickly poured another shot, being joined by Applejack, and again, Fluttershy, who actually smiled at me. The rest of the mares found more interest in their softer drinks as the second round was downed.

“Damn that's some good hooch!”I finished off with a cider of my own and grinned at Applejack. Rainbow Dash was actually looking a bit green, while Rarity and Twilight glowed red with blush. Lyra... was passed out on the floor.

“Damn girl. Can’t hold your liquor?” I chuckled at the softly snoring unicorn, leaning on the table next to me. “Gimme a hand here AJ, lets get her somewhere comfortable.” I tried to get an arm under the inebriated mare, and lifted.

“Oh let me, I can help!” and a lavender glow surrounded Lyra as she was levitated into the air by Twilight. “I will take her back to her room and be right back.”

“Well it’s a good thing she lives here. If she’s such a lightweight, she must spend alot of time drunk off her ass.” I chuckled.

“Actually, its not unusual for Unicorns. Magic and alcohol don't mix well, and it hits some rather hard.” Rarity pointed to a rather unsteady Twilight making her way away from us, as the unconscious Lyra wobbled in her telekinetic grip.

“Yep, that's why most of them just stick to their fancy wine an stuff.” Applejack pointed out.

It was at this point I realized that there was something absent from the room. Namely the inane chatter of a certain hyperactive pink pony. I turned to see her making a pyramid of shot glasses, tongue sticking out of her mouth. She noticed me, and stopped, slowly putting the last glass down.

“Wha? I don usuarry drink. Hard ta run a party iffin yer drunk. But dis is niiice...” Her slurred speech set off an alarm and I looked to see half the bottle was now gone, and realised that the empty glasses were all hers.

“Dammit Pinkie, if you get sick, you better not puke on me.” I groused. “That’s it, you are cut off for a bit.”

“Aww, yer no fun!” and with that, her head hit the table with a loud thumb, and the soft snoring began.

“Well damn. If I knew that’s all it took, I woulda gotten her drunk earlier!” Laughter ran around the table at my remark, and I took another long pull on my cider.

“Alright, while we wait for Twilight, who’s next?” Dash jumped in, looking around the table. “Cmon Louis, lets hear you sing!”

“Aww no! None of you are drunk enough to tolerate my singing.” I waved my mug around, getting jeers from the rest. “No, really, ask Pinkie!” I looked over at the softly snoring lump of fur next to me. “Oh, nevermind.”

“Aww hell, I’ll take a shot at it. Ah ain't sang at a shindig since the last reunion, but Ah did win a prize fer it!” Applejack stood up, and made her way to the DJ.

“Oh my, I bet you ten bits it’s going to be some country and western song.” Making a face, Rarity rolled her eyes.

“Yea, she’s totally gonna try to do some line dance number!” Dash laughed as the farm pony took the stage.

I kept my piece. I had spent some time hanging with her before, and found out she was a much more complicated person than most took her for. Going from a simple farm girl, to a high society debutante, and back to a hard working mare of the land, she had seen more of the world than most ponies in this low-tech society.

But even I wasn't prepared for when the lights went down. As the spotlight came up, the familiar brown stetson was gone, now replaced with a black fedora, and a sequined sock covered one of her hooves. She looked down at the stage, hiding her eyes under the brim as the audience gasped at her transformation. Then the beat started, and I found my hand forcibly planted on my face.

The other girls saw my reaction, and gasped. “What is it darling?” Rarity asked for the rest of them.”

In response, I just sighed, replying, “It’s Apple Jackson.”


"Filly Jean" -Apple Jackson


As Applejack stepped down from the stage amid another thunderous round of applause. Making her way to the table she pulled her stetson out of the fedora somehow, and placed the black hat on my head as she passed me.

“Ah believe you owe me ten bits thar, Rarity.” She drawled as she took her seat.

“Well, I must admit, you took me by surprize, darling. And what a pleasant surprize it was.” Levitating out the money, she passed it to the farmer with a smile.

“Yea, she really showed you, Rarity! Hah, country indeed!” Rainbow Dash crowed, until a cleared throat and outstretched hoof from AJ stopped her laughter. “Aww horseapples.” Hoofing over her own stack of bits, she stuck her tongue out.

“What’d I miss?” A slightly disheveled Twilight came trotting up, retaking her seat.

“Well, Applejack just showed off some of her singing and dancing skills, and made these two lose a bet.” I chucked, getting dirty looks from the two in question. “So how is Lyra? Get any pictures of her in compromising poses?” I grinned lecherously at the princess’’s condition.

“What? No! It was...” The blush was rather incriminating to say the least, and her stammer made the others snicker and laugh. “I mean, no she was fine, I tucked her in on the couch and came back.” Her shifty eyes told another story, as I grinned even wider. “Seriously though, make sure you never get caught alone in a room with her. She has this... shrine or something, to humans.” She shuddered and looked away from me. “It was creepy as hell. I think I see why Bonbon left her after she was rejected by the immigration board.” Clearing her throat, she blushed even harder. “She also left some of her, um, toys out in her room. Human toys.”

This brought a howl from AJ and Dash as they laughed at the image, and even Rarity let out a ladylike titter. Hell, I think Fluttershy even let out a giggle as Twilight tried to regain her composure.