• Published 26th Feb 2014
  • 1,510 Views, 42 Comments

Imperial Liberation of Equestria - Darth Redbeard



Equestria will soon become a battleground for one of the largest wars they have ever seen. The Imperial and Lennex Empires fight for Equestria.

  • ...
19
 42
 1,510

Raid on the Castle

With the Battle of Ponyville over, the Imperial and Equestrian armies began to gather up all the dead and wounded. For the Imperials, the losses totaled to five hundred dead with another seven hundred and fifty injured. The Equestrians took fewer losses. thirty injured and five dead.

Lennex losses were much higher. Even though the allies failed to wipe out the entire corps, they had wiped out much of their forces, leaving only a handful of men left. What was remaining had fled into the forest. While Imperial forces wanted to pursue, they had worn themselves out during the battle. The Royal Guard had refused to pursue, stating that they would never enter that forest.

Luna was walking around Ponyville, viewing the death and destruction in that five hour battle. In only a few days, she had seen more bloodshed than ever before. The worst she had seen was during the Equestrian Civil War between Celestia and her, but now, that conflict seemed to pale in comparison to this.

Before she could walk any further, she was grabbed and pulled into an alley where Cold Heart, Celestia’s Captain, was there.

“What do you want?” Luna asked, not wanting to deal with him. For years, he had done nothing but blame her for all the problems in Equestria.

“I want you to tell these foreigners to leave Equestria and let us deal with these invaders ourselves,” he said. “You only brought them here so you could take over the Equestrian throne.”

“I did no such thing!” Luna exclaimed. While normally it would just be bandit attacks that he would blame her on, now he was accusing her of wanting the throne and using their allies to do so.

Before Luna could say anything else, Cold bought out a knife and cut Luna’s arm.

“If you do betray Equestria,” he said. “You’ll get a lot worse than that.” He walked away, further into the shadows of the alley. Before he could get far, Luna threw a rock at the back of his head.

“Do something like that again and I will not show any mercy,” Luna replied. Cold just continued walking into the alley.

Luna walked out of the alley, holding her arm close to her as she began to feel faint. She caught herself on a nearby wall, keeping herself as steady as she could.

What did he use on me?” she thought as she entered the street only to see some Imperial officers from the 1st and 2nd army hiding, keeping together to not be spotted.

“What’s going on here?” a voice asked. Luna turned and saw Matthew and TK walking towards her. “Why are they hiding?”

“I have no idea,” Luna replied, covering the wound as quickly as possible. Before they could go over and ask what was going on, a shout was heard from the other side of Ponyville.

“THOSE PEOPLE RUINED MY HOME!”

The officers that were hiding immediately ran heading to a nearby transport.

“What did those officers do?” TK asked.

“Sounds like they ruined someone’s day,” Matthew replied. As he was about to walk over to the transport to deal with the officers, Flash and Shining ran up, a look of fear on their faces.

“Princess Twilight’s on a rampage,” Flash said. “Those Lennex soldiers trashed the library and even ruined all the family photos of her and Spike.”

“No wonder those officers were hiding,” Luna said. “Twilight does have a pretty bad temper at times and messing with her son is one way to really cause trouble.”

“I remember,” Flash said. “When the mayor of Manehatten tried to have Spike and Babs placed in custody for causing trouble for a bunch of the rich nobles’ children, Twilight really let him have it.”

“And I thought that Kari had a bad temper,” TK commented. Both he and Matthew shuddered, remembering what they had gone through a few years ago.

“Thank you for not staying in the palace while that was going on,” Matthew said. “I was ready to either barricade myself in the war room or get my tent and head for one of the camps and stay after those first few nights. Were you two trying to scare me?”

“No,” TK replied. “I really don’t blame you for wanting to hide out from it though.”

“Alright,” Shining interrupted. “I believe we spent enough time talking. Celestia wants all of us at Town Hall to figure out what to do next.”

As the five were entering town hall, a group of Imperial soldiers that were on guard duty brought their weapons up in front of them in salute as Matthew and TK gave their salute back. They walked through the destroyed doors, leading to the main room.

“Guess we went a little overboard with the tanks,” Matthew commented. “How much will I have to pay in damages?”

“Around one thousand bits,” an elderly lady said, walking over to them. “You don’t have to worry about paying for it too much. Most of the damage to this place was done by those other people so your bill isn’t as bad.”

“Either way,” Matthew said. “We need to pay for the damages we caused. I’ll have my engineers start to help rebuild what was destroyed. Money will be taken from the Imperial Treasury to help with repairs.”

“Thank you,” she replied. As she walked away, an Imperial Private ran over.

“Sorry to bother you, sir,” he began. “But we found something that requires your attention.”

“Very well,” Matthew said. “I’ll meet you all in a bit.” As he walked away, the others went into the next room where Celestia and Cadance were waiting. Just as Celestia was about to speak, TK’s second in command ran over.

“You’re needed in the other room, sir,” he said, saluting his commander.

“Very well, Jeffery,” TK said as he left the room.

“What is up with them and doing stuff that doesn’t even concern this war?” Cold asked, entering the room from another door. “If they don’t want to even make plans, then why are they even here?”

“Because they are looking over important Lennex documents,” Yuri said as he entered the room with Matthew and TK following him. In Matthew’s hands were some papers that had been scattered on the desk where the Private from earlier had taken him to. “To win a war, you need more than soldiers and supplies. You need intelligence on your opponent and we have enough to make ten more moves before the Lennex Empire catches on.”

“Why is that?” Celestia asked.

“Maps of all the Lennex positions in Equestria,” Matthew answered. “Besides Canterlot, the main enemy strongholds near Ponyville are Cloudsdale and this Castle in the Everfree Forest. First stop is that castle. There are people being held there and one of them is your friend. The same one you asked us to come here to help you find.”

Unknown to them, Twilight had overheard what they said and walked over, her eyes narrowed in anger, determined to get more answers. While she would normally remain calm around others, the fact that they were able to get info on her son was good enough for her to go over and demand everything they knew.

“With this castle secured,” TK began. “It’ll protect our flank and if the Lennex forces try and push us back, we can dig in there and hold them off.”

“A coward’s tactic if you ask me,” Cold said. “Why don’t you all just leave and let us fight this war. We’ll do much better than you ever will.”

“Then why did you all ask for help!” an Imperial soldier shouted. Luna turned and saw the same soldiers from before once again causing trouble. This time, Cold was on the receiving end. As he walked over, prepared to hurt the soldiers, he felt something hit his ankle and tripped over it, falling face first to the ground.

“I highly suggest you keep away from my men,” Matthew said. Cold got up and tried to throw a punch at Matthew, only for Yuri to grab his fist and punch him in the face with it.

“Cold!” Celestia yelled. “That’s enough! Go patrol the the outskirts till this meeting is over.” Cold grumbled and left, his eyes narrowing as his face grew dark.

“I have a bad feeling about him,” TK whispered to Matthew. “We might want to have some men keep an eye on him.”

“Not yet,” Matthew replied, his voice also quiet as possible to keep Celestia and Luna from hearing. “We can’t just keep an eye on someone that works for our allies. If he shows signs of treachery, then we’ll have a squad of assassins watch him.”

“Alright,” TK turned his attention back to Celestia and Luna who were talking with Twilight, who had just arrived at the table demanding answers.

“I know I heard them say they knew something about my son!” Twilight exclaimed. “I don’t care how dangerous it is, I will get my son back!”

“Twilight,” Celestia began. “You’re too emotional for this. I know he’s your son, but you need to let others do this. With your state, you could get hurt or worse out there.” As the two continued arguing, Luna and Cadance stayed to one side, keeping out of the argument the best they could.

For the Imperials, they were standing there confused on what was happening. Even if Twilight was a Princess, she didn’t seem to get along with Celestia. They knew that their own leaders would sometimes argue, but they never went this far.

Matthew and TK seemed to be the only ones that understood where Twilight was coming from. Both would do anything to protect their family, even if it meant their deaths. TK would protect his wife and daughter while Matthew would protect all three of them and even more with his soldiers. Both have been in many battles and have never fully gotten over the pain from sending the men they care for to battle just to die.

Before the arguing could continue, Matthew nodded to TK who brought out one of his pistols and aimed it towards the roof. After aiming, he pulled the trigger as a loud back rang throughout the room, immediately stopping the argument.

For the others, they weren’t sure what to think. While they were glad the argument stopped, they weren’t fully happy with their method. Town Hall was already damaged enough without the extra bullet hole.

“Couldn’t you two have found a better way to stop it?” Shining asked as he walked over. “You guys could’ve just yelled at them.”

“Actually with how loud they were it wouldn’t of did any good,” Yuri replied. “They were arguing so loud it would’ve woke the dead.” He laughed at his joke but stopped when no one else was laughing. “Sorry.” Yuri left, leaving the main leaders to talk.

“I apologize for that,” Matthew said. “We didn’t want to do that but we needed to get your attention.” He cleared his throat and began to explain what their plan was. “Twilight, we are going to need you to stay here.” Twilight was about to open her mouth to interrupt before TK stopped her.

“I feel your pain, Twilight,” TK said. “You care for your son. I have a daughter that I would do anything to protect. Even kill my own dad. Kari and I would put ourselves in danger to protect her, but you need to think. If you die, then would your son have anyone? I know Colonel Sentry would take care of him, but how would he feel if his mother was dead?”

Twilight looked down, thinking of what TK had said. She knew he was right. While Flash was more than capable of taking care of Spike, he had already lost his real parents and they were murdered in front of him. She didn’t want to let him see her die like his real parents.

“I’m sorry,” Twilight said.

“No,” Matthew replied. “You shouldn’t apologize. You’re a parent. It’s understandable. Your heart is in the right place but there are times that you need to use your head.” Twilight nodded as everyone went back to the map.

“Now,” Celestia said. “The treachery of Blueblood and many others have hurt us. Most likely to win we’ll need to capture them. If they’re at the castle, take them hostage.” Matthew and TK nodded, though they had an uneasy look on their face.

“Very well,” TK said. “But we’ll need a guide to the castle.”

As soon as she heard those words, Luna immediately rose her hand.

“I’ll help you,” she said. “I’ll bring some of my guards to help.” TK nodded as Matthew went back to the doorway and brought out a strange device. TK and the rest of the Imperials closed their ears as Matthew brought it up to his mouth. Before the Equestrians could wonder what it was, Matthew’s voice could be heard even louder than it was on the battlefield.

“GENERAL UZUMAKI GET TO TOWN HALL RIGHT NOW!”

The nearby guards held their ears as the device allowed for a regular voice to be heard miles away. The beeping of it was bad enough, but when the voice came out, it felt as if they were back in basic.

A blonde haired man walked over to Matthew. His uniform dark green, giving him an advantage in the woods, carrying a weapon that was much different than the other Imperial soldiers. This weapon was smaller and used different ammo.

While the main Imperial force used their rifled muskets, his unit used more upgraded weapons due to them being in dangerous situations from raids on supply depots to securing positions behind enemy lines with airborne units until reinforcements could arrive from the front.

“Reporting for duty, sir!” Naruto exclaimed as he saluted his emperor. He was always ready for a fight, even if his men weren’t used in the frontlines anymore.

“Get a few of your squads together,” Matthew ordered. “We’re moving out into the forest for a raid on the castle.”

“Right away, sir!” Naruto exclaimed, happy that he would be going into a good fight instead of sneaking around. For the past few years, he had been ordered to sneak around or land ahead of any invasion force, including the airborne, but now he was going into a full battle.

As the raiding force began to assemble, Cold walked over to them, a dark look in his eyes.

“You’re all going to die in the Everfree,” he said. “That place is haunted and no one has ever returned from it.” Before he could continue, he was hit in his armor by a rock. “Who threw that?”

The Imperial soldiers soon all picked up rocks and threw them at Cold, yelling for him to get out. As he was about to bring out his sword and attack, a loud bang was heard as Cold was covered in rotten tomatoes.

“Whoever did this will be in trouble!” he yelled. Celestia walked by, holding her nose from the stench that now covered Cold.

“What are you doing, Cold?” she asked. Cold was about to complain just as Matthew and TK walked over.

“Might I suggest your captain have a very long bath,” TK said, holding his nose as well. Cold just got up and left, grumbling about unfairness. “We’re ready to head for the castle. We’ll be back with everyone.” Celestia nodded as Matthew went to the soldiers.

“Shoulder arms!” he commanded.

“Shoulder arms!” was the reply of the soldiers as they lift their weapons up, the stock near their waists, keeping one hand on their weapon and the other to their side.

“Right face!” came the next command. As if they were expecting it, the entire column turned right in perfect sync, not a single soldier late in their turn.

“Forward!”

“Company” “Company”

“March.” As the last command was given, the group began to march out as the drum kept a steady beat for each soldier, their faces as hard as rocks as they kept their eyes forward, marching in perfect order to the Everfree where Luna’s Guards were waiting to help guide them to their objective.

As the groups gathered, Naruto and his commando’s went a head of the main force with orders to help clear a path to the castle. With them were two of Luna’s guards. Her Captain, Moonlight, and a regular guard named Dusk Chaser.

As they walked through the woods, the main group followed behind, now using a scout formation. The lead soldiers kept their guns pointed forward while others kept searching their flanks and the trees, watching for snipers.

As the main group was entering a clearing, bullets began to hit their position as Lennex troops opened up with whatever they had, pinning the lead group soldiers. Imperial forces ran for cover, dodging bullets the best they could as they ricocheted off the ground into the air, whizzing by their ears. A few Imperial soldiers ran for the enemy positions, only to be cut down faster than they could count to five by the lennex fire.

“KEEP DOWN LADS!” Yuri commanded as he and Matthew kept returning fire with their pistols, missing every shot as they had to keep hiding from the bullets.

As the Lennex forces were about to reload their weapons, flames began to hit their position as Imperial Commandos arrived and attacked the Lennex flank. The flames forced the Lennex forces from their hiding spots, many of them catching on fire as they ran into the open and fell to the ground trying to put out the flames.

As they ran into the open, Imperial forces that were once pinned opened fire, their shots hitting their targets, causing many to fall down, still on fire.

“Perfect timing, Naruto,” Matthew said as he walked out of the trees. “Any longer and we would’ve been stuck there are weeks.”

“You know me,” Naruto replied. “I always arrive at the right time.”

“What about that time in the Dragon Empire when you vanished and never arrived till after the fighting was over?” TK commented.

“That was one time!” Naruto exclaimed.

“Don’t mean to interrupt,” Luna said. “But we need to get to the castle.” The three nodded as the allied force marched further into the Everfree, keeping a better eye out for any ambush.

When they arrived at the old castle, they saw the place in ruins. Towers were caving in, the walls knocked down, and the main keep was missing its roof.

“What happened here?” Matthew asked. They had seen damage to many castles in the past, mostly because of them, but this seemed to be hit hard and just left to die.

“Years ago,” Luna began. “Celestia and mine’s ancestors ruled from this castle. It was what they call the crown jewel of Equestria. It was centuries ago that an army under the banner of what seemed to be a Dragon invaded and moved all the way from the Griffon Provinces to here. when they laid siege, they kept attacking for weeks. Their catapults had knocked down many of the walls and even destroyed the old bridge to keep them trapped. Many of them rode dragons and attacked the towers.”

“How did they get away?” Yuri asked.

“There are secret passages in the castle that allowed for the defenders to escape. They should still be in good condition.”

“Then that’s how we’ll get in,” Matthew said. ‘Lead the way.” They went down the nearby cliff, using a path that didn’t allow for much room to go more than two lines. Every soldier had to keep his pack close as they marched single file, avoiding the edge leading to a thirty foot drop to the bottom.

As they continued down, Yuri lost his footing and was about to fall when Matthew and TK grabbed his hands, pulling him back up.

“Thanks,” he said, trying to get his breathing under control from the scare.

Finally, they reached to bottom of the hill, finding a cave that lead to the old castle basement.

“There are multiple tunnels in this place,” Luna said. “They’ll eventually lead to the main hall, but we’ll be going in without knowing where to go.”

“All units are to split up and get to the doors leading to out objective,” Matthew ordered. “General Stanley, I want your men to head for the dungeons. TK, you’re with me. Naruto, go with Luna and clear out the armory. If anyone is in trouble, help the best you can.”

“Right away,” The Imperials said as they ran off into the tunnel. Luna and her guards watched them rush into the darkness, beginning the raid.

Guardian Force marched through the old tunnels, archers leading the way with some regular soldiers carrying torches to provide light. The tunnels were filled with cobwebs, making it hard to walk through without getting any on them. Many of the soldiers had to stop and knock them off, before any spiders landed on them. The wet ground caused them to move slowly, trying not to slip and fall to the ground.

When they arrived at an old wooden door, they slowly opened it and found their objective. There was only one guard watching the prisoners. When they found him, he was fast asleep, unaware that Imperial forces were right there next to him. When he woke up, he was about to scream for help before an Imperial officer held his hand over the guard’s mouth and sliced his throat, blood spilling to the ground as the guard fell. The officer turned and swung his sword, knocking off the old locks, freeing the prisoners.

General Stanley walked up to the cell, finding many of them beaten. He approached a man with light orange hair wearing a cowboy hat and vest. As he helped him up, the man tried to keep his footing, barely able to stay up.

“Might thanks, stranger,” the man said. “I’m Braeburn Apple.”

“General Stanley,” Stanley replied. “Commander of Imperial Guardian Force. We’re here to rescue you.”

“Thanks,” Braeburn replied. “I’m not the only one here. With me are Night Light and Twilight Velvet. They’re Twilight Sparkle’s parents. There’s also Trixie Lulamoon and Prince Blueblood.”

“Was there any sign of a young boy around fifteen or so?” Stanley asked.

“He’s being held in the main hall,” Blueblood replied. “I saw him being taken there before I got thrown in here.”

“Alright,” General Stanley got on his communicator and contacted his friend. “Sir, we found the prisoners. They say that Spike is held in the main hall. Also, we have the one that Celestia told us about, but he seems to be a prisoner.”

“He’s a prisoner,” Matthew replied. “I guess they saw a clone of his.” Gunfire was soon heard from Matthew’s side of the conversation as machine guns opened up. “If you’re done down there, head for the main hall. We’ll be there when we can.” The conversation ended as Stanley turned to his men.

“Lets get to our objective,” he said as they all moved out, the prisoners following them.

Unknown to them, a group of teens was following close behind, led by Sweetie Belle. When she had heard that Spike was being held at the old castle and that there was a rescue mission, she immediately trailed the Imperial Forces, the others following her in hopes of rescuing their friend. They had kept away from the fight and trailed after the commandos after they broke off.

Meanwhile, the Commando’s and Luna’s Guard had reached the armory, making no contact with Lennex forces along their path. the old armory was filled with spears and swords from when the castle was under siege. The old armor was covered in dust and cobwebs, making it hard to grab any. When one of the commandos picked up an old spear, the tip fell off, hitting the ground and shattering.

“How long ago did you say the siege was?” Naruto asked.

“About six centuries ago,” Luna replied. “I guess even if the old weapons still looked ok, the elements must have worn them down.”

“It must’ve been something,” one of the commandos commented.

The sound of battle was soon heard, meaning that there was confrontation somewhere between Imperial and Lennex forces.

Both the First and Emperor’s Guard squads were walking through the castle, keeping an eye out for any remaining Lennex forces. Even though they had beaten the main group at Ponyville, a small number had retreated here, hoping to find shelter. Now, Imperial forces were hunting down the remaining Lennex troops, hoping to either capture them or eliminate what was left.

They had searched for a half hour when Matthew’s communicator went off.

“Sir, we found the prisoners. They say that Spike is held in the main hall. Also, we have the one that Celestia told us about, but he seems to be a prisoner.”

“He’s a prisoner,” Matthew replied. “I guess they saw a clone of his.”

As the lead scout entered the next hallway, a shot rang out as the bullet hit his head, knocking him to the ground.

“AMBUSH!” Yuri shouted as they ran for cover behind the wall, another group running across the opening to the other side, dodging bullets as they ran.

“If you’re done down there, head for the main hall. We’ll be there when we can.” Matthew turned off the communicator and hid behind cover with the rest of his men. Lennex machine guns once again had them pinned with no way to move forward.

Matthew took his hat off and picked up a stick that was laying on the ground. As he placed his hat on it, he turned to TK, who was on the other side and nodded, placing his hat out in view. Lennex fire went for it, knocking it off the stick, tearing the hat to shreds.

TK’s group threw smoke grenades down the hall, hoping that the smoke will be enough to fill it up, allowing the two groups to move again, bullets hitting the old walls around them as the bricks began to chip from the constant fighting.

One stray bullet hit a support beam, as more of the roof began to fall in.

“SCATTER!” TK yelled, the debris falling right in front of some of the Imperials. Some of the soldiers ran into the open, getting shot, a few injured in their legs.

As the smoke grenades went off, filling the hall with smoke, Imperial forces ran from their cover and charged for the small Lennex squad, as medics grabbed the wounded and brought them to safety. When the attacking soldiers appeared from behind the smoke, Lennex forces immediately charged forward, meeting the Imperials in a melee battle. One Imperial soldier knelt down and flipped a charging Lennex officer, making the officer flip forward onto his back as another soldier stabbed him in the stomach, the officer crying out in pain.

The commandos and Luna’s guard found the two groups still engaged in melee when they showed up. The commandos opened up on Lennex forces trying to escape as Luna and her guard rushed into the fight, cutting down the Lennex guards.

Luna saw both Matthew and TK fight one of the higher ranking Lennex guards, using their swords to defend themselves as the other would attack. Both worked well together, mostly due to the both being in battle for years. Neither one giving the Lennex officer any ground as they kept up their attack before they were able to stab both of their swords into the guard’s stomach, the guard dropping his sword as he grunted in pain.

As the fight ended, the four groups caught their breath as Matthew picked up his hat.

“Well there goes another hat,” he said to no one in particular. They caught their breath and met up with Guardian Force at the entrance to the main hall, explosives planted on the doors, waiting for the command to allow the Imperials to charge in and finish it.

As soon as Luna saw Blueblood, she went for her sword only for Matthew and TK cross their swords in front of him, protecting him.

“What are you doing!” she exclaimed. “He’s a traitor.”

“Traitor or not, we need info from him,” TK said.

“Also that list had his name on it with the other prisoners,” Matthew continued. “Kill him now and we won’t learn anything about that.” Luna’s Guard took aim while the Imperials stepped in front, also aiming at the Equestrians. As they were about to pull their triggers, Luna stopped them.

“Stand down,” she ordered. Both sides lowered their weapons. “When you get your info, you better make sure he’s not lying.” She turned to head for a near by doorway, opening it to find a certain group of teens fall out when the door was opened. “What are you all doing here?”

“I’m here to rescue my boyfriend!” Sweetie Belle exclaimed.

“No,” Luna replied. “You’re going back to Ponyville and waiting till we get this taken care of.”

“No!” Sweetie yelled. Both were staring at the other, neither one backing down.

“General Stanley,” Matthew said. “Did you bring my extra battle hat?”

“Right here, sir,” he replied, handing Matthew his hat. “I think we need to get this under control before we go any further.”

“I’m not getting involved,” Matthew said. “I don’t know much about women, but they do have a nasty temper and I do not want to be on the receiving end of it.”

“Weren’t you on the receiving end a few times?” Yuri asked.

“Do not remind me,” Matthew said, his face going dark. Yuri immediately went quiet, not wanting to anger his Emperor. He grabbed a remote and pressed the button, blowing the doors wide open as Imperial commandos ran into the room, firing as they went. They were followed by the other Imperial groups, running into the melee. Lennex troops fired off a volley, many of their rounds missing, but were able to injure some of the lead units, before also charging forward, their guns used as either shields or bayonets as spears to hold off the attackers. Officers would use their swords, fighting other officers, even going as far as kneeing them in the gut and punching their opponent in the face.

The Equestrians walked into the room after the Imperials ran through the smoke, finding the remaining Lennex forces fighting tooth and nail against superior Imperial forces, but were soon forced into surrendering. As she heard a grunt, Sweetie turned to her left and saw Spike sitting there, his face covered in blood.

“SPIKE!” Sweetie exclaimed, running over to her boyfriend. She untied him and helped him to his feet, as Dinky walked over.

“Let me help,” she said, as the two girls helped Spike over to where an Imperial medic was standing.

With the raid on the castle over, the remaining Lennex forces were being rounded up and brought outside, the remaining officer being separated for interrogation.

“I would highly suggest that you tell us what we want to know or it’ll be your death,” Yuri said, pointing his pistol at the officer’s head.

“First, how did you get into Equestria?” Matthew asked.

“We got in thanks to our spies,” the officer said. “Equestria is weak, just like you are. Our spies are everywhere, making sure you will die.” Yuri slapped the officer in the face.

“Who are your spies?” TK asked.

“Wouldn’t you like to know,” the officer snarked. Yuri once again hit the officer.

“Final question,” Stanley asked. “What were your objectives?”

“To kill everyone,” the officer replied. “The Equestrian Royalty was to serve my master any way he wanted them to. That kid with the Dragon DNA was only good to please the men.” Matthew made a slicing motion with his thumb across his neck as another Imperial officer walked up behind the officer, slicing his throat.

“Any more Lennex forces want to mess with us?” Matthew asked. The remaining Lennex soldiers shook their heads, hoping to not suffer the same fate.

“Let’s head back for Ponyville,” TK said. Everyone packed up their gear and marched back to town, Sweetie helping to carry Spike, who had just woke up.

“Can someone tell me what’s going on?” he asked.

“We’ll explain everything on the way back to Ponyville,” Luna said, unsure of what had happened. The trip back was done in silence.