• Published 26th Feb 2014
  • 1,510 Views, 42 Comments

Imperial Liberation of Equestria - Darth Redbeard



Equestria will soon become a battleground for one of the largest wars they have ever seen. The Imperial and Lennex Empires fight for Equestria.

  • ...
19
 42
 1,510

Landing in Equestria

The fog had fully lifted by the time the first Imperial ships arrived at the docks. While normally a warship would land first, Las Pegasus was still held by Equestria, allowing the transports to land the first groups of men ashore. Men wearing white armor walked off the boats, their weapons at the ready for any attack.

Many of the civilians watched as these men began to form a small line at the docks as a massive ship entered the harbor, a smaller ship pulling alongside.

“It appears the Liberty is too big for the docks,” Aang said. “The Bullet will take you all to shore. We didn’t except the harbor to be so small.”

“I was in Fillydelphia before,” Matthew began. “We had to row ashore after the Black Death was damaged in that storm. Ports are more suited for the smaller warships or cargo ships anyhow. They’re not our harbors.”

“And just what do you mean by that?” Luna asked, tapping her foot.

“I mean, that the number of Imperial Ships and the size of many of these won’t fit in the harbor,” Matthew explained. “This fleet was stationed in different harbors or already out at sea when the order came to move. Even we can’t place an entire fleet in a single city.”

“Then how did an entire fleet get destroyed?” Luna asked. When he said a fleet was hit, she had thought it was an entire fleet, but now she wasn’t so sure.

“It was the main group of the fleet,” Aang answered. “The fleet itself was divided into five groups. The main group was what got hit and almost wiped out.”

“Not to interrupt anything,” one of the officers began. “But we really should get onboard the Bullet and head for the harbor.”

“Right,” Matthew said. “Aang, have the supply ships begin docking as soon as we finish making sure the city is safe. I don’t want any Lennex planes coming in as we unload.” Matthew walked down the ramp towards the smaller ship as Luna and Sweetie Belle followed.

When he arrived, the captain and a few of the officers were waiting to receive their orders.

“Ready when you are, sir!” he exclaimed.

“Full speed to the docks,” Matthew ordered. The captain nodded and went to the helm with the others. The ships began moving into the harbor as other small ships began leaving after dropping off the spearhead of the landing forces.


As the Bullet began mooring at the docks, a band gathered and began to play just as the Emperor was walking down the gangplank.

After the band finished playing, the Imperial forces got to work unloading. Trains were being lowered from the transport ships and placed on the tracks. The whole landing port was a buzz of activity. More soldiers were marching from the boats and grabbing crates, weapons, and ammo to place them on the train.

Luna was looking around and saw her sister walking towards her. Celestia was wearing her usual white royal dress that she wore everyday. Her face was that of relief for her sister and Equestria. Relief that Luna was alive. Relief that Equestria now stood a higher chance in the coming battle.

"I'm glad you're alright, Luna," she said. Matthew soon walked up to the two of them.

"Good to see you again, Celestia," he said. “How are things going, besides this whole mess that just happened?”

"Likewise," she replied. “I wish I could say things are good. From what I’ve seen, Equestria was hit by surprise without a declaration of war.”

“Happened to us as well,” Matthew explained. “We were able to secure a peace agreement, but lost some territory. A few months later, one of our fleets was hit with some of our best ships sunk or damaged.”

“Talk about strange,” Celestia commented. “Our fleet was hit as well,” Cadance soon walked up to the three. “Allow me to introduce our niece, Princess Mi Amore Cadenza.”

“Princess Cadance is just fine,” Cadance replied. “I never did like my full name. I lead the Crystal Empire with my husband, Shining Armor. He’s in charge of the Royal Guard.

“If you don’t mind me asking,” Matthew began. “Where is the guard? I would’ve thought that they would’ve been here to guard the city.”

“Shining and the captains took them towards Ponyville to halt the Lennex advance,” Celestia said. “We’re hoping to stop them there before they move any further. Last we heard, they made camp for the night.”

“So, your forces tried to counterattack the Lennex Empire?” Matthew asked, his right eyebrow rising.

“That’s not a problem, is it?” Cadance asked.

“No,” Matthew replied. “I just find it surprising after what I heard.”

Before anyone else could say anything another young woman walked up.

"Allow me to introduce, Princess Twilight Sparkle," said Luna. Matthew bowed to Twilight. Just then, an Imperial general with blond hair and blue eyes walked up. With him was a woman with brown hair and chestnut colored eyes. Celestia knew who those two were and let Matthew introduce them to the other three.

"This is my second-in-command, General, Takeru Takashi. We just call him, TK. And with him, is his wife, Hikari Takashi. Call her Kari."

As soon as he finished, a crash was heard behind him.

“Please tell me it wasn’t those two again,” TK said, shaking his head.

“I’ll be right back,” Matthew said, turning around to where the noise came from. The others watched as he went to two soldiers that were blaming each other for the mess. Luna recognized them as the same soldiers she saw back on the ship she was on when she first arrived in the Imperial Empire. They watched as the two soldiers began backing away from their Emperor, as he walked over them them very slowly. Just as they turned to run, one of them was grabbed and thrown into the harbor. They other one looked at the Emperor, before jumping into the harbor himself.

Matthew smiled and walked back to the group, the Equestrians just looking at him like he was crazy.

“You know those two will never learn,” TK mentioned. “No matter what happens, they’ll be back to their old selves.”

“I know,” Matthew replied. “But it is fun when they save me the trouble of dealing with them.”

“That was cruel,” Twilight said. “You could’ve done something else to get them to stop!”

“Those two have been nothing but trouble for us ever since they joined up,” a man in white armor said as he walked over.

“This is Yuri,” Matthew introduced. “He’s second in command of the Emperor’s Guard.”

“A pleasure to meet you, general,” Celestia said.

“Please, I’m no general,” Yuri replied. “I hold the rank of captain. I’m just here to inform everyone that the first two trains are ready.” As Yuri began to walk away, he felt a hand on his shoulder.

“And where do you think you’re going?” Matthew asked. “You get yourself to the first engine right now. You and I are driving that one.”

Yuri grumbled as he began walking towards the first engine, followed by Matthew. TK walked off to the second train as it was being placed into position for the advance.

Celestia, Twilight, and Cadance went to the second train as Luna went to the first to help guide them towards Ponyville.”

When Luna saw the engine, she was in awe that this machine would be pulling this large military train. The engine had four small wheels up front, with four large wheels behind. A large funnel helped to regulate built-up steam pressure. The cab was small and open. In the tender was a large amount of wood, which Luna assumed was the fuel for the engine. They climbed into the cab of the locomotive. Sweetie Belle soon climbed in with three other girls her age.

"These are my friends," she began, "Applebloom, Scootaloo, and Babs Seed." Luna explained that Babs was the one who saw the first of their cities to come under attack. She also lost her parents when that happened. Matthew could tell that Babs became upset when her parents were mentioned and kept quiet out of respect.

Just then, they heard the conductor's whistle and started the engine. The man with the white armor began to throw wood into the firebox of the engine as Matthew took the controls. The train moved out of the city and into the Equestrian mainland. The Battle for Equestria was about to begin.

Author's Note:

Same as I said in the Authors note in chapter one.