• Published 25th Feb 2014
  • 5,524 Views, 91 Comments

The Demon lord of Equestria - Ninetails



Alone with no memories and amazing power I tried to help. I only caused pain and they imprisoned me. They left me to rot. I will return. I will have vengance.

  • ...
20
 91
 5,524

Building Bridges

I awoke the next morning feeling much better than I did when I first awoke in the forest. Well I still had no memories or idea where I was but I felt better to say the least. I stretched out on the bed and started grooming my tails. I don't really know why I started this but it was a relaxing venture to say the least. It was however, a time consuming process. After an hour of careful hard work I had finished my task. My tails looked much better and I also felt better. It was then that the door to my room slowly opened. 'Talk about timing'.


“Um mister Ninetails I was sent to fetch you when you are ready to see the princesses.” The servant was quite nervous. I didn't quite get why as I had done nothing to suggest I would be hostile. I arose from the bed and made my way over to her. She stared intently at the floor and looked surprised when I placed one of my tails under her chin and gently raised her head to look at me.


“Well then lead on my dear.” I said simply looking into her eyes to show there was no need to fear me. If I had know how this day would end I wouldn't have bothered trying to change her perception of me. After this she lead me through the castle and we arrived at a the main hall where the princesses were already sitting on their respective thrones.


“Aha Ninetails good to see you. I trust you had a good night?” Luna was positively brimming with excitement. Probably because unlike when we first met I had all day to answer any questions they might have. I bowed a little to show respect.


“Yes I did have a good night.” I said smiling. I wondered if they could see my smile through my mask. 'Probably not, they probably think I don't show emotion, pity'. I could tell they wanted to ask more questions of me but I needed to know a few things first.


“I hate to seem like a burden but I don't actually know where I am.” I stated wanting to get the awkward questions out of the way first. This did seem to surprise the princesses as they assumed I would have such rudimentary knowledge such as the country I was currently in.


“Of course I didn't realize that you didn't know.” Celestia said her eyes widening at the realization. After that she set about explaining Equestria as well as the surrounding countries. To the north was the Crystal Empire. It was ruled by king Sombra. Apparently the two sisters didn't like him at all. To the east was the Griffin kingdom. Ruled by Royal Feather it seemed to have strained relationships with Equestria. To the West was the badlands apparently. No one seemed to know what lived there as no pony who went in came out. As of yet the southern border was largely unexplored because of the Everfree Forest. I could see why they didn't try to go through it. I could handle myself against the few monsters I had met in the forest but I wasn't sure if I could keep my winning streak up. Also I imagined that most of these ponies were not as strong as me.


After they finished their explanation of Equestria and the surrounding nations the conversation went to its next logical topic, me. I can't say I didn't try to answer the questions they asked. Its just that my only memories they didn't know about were me waking up realizing I had no memory and the manticore attack. They pressed me quite a bit on my powers once they heard about them.


“So what exactly is this power you wield?” Luna asked me. I shifted from one paw to another unsure about how to answer that question. 'What exactly is my power?' I looked up and decided to share what I knew.


“As far as I can tell the power is related to my tails. When I used my power the world appeared gray and still. Moving my tail above my head seemed to draw on the world with red ink.” 'Blood' my thoughts whispered correcting me.


“After I drew the line time and color seemed to catch up to me and where I drew the line the manticores tails was cleaved apart.”


“This is an interesting development.” Celestia quipped. I nodded in agreement as much as I probably should have used caution to hide my abilities I felt it only right to be honest.


“Can you demonstrate this ability for us to see?” Luna asked. I thought about it. 'It can't hurt'. 'On the other paw what would I cut...for that matter what else can I do'. I pondered this for a while before deciding I could demonstrate my ability.


“I would like to but what would I use it on? I don't want to damage anything important.” I asked. Luna considered this before Celestia spoke.


“Well I happen to have an apple here that I wish was in cut half but it seems that my chefs didn't do so.” She cheerily pointed out. I chuckled a bit despite myself. Celestia placed the apple on the ground a good ten feet from me. I began to wonder if I could actually replicate that power. After that moment of contemplation I decided to proceed. Raising one of my tails above my head in a motion that, even though I had only done it once before under extreme pressure, felt completely natural. After my tail was in position the world entered a familiar state of grays and stillness. I “drew” a red line across the apple and when I was finished a familiar sight greeted me. The world seemed to catch up with me as color and motion flooded back into the world. The apple suddenly seemed to develop a split cleanly where my line had been drawn. The two sisters look in shock at the now bisected apple.


“So what did you see?” I asked curious to see if they had experienced time the same way I did. The sisters looked at each other and then Luna spoke up.


“I did not see anything like what you described to us.” She started slowly. “What I saw was you moved your tail then it twitched and the apple was cleaved in two.” The three of us sat there contemplating what was just said. 'She didn't see the color fade or return. What does that mean'. I guessed it meant that for me time stopped while for everyone else nothing stopped at all. I was pondering what that meant when a guard burst into the room. From the looks of him he had been flying for quite some distance. All eyes were on him as he spoke.


“Princesses...I..bring news fromponyville...the local...local Ursa population is going..wild!” He tried to say everything in one breath but his exhaustion meant he could only speak in short bursts. Celestia and Luna seemed shocked at the news. However it did not prevent them from giving orders and taking command. A thing I was beginning to admire about them.


“Send a full regiment of guards to ponyville at once.” Celestia commanded with all the air of authority she could muster. Which was quite a lot.


“Princess allow me to repay you for your kindness by helping with this problem.” I said stepping forward. Celestia and Luna turned and kinda just stared at me. I will admit the fact I couldn't read the expressions on their faces was quite disturbing to me.


“Sister what do you think?” Celestia turned to Luna looking for a second opinion to help base hers on.


“I believe we should allow our guest to help if he is willing to.” As Luna spoke her voice seemed unusually measured. Celestia considered this before speaking.


“I agree with you sister. Very well Ninetails if you wish to assist the guard I will not stop you.” She stated. I bowed slightly and then proceeded following the guard to where they were gathering. If I had know the repercussions of trying to help these ponies. I wouldn’t have even bothered.