• Published 24th Mar 2012
  • 837 Views, 20 Comments

The Knights of Fiction - Yoh_3



The Recounting of Isaiah Aarons, Knight of Fiction, and his experiences protecting MLP FIM

  • ...
 20
 837

Protect these Ponies With your Life

Chapter 1
Protect These Ponies with your Life

I sat Across from a slightly bored looking man, his hairline receding while we sat there. He stared lazily at the paper work in his hand, his eyebrows slightly arching at some of the more interesting bits, but otherwise he was completely inert.

The Name's Isaiah Aarons, Knight of Fiction of the 7th level, and currently the Third youngest of my order. I sat, slumped, eyes sweeping over the room because, hey, what else can you do during the mind numbing process that is a transfer request. The Room was relatively bland, a lot of beige, beige, and oh my what's this, beige. The walls held a few posters, one noticeable one depicting a knight pointing menacingly at the camera with his sword drawn, a caption informed me that canon won't protect itself and that I should join today. Gotta love propaganda.

The mans desk held very little a couple scattered papers, a few loose pens, and a picture in a frame that I couldn't actually see, although I think it's safe to assume that it was a family photo of some kind.

I fiddled with my sword which leaned against my chair. It was a simple iron piece, nothing remarkable about it in it's current state, I had it since I joined the Knights and it served me well, protecting me from many a fanon nasty.

A small cough brought me out of my reflections. The mans eyes had left the paper work and was staring at me, his knuckle slightly pushing in his face as he leaned on it.

"Says here that you first joined in 2005?" The man's eye flicked back to the paper before quickly returning to me, confirming that he hadn't made a mistake.

"That's right." I confirmed, nodding my head.

"Also says here that you trained for the most part in the Fire Emblem series."

"Yep, learned my swordsmanship from the Sword masters of that series." I said, a hint of pride touching my voice.

"Mmm-hmm, It's also says that your first assignment was protecting Pokemon, starting in January of 2006, but it also says that you only stayed there for about a year before turning in a transfer report, why is that?"

"Oh yeah," I murmured, Idly scratching the back of my head, "Well it turns out that Pokemon can get a lot darker than you might think, and then there was that case with the Murderous Totodile in New Bark Town." I never did learn where that thing had came from.

"Alrighty then, It goes on to say that you were then assigned to Dynasty Warriors, but you requested a transfer in about a month."

"Oh the fanon threats were fun to fight in that series, but they also came with a shit ton of mooks, and trust me, weeding through a couple hundreds of generic solders is a thankless job."

"Not the best Justification," I winced a little, "but whatever, finally, it says that You were assigned to Devil May Cry from 4 onwards, and you had been there ever since, until now."

"So, Uh, how does it look for my transfer?" I asked, holding my breath.

"Well, Isaiah, the quick transfers for your first two assignments looks bad, makes it look like you have little patience and that you're not taking the job too seriously." wince, "However, your two years with DMC should dispel any fears anyone may have about your work ethic. Yeah you should be okay, I'm very confident that your request should go through and by the end of the week you should be assigned to a new series."

I exhaled a feeling of relief flowing through me.

"Now just to find you a new possible assignment." with that the man stood up, turned, and walked briskly to a file cabinet that stood behind him. He opened a drawer marked "open series" and flicked through it muttering to himself while he did. When he appeared satisfied with what he found he came back and sat down in his chair. In his hands he held two files which he preceded to set down on the desk. "Luckily for you there's two open, and since there's not other transfer requests after you currently, you get to have the pick of the litter."

"Well what are they, shoot."

"Firstly we actually have a series that was vacated by another Knight with a transfer request, very popular series especially with young women, might want to consider it."

"Okay, but what is it?" I asked, leaning forward a bit.

The man coughed a bit, and flipped open the file, and I found a cover of a book that depicted a pair of hands holding an apple. "It's Twilight." the man murmured looking down and away from me.

"No, No, A thousand times No!" I shouted, raising out of my seat a bit.

"Yeah, that's about the reaction I expected," He said his eyes returning to look at me, "don't worry though you have another option, although I don't think you're going to like it that much more."

"Really I don't care what else you show me, as long as it's not that." I said, pointing at the file that held the cover for Twilight.

"Alright then." he said flipping open the opposite file. A Picture depicting 7 Horses and a small reptile like creature, all smiling, huddled around a Logo that said "My Little Pony, Friendship is Magic," stared up at me.

"You're shitting me."

"Nope."

"There's no other open series?"

"Sorry."

"Alright fine, give me the ponies."

"That's the spirit," He said, sarcasm positively dripping from his voice.

---

I was informed two days later that my request has gone through and that my riffer would be a fellow named Thomas Bell.

I Stood before the machine that would send me into the world of pastel colored ponies, my arms crossed, my eyes closed in contemplation, at least until a lab technician strode up to me and strapped a tube to my arm.

"Okay, I'll bite, what the hell is this for?"

"Oh yeah this is your first time going into a Brand spanking new series isn't it." said a voice that came through the tiny ear piece that I was forced to wear at all times.

I looked up at the window that looked down over me, I could see a Guy, about my age, brown haired, with glasses that were slightly crooked on his face waving at me, this was Thomas Bell and I had just met him earlier that day.

"Yeah it is, so what's so special about that?"

"Well you see," Thomas explained sitting down, "we have to get the main denizens of the series you're going into used to you, not much of a problem when the place is made up of mainly humans, much bigger problem with non-human series such as the one you're about to dive into."

"Okay and..." I said, doing the hurry up motion with my hand.

"Well, heh, long story short were going to have to revert you back to a toddler."

"I 'm sorry WHAT!?"

"Just so you're not threatening to the ponies, don't worry you'll still have your current intellect and you'll perceive the world the exact same way you would now, and by the time the series start you'll be back to your proper age."

"How?"

"Well you're going to be sent back about 15 years before the series starts and you'll grow from there."

I grunted a bit and looked down.

"You're also going to have to leave your sword here."

"Oh Come On!"

"Again, don't worry you'll get it back around the time the series starts."

I groaned and handed the sword to the technician, " Okay, Okay, and what about the tube?"

"Well the process of turning someone into a toddler is kinda painful, so we have to dope you up on painkillers and knock you out something fierce."

"Is it too late to go take the vampires?"

"Pretty much, whenever your ready."

I took a deep breath, steeled myself, and said "ready." Almost instantly I was given a first class ticket right to la-la land.